Bookit.com / bait and switch.. bad customer service

1 United States

I will make this very simple and easy to read.

Was looking for rooms in vegas, found a great deal at booking.com 4 nights 550.00, saw bookit had a package deal that included a free daybed at the pool and some other small perks.

I saw on bookit they had “best rate” guarantee!, so I called them told them which site I found it at, the agents said I met all the criteria (Hidden criteria mind you not post anywhere on their website), she took a screen shot and said that I can book this deal not at 690.00 and once the price match department reviews it they will contact me within 24 hours and refund my difference. Since bookit has a cancel charge for 20.00 I requested it be waived if they can’t match the price, which was noted to my case.
Next day no call or email, so not wanting to get things moving I called bookit, waiting on hold 20 minutes, finally was told “booking.com is an overseas company, bookit will not honor any price match”. As you can image this really ticked me off, I asked the agent to point me to the t price match guidelines on their website but nope nada nothing! There isn’t even an asterisk suggesting there might be other guidelines or criteria needed. The agent took more time trying to prove me wrong than trying to help me. After four request and 45 minutes debating this fact with the woman she finally buckled and got a supervisor. The supervisor did a better job at trying to make me a happy customer but still refused to honor the guarantee they have blasted all over their website.

The real kick in the pants was thatbooking.com special was gone, so now I was out that money in the difference.

Bottom line is this company has hidden fees, will pull the bait and switch and then will not honor something they so proud claim they will guarantee.

My suggestion stick with companies that you know will provide you good customer service.

Tv