Menu
Rochester Furniture
reviews & complaints

Rochester Furniture
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

109 complaints
2 resolved 107 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Rochester Furniture. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
12:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought the lounge suit cash on Monday the 13th of June 2022 a R29 515 at Rochester, the Grove mall branch in Pretoria East. The sales man by the name Emmanuel promised delivery within 48 hours. With everyday comes a new excuse. It's been 5 days and this morning, Friday the 17th he promised that delivery would take place by 12:00 or 13:00 and that the...

6:32 am

Rochester Furniture - Bad Products, Bad service, no refund, no communication

I bought a lounge suite (Lennox) in Boksburg on 9th November 2021. The sales person was Mpho Dlamini and the branch manager Luendo.

There was a problem with the suite and it was collected on 22/02/2022. Pick up Note: 60359407. (For repair or replacement under warranty)

A new order was placed on 23/02/2022 for a new lounge suite (Skylar MR2 in Grey Graphite) as we could not get the original colour.

On 20/04/2022 I spoke to Luendo and he told me Cebi will phone me back (His no: 0665761268)

On 21/04/2022 I spoke to Cebi and he gave me the order no: 4500294986 and the date of the order was 09/04/2022 (Not the 23/02/2022) (Skylar 3 seater and 2 seater CAT5)

On 26/04/2022 I phone Cebi and he told me that Luendo will phone me tomorrow to do a refund and let me know when the money was paid back.

On 01/05/2022 I phoned to query. On 05/05/2022 they phoned and try to let us take a Brown suite that was on the shop floor, but I declined as it is not what I want.

On 06/05/2022 I phoned again, but I only got a reply that they will phone me back.

On 09/05/2022 Luendo is sick and Cebi will phone and find out.

This is all the correspondence I got. I bought a lounge suite that was faulty. Since February 2022 I did not get ANY joy from your company. Not a new suite or a refund.

I phoned 17/05/2022 and 20/05/2022 - still no word!

Desired outcome: I want a full refund ASAP with interest

R
11:12 am

Rochester Furniture - Deliver of my goods: cust no:5109936

I bought a daybed and a dining room suite in March on Layby. On 20th April I paid off my lady with the hope to have delivery few days after payment. It is literally almost a month I am still waiting for my table and ottoman.

The customer experience is appalling to say the least- can I get an expedient response from you. The branch manager has not even had a decency to manage this or assist. The sales guy has disappointed me in his promised to get my stuff delivered. I am angry.

Desired outcome: Deliver my goods or refund me - come get the partially delivered stuff as I need to get similar from your competitors. I can get the same from coricraft

View 0 more photos
X
7:11 am

Rochester Furniture - Rochester The Grove Mall is the worst when it comes to client service

The worst Rochester out there. And we are forced to make use of them because we bought our original bed at the The Grove branch which now, after 5 years of use, has to be exchanged under warrantee. We did everything from our side to ensure we are not the ones that delay anything. We paid our warrantee amount over to Sealy on 19 April and they in turn paid Rochester the money quick enough to have a speedy process. And that is where it got stuck. Between Rochester The Grove and Rochester HO the one does not know what the other has to do to serve the customer. And us as the clients are left stranded...no bed to have a good night's rest on and also out of the money we paid that was asked of us. Today, 6 May we got hold of the 5th different person to try and help us. Always excuses, today's newest excuse is that someone at the branch did not do the job they had to with the proof of payments which caused the delay. Now we got a new "commitment" that soon we will be contacted with arrangements for delivery. This after the staff and the branch manager and staff at their Head Office has "committed" to a resolution at numerous occasions over the past weeks. Believing in what they say has become impossible. It is like the saying goes, they have us by the nuts and could not care less.

Desired outcome: Deliver what was arranged and paid for

J
3:54 pm

Rochester Furniture - Undeliverable study chair

I purchased a study table that had a special of a included chair . They didn’t have stock of the chair since the chair they had in-store was broken so I was promised to be contacted as soon as stock was delivered to the store. I purchased on the 13 February 2022 and till today I have not received the chair . I called once and I was told new stock hasn’t been delivered yet . Now I’m sitting with a table without a chair for months now while I’m receiving no communication about what exactly is happening . I can’t be waiting for months to receive a chair . Can this be resolved please .

Desired outcome: I would like an apology and my chair delivered .

S
7:18 am

Rochester Furniture - Defective Drawer Delivered

Ordered a drawer online, saw it in store as well, it was as per advertised on the Rochester website. The drawer that was delivered was a much cheaper quality. It had different wood, different handles, different drawer tracks, everything was much worse. I contacted Rochester a number of times but their customer service is pathetic, from their call center to their e-commerce department to warehouse. I phoned, emailed and even contacted them on Facebook.

No one could give me an answer as to whether the correct drawer will be delivered. They are hiding behind their supplier, blaming the supplier for their issue.

I would not recommend buying from them as they are very unprofessional and deceitful.

