Argos / No response, no delivery!

I ordered a wardrobe for my granddaughter - delivery slot chosen 7am-1pm - At 1pm no wardrobe - i rang their customer services 3 times and was told each time word for word - 9it is quite clear that they read from a script), that the order was being delivered by a delivery company Homedirect network and the drivers cannot be contacted. At 3.30 i rang them again still same response - despite requesting their customer service to chase this up and ring me back they did not. I rang the delivery company who tell me their contract with argos is from 8am-7pm which contradicts their delivery policy and what is confirmed when you order. At 7.30pm still no wardrobe - when i rang i was told that they had attempted to deliver at 3pm and put a note through the door - this is a lie and despite the fact that i was ringing them at this time wanting to know where my goods were - no - one knocked at my door and i definitely do not have a note also as the delivery company is closed there is nothing they can do - Also they deliberately put me on hold indefinitely, bearing in mind this is a 0870 number -they have my money but i do not have a wardrobe.

I have checked with advertising standards and they tell me that if a company advertises their delivery information in the catalog but operates a policy outside this then they are in breach. if anyone sees them advertising a timed delivery service on any media apart from their website - report them to www.ASA.org.uk

Jk

Comments

• Ga
      16th of Nov, 2007

Ш went on money supermarket .com to find who had the cheapest digibox . Agros =14.99 so Ш reserved online went to collect to find its 17.99 , it s in the reservation slip that they can charge you what they want in the store you chose. 3 pounds isn't much, its the principle. They got me and many others like me in their shop through deception, if its 17.99 they should say on moneysupermarket.com that price to be honest like other retailer do!

• Ai
      13th of Aug, 2018
    Argos - laptop
    wood green
    United Kingdom

I applied for get money back no for take money out so please send my 15.00 pouds back soon as possible Or I will to police to report this

• Ti