Argos — No response, no delivery!
I ordered a wardrobe for my granddaughter - delivery slot chosen 7am-1pm - At 1pm no wardrobe - i rang their customer services 3 times and was told each time word for word - 9it is quite clear that they read from a script), that the order was being delivered by a delivery company Homedirect network and the drivers cannot be contacted. At 3.30 i rang them again still same response - despite requesting their customer service to chase this up and ring me back they did not. I rang the delivery company who tell me their contract with argos is from 8am-7pm which contradicts their delivery policy and what is confirmed when you order. At 7.30pm still no wardrobe - when i rang i was told that they had attempted to deliver at 3pm and put a note through the door - this is a lie and despite the fact that i was ringing them at this time wanting to know where my goods were - no - one knocked at my door and i definitely do not have a note also as the delivery company is closed there is nothing they can do - Also they deliberately put me on hold indefinitely, bearing in mind this is a 0870 number -they have my money but i do not have a wardrobe.
I have checked with advertising standards and they tell me that if a company advertises their delivery information in the catalog but operates a policy outside this then they are in breach. if anyone sees them advertising a timed delivery service on any media apart from their website - report them to www.ASA.org.uk
More Argos Complaints & Reviews
- Argos - Taking money for products which are not available 
- Argos Ltd - Do Not EVER Work for Argos!!
- Argos - Threatening delivery staff 
- Argos - andrea sofa - appaulling quality 
- Argos - Argos complaint 
- ARGOS Blackpool UK - Argos Staff could not find items I wanted to buy
- Argos Beko Fridge Freezer - Argos
- argos/wharfedale LCD TV/DVD combi - wont exchange 
- Argos Limited - The website
- LG American Fridge freezer purchased at Argos - SHODDY TREATMENT