7:53 am

Rochester Furniture - Terrible Quality Furniture and Terrible Customer Service

Rochester Furniture is the WORST! Terrible quality and customer service - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Rochester Furniture is the WORST store with the WORST service. I have had endless problems since i bought my LENNOX CORNER LOUNGE SUITE. Shortly after arriving it started squeeking whenever i sat down and the legs started breaking! I have submitted NUMEROUS queries - the couches get picked up and my family is left with nothing to sit on for almost 2 months only for the couches to be brought back with the same problems they left with.

My current query with them is outstanding since the beginning of December 2021 and it is now end of March 2022! I have emailed, called their lines and inboxed on Facebook so many times i am ready to scream! They picked up one half of the Lennox couch to get fixed and there has been NO communication since! A month or so later the second part started having issues (the same problems they have apparently fixed before) and I have even sent email communication to 2 managers, Tshepo and Louisa and they didn't even bother themselves to respond to my query.

The last phone call i had with an agent he told me that there is nothing he can do, if i am not happy i must get lawyers or report them to the Ombudsman! What rubbish is that!? Every single time i keep getting told that my query has been escalated, escalated where when i still have ZERO resolution!

The below is an email i sent to the so called managers and i still haven't received any feedback till today! I am frustrated to my core and i want NOTHING to do with this store. I want them to pick up their remaining couch and return my money ASAP! What the hell do they think i am sitting on for all these weeks!?

Mon, Feb 28, 3:10 PM (4 days ago)

to louisab, Tshepo

Dear Louisa and Tshepo,

I need URGENT assistance regarding my unresolved complaints with couches that I purchased at Rochester in 2021.

I do not even have the patience to go through the entire story at this time but i need the couch that is still remaining at my house to be Picked up by the end of this week. It is unfair to have bought couches a year ago and have barely utilised them for even 4 of those 12 months because there are always faults on them OR they are sitting at your warehouse. Currently the one half of the Lennox lounge suite was picked up in early December 2021 and to this day i have received ZERO communication!

On the 6th of February 2022 i FINALLY got fed-up and i sent a request for the remaining half (which also is faulty) to be picked up and for Rochester to issue a refund. MANY DAYS LATER and the couch is STILL sitting in my house, i have called, sent complaints on your site and sent Facebook inbox messages NUMEROUS times and no response or when i get through i get agents who have a total lack of my frustration and they still can't give answers as to why the second piece hasn't been collected and my refund processed!

I have been more than patient and the worst thing is to be calling your call centre for the millionth time and be told by an agent that i should call the Ombudsman or call my lawyer if i am not accepting what he is telling me! What rubbish is that, these couches were not donated to me, I bought them with very hard earned money and if my patronage is not appreciated then please pick up this thing in my house and return my money and we can part in peace!

I will be waiting for a response as i am no longer willing to speak to any more agents than the 10 or 20 that I have spoken to!

Kind Regards,

Desired outcome: I want them to give me my money back!!!!

M
7:12 am

Rochester Furniture - Delivery

Laybuy a R17000 headboard and finished paying in 15 December 2021 and paid R600 delivery at the store. It took Rochester 3 months to deliver and then they delivered today the 10th of March 2022. I stay on a first floor unit and on arrival the delivery guy said he can't take it upstairs because it is heavy and I must get him manpower to lift it. I told him I don't know anyone who can assist him and then he said he'll take it back to the warehouse of he did.

How can Rochester hire a 3rd party to deliver my goods whereas I paid Rochester and also how do you expect me to offload my goods whereas I paid money for the handling services?

I have been waiting for my headboard for 3 months now

Desired outcome: Delivery of my goods as soon as today

U
7:47 am

Rochester Furniture - Refund not processed

Good day,on the 10th Jan I purchased a Paradise lounge suite from Cornubia branch. R30845 .It was delivered to me with one module less. after 2 weeks of being promised and fed all sorts of wishy washy excuses I was told that they will collect the set and refund me. the store was very efficient with the collection of it. on the 28Jan after pestering the store I was told the refund was processed. I have been following up with NO communication from the store and they said there was a problem with their finance department. they are not able to direct me to anyone who can help me. I was now told that the problem is with finance and not with them. end of story- so where does that leave me almost R31,000 out of pocket with no explanations and resolutions. this treatment should not be associated with a supposed high end store. poor quality, poor client liaison, poor service.

Desired outcome: I want my money refunded

1 comment
V
Feb 24, 2022 5:53 am

Same here.Still waiting for a refund with promises of today,tomorrow,next week.Its ridiculous and I need the refund to pay for a new couch I ordered.

C

Rochester Furniture - Rochester store negligence - child hurt. Rochester doesn't care

Please don’t support Rochester. They are an uncaring deceitful company. Last week a headboard in the Clearwater Rochester Store had fallen on my child head and they are denying that anything happened. They refuse to show me the video. The management of Rochester and Legal team are rude to me. When confronted they shouted at me and told me that I should leave my child outside as they have a disclaimer that you enter at your own risk. Rochester is a store that clearly canvas’ child neglect and abuse. If I had to leave my child unattended outside the store just to purchase from them, what would happen to her. They won’t even give me an apology or see if my child needed medical assistance. I have written a letter of complaint and yet not received a response even in acknowledgement of my complaint. They do not get back to clients, clients are clearly not valued.

