Menu
Maple Call
reviews & complaints

Maple Call
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

112 complaints
29 resolved 83 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Maple Call customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Maple Call. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
5:21 pm EST

Maple Call - long distance phone calls provider

I am a former Blue tone customer and without any consent I became Maple call customer.First email from them was in April 2019, when I answered them that I don't want their services.After 1.7 years ( Nov 2020) they sent me emails telling I have to pay $ 319( 69 in phone calls, and late fees + other charges the difference) I asked invoices, they sent it and some numbers I don't recognize at all. The total amount for effective calls =$7.09.There is no HST# on the invoices.
They were sending emails, threatening with Collection agencies, if I don't pay in 30 days.I blocked them, so I don't have any emails now.Waiting for Collection agencies to contact me! Could anyone stop those guys?.Every thing is fake, including their invoices.Somehow, like all of you, they have our information. I have filed a complaint on line to Canada Fraud Agency([protected]).I have all emails, I can anytime sending them at your request!
GC

1 comment
N
Dec 30, 2020 1:21 pm EST

I have the same situation. I used to be a bluetone account holder and I didnt know they closed and I was trying to pay my last bill which was around $45 and I sent a cheque and it returned so I tried looking for them and their website but to no avail and I have been getting voicemessages from this Maple call and now said I owe them $419. Ridiculous. This company is fraudulent and trying to scam old bluetone customers and overcharging bills. Where we report them now that I know I am not the only one they are scamming.

12:14 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Maple Call Inc. obtained my information from another company (BlueTone inc) that I used to make long distance phone calls without my consent and did not provide me with any information about their rates and fees that would be charged to me and their policies. On January 30, 2019, I received an email from them stating that my company is closed and they are...

G
10:31 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Like many others here, I was a NECC customer for years. My last bill payed to NECC was on December 5th, 2018. On 01/09/2019 I got an invoice from Maple Call of $32.54, which also says in on Remittance Section :"DO NOT PAY". I managed to get in touch with that close to that date and requested than to tell me who were they. They said they took over from NECC...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was a customer of NECC Telecom. When I went on their website to pay my bill of $26.41, in early Jan. 2019, the company website was down and phones were out of service. Then I start receiving invoices from Maple Call with Account #[protected], which I have never heard of or signed any contract/agreement with, requesting to pay them the balance I owed to NECC...

L
7:58 pm EST

Maple Call - No contract/ongoing billing

Dear Complaints Board,
I had a 0.18 CAD charge in Dec-2018 from NECC Telecom, which was transferred, I don't know how, to Maple Call in Jan-2019 (Account no [protected]). In Feb-2019, I received a bill for 9.18 from Maple Call, which I paid by money order on 02-MAR-2019, together with sending a note highlighting that I don't have a contract with Maple call, I don't want one, and that I won't pay any other bills (I have a copy of the money order and note). Despite this, I kept receiving bills every month, with added charges. On 12-NOV-2020, I received an e-mail saying I owe them 295.55 CAD and that they will refer me to a collection agency. Please advise.

5:28 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have received many invoices from Maple Call - a company I have never heard of and would have never authorized as my long distance provider. I am with Bell Canada. Somehow they received my personal information, and have been trying to extort $81.17 from me for long distance calls. I returned each invoice with a note explaining that I am not a customer and...

K
9:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The worst company I have ever seen. I canceled their service a year ago back in april, I overpaid and was waiting for the refund but obviously they kept excusing themselves, I though, whatever, they can keep it. I haven't heard from them for a year. Then they send me the invoice stating that I owe them money. I was so surprised and called the customer...

T
11:47 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We were a Blue Tone customer for years and paid the bills online once every two months (the bill was usually $50 for 2 months use) In January of last year (2019) we received a bill from Maple Call right after we made our payment to Blue Tone. Our Account # and phone number were the same, only the logo was changed. We assumed the same company assumed...

Z
6:14 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Zygmunt Wardzinski and my account ID # [protected]. My last invoice was December 17, 2019 for the amount of $ 5.22 from which $ 5.13 is for late fee. I was late with payment last time, by one day and I called your customer service. How I can be charged late fee if this was explained during my conversation with your customer representative. Hope you...

O
12:54 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband made several calls in late December without knowing that Maple Call took over NECC. The call prices were significantly higher than of NECC. They sent a bill with the extra charge. I called them asking to reverse this charge and they did it, but it was done without crediting GST and QST (Canadian Federal and Quebec sales taxes) previously charged...

7:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi everyone, Please be very careful with this company because they are very vicious. I'm not sure how, now days something like this still happens. They will harass you until you get fed up and either call the police or hire someone to defend you. It never stops. I personally called them and I asked the person on the other side why am I being charged with...

N
3:11 pm EDT

Maple Call - long distance service

I never signed up with them and I keep receiving bills from them. They got my information from Pulse company and keep sending me bills. I called them as soon as I received the first bill they apologized for taking my info without my permission and insured me that I will not get invoices anymore. Now they keep sending invoice and when I call them and tell them to show me proof that I signed up with them they say I am not obligated to show you that.
If this does not get resolved I will take them to court.

