Having problems with Umpqua Bank?

Umpqua Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 28, 2008. The latest review Online banking/zelle was posted on Feb 19, 2021. The latest complaint Terrible service was resolved on May 28, 2008. Umpqua Bank has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 16 reviews. Umpqua Bank has resolved 1 complaints.

Umpqua Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 486 7782 (Customer Service)
+1 541 440 3961 (International)
One SW Columbia Street, First Floor

Feedback

P.O. Box 1820, Roseburg, OR 97470

Home Loan
PO Box 2224, Spokane, WA 99210

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Umpqua Bank Customer Service. Initial Umpqua Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Umpqua Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Umpqua Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Umpqua Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Umpqua Bank Complaints & Reviews

Umpqua BankOnline banking/zelle

For nearly a year, I make all my payments to my landlord through zelle through my laptop, since my cell service is terrible, and driving is not an option half of the month for me. When suddenly the zelle option page turned up white, and trying to resolve the issue. I was told by dan whelan and karen dunning that the option is only available by mobile phone. My neighbor, still uses her desktop, and the other as well. I have multiple times and never used a cell phone. So I was outright lied to. When asked why I was getting lied to, I was told it would be fine for me and my friends to take all our money out of the bank if we wanted to. In my day, one sarcastic remark to any customer, would send even the longest standing employee packing, with instructions not to use us as a reference. Why has customer service been allowed to sink so low as to have agents tell customers to get lost, and still get to keep their jobs? Outrageous.

• Si
      Simon Jaworsky Feb 22, 2021

If you think that is bad. They kick me out of the bank and trespassed me from the bank just for complaining about feeling uncomfortable about a teller. Talk about brother hood Umpqua bank takes the cake and serves there employees more than there customers.

Dec 03, 2020

Umpqua Bank — Failure to protect my account / failure to cover identity theft losses

Umpqua Bank allowed a non-customer to pass over 40 forged checks totalling over $13, 000 on my account. The...

Umpqua BankOnline personal banking

I am not getting a security code texted or phoned to me, so I cannot access my account online. I cannot lodge a complaint either as I cannot dream of how I'm supposed to carry on for 350 words. Your site is forcing me to sign in in a social accout - [censored]. I'm emailing a business not a teenager. Put on your big boy pants and answer mail like a business.

Umpqua BankMortgage

For a bank advertising "the World's Greatest Bank" they come up short. The people on the front lines are absolutely great. But the mortgage department have employed some of the dumbest people on earth. Tried to refinance my mortgage for the last 5 years because Umpqua gave me the worst loan in history of short sales. You save their butt helping them out and they pretty much screw you. I took my problems to the highest authority in the company, the VP of Lending. He did nothing. You cannot beat their game, they are the World's Greatest Crappy Bank in the world

Mar 05, 2020

Umpqua Bank — Customer service

Went to the local Umpqua Bank and attempted to register to see my umpqua mortgage information. I needed a...

Jan 13, 2020

Umpqua Bank — Theft of mother's account

My adult sons put their names on my mother's account and used her debit card. She had advanced dementia -...

Nov 04, 2019

Umpqua Bank — Customer service

On Saturday 11/2/2019 I went to the Umpqua Bank branch in Burien Wa. I have been a customer/account holder...

Umpqua Bank — Check clearance - foreign exchange

Hi, I'm awaiting check clearance from Umpqua bank issued by my Uncle Mr ARIFULLA KHAN MD via check number...

Umpqua BankPersonal account

Not only has Umpqua expressed fault as me about an issue at their bank, but Umpqua wouldn't even let me access wires came into the account. I asked my finance manager to send 1 wire to check the account and he accidentally sent 3. Umpqua froze the account as if I had done something wrong. Umpqua didn't call or even care to hear from me. I found out by calling Umpqua. My finance manager apologized but I was like why. You mean I can't have 3 wires come into my account? The attitude I experienced at Umpqua is Umpqua will do whatever Umpqua pleases. Eventually my money had to be sent to me. Even a response to my letter was still Umpqua will do whatever. I responded with ONE MORE TIME THIS is the truth. Umpqua did me a favor by saying 13000 is too much money. I said good thing I didn't have 100000 put in you all may have had a heart attack. To this day not one apology and no recognition their procedures are disgusting. Umpqua even tried to impress upon me my clients need to note their wires to Umpqua satisfaction. I said oh now you are running other people's businesses right? I filed an FDIC complaint. Umpqua is wrong in it's actions to me as a person and account holder. So far I haven't lost any money due to their neglect, but it's time banks get fined heavily for treating people like lower class filth. How about the judge looks in on all of the facts Umpqua. Too sad when people are treated wrong there is not enough loss to go to court. I think court should be changed to principle of the matter as the most important reason then if there is financial loss. Umpqua and other banks may change their policies.

Umpqua Bank — Card services/fraud investigation

I filed a complaint of fraudulent activity on my bank card, claim number [protected]. Three items were listed...

Umpqua Bank — Personal checking account

To Whom it May Concern, I have been banking with Umpqua for almost 10 years. (Formally Sterling costumer...

Umpqua Bank — Paperless activity

Hi I enrolled in Paperless Activity with the Umpqua Bank in Gresham OR about 4 years ago and got paper mailed...

Umpqua Bank — Customer service/manager at moscow, idaho branch

I asked a trusted family member to get $50 petty cash for a city business on January 20, 2017. I issued a...

Umpqua Bank — Telephone service

I called about a banking problem. It is not possible to call Umpqua bank without being asked to answer...

Umpqua BankBreach of contract

I have a home loan from Umpqua Bank and in the contract i must provide zone x flood insurance in the amount of $74, 000. I have provided zone x insurance in the amount of $100, 000. Now they are requiring me to provide zone A insurance for $74, 000. This is not what the contract states and they agreed to. Fema did not change the zone and my house is still in the same place, zone x. The zone x insurance costs me $232.00 a year, zone a will cost me $800.00 and has less coverage. I have provided fema maps, satellite photos and even the zoning sheet they included in the original contract. No matter how many times I call, email, fax I get the same run around. My insurance company has tried as well and they also said they have seen this before and it is always Umpqua Bank doing it. I now have to pay $1500 to have my property served and an elevation certificate. I plan on suing the bank for all of my costs when it turns out in my favor, and it will. I am also going to let the country know by radio if possible and blogs like this. If you have had something similar to this happen to email me, I would love to hear it.

Umpqua Bank — Terrible service

Large megabank, umpqua, refuses to issue a bank atm only, NON Visa type debit card. Call to their customer no...