Having problems with Argos?

Argos Customer Service Contacts

+44 845 640 3030 (Store Queries)
+44 845 640 2020 (Home Delivery Queries)
33 Holborn
Thu7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Argos Customer Service. Initial Argos complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Argos above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Argos. Discuss the issues you have had with Argos and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Argos Complaints & Reviews

Argos — Argos complaint

Dear Sir / Madam, Customer Services Argos Uk Id finally like your reply in writing. I have been passed from...

Argos — argos manager

Hi, I work in Argos, the walthamstow branch. All the employees are not happy with the stockroom manager. so...

Argoswashing machine

i ordered and received a washing machine from argos and paid to have it delivered and fitted. The delivery man said it could not be fitted because the waste pipe was too short. I contacted the council and they sent a plumber who said that was rubbish, the pipe was fine so I had to employ another plumber to fit my washing machine. I am not happy with your delivery mans attituude. I got the feeling he was in a hurry, and didnot want to take time to fit the machine. I hope you can do something about this.

Argos Mobile PhoneBeware! Argos has started distance selling fraud with their customers

I found a Samsung E250 blossom mobile phone listed @ £34.99 with store pick up option at Argos website. I successfully got its reservation (number 296804), also received an email confirmation from Argos that item is available in the store for collection against the above reservation price. After traveling about 15 miles I visited today Charlton Argos with confirmation print of my reservation but to my surprise when staff refused to sell the item @ £34.99 pretending that they are selling only to those customers who are able to spend a further £10. The staff also confirmed that the details of extra £10 are not shown on their website but it is imposed in the stores. I therefore decided not to purchase from such daylight robbers who are the demolishers of the distance selling rules as well as the UK's E-commerce Regulations.

Mrs B. Simon

• Ka
        KARAOKESTAR28LEEDS Dec 29, 2010

I agree with the[censored] and emmett well said.

thebitch Dec 13, 2009

sort ur head out and get with it, as said above the extra ten pounds is a top up which is, like said, imposed by most phone networks, not argos themselves

you would be running back to the store moaning if you got 15 miles (you kidding?) and found that the mobile wouldnt work because you didnt have the credit to activate it

be happy they were trying to save you money on petrol

• Em
        emmet81 Nov 26, 2009

I can see where your coming from but the extra £10 presumably for a top-up is a policy set by the phone companys 02 orange etc. This is to try and deter box breakers (ie people who unlock phones and use a different sim card costing the phone companies thousands.

And you reserved the item not the price. There is different terms and conditions when you buy on the website and not instore even different laws eg distance selling regs etc.
        I blame the fraudsters unlocking their phones.

Sara weller, Managing director of argos

[email protected] shes the ceo, then it will be passed to her executive response team.

ArgosCommunistic employment

I have worked for Argos for a while now and have never worked anywhere else that is as soul destroying as Argos. In the store i work in and position i work in i am on constant call and have had four days off in the last six weeks. Holidays are denied and holiday entitlements go to managers and team leaders first.
      Staff are bullied and forced to hit targets or they get a recorded conversation to discuss why targets are not being met, why customers are waiting, why they are not good enough at their job.
      The store i work in we have just been told that we must obey our chain smoking lazy team leaders and managers or we can leave as we are not entitled to an opinion.
      Therefore work loads are forced onto you from all directions whereas your so called leaders sit back and do nothing.
      Argos is a truly ### company to work for. It smiles at its customers, gives useless insurancewhere you can't get your money back and treats its employees as if the uk was communist russia.
      Truly a dreadful company.

• Ul
          Ulriche Mar 13, 2010

I also work for Argos and have found the company a horrific employer. We're asked to work as hard as our competators but for less money. The company cheekly employs all of it's staff members on part-time hours, limiting their entitlements to holiday, overtime pay and extra hours and then slaps overtime on you or strips you to barely an hour whenever they feel fit. We're also given no or pathetically little bonus after the year is up. If Argos plan on keeping their moral-stricken workforce, they should at least consider upping their paychecks to match their competitors.

ArgosTreating Customers as a ###! Delivery...who knows which days do they deliver???

