Consumer Cellular Logo

Consumer Cellular

Having problems with Consumer Cellular?

Consumer Cellular Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Consumer Cellular Customer Service. Initial Consumer Cellular complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Consumer Cellular above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Consumer Cellular. Discuss the issues you have had with Consumer Cellular and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Consumer CellularCustomer Sevice

I had recently experienced intermittent service with my 2 cell phones and requested last week that the servicing towers be changed. I was to receive 2 new SIM cards after which I would call in to CC for their activation. Today my cellphone went dead and when I called in to CC I was told that the new SIM card which had NOT YET BEEN RECEIVED, had been activated and that the SIM card presently in my phone was no longer functional. An error had happened at your end. I am now without personal telephone coverage and your CC representative suggested that I travel 15 miles to a Target store to buy a new SIM card. My wife and I live in a rural area and are over 80 years old, and do not wish to expose ourselves because of the Covid virus. Since the reason for the service stoppage was because of a fault at your end, we wish you to resolve this matter without putting us at risk. For example, can you have the new SIM card delivered to our front door? If not, with the current postal delays, we may not see the new SIM card for several days to a week-not acceptable. Murray F. Feller, [protected]

Dec 09, 2020

Consumer Cellular — Damaged my phone

Ladies and gentlemen of Consumer Cellular. I have been your consumer for several years. Until yesterday I wa...

Consumer CellularSupport

I called on behalf of elderly friend to inquire why a complete data transfer wasn't done in house and user was instructed to 'keep phones together' until transfer is complete. No configuration was done and new cell went into sleep thus terminating transfer. So-called customer service about as helpful & rude as k-mart staff. Avoid this carrier!! This 'customer' would either go without all pics or paying a tech in completing data transfer & configuration.
    This company is simply take the money and kick people out the door

Consumer CelluarService and support

This company advertises 5 bars signal all over the us but if you come to wi you only get 2 bars. When you have a signal or reception issue they always want to blame the sim card they sent. If they sent a t mobile they say t mobile is bad and you should have an att sim card but if you have an att sim they tell you to use t mobile as att is bad. If that does not work they want you to master reset the phone which does nothing for the service but only resets the phone. I think the problem with consumer cellular is they have oversold the network and now are not able to provide the service that they advertise. I was on the phone with a support rep and she put me on hold, we got disconnected and she never called back. I did not call back as over the past week I have spent more than 3 hours on hold trying to get support/service. Needles to say I am looking into other cell phone providers and would never suggest someone try consumer cellular.

Consumer CellularAccessing my account to change password to get help with a problem with my cell phone

consumer cellular agent Joseph C will not help me get access to my account by changing my password which i have long forgotten over the years i gave him other info requested then he wanted to have me fax my drives lic. then it would take three or more days to verify my account this total stupid and aggravating asking so much info over kill esp. when i gave him all the right acct info i need help with a problem with my phone a simple battery is what i need and making jump thru hoops is totally aggravating esp when i proved we have an account. i will cancel my account when i find another cell provider and i strongly suggest that people not use consumer cellular and i will tell everyone i know not to use consumer cellular for there provider

Consumer CellularBilling for service I never received

I tryed to get service thru consumer cellular I tried my phone with no results, I ordered a phone from cc august 8th 2020 it was shipped to me, on august 14th, 2020 I sent phone back, I couid not get a signal so I could not call or text anyone, so now their billing me for a month of service I did not use. I turned cc into bbb. I feel I do not owe the phone bill of $21.15 plus $5.00 late fee. My account #105293214at cc. My email is [protected]@yahoo.com my phone # [protected] my address is 3534 nash dr, jackson, michigan 49201 it is best to email me or by mail thank you norma cox

Consumer CellularBilling Issue

I terminated service with Consumer Cellular on Sept. 1, 2020. Later that month a received a final bill in the amount of $385.87. The statement said that they could not deduct it from my Citi card as the usual payments were made. I sent them a check for the full amount which they cashed on 10-14-2020. In the meantime they also charged my card (which they said they couldn't do). I contacted them about [protected], and they said they would post a credit to my credit card no later than 11-3. Check with my credit card and still no credit posted. Had several earlier billing issues with them. A terrible company to do business with.

Oct 24, 2020

Consumer Cellular — Refuses to accept return of iphone 11pro.

The company I'm complaining about is Consumer Cellular, account #[protected] in the name of Nancy...

Oct 16, 2020

Consumer Cellular — Ordered new phones iphone xr and a (returned) iphone 11 pro.

We ordered two new phones from Consumer Cellular on their extended pay program. One was an iPhone XR and the...

Consumer CellularMy refund

I signed up for consumer cellular on line and purchased a phone, after I did they said the credit did not go thru, and I was told I would get a refund which I havent, I have called 3 times trying to get some infromation, and keep getting the same old song and dance from each person, they are crooks and should be put out of business, look at other reviews, 80 percent has given them one star, todays date is oct 10th and this happened 3 weeks ago and im still waiting on my refund

Consumer CellularCustomer service

Switched from AT&T. Had to buy new flip phone from Consumer Cellular. New flip phone's input screen would repeatedly freeze and had to reset by removing battery. Switching additional Samsung Galaxy phone took a month and now can not send or receive messages with pictures. If you are using online chat to try resolve problem and it hits 8PM EST they just say goodbye without problem resolved. Their advertisement of being number one in customer service does not match my experience.

