Rochester Furniture Logo

Rochester Furniture

Having problems with Rochester Furniture?

Rochester Furniture Customer Service Contacts

56-58 Rigger Road, Spartan, Isando
Kempton Park
South Africa - 1619

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Rochester Furniture Customer Service. Initial Rochester Furniture complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Rochester Furniture above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Rochester Furniture. Discuss the issues you have had with Rochester Furniture and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Rochester Furniture Complaints & Reviews

Rochester FurnitureFailure to return couches that broke

I bought couches on account from Rochester, my 3 seater recliner couch broke during lockdown. I reported it, they came and fetched it in October. It is the 23rd of February and I still do not have my couches. I have phoned numerous times, they sometimes say they will arrange for the pick up of my couches and then are surprised to hear that they have already picked up my couches and I am waiting for delivery. I was promised delivery on the 6th of February, they said the driver will phone me about an hour before delivery. Nobody phoned me on the 6th of February. I have complained online, I have complained on their Facebook page and still nothing, all I get are promises that "someone" will be in touch with me shortly. I have phoned again today (23 Feb 2021) and was promised delivery on the 27th of Feb, again told the driver would phone me an hour before delivery. When I asked for some kind of guarantee that this would indeed happen, I was told they can't give me one. When asking to speak to a manager, said manager responded saying he cannot take my call as he has other things to do and I should just send him an e-mail. His name is Sameer Fakir. Still no couches, still no guarantee that my couches will in fact be delivered as promised.

Rochester FurnitureLusaka single couch acc number : 4977152

Good Day

I have made a special layby order on the 05.09.2020 and I was assisted by Nkosana and he was extremely helpful at that time and he confirmed that on the next following Tuesday he will place an order and they will start making it and by the time I pay it up it will be ready to be delivered. I did promised him that I will settle my couch on the 20th of September and he said I will get it at the time. I did not settle the account in that September because of health reason due to being admitted in hospital however I did trf the outstanding balance of R10 800 on the 20th October 2020.

What pisses me off is that I am the one who need to call them to do a follow up on the time, they don't even give me a courtesy call to tell me what going on, it is always a story after a story all the time

Rochester FurnitureMissouri Queen Std Lu Bed EL Furniture Nougat Faux LTH

Dear Sirs

I purchased MISSOURI QUEEN STD LU BED (Product code [protected], Total value R16 490.00) at Fourways Fochester furniture store on the 23 December 2020 and was assisted by NishanPillay and afterwards by Linet Jaka. We agreed with the Store to make the delivery between 12th and 13th of January 2021, however i was suprised to be told on the 11th January 2021 that the delivery is taking place where i was forced to arrange someone to be present when the delivery take place.

The bed was delivered on the day but upon my arrival i discovered that they did not assemble the bed completely but half job was done. Through my assessment i discovered that they failed it assembly the full bed because there's some defect on it.

I then called the store, sent them pics and they advised me that they will arrange warehouse to come back. They did come back on the 13th January 2021 and unfortunately i was not around but i arranged my sister to be around.

I was then told that everything are in order and the bed was assembled fully. when i came back from work i assessed the bed only to find out that what i discovered about the defect was correct because instead of tightening the screws they could not do that but pushed them so they could look like they are fitted properly.

I then spoke to the Store who promised to exchange it and exchange was arranged i was called by the lady at warehouse by the name of charlote on the 14th January and promised that i shall receive delivery on the 19th January 2021 and they shall call me in the morning before 8am on the 19th January 2021.

On the 19 January i did not receive a call as promised. I called and when i called i was rather told that the delivery was not going to take place anymore because there was a stock-taking despite been promised that i must be around for the delivery.

As a results of this empty promises i made myself available for the delivery and furthermore moved all my business meetings, and even incurred costs to get someone to do my job.

As promised the delivery did not take place and no one after spoken to the store (Nishan and Linet) and warehouse (charlote) to advise me their position.

I demand my refund within 24hours failing which i am going to take legal actions.

my contacts: [protected]@gmail.com/[protected]

Rochester FurnitureTV unit

So not going to ever use this company again in purchasing furniture and I'm gonna spread the news of there bad service I have received as well. I purchased an TV unit in December 2020 it arrive but not assembled correctly even though I paid for this to be done. Log a complaint and get a reference number so this all happened on 28 December 2020. Eventually get told they are gonna replace it and send us another unit and exchange it. WAIT for it get sms 6 January 2021 be home so we can deliver oh it is now the 18 January 2021 and still no deliver. Oh wait for it again we get told warehouse delivering today and they can deliver anytime in day .Oh wait for it again and guess what NOTHING has been delivered. Shocking Service from sales, too complaints head office to warehouse. Very unhappy client Mr and Mrs Tilbrook first time buyers from Rochester furniture Cornubia durban.

Dec 28, 2020

Rochester Furniture — Lack of service and refusal of refunding my purchase

My name is Andries van Schalkwyk. On 18 December I paid for 2 cabinets plus delivery to my home in Meyerton...

Dec 23, 2020

Rochester Furniture — Dining room table not returned

My dining room table was picked up for a repair quote on the 17 November. Since then after numerous follow up...

