Bell Canada / unjustified disconnection
I live in Montreal, Quebec. On November 27, 2006, I received a bill from Bell Canada for $208. These were current charges that had only been accumulated within the past month. The bill did not involve an old debt. On December 1, 2006, I paid $200 over the phone via the Royal Bank of Canada and was given a confirmation number.
On December 4, 2006, my phone was suddenly cut off. When I called Bell Canada, I was given the runaround and eventually told that bank payments weren't processed immediately, that they didn't want my confirmation number and that I not only had to get my boss to pay the $200 (again) with his credit card but that there would be a $150 reconnection fee.
In the past, a bank confirmation number has always been sufficient to prove payment. This is Bell's error and a reconnection charge certainly isn't justified, on top of all the inconvenience of running back and forth to phone booths for a day until my phone was reconnected.
More Bell Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - receiving 8 to 10 calls a day from bell in malina.
- Bell Canada - cable/phone/internet 
- Bell Canada - tech support residential internet
- Bell Canada - false and misleading representations 
- Bell Canada - home phone service