Bell Canada / harrasing phone calls about overdue bill

1 Cornwall, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Is there NOT a limit to how often a bill collector can call you per day ?
I am always one bill behind with my Bell home/internet but I pay every two weeks when I get paid.
NOW my problem is they CALL me up to 18 times PER DAY, 7 days a week, starting at 9 am and ending at 9 pm.
IS THIS LEGAL??

Comments

• Bo
      21st of Dec, 2010

I am so glad I found you. I am not glad about what you are going through. I too just last week was harassed by Bell's Collection Agency at the rate of 12 phone calls per day. I even disconnected my cable and they still kept calling and saying they wanted the money I owed which was only 140.00 and refused to make payment arrangements with me for it. They kept saying they were going to cut my cable off even when I told them I had it disconnected. I contacted Bell several times and they said that they could not help me. The collection agency said that Bell did not tell them what to do and they wanted their money. I got into a screaming arguement after phone call #12 and said some ugly and nasty things. I told him if he did not stop calling that I was going to cancel the internet and phone and that I was going to rip the wires out of the wall. He said he was going to keep calling until I paid the money. My phone has been unplugged and my answering machine off since then. I put a complaint in with the CRTC. I don't know what else to do. Bell says they can't do anything, one Bell employee told me not to go back to Bell TV and that I did the right thing in swearing at the Collections guy. This is all so confusing. One says one thing and one says another. Bell told me 2 days before that my service was fine and a tech had been at my home. 2 days later I get a disconnection notice. I will not pay for the stress they caused me and I will never have cable with them again. Good luck with your problem.