Assurant Solutions Logo

Assurant Solutions

Having problems with Assurant Solutions?

1800 550 2827 (Canada, Kingston, ON)
+1 800 852 2244 (Customer Service)
+1 305 253 2244 (Head Office)
+1 888 901 6377 (Life Claims)
+1 800 432 8612 (Renters Insurance Information)
+1 613 634 9984 (Canada, Kingston, ON)
+1 416 733 3360 (Canada, Toronto)
+49 696 657 580 (Germany)
+54 114 121 8666 (Argentina)
+1 787 250 6470 (Puerto Rico)
11222 Quail Roost Drive

Lyoner Strasse 15, Tower B, 7th Floor, D-60528 Franfurt am Main

Italy
Piazzale Luigi Cadorna, 4, 20123, Milan, Italy

Spain
Avenida de Europa, 19, Edif. 2, Pl. 2, Mod. C, 28224 Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid), Spain

China
Suite 2008, Building A, Ocean International Centre № 56, 4th East Ring (Middle) Road, Chaoyang, District, 100025, Beijing, China

Argentina
Ing. Enrique Butty 240 Piso 15, Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina, C1001AFB

Brazil
Alameda Rio Negro, 585, Edificio Demini - 3 andar, Alphaville, 06454-000 - Barueri, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Chile

Puerto Rico
350 Carlos Chardón Avenue, Suite 1101, San Juan, PR. 00918

Complaints & Reviews

Extended auto warranty

This company does not want to comply with their warranty coverage. My Ford dealership has had my vehicle for 2 1/2 months waiting for approval to complete the repairs. Every time the warranty company asks for more info. This company sent an actual claims adjuster to the dealership, then instead of acting on his recommendation, they have continued to jerk me around stating they need more info. If you do not trust the recommendation of your adjusters, why do you have them? My belief is that they are stalling because they do not want to pay for the needed repairs. I have phoned multiple times to check my claim and the response I get is to have my repair facility contact them. I have received several calls from my repair facility asking me to contact the warranty company because they are not getting any response from them. This claim was filed 3/27/2020. client #WAVMPJ19

Dryer

We have been having trouble with the electric dryer since we moved in 08/08/18. The dryer would heat up, but would not turn itself off and the temperature inside the laundry room would reach 100 degrees. We tried to make do with this unhealthy process, but after a couple of months it became unbearable.We called Assurant since we have an extended warranty with them. After a couple of weeks a Sears truck came with a technician. He pulled the dryer out and checked the back of the unit. He showed me the exhaust ducting was completely loose from the unit, and all the heat was blowing into the laundry room, causing overheating. But he could not fix it because he only worked on the unit, not the exhaust ducting. He told me to call the builder to fix the exhaust ducting. We called Craftmark and a technician came by in a couple of weeks. He looked at the unit and said he would have to order parts. In a couple of weeks the parts came in and the tech installed the exhaust ducting. This did not fix the problem, and we called assurant. The tech came and replaced the heating element. The unit still does not function properly--turns off after five minutes. Called assurant for the fourth time--to come Monday.

We have not had a functioning dryer in the past 16 months. This is unacceptable. Could we please have a replacement unit as soon as
possible?

(Frank T. Hines, 6105 Olivet Drive, Alexandria VA 22315) P: 703.493.9500

Extended car warranty

Same issue here. Had an engine that needed to be replaced due to low oil, which I never had a check engine light or oil light, the car just stopped running while driving. I had all my receipts for getting it serviced, had purchased the platinum plan that covered the engine and they still denied the claim. I was advised by them to send in a dispute letter, which I did through an attorney no less and they still didn't respond to that. This company should be out of business.

Phone insurance

I order a replacement phone from assurant on 7/27/19 and paid a 100$ deductible at the time of purchase 8/8/19. When I finally received thru error of the assurant on 8/13/19 warehouse a phone that was not able to be activated due to this tremendous error the replacement was asked to ship the brand new non-working phone back and wait for it to arrive to be shipped another replacement. So almost a month later I've still not received a working phone and still have to pay a phone bill for a phone I've used for all of 1 day and numerous supervisor at assurant gave me inaccurate details about and information about the replacement of my replacement which has been one of the worst customer service experiences I've had in my entire life.

