Bell Mobility / overcharged

Bell Mobility
Today I received a bill from Bell Mobility for a cell phone # & account that I canceled 1.5 months ago. The bill is for $60.00 - so I called customer service. I am aware there is a cancellation fee, but also a bill on top of the $100.00 cancellation fee? I talked to a rep who told me about 5 times that I signed a legal contract - she really stressed the word legal like maybe I didn't know what it meant. I said I didn't think it was fair that I also have to pay for a month where I had no service from Bell Mobility - of course she was very calm and made me feel like I was an idiot. I asked to talk to her supervisor and she said it is a waste of time because she will say the same thing. I said I would still like to. She put me on hold for a very long period of time and then came back on the line and said she had the supervisor on the line and do I still want to talk to her even though she told me she would say the same thing and I said yes. The supervisor came on and of course one of the first things she said to me (and repeated at least 2 or 3 more times) was that I signed a Legal contract. I said I know you can do whatever you want and she in plain words told me that if I was still a customer that they would help, but because I am with the competition now, they will not do anything at all for me - I stressed to her the fact that I was with the company for many many years, paid a crazy about of $ to them and that I was never late on a bill. She said it doesn't matter. The reps know that we basically can't do anything and that we are at their mercy. I told this rep supervisor that she is being added to my long list of reasons why I am leaving Bell Mobility - poor customer service and unfair charges. I really am frustrated with them and feel very bullied. Of course I will pay because I don't want my credit affected - they know that.

N  24th of Sep, 2011 by
you can get any fee or charges waived by asking to speak to CRA, even if they are valid usage charges. You may not get CRA if you ask for a supervisor, that might only get you a more experienced representative...just keep asking to escalate until you get to CRA to get anything waived. they can even send you out a free demo phone sometimes.

Bell Canada Logo Bell Canada
Customer Care Service
The Office of the Bell Privacy Ombudsman, 160 Elgin St.
Canada - ONK2P 2C4