Menu
Meineke Car Care Center
reviews & complaints

Meineke Car Care Center
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

112 complaints
33 resolved 79 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Meineke Car Care Center. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:54 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - Damage to vehicle and tried to hide it

Meineke in N Las Vegas damaged my wheel cover making it leak oil severely. They hid the damage and when confronted confessed to the damage. Meanwhile I had to drive 1000 miles, stopping every 50 miles to add oil.

I wrote to the Meineke head office and they just returned my letter, totally ignoring the hell they put me through as well as extra expense.

I sent photos as proof and in two months they have ignored me.

Desired outcome: Compensation for 8 quarts of gear oil to get home and postage and handling. $152 (they billed me over $7000.00

C
6:42 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - Front counter woman.

Tried to make a appt ,ask questions about car, she was so hateful about the questions, so I made appt, then I decided to go there, she was even meaner,

she was very confrontational, I asked how much does a tune up for my car. She said can't tell me, until they looked at my car. I know what I wanted , this doesn't sound right,

You need to replace her, I am taking my car somewhere else.

Wake up,

I will suggest everyone will know.

She's killing your business. 38th st

Desired outcome: Get rid of your bad attitude front counter, she is looks like she wants to try you.And for some odd reason she knows what she is saying. You want employees,Like this???

J
2:23 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - Wrong odometer reading

I went to Meineke in Pineville NC several times for oil changes and inspection services. Over a month or so ago I decided to look into trading my car in and discovered that my car fax shows there was a roll back of my odometer. I looked at the car fax and it appears to be due to at least three times the Meineke in Pineville posted the incorrect odometer reading which resulted in my car fax showing a roll back. My husband went to Meineke manager and asked them to look into it. They blamed the "former guy" and said they would check into it but we have not received any response from them. It has been about a month now. My car has lost value because of their mistake and I can't trade it because of their mistake. How do I get this fixed?

Meineke Car Care Center located at 10515-A Centrum Parkway, Pineville NC 28134 (704) 542-2133

Desired outcome: I would like my car fax corrected and proof from this Meineke Store that it has been corrected by providing me a car fax report that shows the correction.

J
5:17 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern: My wife took her 2021 Kia Seltos in to the Franklin, Indiana location, on 990 N. Morton Street, for a routine oil change this past Saturday... The very next day the transmission started overheating, the engine started shaking, the exhaust started smoking, and the vehicle was no longer responsive to acceleration. We were left...

View 0 more photos
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Meineke in Mt. Prospect installed a fuel tank sending unit in my 1989 Lincoln Town Car which based on the part number was for a digital dash and my car has the analog dash and it will not work correctly. If you go on Amazon or Ebay both sites clearly state this part does not fit an 89 Town car so this is wrong! So I know exactly what they paid for it and...

K
9:17 am

Meineke Car Care Center - Oil change

I went to them on Thursday May 26, 2022 to get my oil change because I was going on a trip to West Virginia. While on my trip on May 28, 2022 I hard a noise and my car started smoking. I pull over and had a tow truck to bring me and the car home cause it was not drivable. The tow truck guy said I’m not a mechanic but your drain plug is missing to call the last person that don’t my oil change. On Monday May 30, 2022 I spoke to a manger at the store that was filling in, he said because my drain plug was missing it was either not tight enough or it was too tight that they we’re going to replace my motor. I spoke to the store manager on Tuesday May 31, 2022 and he said it’s nothing he can do cause we drove 800 miles. I have spoken to other Meineke Car Care Centers and they said if the drain plug was missing that is totally Meineke fault and he just don’t want to replace my motor. I am missing work and on the edge of loosing my job. I need my car fix. There was nothing wrong with my car they check for that also.

Desired outcome: I just need my car fix. There was nothing wrong with my car before taking it to them.

3:47 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - Damage to vehicle and tried to hide it

My vehicle was damaged and unsafe to drive, by Meineke in N. Las Vegas. They covered up the damage and send me out on the road under dangerous condition. I contacted Meineke and they first denied it then admitted it. I contacted their head office and they returned my letter unanswered. This was very serious and could have caused a serious accident if not found in time.

