Bell Canada / misreprestation

1 P.O.Box 8712, H3C 3P6Montreal, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1 800 477 9205

On April 8, 2008 a Bell telemarketer called me at home to offer me 3 months of free phone service and 5 cents long distant any time minute to North America and Hong Kong. After 3 months my phone bill would be $17.95 per month, after one year my phone bill would be $22.95 per month if I agreed to return to Bell. I accepted his offer and agreed to have the Bell technician to come in on April 17, 2008 to reconnect to the Bell line in my home. He assigned a confirmation #[protected] to this conversation.
My first phone bill received on May 12 was $126.21, with $ 65.51 for 302 long distant minutes. After numerous phone calls to Bell and talked to five different staff in two occasions, finally on June 5 someone by the name of Marg agreed to assign an investigation into this issue and provided me with an investigation #5493893 and promised a report in five days. On June16, a message left on my home phone to inform me that I was not qualify for the three months free service because I only have one feature on my phone, I need to have at least three features to qualify for the three months free service. I am really disappointed to hear this message and admired Bell's inovative way to trick customers into their trap. At this moment I feel helplless in terms of getting Bell to honour their offer and committment. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Comments

• Sh
      18th of Oct, 2008

Hi,

Bell is horrible in this area. I am not a Rogers fan. But they offer exactly what they promise. In Bell, the person who talk to you will have no idea what was promised to you. In rogers, if you call them any time, they will know what promotion you are under, so it is easy to solve an issue if there is one. Also, if you dont like rogers you can break the deal as there is no contract.

I made a hugs mistake by signing a contract with Bell. Every week I fight with them to get some thing solved and it never happens.

I am sorry, there is no solution to it. I am thinking of taking mine to my local MP, if nothing is solved in teh end of the month.

That's all I can think of.

Regards,