I have bought a sport equipment for 350 pounds and they simply couldn't deliver it!
        When I was bying it, I have asked the store assistant if it is possible to get it for Saturday. She didn't know and told me I need to ask the warehouse. OK then, i said. Warehouse called me, I asked for Saturday and I have been told that it will be on the system that i am waiting for the first available Saturday. Next phone call...argos again with the same questions coz there was no information in the system that i'm waiting for Saturday. And it was all the same story for 4 times...Can you believe it? At the end of the day, I have spoken to store manager in Slough Observatory and she did not agree to receive the equipment in her store so i could pick it up from there. Reason: "COZ WE DON'T DO IT" She said with a smile! Then she found out that they do not do any Saturday deliveries! Which was a shock coz they told me different!!! Then she said that they DO saturdays but not for all products. Every minute I'm getting different information... Above all on my receipt there was an information about timings for delivery for Mon-Fr and... Saturday!!! She could not explain me this! She was the worst Manager that I know! She did not give a damn about my order and time as I was already waiting 3 weeks for the product and they still couldn't give me they date of delivery!!! IDIOTS
        At the end of the day she told me that she can give me the money back! She was happy to do it.
        The worst store ever!
        I will never ever go there again unless I really have to! They should get a fine for treating customers like that!

• He
            helen claire jones Nov 24, 2009

argos
            where is my delivery, it should have arrived today tuesday 24th november, 2009, between the times of 7.00 am to 6.00 pm. I booked a day of work to receive the parcel, but i am still waiting and am very, very annoyed.

Argossecond hand goods

our baby girl is just 7 weeks old we decided to buy her a playmat from Argos but is a mamas and papas brand so that little bit more expensive and basically it had already been used and taken back to the store itself then sold to use .
          It had stains all over it the toys was missing and the pull tag that you get to activate the battery was gone and there was no batteries as stated on the box it was very bitty and grubby the packaging was cellotaped up as where the bag had split open we took it back but got no apology or anything was just shoved a new one in our way considering it was for a newborn i would of thought these things would have been checked

Jogranger Jul 25, 2009

Quote:
              Originally Posted by A little stressed!!
              Hi, does anyone have a contact number for head office please? I'm getting nowhere with customer services, I'm not trying to make a complaint I'm just trying to get an issue resolved! Or someone really good to ask for at CS because at the moment both myself and Argos are losing out!!

Hi I bought a gorgeous pram/pushchair/travel systemy thing from argos made by quinney buzz, At 7mts preg a lorry smashed me off the road and i went into labour she looked tiny in her pram. Only 2 weeks after having her (she was nearly 4lbs) we were taking her for a walk to the shops 150 yrds from home when the travel system collapsed squashing her and quick thinking my husband got her out swiftly leaving her with only minors cuts and bruises with a situation like this you can get anyones phone number in Argos, and believe me chick I have them all (pen at the ready):

Sales director:Maureen Widness-[protected]
              c.e.o Lisette Grimes-[protected]
              customer sales directornita Martin-[protected] (ex-258 or 3326)
              but the best person I think you should speak to who'll be able to help best in your situation is a lady called Karen Taylor shes customer service manager and deal with everything from sales to complaints and she's very professional
              you can get her on [protected] and ask for Karen Taylor this number is the switch board number and could put you through to anyone you want as its only meant for argos staff.
              Good luck an i hope this helps you out an i'd love to know how you get on

kind regards
              jo granger.

Argos Beko Fridge Freezer — Argos

At 6.48 on 7/03/09 i received a call from the delivery man saying he would be delivering the fridge in one...

London

Argos — staff attitude

Today, and is not the first time, it has happened many times, i have visited Argos in the Broadmead gallerie...

Argos — managements

I work in Argos, the Haringey branch and I think there is favouritism is going on in my work place. All the...

argos/wharfedale LCD TV/DVD combiwont exchange

i purchased an lcd tv for my 6yr olds christmas on dec23rd but when i set it up on chritsmas eve i found the sound of poor quality also at 15" was quite small so i reserved a 22" which was more expensive which i tried to exchange on 26th boxing day but was tols as i had opened the bag with user manual and put batteries in remote this was now 2nd hand and there was no way they would exchange, i feel so frustrated by this and am now left with a tv which is not very good but cost £150 i will definately think again before i shop there again

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

Argos are well within their right to not exchange/refund this item. There is no mechanical fault with the machine, thus no reason to warrant a refund/exchange on the item.

