Bank of America

Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

customer service

I have had an account with Bank of America for over 20 years. I always recommended it to family and friends, and rated it "10" on customer service surveys. NEVER AGAIN!

Bank of America froze my account without warning. I was overseas at the time visiting Isaac Here's, my autistic son who lives in a hostel in Israel. Both my son and my daughter, Sarina Heres, are on my account. My daughter went to a Bank of America branch in Long Island, New York with a notarized Power of Attorney to act on my behalf. Bank of America refused to accept the Power of Attorney.

For over 3 hours on Thursday, July 11, 2019, I called overseas to the United States to find out why my account was frozen. I was transferred from clerk to clerk, each one contradicting what the previous one said to me. It seems that my account was frozen because my son did not use his debit card. However, I use mine all the time!

I was told that my son and I must immediately return to the United States within the next 4 days, by monday, July 15, in order to remove my son's name from my account. I explained that neither of us could return to the States within such a short period of timesuch short notice. The cost to fly to New York on such short notice would be over $1, 000 per ticket. I am a widow and senior citizen. I do not have the money for such an expense. Furthermore, if my account is frozen, then I could not charge the tickets. I was then given 2 extra days to arrive in the by July 17, or my account would no longer be frozen, but closed!

I was then transferred to a bank representative in Dallas, Texas who agreed to speak to my son over the phone once he provided answers to personal questions and confirmed that he agreed to be removed from my account. After being satisfied with my son's responses, the Dallas bank representative transferred me to a customer service representative to activate my account and remove my son's name from it.

Not only did the guy in customer service tell me it was impossible to do, but he said the account would be closed on July 15 if we did not arrive at the bank before then. He insulted me and practically called me a liar, saying I had not spoken to anyone in Bank of America representative in Dallas. The Dallas representative is the one who transferred me to this guy!

I asked for a supervisor, and after another long wait, I was finally connected. She apologized and was very surprised by the demand to fly back to the United States by July 15. She said she would deal with the matter and unfreeze the account.

I thank the supervisor who resolved the matter, however I feel compelled to write this letter of complaint against your other employees. I have never been treated so rudely before. Customer Service should mean giving service to customers, not mistreating them, giving them false information, or practically calling them a liar.

This entire experience has soured my prior favorable impressions of Bank of America.

Sincerely,

Rachel H

charged for produce which was returned and will not credit back my account after receiving all information asked of me

RE: Case # [protected], Received an item that was not what I agreed to purchase. Sent back to merchant, , ( he had UPS pick it up). Claimed it was damaged, but will not send picture of damaged merchandise. I have been attempting to get the amount charged to my card refunded, but to no avail. Have sent everything requested and one again denied. I have a charge for $875.00 with nothing to show for it, while merchant has my money and original piece of work that he can resell. Merchant has lied at every turn and will not return any correspondence, but then again why should he? He has my money and his artwork, and I have nothing but a charge for $875.00. Please help me resolve this issue. I am considered a "Preferred Customer", but feel like anything but that. Please do what is fair and right and credit back my account the $875.00 Regards LuAnn Santangelo, [protected]@aol.com

property claims department not sending insurance check back with endorsement.

Today is July 18, 2019. I sent a check from our insurance company, ALONG WITH a document that Bank of America requested for the roof/house estimate from the roofing company, by certified, overnight mail and it was received and signed for by Bank of America Property Claims Department on JUNE 14, 2019. Bank of America did not call and confirm that they had the payment but I knew that they had signed for it on June 14th. Online and on the phone, the process for property claims says it takes 3-5 DAYS to process and send back. I called after 5 days because I hadn't received a check and Bank of America informed me that I need to send three documents :
1. Contract of W9 (Bank of America sent me a form--should I bring it to you or do you have them?)
2. Contract of business license
3. Contractor's Bid
I had already sent #3 but they said that didn't receive it. So, I sent all 3 documents again. Called when I hadn't heard anything and had a repeat conversation--they didn't get it. I asked what I should do and they said to fax it. So, I called the roofing company and they faxed all 3 documents again and asked Bank of America to call them to confirm the papers were received. Bank of America did NOT call them to confirm. So, I called and they said that they were missing one of the documents (even though the roofing company has proof that they sent all 3 documents). so, I faxed the 3 documents again, and the roofing company sent all 3 documents the same day that I did. The roofing company called and they finally admitted that they had all the documents needed and it would take 3-5 days. This is the e-mail that I received from my roofing company and please note the date:
Amanda Wynn
Tue 7/2/2019 10:03 AM
Hi Cari,

I called the number you provided this morning to inquire about the fax I sent. I spoke with a representative who told me that the fax was received and the information we provided should take 3-5 business days to be processed. They said to check back in with them in about 3-4 business days.

