Bank Of America / unauthorized draft

1 P.O. Box 15026Wilmington, DE, United States
Phone: 1.800.655.1491

FIA Cardservices (Bank of America) offered me a settlement agreement for my past due credit account, but failed to mention that in order to secure this agreement they would be autodrafting a payment. I made my monthly payment as instructed and 2 weeks later, they tried to take more money out of my account. (They had my banking information from when I setup a draft months prior.) The payment cleared, so I had at that point made 2 payments for the month, and this created a chain reaction of bouncing in my account ending up in fees over $600+. The account rep agreed that I should not have been set up on a draft, and that I had not been properly informed. So she put in a request for a refund to my bank account. I was eventually told that I could not get any reimbursement for their abuse of my banking information, basically because of the settlement - since they were giving me a break, I wasn't entitled to any money back. If they did process the refund, it would cancel my settlement. That was the last thing I heard. Then today, I see that they went ahead and gave me a partial refund. When I call in to find out why I received a refund at all, when I was just told that I could not - the manager then tells me that they processed the refund but now they have canceled my settlement! These reps are NOT TRAINED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE OFFERING TO CONSUMERS. The first rep that offered me a settlement, DID NOT TELL ME that every single settlement agreement MUST have be paid with autodraft. Then the next rep that is "helping" me did not tell me that a refund to my account would result in cancellation of the settlement. How the hell am I supposed to make decisions to remedy this account, when these people do not know how to do their job and do not provide accurate information?

I have been told that they will offer me another settlement later this week... I guess that is their way of making up for their series of effing my account up! We shall see.