If the packaging is opened/damaged they cannot sell on the product, thus making a loss on profit simply because one person is not happy with the sound quality.

Argos store in East Londonpoor, unprofessional service

Dear customer service,
              I went shopping in East London (stratford) store on 13 December 2008. I bought one TV and other electronic devices and spent about 170 pounds. After shopping, I had difficulties to take 21 inches TV to parking area and also needed help for this.Stratford store staffs were helpful but assistant manager who I assumed was very unprofessional and useless.He told me there was not enough staff and he said I need to manage for myself.By that time, I saw himself free and other staff.I couldn't have a clue what to do and waited after 30 minutes, I begged him that if I could leave the TV behind the counter. Then later he agreed unwillingly.

I would like to suggest you that there should be a service for managing staff to help the customers what they have difficulties in carrying heavy loads.I have one issue for racist also. This assistant manager is black and I feel that I were not black thus why he was behaving like that.

Would you be so kind to take action. I decided I will never go shopping stratford store in the future.
              Thank you, Please send me a letter that he was taken action or email me([protected]@yahoo.co.uk)
              Argos regular customer

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

I highly doubt that race or creed is an issue in this matter. Were you given any reason to assume this?

• Su
                  Sunn Dec 14, 2008

It will be very satisfied if the complaints are taken appropiate action.

Argosno delivery/cancelled

Bought a double bed divan and fridgemaster (And Hoover That was delivered)from Argos. There was enough stock. I paid in full. I also Paid for Saturday delivery. As I work for a living In a New Job I cant do week deliveries. No work no pay.
                Argos
                Wont deliver on a Saturday, Had a wednesday slot after 4 in the afternoon, so I could be there to take the order. Argos didn't deliver as they could only do it in the morning so no delivery took place. Arranged a time for friday 12 Dec. Cancelled on wednessday. No Stock. Computer errors etc. Could only contact me in a weeks time to arrange a new delivery.

This is a month after I paid. The bed was supposed to be delivered in 14 days and the fridge in 14 days.
                I feel robbed.
                I dont think Argos have any intention to deliver my Already paid for bed and fridge. Now I live in a home with no fridge or double bed to sleep on. They wont even replace it with another model. It is costing me a fortune to eat every day as I dont have any where to store food properly and need to pay for expensive take out etc. Not to even mention how uncomfortable it is on a blowup matress.

where is your old bed??

not got any friends or relatives who can store a bit of food or help you out??

you say you ordered a bed, did you order a mattress or where you planning on using the blow up on the divan?? from what ive read here you didnt even have a mattress to put on the bed, now that would be even more uncomfortable!!

14 days for delivery is a guideline and is always based around those willing to be flexible with their time to actually receive the goods. many people will take a few hours off work when it comes to receiving such important goods because it actually matters to them, it reads here as if you would prefer to sleep on a blow-up mattress rather than request a half day off work to receive your lovely new bed

delivery schedules are hard to build when people are crying out about being economic, the delivery services of argos have improved greatly since this and they also offer weekend delivery too

atleast you could vaccuum your home

sam

argos reclining leather sofasubsidence within one month and chair unsafe

i, m complaining on behalf of my daughter, she purchased a leather reclining settee and chair off of argos direct two months ago, after just one months use the settee filling has subsided badly, and the armchair i can only construe as EXTREMELY dangerous as it toppled over on top of her eight year old daughter trapping her underneath, she did complain to argos direct who sent out a homeserve rep, who obviously works for them .his comments where, because there is no physical fault with the filling the settee is o.k even though its sagging after one months use .according to him there is nothing wrong with the totally unstable armchair even though a child cannot sit in it safely .his comments where they are not made to be sturdy, WHAT A BLOODY LOAD OF CODSWALLOP .THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE FROM A HIGH STREET COMPANY .
                  we will be taking this matter further, and my daughter has stated that she is not going to pay for this heap of unsuitable for use item

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

Homeserve are a completely unrelated company from Argos. They get work through us and are contracted to carry out product assessments in a customers home prior to a replacement/refund being agreed.
                      Obviously some degree of weight or use will dislodge the filling in the sofa cushions. How are you to be sure that the child hasn't been jumping around/pulling at the structure of the thing itself?

