Bsnl Bangalore / New broadband connection problems!

1 India Review updated:

I booked for new landline and broadband connection on 13.4.07; They told, new connection will take 7 days and after that I'll be getting broadband connection in another 7 days. I started following up after a week, initially, they were just giving me new numbers to contact, when went to kormangala and NGV exchanges, I got to know, files were not transferred. Then, I personally went to BSNL office where I booked the connection and got 2 contact numbers for further inquiry, then after 6 weeks I got new connection on 21st may 2007. Now I'm still trying to follow up for broadband connection. The contact number given to me, that person is replying very rudely, and saying it may take another 6 months. Not sure, whom to contact.

I can not go for Airtel also, as they don't have network in our area :(

Comments

• Ra
      13th of Jun, 2007

I have also applied for new phone connection and broadband. I am waiting from last fifteen days just to get information on the status of our application. Actually when we applied they said that it would take one week for phone and one month for broadband connection. We were ok with that but we are still waiting to get the phone connection. We have applied in RT nagar branch and the staff are behaving so irresponsibly that we are getting upset to go there. I think some training is badly needed for the staff to make them know that how to treat the customer.

Please take some action on this. If this continues many will move towards other services and the looser will be BSNL.

• Sr
      18th of Jun, 2007

I think this problem has been faced by many customers. I'd like you to take the necessary step to get us out from this problem. The employee who is doing the Newline booking is typing with one finger. She doesn't know how to work on the computer to get this i waiting for morethan 4.5hrs and God only knows how long we need to wait for this installation. I've applied in Indiranagar CSC on June 2nd, nearest Exchange is Vimanapura. I got 2 numbers both are ringing past 3 days nobody is responding. you respond to us properly as we are paying money. you are not doing it as a service.

Please take necessary steps to rectify at the earliest. If this kind of situation persists BSNL will loose their name... already it lost its MONOPOLY because of this kind of service.

Hoping to get some responses...

22nd of Jun, 2007

I have applied in Sahakra nagar branch and the staff are behaving so irresponsibly that we are getting upset to go there. I think some training is badly needed for the staff to make them know that how to.

I dont know whom to complain to. BSNL Bangalolre Sucks!

They give all the ### reasons for giving new connection.

Hope some one from BSNL Executives is reading this article, if so he will be ashamed of his job.

More over there is no coordination between their employees. They feel as though they are spending their OWN time for us. This is ridiculous ! They are here to serve the customers, if not i dont know why they exist.

We cannot go to service providers like AIRTEL... etc. They will really loote you with the bills.

I think these private players will add cosmetic charges to bill the customer heavily.

If this is the case no one can help the customers.

• Pr
      14th of Aug, 2007

I have applied for the Broadband connection but i have been told it would not be possible to provide the broad band connection as the locality of house is new extension near Bangalore university (visveswaraih 7 th phase ). I would like to know when (exactly after months or years ) it would be possible provide the service. I would also like to know is there any other options to get the internet connections with BSNL.

Could some one please assist. Thanks a lot in Advance.

• Kc
      17th of Aug, 2007

I booked for new landline and broadband connection on 13.3.07; They told, new connection will take 7 days and after that I'll be getting broadband connection in another 7 days. I started following up after a week, initially, they were just giving me new numbers to contact, when went to whitefield exchange, they reply in enquiry that ill only get the connection when the new server is installed they keep telling me the same for past these months at least tell me whether ill get it or not. The contact number given to me, that person is replying very rudely, and saying it may take another 6 months. Not sure, whom to contact.

I can not go for Airtel also, as they don't have network in our area :(

19th of Aug, 2007

Applied for BSNL fresh telephone connection in Jan2006, not yet got it

I booked for new landline on 18.01.06; They told, new connection will take 7 days. I started following up after a week, initially, they were just giving me new numbers to contact, when went to Whitefield and kundanahalli exchanges, but no progress. Then, I personally went to BSNL office where I booked the connection and got 2 contact numbers for further inquiry, then after 6 months and now after 1year i dont have the connection yet. Now I'm still trying to follow up for Telephone connection. The contact number given to me, that person is replying very rudely, and saying it may take another 6 months. Not sure, whom to contact.

29th of Aug, 2007

All those feudal / careless / un-professional / corrupt employees at BSNL should be ***SACKED*** and should appoint young trained professional to save BSNL's image.

Those guys sitting at BSNL generally behaves like customers are beggars, begging for services for FREE from their ancestral property !!!

and those line mans really want bribe to get things done!...

The BSNL line mans were lying me that I need to give money to them to get new cable to be purchased from outside shop, since BSNL doesn't have cable stock!!

Bloody nonsense guys.... Its more than 2months I applied for broadband... till now I didn't received any connection..

and those illiterate nonsense guys who picks inquiry blabbers like BSNL has to lay new exclusive cable from exchange to my home for broadband connection!