8:59 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We were customers of Pulse Telecom for quite a few years. In January we received a statement from Maple Call Inc, instead of Pulse Telecom, with the list of our long distance calls in the month od December, but the price per minute was like 5 times bigger than with Pulse Telecom. Instead of $10-$15 as we used to have, our new statement was around $75. We...

P
3:17 pm EDT

Maple Call - random bill

So a few months I received a random bill from Maple Call
I haven't used them in really long time so I don't know where it's coming from. It was around 9$. I googled and saw that people were saying to ignore it. So I ignored it. But ever since I've been getting a new bill each month with increasing price and now I'm up to 81$...i am at lost and I don't knoe what to do. I do not want to pay this bill

J
10:23 pm EDT

Maple Call - long distance calls never used

Each month I get this bill I owe it starded by 10$ now I didnt pay and I owe 82.28 I never used this company I used to be with telecom and I cancelled my service with them as they overcharged me i try to call them line is always busy how to get rid of this company every month the bill goes higher could someone tell me how to get rid of this comany I never used there service? marek Gorecki

7:14 pm EDT

Maple Call - phone calls belling

I received bill of $20 from Maple call last Feb, 2019, i never heard of this company . I tried to contact them via the phone number they provide on the bill, as there was no web page at that time. i called them many times with no answer. most of the time put me on hold for an hour if not more then the call drope down.
i failed to contact them. so i igrone it . then again another bill was sent to me last March 2019 with more charges and fees has no idea where it come from. called them, several calls was failed, then after few days fo calling finally someone answered. I asked him: why I'm receiving bills from unknow company to me and and i never signed up with you! he said they bought NECC company and took over all customer. i asked him i paid my last bill to NECC i switch from NECC to Telus for long distance. he said to me that we took your long distance over Maple, i told him they have no right without my approval. he told me you must pay the bill and the call was hanged over, now every month i receive bill with more money added as service and fees and late charges increase every month. .. from my land line i dialed
[protected] it tells me welcome to telus long distance distance.
this is illegal what Maple calls doing. and i want them to stop sending me bills while i have nothing to do with them.
my long distance provider TELUS.
today i recieved bill with almost $100 of fees and service plus late charges.
thanks
Moussa

R
1:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day, We were with NECC and then we were receiving invoices from Maple Call. Never heard or never asked me for my authorization to transfer account. I have called them, I have returned the invoices with notes that I did asked them to be our Long distance service provider. They keep harazing my mom and me. This is enough. I have no contract or never I agreed to accept them as our provider. PLEASE HAVE THEM STOP calling us.

H
11:05 pm EDT

Maple Call - invoice keeps coming as never used this company

Hello,
I never use Maple call.I use to used NECC as my long distance company I keep getting invoices every month as i am not using this company to make any calls every month they charge me ($15) when i called them they said i need to pay I am not going to pay anything no only that they took my credit card information from NECC once i came to know i have to canceled my credit card.

I need to be stopped getting invoices every month Please so not send me any invoice as i am not at all using Maple call.

P
12:43 pm EDT

Maple Call - telecommunications

I've been an NECC customer for 2years. Ever since they went bankrupt Maple call has been sending me random invoices. I've payed all my NECC bills on time and was never notified of their bankruptcy. I never did sign or agree to join Maple Call. Their bills come in the mail and they are already 1-2 weeks past their due date. I've been contacting them to close my account, but each time they state I owe them money. My last bill came in June 12th and the due date is June 2nd. I am tired of their games, and illegitimate practices. I never agreed to be their customer and was not given any notification of being one. Furthermore how can an invoice arrive in the mail and already be 1-2weeks past the due date? I just want to be removed and have my so called account with them closed. My account number is 341459

2 comments
Jul 29, 2019 5:09 pm EDT

@har22 @PLanger

Contact the CCTS - they will handle it for you.

H
Jun 14, 2019 11:08 pm EDT

i have the same experience..i never use this company and invoice keeps coming i have always use NECC infact they keep charging me every month

C
9:09 pm EDT

Maple Call - received a call about a balance on an invoice with maple call that I never heard of

I received a voice message on May 31, 2019, from a customer representative named Remus on behalf of Maple Call about a balance of an invoice. I called back on June 3rd and spoke to another customer representative explaining that we do not know any Maple call company and we never had an agreement with them. They said that Blutone company we had our international calls before went out of business and they took over. I told him that we found out about it because suddenly we had to pay through Fido, our local provider, a lot of money for the international calls. The guy went on and on saying that we have 123$ balance to pay.
I can't understand how is this possible here in Canada to be scammed like this? Why is our confidential information used by a company that we never spoke to nor agreed to do business with? If anyone from Maple Call reads this please stop harassing people!If you take over a company the first thing to do is to call every customer and make sure they want to do business with you!

Maple Call contacts