Barclays / Barclay loan

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

I banked with Barclays since I was 18 for 18 years. No major problems until I took out a Barclays loan. They lost the documents four times, told me I was not eligible for loan protection because I had lived abroad in the past, lost the agreement documents and after a year started to take out random payments. My fifth premier banking manager said they could not help (fifth because all the others had resigned) Ritcheet kotcha said I needed to talk to Barclays loan, who referred me back to Barclays premier banking. I complained to head office, who said they will investigate the matter. After 8 months, 30 emails, faxes, barclays tried to say they never received my complaint. Anita Hicks g, customer complaints then got involved and refused to answers my basic questions such as where is my signed agreement, what was the payments for, the term, can they prove the amount, what interest am I paying, why can no One at barlcays answer basic questions concerning the debits from my account. She decided that Barclays don't have to supply this information, she had no agreement, barclays did not have to tell me what the payment was for and I had to go to the financial Ombudsmen. (Barclays hope that people wont complain and use the Ombudsmen as their customer service department!) I was disgusted, Anita hicks wouldn't even comment on my questions and refused to answer any details about the loan. I asked for statements for the alleged transfer of money into my account, first they refused for 5 months then sent me a photocopy. PLEASE whatever you do don't use Barlcays, they are not honest and do not care about customer service. I have 22 letters saying they will investigate the matter but they never found out what happened to the documents or gave me an option to pay of the amount. they still have not clarified the debits, terms and will not let me pay of the alleged debt in one go. I served the data protection act on them and they took three months to respond, initially saying the act does not apply to them as they don't have a central database file for customers. Each complaint I was promised someone will contact me in 5 working days, they failed on every occasion to meet their own complaints procedure.

Je

Comments

• Je
      27th of Sep, 2008

I ahd a simialr problem and came across Anita Hicks. She refused to even listen to the complaint or respond. On each occasion despite proof they said Barclays had not recevied the complaint.

• Je
      27th of Sep, 2008

Barclays really should know better. I had similar problem they just ignore complaints. Its terrible.

• Ba
      1st of Feb, 2010

Even worse is trying to deal with the account of a deceased relative.Barclays mess you about whilst hanging on to the savings of a loved one trying to make you feel like some sort of grave robber.
    They don't recognise power of attorney and even probate papers, they are too big for their boots and worthy only of contempt.

• Zi
      20th of Aug, 2015

Hello!
    I have recieved a scanned bank draft by email writing by my name and I wont to know if it's a real or fake one.
    Please help me!