Those idiots want only money... and for that they gives 101 reasons.... but showing of their blunder knowledge base!!!

Shame on you guys at BSNL!!!

At least show some manners and work ethics to the money that you guys count and receive every month as salary and bribe....

Shame on you BSNL !!! Common man are dogs to hang around you people, because we are slaves to the bureaucrat's!!

• Ar
      28th of Sep, 2007

I have booked broadband connection last 3 months back and till date they giving some silly excuses
    every week Iam going to BSNl office to get the statys and they yet your username password is not created .

• Az
      17th of Oct, 2007

I have also applied for new phone connection and. I am waiting from last 30 days just to get information on the status of our application. Actually when we applied they said that it would take one week for phone connection. I'am ok with that but we are still waiting to get the phone connection. I have applied in Wilson Garden branch

Name: Azeem Khan
    Consumer No: 49112070

2nd of Nov, 2007

I have booked broadband connection last 2.5 months back and till date they giving some rubbish excuses every week I go to BSNL office to inquire about the status and discover that they are yet to create my username password. I've had horrible exp with BSNL.

• So
      5th of Nov, 2007

Hi,

I would like to book new BSNL - land line and broadband connection. Currently I am located near Marathahalli, Bangalore.

Could any one give me any Sales Rep No or office no for the same.

Many thanks in Advance!

Thanks,
    Som.

• Ni
      16th of Nov, 2007

I am going to file a complaint in Consumer court..
    i got my broadband adsl line on 5th of Oct. After 1 and half months I am yet to receive the Userid-pass. The Calcutta telephone customer service is pathetic.From last 10 days the automatic system is telling that every customer care officer is busy, please stay on line... SUX

Even here my exchange also says its all fault of Bangalore exchange, because they create the userIDs. This is very shameful for Bangalore , being such a Tech City the service is pathetic and worst in the world.

• Na
      19th of Nov, 2007

I am applied for BSNL landline + broadband connection on March 31 2007. Got Landline connection after 2 months in June but still I have not got the broadband connection. Waiting since 7 months!

• Po
      17th of Dec, 2007

We have taken the broadband connection paying them bribes to each and every person who comes to instal things. A number was left by the person who installed the modem and the new net connection. There is a burnt smell coming out of it whenever we use. There is no response from the person till date as it is temporarily disconnected. When we tried to place complain on 1500 and 9400024365(call Ccentres!!) it says invalid entry and they just hangup. Is this what is called a SERVICE! WILL SOMEBODY TAKE NOTICE AND HELP US BEFORE IT GETS BURNT COMPLETELY? our BSNL landline # is 080 25553413

• Ka
      18th of Jan, 2008

the servise they give at bsnl is so poor and horrifying same case here as i also applied for landline and broadband
    but till now only land line was installed, and the worrying
    thing is that the lineman demanded bribe and insisted that we need to pay bribe come what may
    now i am chacing the the lineman for broadband connection
    bribe only bribe they want and they want only money
    money money

with so many changes like right to information act and
    consumer grievance bribe and looting culture of the bsnl no government can change and no body can dare to change as
    the mafia rule and bribe rule are luring the common subscribers and taking the system head on....

god only know when this hell fallen bsnl will put things in order
    with such a dirty lines men attitude.......................

• Yu
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I agree...only their ads promise the world..but the reality is totally different...I have applied for a new telephone connection in October 2007, and am still waiting (its alsmost end of January 2008) !!! Its just that I dont want to go in for Reliance or Tata (their billing is disgusting!)...so I am bearing with this ### from BSNL...I think BSNL needs some hard task master like Lalu at their helm to get their acts straight.

• Ar
      25th of Mar, 2008

every time sytem when we restart, internet is not connected
    it is asking for confirmatin codes
    like user id /password/ area code /circle etc.

• Vi
      1st of Apr, 2008

This BSNL service is the worst. I just cannot get one issue resolved. If anyone knows the BSNL head officer in Bangalore or Jayanagar area, please let me know (phone numbers or email id's will do). I want to escalete it to the top most and if nothing happens, I will go for some other connection. Thanks.

1st of Apr, 2008

i booked broadband connection on 17th march.they told i will get land line connection withen 7 days and broadband connection withen 20 days.but still i did't get my land line connection.

• Ti
      2nd of May, 2008

I don't understand what is the use of posting our frustration stories about BSNL's service when there is no one to hear our voice or assist us.. when I read the story from top to bottom I realized i'm not the only one who is unhappy. Yes truth is BSNL is 'pakka' govt organization.. don't expect anything good from these guys.. I got the connection on 28th April & before that I received the bill of 500/- dated 14th april.. not sure what to do now.. & when I asked the fellow when I will get the broadband connection they gave very vague answer after 10th May (means next.. next.. next yr.. or never.. ).. BSNL service has reached its nadir ...Cheers!! to BSNL