That was sent on July 2, 2019 and today, July 17, 2019, I still do not have the check.
The roofing company completed the roof on Tuesday, July 16th and are insisting that I pay in full TODAY!! The mail has come and I have no check. The only solution that I can think of is for you to overnight the check immediately or I will have to take out a loan to cover the roof costs. If I have to take out a loan to avoid collections from the roofing company, I will, (at the risk of not being 'polite') ask a lawyer to help me with this issue.
Extremely Frustrated,
Cari Carter
[protected]@msn.com

debit card closed

I had a joint bank account with my father (I'm 17), and I had my debit card strictly for direct deposits from my job. I never let my bank account go negative or reach a balance of 0 dollars. At some point, I noticed weird activity on my Bank of America app; strangers were sending me up to 500 dollars and this would happen like 4 times a day but then that money was spent or taken out at a grocery store called Publix. I'm assuming somebody cloned my card and was doing fraud with it. Bank of America sent me a letter saying they were closing my bank account and that I could NEVER open up a bank account with them again, then they sent me a check with all the money left on my account. This isn't necessarily to complain but more so concerned about whether this will affect my credit score. Can anybody tell me if a bank closing a DEBIT card account will affect my credit score? Thanks in advance

bank of america alaska air visa credit card

We have been Bank of America Alaska Air/Visa card holders for over 30 years. Recently we have experienced a wave of problems with egregious behavior and bad acts by participating merchants. Bank of America dispute department has done anything to help us.

Their legal department has not even responded to our request for tape or transcript of a tri-party recorded conversation with Aloft Hotel representatives who behavior was so egregious and in violation of their merchant car services that the Bank of America representative rightfully called them out for their bad acts and conduct.
I could have equitably resolved this issue with the Aloft Hotel - if only - Bank of America they would have provided a letter reaffirming their verbal conversation that our card was not suspended, nor any charges denied.

Bank of America dispute group did not support us with inappropriate charge from a disreputable auto transport company company even though we provided them with written email documentation regarding their failure to meet the terms of the contract and duplicitous business practices. It should be noted the Better Business Bureau even had action pending against this transporter for false advertising.

Bank of Amercia dispute did not help us resolve an issue with Direct TV and ATT Merger where we were inappropriately billed. It should be noted ATT finally acknowledged their error made amends but without any help from Bank of America.

During the past few months are credit cards have been compromised numerous time which have disrupted our use of our cards at the most inopportune times - out of area vacations and trips.

Lastly, we requested a AAA Bank of America card for the rental car auto insurance benefit for an upcoming and extended trip to Europe and they would only give us $1, 000 which was inadequate to our anticipated costs. In contrast - Chase Bank with minutes gave us a preferred client high level travel card with significant limits and travel benefits way beyond our expectations.

We have been loyal Alaska Airlines and Bank of America customers for years and will continue to use your services and card on a limited basis - due to our extensive travel history and future plans with Alaska. However, something is seriously wrong at Bank of America and the dispute group and legal group has done nothing to help me.

checking account

I was added to my Son's account while he was overseas. My Son said Bank of America wanted me to update my...

mortgage

Every year we receive an analysis on our mortgage account stating that our house payment will be going up (which we expect) however Bank Of America has completely changed the amount! We have in writing that if we pay the escrow shortage of $115.28 by July 18, 2019 then our payment will be $765.38. We called in on Friday July 12, 2019 to make the escrow shortage and then we were informed that we needed to pay $198.00 plus some odd cents and the new payment will now go up to $774.99! This is false advertising, bait and switch and other things I am sure! I am making a formal complaint about this ...we have had nothing but trouble and fights every year in June when this analysis comes because they always want to hike the payment up way more than it should be. I don't understand how this company can get by with increasing the shortage amount as well as the monthly payment when we have in writing what it would be! He tried to tell us it had something to do with our insurance however this letter does not say anything about these amounts being contingent on what our insurance comes back with in August. The analysis was done in June and only done once a year so how can they analyze it again a month later! I can understand (and fully expect) that it will go up again for next year but this insurance amount should be applied to next years new payment not this years! I will gladly provide you a copy of the letter we received spelling out what the new payment should be prior to, the bait and switch!

