Bell Mobility / extortion
When we signed my son on student plan with Bell Mobility, we thought the plan was simple, easy to understand, we could control the costs. However, the phone options are continually be updated. We NO longer have control of what is being charged to us.
Below is how we have been exploited*_
My 16 year old son used his mobile browser feature, which he thought was free, to play a game using his PC through the internet. His plan has unlimited browser usage for games etc..
For my approximately 18* hours of internet play, we received a bill of approximately $6,000 + GST. If he played this same game using our PC internet service, it would have been* free.
Bell Mobility explained he went outside their network when he did this. However, we would never have realised this fact, when reading their browser option features. Secondly, because their price structure is in* MB used, one can never tell what one is paying,for this internet service*.*
For one 35 minute game session, our bill was approximately $1900 - More than $1900 per Hour.
We were so stressed out with the incident. Understanding we can never fight a huge company like Bell, we agreed to sign up for another Cell plan , where our overall cost is now reduced to approximately $1700. ( $*550 usage fee plus an extra $100 per month for 12 months on the new plan).
We asked for Bell to* set up a credit limit on our account, so we are protected from future surprises*, but they said NO.
More Bell Mobility Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - billing on all my services
- Bell Canada - bell tv
- Bell Canada - bell internet services
- Bell Canada - unethical behavior, misleading information!
- Bell Canada - bell satellite service