Manager

So the guy on the recorded line was very rude. I showed nothing but respect. He had already talked to my brother on the phine and they got in to an argument. So i guess he was upset. But he never asked if i needed anymore help with anything or any other solutions to my problems. He simply hung up on me. Are these the type of managers you guys have doing customer service?

Assurant service contract

I bought the service contract in April and my dishwasher broke yesterday. I used the Chat option and then called to schedule a service appointment and was told twice that the policy did not cover physical damage on one hand and electrical malfunction (not what I asked about) on the other hand. My policy clearly states "functional" issues as to what is covered. Now they contest that.

Try to find an address to send a cancellation notice is unachievable. Try calling someone and getting an address and you end up at a different division. I want to cancel my policy and cannot find who to send the letter to.

Assurant is a typical insurer who doesn't want to pay and doesn't allow easy access to cancel within a 30-day window.

Warranty

We have had our samnsung dryer repaired now a total of 7 times. The service man says it can no longer be fixed (it is irreparable. We have a family of 4 and both our kids are in 2 different sports so we do a lot of laundry. We have had to miss work on every one of these "repair" times. The window is a 4- 5 hour window they give you that it will be there. We have missed hours of work, had to go to the laundry mat, spent money on the laundry mat and our time that has been wasted with the calls and no resolve. When we call they do not care and just continue to read a script repeating themselves. They refuse to allow you to talk to a supervisor stating "sorry there is not one at this time". The call is a call center in the philippines. The amount of stress, money and absolute inconvenience it has caused is absolutely terrible. They do not care and the dryer should have been replaced a long time ago. We need the madness to stop and someone to be held accountable for the warranty we paid for.

Debt collection

I was a victim of fraud, I allowed someone to file my taxes and the lady took my information and rented two apartments in my name. She ended up not paying the rent and even went to eviction court as me. When I contacted the people from the first rental property they told me the steps on how to get the debt removed from my credit. I did exactly what they told me and they have removed it with no problem. I have sufficient evidence that I have never lived in any of these places and can prove it. I contacted iq data to request a fraud packet from them. Micheal to me that they validated my debt and it would stay on my credit. I told him I was a victim of identity fraud he told me to take the person to court. I told him I wanted a fraud packet it's been 3 months of me calling back and forth. They keep telling me the fraud packet is in the mail. I call every two weeks and still have not received a fraud packet. These people want you to be accountable for debts that don't belong to you. If you have proof to prove you aren't the person you'll never get a fraud packet.

Rude representatives!!!

Hi, my name is crystal gallegos and I was calling to get some information on my debt with you. I had spoke with both jason and a manager by the name of rand. Both of these gentle men were very rude and not much at all. They both are very unprofessional and the worse part about all this is I reached out to them, no one I mean no one has contracted in this manner. If someone other then these two gentle would like to reach me I can be contacted at [protected], thanks.

• Updated by crystalG83 · Nov 30, 2017

Hi, my name is crystal Gallegos and I was calling to get some information on my debt with you. I had spoke with both Jason and a manager by the name of rand. Both of these gentle men were very rude and not much at all. They both are very unprofessional and the worse part about all this is I reached out to them, no one I mean no one has contracted in this manner. If someone other then these two gentle would like to reach me I can be contacted at 720-209-1745, thanks.

Product registration home appliances

www.assurantbuildercontracts.com
Sounds simple, register your product through assurant to get an extra 2 years worth of warranty service. Guess what, nearly impossible to do...
The website doesn't work and no one answers the 2 phone contacts listed. Even during normal business operations, i.e. 8a to 8p, there's a message that states "we are now closed, and then stating the hours they're open"...

Sounds like ge needs a different contractor for these sorts of issues. Sounds like i'll need to complain to some branch of the government specializing in business fraud...

This is straight from their web page
If you need assistance, simply call us at:
[protected] for service contract registration support
[protected] to schedule service
Our business hours are:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm est
Monday - sunday

Unethical behaviour

My name is christeen flemons, I am writing in an effort to receive some assistance from you. I am going to keep it short. I have a debt with iq data, I talked with shannon in aug/2017. She stated that I could settle my debt by paying $1400.00. That's the total she instructed me to pay. I advised her that I would save the money and call back with payment. I have a financial hardship that I am going through and a high risk pregnancy. I called in on 10-16-2017 and she instructed me sorry to late. She never told me that I had to pay that amount only in august. I keep calling in to make my payment of $1400.00 has advised my shannon and they wont accept my payment. I have talked with kris, jeremy, randy they have all misrepresented themselves. My account number is 8166825. Please help me in this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you.