[Resolved] refund of funds which are on hold since last 8 months

Hi there, Greetings for the day. Hope you are doing well at your end. Firstly I would like to give you all...

Bank of America

auto loans

June 20, 2019 at the BOA in Hixson, TN paid off my auto loan with cash. Was told by the employee that I would receive the title in 7 days and confirmed my address. A few days later I called customer service to verify they had the correct address and make sure my old address was not on my account. They assured me it was being sent to my current residence. July 1, 2019 I called customer service to check the status. They told me it had been mailed and should be receiving it, once again confirming my address. (I have now sold my car and new owner is waiting on the title.)

July 3, 2019 I go to county clerk to just ask for a duplicate title. They inform me that the lien is still on my title. I immediately go to my local BOA. I ask for the lien cancellation document. The man helping me has to call customer service to ask what to do. They inform him that lien cancellation papers cannot be sent out until 10 business days after the title was mailed. But, I should be receiving my title any day. That is when the employee on the phone tells me that the title was sent to MY OLD ADDRESS. The man says to call customer service when the 10 days has passed and they will mail me the information I need for the lien cancellation.

I call the morning of the 10th day (July 5, 2019). I'm told I cannot get a copy of my title, but they will submit a request for the lien cancellation document to be mailed and that it will take 7-10 business days to be completed and then another 5-7 days for mailing! BOA will also not electronically cancel my lien through the state system and are making we wait. No one was apologetic or offered to do whatever it took to help me even though this was their mistake. Even talking with a supervisor was a waste of time. This is unacceptable. I will never recommend them and certainly will never do business with them again!

online loan services

Application number :[protected]

I was recently declined a business loan due to unsatisfactory payment history. I have a credit score averaging 742-753. I had 1 late payment in 2011. That was the last derogatory remark on my credit history as far as payments.

Since 2012 all payments have been received 100% on time. Just checked again. I check my credit report often. There is no way my credit report was even reviewed.

Poor Poor practices

money out of my account with no one telling me where it went

I have previously lodged a complaint with a woman Carrie called me leaving me a message about the prior...

boa closed my 2 business accounts for no reason

I have been with BOA since they swallowed up I believe it was nations bank. I received a letter that said they were closing my payroll account for no reason. I just ordered 6 months of checks which i am now having to eat. I did everything they requested as far as positive pay and ACH positive pay all of which cost over 1, 000.00 a month in service charges. They are causing such a hardship i am just worried about finding a new bank ordering checks and having everthing in place to pay employees and paying taxes with new account in place and pin numbers.

overall customer service

their is one teller who just stares at you and won't assist you at all, this branch is terribly mismanaged there are always 1 or 2 tellers and 10 plus people in line the employees, just walking around clueless and don't manage a thing or dont even bother to jump in to help, they clearly don't care about customers and have undercut staff for their convenience. 4000 N Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33431 that's the location

flood insurance

Bank of America Corporation has sent two conflicting letters to purchase flood insurance in two days for my...

Bank of America Financial Center

terrible customer service

I have been with BOA for over 10 years now. I have not had any issues until now. I set up an automatic payment with Verison. I made my payment early, not knowing I had to call Verison to cancel my initial payment. I called BOA right away when I saw they took the money out of my account, they added a $35. NSF charge to my account. The representative was really nice and willing to add a temp credit to my account in the amount of $197.33. He stated he would be emailing me the documentation to download, sign and email back. They never emailed it to me. Instead they mailed me the documents. I received them 3 weeks later. I did not notice there was documents that needed to be signed on the back. What bank does this. Almost like they wanted me to mess up. I did sign and date on the bottom of the page and returned. I received the same papers 2 weeks after that the same exact papers. I did the same thing. I never received any notification of the claim. All of a sudden 2 1/2 months later, they take the money out of my account again and adding the overdraft fee again. I called, they stated they did not receive the documents. I told them I sent them, they said due to the fact I did not sign in the right place, they denied my claim. I at that time went to the branch I deal with. The printed out the documents, I signed in the correct spots. They stated it was escalated and it would be 3-5 days and it would be back into my account. Here I am almost 3 weeks later and they have not put the money back into my account. I called Verison, and they said they never received the money, I checked my statement, and it doesn't even show they took the money out. They are covering their tracks. I contacted one of the CEO's and left a complaint. She called me 2 days later. I was at work and could not take the call. She left a message, so I called back. Funny how she is a CEO and she is not available to take my call and does not have a voicemail set up. I have called several times and still no luck. I will close my account with this crappy POS bank as soon as my money is refunded, if ever. I am contacting Consumer Affairs about this matter if there is nothing done about it soon!!! Stay away from this bank. They are theives.

atm deposit

Warning do not Bank with Bank of America. I made a cash deposit at a branch and thier ATM went down in the middle of the transaction. I filed a claim with them immediately, and they had there ATM back up and working in two hours. But they tell me I have to wait up to 2-10 days for a provisional credit, or up to 45 days for them to investigate. What a bunch of CRAP. You going to tell me it takes that long to verify my deposit. It's their ATM which they have more control over, more than us the consumer.

I'm looking for a new bank that works for their customers and not a Corporation that rips you off, and expect for you to put your life on hold. For thier equipment failure.

horrible customer service from bank of america claims dept and inaccurate information lori or laurie in claims dept tennessee

I noticed an unauthorized charge on my debit card. A company I had made a one time purchase from had charged me for what I do not know, about a month after the purchase to which I had agreed. I called the Claims Dept and spoke with a nice elderly woman in Tennessee who said she had to transfer me over to someone who could handle the dispute. I, of course, had to give all my information AGAIN, which is a hassle, but the woman I was speaking to now was unpleasant. Before I barely started explaining the situation she was interrupting me and forcefully stating back to me what she thought to be the situation but she was WRONG. I corrected her over and over again and she said she would put "my information, although it was inaccurate and false and incomplete" through as the claim and I'd just have to see what happens with that. I told her I had made a purchase prior to the unauthorized charge, a single, one time only, NOT recurring, NOT A SUBSCRIPTION, NOT A "have to cancel prior to trial membership running out" type of deal. I made ONE purchase. I DID NOT GIVE PERMISSION OR SIGN UP FOR OR AUTHORIZE ANYTHING ELSE FROM THIS COMPANY. She said that was not true, there was no previous purchase and so obviously I made THIS purchase or how else would they get my debit card information. She was RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL & THE MOST UNHELPFUL "CUSTOMER SERVICE" PERSON (I'll use that term loosely as well) I have ever encountered. I asked to speak to a Supervisor. She stated that was not going to happen. I lost it and told her to "F off" and she hung up on me. I looked at my bank statement and LO AND BEHOLD, 21 DAYS PRIOR TO UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE IS A PREVIOUS CHARGE FOR THE EXACT AMOUNT I'D TOLD HER TO THE EXACT SAME COMPANY. RIDICULOUS. That is a waste of space, a waste of salary and a complete waste of everyone's time. Her name is Lori or Laurie, out of Tennessee. And her customer service skills SUCK. I called back and filed a dispute...we'll see what happens. I am surprised by this incident, I had to file a claim a few years back and it was LITERALLY painless. Excellent service. Could not have been handled better. Today, because of her, I needed my blood pressure medication. She should not have a job in service. Of any kind. The WORST. Hope she reads this.
Amy Skinner
[protected]
(this card has been canceled due to claim)
809 W. Laguna Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85282
480/255-8340
[protected]@hotmail.com
First authorized transaction 05/07/2019 $4.97
Second UNauthorized transaction 05/26/2019 $69.97
HBWELLNESS is the company

trying to close my account from the united kingdom

I have tried for several months to close my BofA account and to get the check balance of the account sent to...

credit card

I have 2 credit cards at Bank of America. I noticed the card I was using had a high APR now. My credit is excellent, so I called to have them review/lower it. They agreed to lower it. I noticed three days later that the change was applied to the wrong card - the card I wasn't using. I call the credit card customer service department to have them correct the mistake. They said they had no way to fix it, because they couldn't contact the department that does it, because they don't have their number. I have to have an offer available to do it. Naturally I don't have an offer available, because it was just used to make the change. Unbelievable. So, I'll be transferring my balance to another card and closing these. Ridiculous.

prepaid edd debit card

Hi so I'm trying to get my western union confirmation number and I've been on hold for over 2 hours! I've made multiple calls, I've even called from other phones simultaneously with in regards to my phone.
Heck I'm listening to the hold elevator music right now as I write this email!

I have 2 separate calls going out on my iPhone right now too...
This is ridiculous

I called earlier around 9:30 am talked to the lady and she was able to get my funds transferred to western union because my Edd Debit Card wouldn't be here for another week and I need the money now so she told me. To call back at 12 pm which was to receive my confirmation number.

And I've literally been on hold for forever I don't understand

Can you please contact me immediately
Or just send the confirmation number
Please and thank you