M
2:43 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took a chair on credit from Rochester Fourways about 2 weeks ago, my credit application was successful however not one during the face to face interaction with the lady who assisted were the terms and conditions explained or was I offered an opportunity to red them myself and make an informed decision. I was just told to sign and the most I was told wa...

E
12:47 am

Rochester Furniture - Non Delivery of Furniture

My son was promised delivery of his furniture on the 17th December. This did not happen and after a lot of fighting some of his furniture was delivered on the 18th - half of it as flat pack which was not the agreement. He is still waiting for delivery of a table he ordered and it in now the 5th of January. He need the table to set up his home office to work from. The staff at the Brooklyn branch keep promising delivery but it never happens. The level of incompetency at this store is mind blowing. Last night a courier phoned my son to say he would be delivering the furniture... he then phoned later to say he would not be delivering the furniture to my son in Johannesburg as he "does not get paid enough to drive to Johannesburg"!

Stay away from this company, the cheap tatty furniture they sell is not worth the aggro you have to go through to get it.

Desired outcome: The furniture my son paid for to be delivered

V
6:58 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Rochester Furniture - Non delivery and defective goods.

Purchased a Chesterfield lounge suite in November 2021 It came torn and without the arm chairs. New couch received with another fabric defect and still no armchairs.Couch has not been taken away as yet. Poor service from manager to complaints department despite the fact numerous phone calls and visit to the shop. Empty promises and no action. Inconvenience and cost to get this rectified is unacceptable.

Desired outcome: Refund on my purchase

E
3:48 am

Rochester Furniture - Non delivery and poor service

My son purchased three items from the Brooklyn store to be delivered to Johannesburg where he was settting up an apartment. Delivery was set for the 17th December as that was the day he was moving in and he was coming back to Standerton on the 19th to spend Christmas at our house so it was imperative that the delivery happened on time. It did not. After many phone calls and fighting two of the three items eventually arrived on the 18th. The plasma unit arrived in a flat pack box - he was never informed when buying the unit that it was flat pack. Upon contacting the store again he was told that the person delivering the item must assemble the item. The delivery person refused to do so and left... with the plasma unit still unassembled in the box. The dining room table he ordered simply never arrived at all. The manageress at the store said - oh it will be delivered next year...I will never use Rochester again, the service is beyond terrible, nothing that is said can be believed and the staff really could not care a hoot. I am in doubt that my son will ever receive his table at all as the delivery system seems to be in an absolute shambles with no one knowing what is going on. Dreadful, dreadful customer service.

Update by EsmeHughes
Dec 22, 2021 3:48 am

T
6:42 am

Rochester Furniture - Savnnah mall polokwane

I logged a complain for a bed i bought on the 16 nov 2021
i went to savannah store were i bought for more than 3 times without my complain been resolved .its been over half a month still my query is not resolved ...

will i be rude if i take it back to the store ? i really cant wait any nolonger and it feels like my query is not taken serious ..

Desired outcome: [email protected] cell 0638639859/0615849397

View 0 more photos
5:52 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day On the 08/04/2021 we purchased couches from Rochester in Carnival Mall. We were advised by the sales lady, Francina that we should Master guard the couches as it will prevent stains on the couches. We were advised that the warehouse will apply the Master guard and we will receive a certificate as proof of the application. The following issue...

6:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day I bought a table in August from Rochester to the amount of R9000. I filed a complaint early in November about the poor quality as their is an opening on the one side of the table. This morning I received a letter that my complain is rejected as they state that Kindly note that our policy stipulates that all damages of items are reported within 7...

R
7:17 am

Rochester Furniture - Faculty couch and horrible customer service

I bought my couch from Rochester in lephalale the couch is faulty. I reported this to them and was told a complaint was logged it's been well over a month and I'm being given the runaround woth no definate answers as to what must happen with the couch, I do not want anything to do with this company any further it was a waste of my money. I would love for them to take the couch back.

Desired outcome: Full refund. I do not wish to have anything to do with this company

B
11:35 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought the Evolution day bed from Rochester Savannah Mall in 2019. The daybed started sagging in 2020 and I reported this to the sales person Karabo, who never resolved or even tried to resolve my complaint. I kept on calling him for a few months and eventually logged a complaint at their customer service department. The daybed was exchanged in July...

2:56 pm

Rochester Furniture - Poor service

On 30/08/2021 I visited Rochester store at Cornobia Umhlanga shopping for a plasma stand which I saw online and I fell in love with it then decided to visit the store to be sure. when we walked in a lady who was sitting down [employee]told us to sanitize our hands.
I was expecting someone to help us or at least ask if we are interested in anything but nothing, there were four sales person in the shop. We looked around and saw the plasma stand we stood there for about 10min but no one helped us. I don't know maybe it's how u treat customers. I stay very far from Conorbia but because I wanted the stand I went there. I'm still thinking of buying it but SERVICE WAS VERY POOR. My email address [email protected]

Desired outcome: I would like to get a response

Rochester Furniture contacts