God bless

Christeen flemons

• Updated by Marthamae · Oct 17, 2017

My name is Christeen Flemons, I am writing in an effort to receive some assistance from you. I am going to keep it short. I have a debt with IQ Data, I talked with Shannon in Aug/2017. She stated that I could settle my debt by paying $1400.00. That's the total she instructed me to pay. I advised her that I would save the money and call back with payment. I have a financial hardship that I am going through and a high risk pregnancy. I called in on 10-16-2017 and she instructed me sorry to late. She never told me that I had to pay that amount only in August. I keep calling in to make my payment of $1400.00 has advised my Shannon and they wont accept my payment. I have talked with Kris, Jeremy, Randy they have all misrepresented themselves. My account number is 8166825. Please help me in this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you.

God Bless

Christeen Flemons

Failure to honor 2 year 360 warranty with accidental damage

I purchased a surface pro 3 from amazon on 12 oct 2014. At the same time I purchased the 2 year extended plan with accidental damage coverage with assurant. (info attached) the info on the purchase page states "accidental damage starts day one; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires." I took this to mean that the accidental damage part starts october 2014 but the mechanical & electrical failures start after the manufactures warranty ends. Under 'terms & conditions' in their written contract (attached) there is this statement: "your plan will cover service repairs or replacement for the period of time you have selected that extends past the manufacturer's warranty. Many benefits start at date of purchase including power surge and food loss."

This sentence indicates that since I purchased a 2 year plan, my coverage would be 2 years after the manufacturer's warranty, which was one year.

When I attempted to file a complaint on line on sept 2, 2017, I was unable to log in due to an error (page attached), reset my password or live chat. I then called their customer service line [protected] and that is when I was told that while the contract reads that way, it really doesn't mean it covers 2 years after the manufacturer's warranty. Requested to speak to a supervisor but after holding for close to 20 minutes, a supervisor could not be reached. The customer service rep was very polite and sympathetic but ultimately unable to help me.

My contract # is [protected]
Cheryl rush
[protected]
836 cr 3580
Winnsboro tx 75494

Samsung premium care

Hello about a week ago my s8+ got a cracked screen I had samsung premium care I submitted a claim and paid the deductible and was told my device would be shipped out the next business day since it missed the cut off time. Well upon calling the next day I was told that my device was on back order and that as soon as the device came back in stock I would be getting a device. I waited about a week before getting the email that my device had shipped upon receiving my replacement I was extremely disappointed the device that was sent to me has scratches on the screen deep scratches along the edge of my device screen not only that this is the wrong model variant my variant that I had was a sm-g955t (t-mobile) and what I received was a verizon model (sm-g955u) my speeds are drastically different on lte I was told I was going to be getting a device of the like and same my original unit was black and I got a orchid grey color which is not so much a deal breaker I kind of like this new color anyways I am just pissed that I paid 850$ for a device and 12$ a month for crappy phone that's not even the same variant I submitted I feel cheated

Stolen ring

First off let me say this even when I was trying to submit my claim thru fax which is such a pain the neck I tried to send it but it seemed like they kept disconnecting the call it would not make it to the second page I thought it was just my phone line I went to several places just to fax it I had to be on the phone with this guy for an hour and half he assured me that there is nothing wrong with their line they gave me 3 different numbers and so many try's before they got all the pages plus they said that they will send a letter within two business days it's been two weeks then I call them and said that it was denied. Mind you my wife's rings were stolen but they gave me this bs loop hole that there was no forced entry. I'm pretty sure that they will come up with something else that they will deny it don't trust this bs company

Payment not received

Dear customer service, My name in iakovos panotas On march/13th I file a claim of a lost/stolen phone. Claim...

Cell phone insurance

I will cancel this service once (if) I ever receive a new phone from this company. I've been trying to file a...

Fitbit

Would not accept claim on broken watch band that caused watch to stop working when it fell off. Happened...