Desired outcome: Compensation for extra cost of getting home, having had to stop every 50 miles to add oil to a wheel hub.

L
3:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello my is Leroy Blake, I went to Meineke #2868 AUTO SERVICE MECHANIC located at 8164-D Richmond Hwy Alexandria, VA 22309 I had scheduled and appointment fo 11:00 am Saturday May 28, 2022 I came into the location an tell the gentleman I have noise on the left driver’s side he then state it would be $49 dollars to to a inspection. I questioned why wa...

R
12:23 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - Oil change and tuneup.

re: meineke in royal palm beach florida.

Franchise is a total scam. The "shop manager" juan ramirez is a scam artist. The owner must be proud.

I paid $365 for oil change and 6 spark plugs.Took 2 1/2 hours for oil change and 6 spark plugs on a 1993 jeep wrangler yj 4.0l. None of the other work that i was told would be done was finished.

The air filter cover was left unclamped with 2 clamps missing. The light bulb under the hood was removed and not put back in. A screw and bolt for a bracket on the side of the valve cover was not replaced. Your shop manager said they were probably in the garbage.

These are no certified mechanics on the premises.

I saw 2 guys trying to change the spark plugs and they were having a hard time doing it.

I saw the owner bring a spray can over to the engine. $89.99 for "fuel induction cleaning"? one spray? really?

i wanted a refund of $200.00. Shop manager kind of laughed and said i signed the estimate so i'm stuck with the bill.

He also charged $128.77 for labor to change the spark plugs plus $15.75 for each spark plug.

I don't like being ripped off.

I need your corporate management to investigate this franchise.

Please get back to me before i have to go further to get some of my money back.

My name is bartholomew raccuglia, royal palm beach florida

Desired outcome: $200.00 refund

S
4:02 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - services

I have had to have Meineke basically replace the same part 3 times now, between 8/2020 and 4/2022. The last service, I was told I needed to have additional work done, as it is the reason I keep having the same issue. For a second time, a compressor for my A/C went out...6 or 7 days past the 1 yr warranty. Had to pay for labor AGAIN, in addition to the other work done. Total $1685, only to have my A/C stop working within 4 days. The mgr at the Gilbert location was rude when I picked up my truck. And even more disrespectful when I had a minor accident in their parking lot. I submitted a ticket for Meineke to contact me on 4/30 and have yet to get a response! I don't want to return to the shop that did the last repairs due to the mgr's attitude but can't get anyone to call me back.

11:42 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - damage to vehicle and tried to hide it

Had my brakes repaired at Meineke at 842 N Nellis Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89110, United States over a perioi of 8 days in April 2022. Invoice 49818

Unknown to me my vehicle was damaged and they sent me away without telling me. They damaged the front wheel hub that retains the wheel oil as a result it leaked extensively. They caulked the cracked hub and hand made a gasket, both which leaked extensively. I called the manager and at first he lied and said it came in that way then later admitted that they had damaged it and tried to cover it up it. By this time I was miles away heading north to Canada. I had to stop every 50 miles and fill the oil. This was a very dangerous situation, had I not noticed the leak it could have over heated causing a fire while on the freeway. The manager was very aware that I had to travel 1200 miles to get home. I just want paid for my expenses to get home ($154.00). I wrote to Meineke corporate office with pictures, a complete explanation and an invoice and they returned my letter with no explanation. This was very nerve wracking and very dangerous.

Desired outcome: I just want paid for the oil to get home and postage and registration costs ($154.00)

View 0 more photos
M
5:50 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to meineke # 4075 on 5/3/22 for an oil change. The manager recommended that my valve cover seal be replaced along with the oil change. I went ahead and got the valve cover seal replaced per manager recommendation. After the car was done it was approximately 2 hours and the vehicle started to sputter like a cylinder was mis-firing. I would like to...

9:58 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took my car to store Meineke in Madison, TN. And was discriminated. The manager, Robby Brogdon. He took two coupons from the white female before me. And it clearly stated you can only use one coupon during the same service. But when I present my coupons, her refused to take them. I had three different coupons I could have used and he refused all three...

