Canadian Tire / auto service scam
Took my car in for an mvi, swapping of summer tires to winter and an oil change. They said i had to leave my car there all day and they would shuttle me to and from the shop to home. Regardless of all that. They called me 4 or 5 hours into it and told me they changed the tires, the oil and that they found a broken bearing and a broken rear spring...heres the catch. They said they broken spring was connected to the lower arm by a bolt(which was seized) so they would have to replace both the spring and the lower arm. i said "cant you cut the bolt instead of replacing the lower arm" they said no its not that easy"
anyways...end result ...i picked the car up...paid $350.oo for tire swap, oil change and bearing for a wheel. they rejected my mvi and gave me a quote for another $1350.00 for the repair of my broken spring.
Get this...i got another mechanic to look at it...THE SPRING WASNT EVEN BROKE!..
i could not believe it...1 month before christmas. my kids almost did not have a christmas because of this. Regardless...the other mechanic found that all i needed was a set of brake pads, thats it. $135.00 is all it cost..
moral of the story is...dont go to canadian tire for car things...if you do...get a second opinion.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - unprofessional service
- Canadian Tire - home maison clear c7 indoor/outdoor lights
- Canadian Tire - service department, can't take appointments
- Canadian Tire - manager
- Canadian Tire - checkout/customer service