Rochester FurnitureCoaches

We bought coaches at the Polokwane store which are now fully paid. They had to be returned back to the store due to faults and promised to get another coach. It has been months now and we have not received any coaches as yet and the store manager (Mmabatho) kept on telling us that they are waiting for finance authorization. My question is, does it take months to authorize when customers have to receive their goods but less period when we are required to pay the store? This is absolutely poor service and we are frustrated as we don't have coaches to seat on at home. At least give us our money back and we can buy where we are valued.

Dec 07, 2020

Rochester Furniture — Delivery

Good Day We settled on goods at Rochester in Boksburg on 02nd December 2020. The salesperson Mpho...

Dec 04, 2020

Rochester Furniture — Couches

We purchased couches from Rochester end of 2018 and early 2020 January I filled for repairs of my recliner...

Dec 03, 2020

Rochester Furniture — Kinshasa couch

I bought a Kinshasa couch at Clearwater mall last year August. Sometime this year I discovered that it had a...

Dec 02, 2020

Rochester Furniture — Bad service received from rochester

We bought a couch in august 2020 and we were promised delivery on the 1 st of october 2020 as we moved into...

Pretoria

Rochester FurniturePoor service delivery

I have layby couches at Rochester kolonnade retail park in August and a month later when I settled them, I was told that they were stock out. I have been waiting for new stock till date, every time when I make a follow up am given a new date. The sales agent does not provide feedback until I ask her. I have escalated the matter with their client service department and till date I didn't not receive any call regarding my complaint. I will never purchase anything from Rochester store
            User's recommendation: Never purchase anything from Rochester.

Rochester FurnitureCredit provider

Good day

My complaint is based on the daily phone calls (up to 15 calls a day). I am being forsed to confirm an amout that I prefere to pay monthly and date I would like to pay.
              I am not in arears and a have never skipped a payment nor have I ever made a bad payment but I continue to receive calls on a daily basis as if a am a bad customer.
              I feel that I should have the right to pay any amout a am comfortable to pay as long as it is the agreed instalment amount or even more than the instalment amount and I should be able to pay anyday of the month as long as it is before the due date.

I am sick and tired of receiving daily calls as though im a bad customer.

Rochester im sure you will loose a lot of customers because of this, no customer would want to be called for this.

I will never buy from you again if this is the type of treatment your customers receive

Oct 17, 2020

Rochester Furniture — Poor service - not getting what we paid for

The Management of Rochester Colin Bresler and the Management team Colin I have written to you on the 15...

Rochester FurnitureCushions went in for repairs to never return

We purchased a couch from Rochester Park Meadows branch last year. Upon noticing that the foam in the cushions was tearing which left visible dents on the couch, I went to report this to the store as the couch was still under warranty. The cushions were collected on the 8th of September 2020 for repairs and to date they have not returned. We have made countless calls to the store and the warehouse enquiring about our cushion but no one has answers for us. I wish I have done my research before buying from them. The service we have received is appalling.

Rochester FurnitureBroken chair and poor service

I bought 2 occasional chairs (bentwood) from the cornubia branch in durban. I when I opened the box for the chairs in my home, I found the front right leg was broken on one of the chairs. I phoned the store the next day, they assured me they will lay a complaint and arrange for the chair to be picked up however I still have the broken chair in my home that is taking up unnecessary space

Broken chair and poor service
                  Broken chair and poor service

Rochester FurniturePoor service and poorepair painful treatment when your not certified

I Cecelia Mohlamme bought a set of headboard and mirror : R7500 on sale in 2months pay, when they deliver, then they tell me they only deliver headboard without the mirror then I must pay extra R8000 for the mirror which they did not tell me anything from the start. I then signed papers for refund they told me about 7-10days but even today I still haven't received my money which I work very hard for. It really breaks my heart to see how they full us with our hard earned money. Please I bag and pray if anybody has mercy please contact (Rochester klerksdorp matlosana mall) I really need my money now nothing else from them but my hard earned money please.

Regards
                    Cecelia Mamohato Mohlamme
                    [protected]

Rochester FurnitureCustomers not wearing masks

Good day
                      I was at you Centurion mall on Saturday 10th October around 10:45 am. There was a customer at the till counter who had his mask on his neck, with his mouth and nose exposed. I was in the store for about 15min and in all that time he was leaning over the counter talking to the cashier. Does your staff realise that covid is spread from droplets from the nose and mouth falling on surfaces as well as transferred to people in close proximity. Your cashier was exposed to this man. The next customer who came to pay would be exposed to this mans droplets. It shocks me that your staff do not realise the importance of wearing a mask in this pandemic. Please ask them to ENFORCE these rules to protect their customers. I hope spot checks are done at these stores.

Rochester FurnitureRequest refund after I settle the debt

I bought the new sofa set at rochester wonder park mall. I settled the payment this year on the 13 july 2020 through nedbank consolidation loan. My initial monthly payment method of r1522 00 was through debit order on the 15th. On the 15 july 2020 the debit order went through as well whereas I settled on the 13th july. Since then I have been calling rochester customer care to get my refund and I have been going to the store to ask for assistance, unfortunately I can get my refund back.
                        I am writing this complaint because it has been 3 months now requesting for my refund and with no luck I am not getting it. I have been promised that they will refund within 7 days
                        Attached is my bank statement that shows the debit order for july 2020

Request refund after I settle the debt

Oct 08, 2020

Rochester Furniture — 2 beds

January 2019 I and my wife bought 3 beds (2 sleep master and 1 Sealy) and Leather couches. I asked the...