T
4:12 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Meineke Car Care Center - Oil change quote overcharged coupon redemption services stated not provided

On April 11,2022 I had a 1pm appt at store #2009 Prior to arrival I selected offers i qualified for $10.00 off synthetic blend oil change on your website delivery option I selected text received link when I arrived I gave Ryan my car and my information as I had been there many times he asked if I wanted basic I said whatever I normally do on this vehicle which was in the vehicle history there synthetic blend for 2016 Chrysler 200S 6 qts are required I asked the price he quoted $57.95 I showed him my online coupon He said I have to print it off he can't accept it he can't print it off he can't scan the barcode When I paid he charged me $83.77 I asked why so much He said my car needs 6 quarts so charged extra and they didn't have my filter in stock so had to go get one which also costs extra I asked about my tire rotation that comes free with oil change he said they don't do that anymore I asked about my 21 point inspection he said they text or email result I asked if found anything wrong or if could ask who worked on car He said he doesn't know if anything wrong or who worked on my vehicle he said that's why my email and phone number needs to be correct He never asked for any email and when I tried to update my phone number he ignored me he was very rude unprofessional had he told me that my oil change was going to be almost $90.00 instead of $47.95 had he not refused the coupon on your website I would have left and not had my oil changed there I told him that this had never happened before the price quoted was the amount charged I advised I was a rewards member I didn't know it included towing and had a tow bill he said he didn't know anything about it call them I asked for phone number he said he didn't know I have used your services for years After this extremely rude dismissive misquoted refusal to accept coupon treatment I received I will never use Meinike again for anything not to mention paying $90.00 for a simple oil change and I didn't even get the included free services with oil change

Desired outcome: Ryan removed from customer contact retrained reimbursed amount overcharged tires rotated results of inspection

K
10:23 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - Brake services

On February 10, 2022 I went into a scheduled appointment at Meineke to have my brakes serviced and oil changed in my vehicle. The following week I heard the brake squeaking so I called the service center to report it and scheduled to come back in to have the fix the situation. On February 23, 2022 I was able to return back to the center due to availability and work. On that date I was told the incorrect parts were used which caused the sound. They asked me to return back the following week because they had to order the parts. I returned back on March 3,2022 I also had a brake light on my dashboard come on as well as an engine light. I have returned several times only to be met with excuses. After the brakes were repaired they began to squeak again. I am going to go to Jaguar to get and consultation on what was done.

Desired outcome: Refund and repair.

11:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On friday, april 1st I went to discuss the diagnostics and repair of my car, the repair shop craig was there speaking with another customer and they were having a lengthy conversation about personal matters not pertaining to the customers repair. Then I asked if he could get me my car because I was in a hurry and I was going to take my car home and bring it...

S
4:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I left my car in to have the front wheel bearings replaced on Saturday 03/19/22. When I went to pick it up, I immediately heard an awful grinding noise. So I turned around and brought it back. Turns out the grinding noise was a faulty wheel bearing they had installed on the driver's side. Not only that, but the faulty bearing had bent my axle...

A
10:48 pm

Meineke Car Care Center - Unethical Service

I dropped my vehicle off at Meineke on 4430 N. Decatur Blvd, in North Las Vegas at 9:30 a.m. on 3/7/2022 My engine light was on, the employee at the desk said they would call me and let me know what the issue is. At 4:00 p.m. I called them because I did not get a call back from them, they said they were working on it right now. 6:30 pm, I call them, and I find out they are closed. I never got a phone call from them or anything. This is very unprofessional and frustrating, because now I have to take, they day off from work because my family on has one vehicle at the moment.

4:17 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I would like to complain about the store #1435 at 18795 West Bluemound Road, Brookfield, WI 53045. The mechanic Austin convinced me to get sway bar links installed here since Meineke offers LIFETIME GUARANTEE for $328.34. Within 10 months one of the sway bar link broke. I returned to them and Austin quoted $166.09 to replace. He's claiming that since...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They had my car for two months for a variety of problems and ended up causing a problem they could not diagnose or fix. They lied to me and said it was fixed and would not let me drive it before I paid for it. I ended up taking the car somewhere else and the new place ended up putting in the correct distributor and figured it out in less than one day...

Meineke Car Care Center contacts