Consumer CellularSamsung a10e x2 for 5g

I spoke to a representative on thursday october 1st. The rep said that they have 5g phones in stock. I got lied to. This isn't the first time that consumer cellular has done this. First time was equaling over $2,000... I am so upset with them right now I could cry. I say if you want something done, make sure you do your home work and not rely on someone else to do it for you.

Consumer CellularUpgrading phone activation

We received message from CC that it would be necessary to upgrade our phones because 3G service would soon be replaced. We purchased phone from CC and the instructions claim simple activation. NOT TRUE. Was told activation would take 2 to 24 hrs. After 24 hrs. and still no service I called them again from my other phone. As we were talking, she said she found the problem and then the phone I was using was deactivated. Have 2 phones and neither of them working. So had to go online and do the chat thing. This representative was very helpful and after about 45 minutes our service was restored. The next day we noticed that our original phone, the one not replaced, could send texts but no longer receive them. The solution given resulted in our losing our contacts on the phone and pictures. This all happened because we purchased a replacement phone. Do not believe their simple activation claim!

• Fu
                        Fugeman Dec 04, 2020

I agree they made me upgrade to the 4g network and works worse then the 3g network. I had to buy a new phone also. Will never upgrade again!!!

Aug 24, 2020

Consumer Cellular — Customer service

I recently purchased a phone a little over a month ago from Consumer Cellular (CC) because the phone I had...

Consumer CellularPoor customer service

I attempted to get support via chat snd voice 8x in the last week without success. We were hit with s storm that devastated the state. We have been without power and communications for a week. The cell us our only lifeline snd I needed to use the hotspot feature again. Every time i need this feature, I'm forced to call CC and can never get through. I am so upset snd frustrated I am going to look for an alternate solution. CC support us NO help, website help stinks. Maybe if CC spent more $ on support for customers snd less on TV ads, things might improve. For me, I'm too upset to give you one more chance. You're not there when needed.

Consumer Cellularzte avid 559

I have so much trouble with consumer cellular. Advertising does not do what it says. It is suppose to help the senior citizens, but it does not. I brought two ZTE Avid 559 phones, sent one back because it had external problems and would not work. Your employee told me to send it back and I did. they would not refund my money because they broke it and said I did

• Updated by Sandra McLaren · Jul 24, 2020

had internal problems and would not work. The second phone I bought was also a ZTE Avid 559 and non of you representative could set it up and told me to send it back. I am afraid to do that because they will not reimburse me.

• Na
                            Nancy Summers Crichton Oct 16, 2020

WE JUST ordered two replacement phones an iPhone XR and an iPhone 11 Pro. As seniors we found them too complex and only one was activated. We got labels to return and repackaged them up after resetting the XR which had been activated. Returned on [protected] and today 10-16-2020 they told me that there were scratches on the screens of both phones and they would be returning them to us and we would have to pay for them as “we caused the damage”! When we returned the phones they were in pristine condition and further I am not in the habit of damaging something and then try to return it. I can see from further research here that this is not an anomaly with them. Poor customer service for senior citizens that’s for sure!

Consumer CellularDoro phone

Consumer Cellular has refused to give me a refund. I beleive I orginally got the phone last June. I have had to have 3 rep[lacements since. Every Doro phone has locked up and nothing would keep it working. There was a warrenty put on each phone but now consumer cellular says they can not give me a refund because they only honor the ist phone warrenty. I tried to work with them. We went through all the proceedure to get the phones working so my reward is time has past and they now won't refund because the warrenty is past.

Consumer CellularDora cell phone

Called three times about my moms phone not working right, will not keep a charge and does not talk to her anymore. We purchased this phone in March, contacted consumer cellular end of May about the problem. Went through hard reset, factory reset, you name it with a representative which told me that if I continued to have problems to call back and they would send me another. This conversation took about an hour. Called today and after 1.5 hours I was told by a supervisor that a return call would come at 6pm, it is now 6:30 and still no call. My mom is 81, hard of hearing, and legally blind and cannot do what they ask by herself. All we want is a new phone as told by the representative!!

Consumer CellularInternational dialing.. Hit & miss... Lousy customer service..

One day international direct dialing to UK (England) works. Other times not many calls to 'customers service' same questions different answers, dropped call & no constant resolution.. Ask for tech support / supervisor... Never available.. This has been going on for over a year different answers each time I call without permanent resolution.. So much for aarp recommending this company.. Bottom line.. Incompetent customer service.. Get your act together.

Consumer CellularMy calls keep getting dropped.

People cant hear me sometimes and I cant hear them. All calls break up bad. I got a return call yesterday, the person couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear her. She finally hung up and didn't call back, now a day later I am waiting for a call I scheduled and no call.
                                If this is not resolved today. I will drop your service and go else where.
                                I can not conduct business this way!!!