Argosdamaged goods

We ordered a wardrobe from argos expecting every thing to be in order, however, when we opened the box, the mirror was smashed in many places.Unexceptable! The delivery men were rude and left a trail off mud all up the stairs.The carpet by the front door is ruined, caked with mud.This is beyond a joke and we feel we should be compensated for the damage done to our carpet. Funny how the returns policy says you must send back items in their original packing, when they make the packing so hard to open, you can only rip the box to get the item out, you cant therefore send back the original packing.Argos need to seriously think about the way customers are treated if they want to stay in business.Customers should be compensated on anything ruined in their homes by delivery men.Not only is my carpet ruined(a cream carpet!), but my lightshades were being bashed with the boxes. We had previously ordered a bed from argos, told a date it would be delivered by, then when the date came and went, and we rang to see what had happend we were told it isnt in stock and they cant say when it would be.We had to cancel the order and find a bed elsewhere as we were sleeping on the floor expecting the bed to come by the original date.We gave argos another chance by ordering the wardrobes, only for them to mess it up again. This is one VERY unhappy customer.

• Pa
                        pauceanu lidia Sep 19, 2010

hi!we are intrested about damaged goods and damaged furniture if you have anythinkplease contact me!thank you

Argosdelivery of goods

I Ordered a sofa on 28 August 08, we were told (and its written on the receipt) delivery within 28 days. After 28 days I rang Argos to be told 35 days. After 35 days I rang Argos to be told stock is delayed until 31st October. I rang today 31st October to be told stock is now delayed until 6th December. The customer service team were incredibly rude even talking over me as I was asking questions. They cannot guarentee no further delays and they cannot state how long this could go on for until we receive our goods. I asked how many stock delays they will accept before they tell a customer their goods are unobtainable. Apparently it can go on as long as the customer continues to wait even up to 3 years if necessary!! Great customer service don't you think?

thebitch Dec 13, 2009

did you not think to say ' i dont want to wait' how hard is that!!

replacement? refund??

backbone for one!!!

Argosvery rediculus service

hi,
                        I order a washing machine from harrow argos cost £286.99 on the date of 21/08/08 as per their promise for delivery of my goods within 35 days after plasing my order and after 35 days i have no responce from them so i called them on 0845 no which charge me lot in my mobile bill then they reply on phone that they dont have in stock so it will take more 15 days after 17 days waiting they didnot replyed me even ones so i again call them they said still they dont have in stock so they ask me to chose another washing machine which they have in stock not which i want or cancelled the order or wait for more 2 to 3 months so i cancelled the order now i am waiting for my money and for 60 day per day my laundry bill is aprox 6£ a day so i spent £360 in that just bcoz they dont have stock and i chose argos so please never by from argos

thanks : kuntal patel

thebitch Dec 13, 2009

this is what happens when suppliers cannot meet demands of the customers

thats a bit steep though dont you think, £6 a day on laundry costs! does this mean that all of your family/friends/neighbours couldnt help you with a bit of washing without charging you £6 a day!!

this world is a mess when you cant let a friend use your washing machine

ArgosDelayed Delivery, Undue Stress no Apology

I made a purchase through Argos for my cot and pram. I wanted to buy things early as with the numbness and my SPD) Symphosis Pubis Dysfunction, I found through my last two pregnancies difficulty walking, so wanted to be ready.

I bought them on the 29th of August and was told it will arrive in 21 days. My pram came 10 days after purchase. It was 28 days when I enquired after the cot, as I had not heard from them whatsoever. They apologised and said it was delayed a day, it did not arrive. We called when it did not arrive and was told that it wold come on the 13th October, slightly annoyed we saw we had no choice.