T-mobile phone insurance

Mobile# [protected] Claim# [protected] Incident date: 11/11/2016 I pay for insurance every month and am unable...

American bankers insurance company of florida

I initially heard about this company through geico auto insurance at the time it seemed okay as I never experienced issues with geico and the fact they recommended the company I went with assurant for renters insurance. I filed a claim on 8/`12/2016 I received some damages due to the louisiana 2016 flood losing all contents in my master bedroom. My initial call to assurant went well the representative camelia arias — claims examiner did a great job of telling me what happens next steps etc... The adjuster — tony zabarac came out just as camelia said he would upon arrival the adjuster took pictures and also advised not to throw anything away because someone else would be coming out also. I bagged all the damaged items and placed them in corner of the room and stairwell of my home. The adjuster explained that this could take a while to process in the meantime send in any documentation I had on the items lost and because I had to evacuate the premises be sure to keep all receipts of expenses. Only to find out today that my situation will not be covered on the insurance as they say it did not happen due to the weather it happened due to poor installation this is some bull anyone that lives in baton rouge knows that the week leading up to this horrible flood it rained every day and I did not get any damages until this flood happened. Assurant blames my complex and my complex says that assurant should cover the loss of my personal property meanwhile I am stuck between two companies that no one wants to assist what am I suppose to do... Why does the consumer always have to be played over and if I had read some reviews on this company prior to I would have never trusted them with insuring my belongings. Its enough stress having to deal with the situation and loss but to have the company you put trust and invest money in to mess over me puts my stress on a higher level. I am numb right now I have no reaction or words for these people. Assurant what am I suppose to do now the place is not livable how do you people rest at night knowing that you work for a company that is wrongfully processing claims for consumers not caring of the impact of their decisions have on the consumers that spend there money paying for a worthless policy. Geico should really reconsider endorsing such a company because assurant acts impact your brand as well

*please read before sending your device*

Beware when you send a damaged device to assurant they are scammers. Everytime you call you get a different person and a different story. On february 12 a made a claim got replacement on february 13 sent the broken device feb 15. All was good. I kept the tracking number the sent me just in case. Package was delivered on march 17 here is when the nightmare begins. All of a sudden on my april statement I get a $408 charge on my tmobile account I called assurant 4/24 story was got the package no phone inside open a case with usps, get a case number give assurant the case number and all will be fine. 4/26 gave assurant case number spoke with jen it will all be taken care of. Wrong. May statement still had the charge. Called assurant 5/11 spoke with alexis his exact words were "we found the phone. Phone is now on the system you don't owe anything." days later I get text from tmobile that I had to pay the $408 or my service was going to be suspended. Called assurant 5/23 brenda "received package 5/17, package is in warehouse waiting to be scanned it will take 1-2 billing cyles for the charge to be removed call tmobile they can call us to verify." told I thought the phone was in the system per alexis she said no its in the warehouse waiting to be scanned. Called tmobile told them the situation karen at tmobile said she was going to handle was going to stop the suspension on the phone service. 6/6 text from tmobile phone suspended. Called tmobile told the story, stopped the suspension contact assurant. Called assurant bye this type I was pissed. Marien at assurant, we got the package empty envelope was unopened. Bye this time I was yelling at the told them I wasn't stupid enough to send an empty envelope I wasn't going to pay as I wasn't # money it's not my fault the phone was stolen/lost during the delivery. They were a bunch of scammers as each time I called I got a different story. She told me to contact tmobile. To her the company was # and I hung up. Called tmobile spoke with amera she was very sorry for the situation was going to handle said to call tmobile 6/20. Here we are 6/19 phone suspended again. Called tmobile said I had no choice I have to pay $408 told them I don't have kind of money it's not my fault it got lost in transient said she can do payment arrangements. I asked can I do a new claim for stolen phone? I wasn't covered for stolen phones. Let her know I was with at&t for 15 years never had I had such problem with them. Trying to get cheaper moved to tmobile less than a year ago and I get this service. I guess you get what you pay for. Conclusion when you send back your device please get some sort of proof of mailing if that helps don't want anyone to go thru what i'm going thru. As for me, i'm not paying scammers any money guess i'll go back to at&t.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices