Ashley's Furniture / I will copy this letter and give it to my attorney

I made a large purchase to furnish my new home in Keller, Texas in December 04' and moved in 2005 to California, I have two pieces of my furniture purchased from this location. At the time of purchase I bought an extended warranty, my office hutch door snapped in half and the dowel on my dining room chair broke off, my local Ashley's says they are not affiliated with the store in Texas, I want my furniture repaired or refunded for the extended warranty.

I will copy this letter and give it to my attorney at PrePaidLegal (ParkerStansbury) CA. I was never told that if I moved that my warranty would not follow me if I moved to another state.

Bj

Comments

• Am
      30th of Aug, 2007
    Ashley's Furniture - Do not buy from Ashleys!

I wish I would have done some research prior to purchasing from Ashleys. My finance and I have been waiting 7 weeks for our bedroom set that we have purchased from Ashleys. We received a call the day prior to our delivery date that they are going to have to extend our delivery date and they would call the following day to let us know what date our new delivery would be. Well, they called and are able to deliver our furniture Sept. 26th. My finance and I are NOT interested in waiting 3 months for our bedroom set, and that is if they do not reschedule us AGAIN. I told them I would like to cancel and I was informed that they would charge us a 30% cancellation fee! Are you kidding me?!!! Charge me for what?! Your incompetence?! Unbelievable!

• Am
      29th of Mar, 2009

Ashley's Furniture cheap ### from china you get what you get fool

• Id
      7th of Jul, 2009
    Ashley's Furniture - double chair
    Ashley's Furniture
    Rohnert Park
    California

I purchased a double chair from Ashley's on 3/27/09. I paid for it with American Express. The store took the money the same day and charged me an 80 dollar delivery charge. Three months later on 6/27, the chair was delivered, finally. It was immediately apparent it was too large for the room and I called immediately. I called the main office and the Rohnert Park store and was told there ARE NO RETURNS!!
    After arguing with many people, it comes down to this. Unless the furniture is damaged, you have to accept it. People should be warned about this.
    Finally they agreed to take back the chair and charge me a 30% 'restock fee'. So on a purchase of $998.00, I am out $250.00 plus $80.00 delivery - all for making the mistake of walking in their store and assuming it dealt fairly with its customers. BEWARE!!!

• Ke
      11th of Sep, 2009

We bought leather furniture and a 5 year warranty from Ashley’s. $ years later we had moved and my chair was fading. I called to ask and they said that wasn't covered. 2 months later the leather started to split, so we called again and they are telling us that they can't find our account and unless we can find our old phone # they can't help. Unbelievable. This is one of the most corrupt companies and I can't imagine they have any return customers. We also had to wait about 2-3 months for delivery.

My in-laws also bought furniture from them that fell apart and they would not replace it. They would only come out and fix it and their fix didn't work 4 times. They finally threw y=the year old furniture away and bought new stuff from elsewhere.

Spend a few more bucks and buy somewhere else it will be worth it in the long run!!!