On the 30th of Septembe we received a call to say that it will not arrive until the 27th of November. I was so upset, I said they charged by Debit card all that time and did not allow me to cancel my order. They will not discuss compensation until the item was delivered, when asked could they definitley 100% say the item will arrive then they said categorically no. I felt that this was unacceptable.
                          I asked them for my money back and asked them to come and pick the pram up, they did so by the 1st and said I would receive my money in 3 working days, so I went to purchase the cot from mama and papas they came in 3days and can you believe cheaper. I bought the pram from Amazon and again it arrived within a couple days. I received the money back for the cot but not the pram. Until now I am fighting to get my money back, each time I call I get the run around, and told to write in if I have a problem, there is no complaints procedure.Each time they say its been done and it has not. the bank says I have to fill out a dispute, in the meantime, I have no money because I was reassured the money will be back in my account in three working days from collection. I called up and was told it was refunded on the 7th. I called on the 10th and was told .
                          I used my family money to replace the pram because, I was sure to get my money back. we have no spare money or alternative income, we work and spend what we work for. We have two other children four and five and have been struggling for 2 weeks to get the money back, We wont be wages for another couple of weeks and Argos, seems to think that it is not their problem. 129.99 may not bemuch to some people but to our family it was to get us through the month.

They are so horrible when we call, I cry, my partner talks to them and nothing has been done. I have been to the bank but they advise it can take a few weeks before it is sorted out. Trading standards are also a long winded process. Whatever happens I think I should be compensated for length of time, they have had my money and the undue stress caused. As I write we are concerned as to what will happen this week as last week was such a struggle.

thebitch Dec 13, 2009

no matter who you work for if you actually care about your customers then you wouldnt 'spout' such garbage, you would be honest

i have a hard time believeing that they would tell you to lie to customers, it sounds more like incompetent staff (very few and certainly not all) not having the personal strength within themselves to actually make some moves and investigate a customers enquiry

whatever it told you on the system would be vague at best, and you know that by making a few well placed calls you could find out a lot more information, but no, you're ever so busy that you would 'spout' lies to a customer so you could continue your conversation

you dont work for argos anymore because you have the inability to actually assist customers

complaining about a cot and pram i can understand completly, im glad you got sorted via m&p's, but to be completly fair with you, if your set out on buying m&p goods then i dont think 129.99 is such an issue, yes its a gd bit of money, but again, just to get back to reality, if you cannot afford it dont buy it, if you cannot afford to pay out for such expensive brands then i suggest shopping a little more wisely.. failing that, dont have children, if it is such a struggle to go from week to week then im not sure it was a wise option, apologies if that sounds harsh but the most expensive thing we ever have is children and a mortgage, i dont suggest either unless you can afford it and still have enough change for over payments

• Tr
                              TrickyRich Sep 11, 2009

I used to work for argos and this is the kind of crap they tell their employees to spout, when they say its been delayed by one day it usually means that the original time of 28 days meant that they didnt have the product in stock but are still selling it anyway (something I personally found infuriating) and when they tell you it's been delayed by another day, that usually translates to "still not in stock, but the system hasnt updated to tell us that there will be another 14, 28, 32 days wait for delivery".
                              Needless to say I don't work for them anymore, I would advise anyone against buying large items from argos as their buisness practices in this department are questionable at best and downright criminal to anyone who lives in the real world.

• Ge
                              Geraldine Addison - Dundalk, Co. Louth. Feb 03, 2009

Do totally agree with the lady from Acton, They are SO unhelpful and treat you like its your fault for being annoyed and frustrated, quite upsetting!

• Ge
                              Geraldine Addison - Dundalk, Co. Louth. Feb 03, 2009

Totally agree with this, I have had a HORRIBLE stressful day waiting for a cross trainer to be delivered, they have already made one feeble attempt to deliver it on tuesday the 27th, they called my phone that day 6 times within the space of about 2 minutes and when I got to my phone and called back..NO REPLY! They made no other attempt to find us WHATSOEVER!

Today I have taken a half a days holiday to receive this item which was supposed to be delivered to my address in Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland. between 7am and 12pm and ended up having to take the whole day off as at 12.30 no delivery!

I called the offices of DHL number and I was told the drivers would be contacted and if I wanted to chase it up myself in the mean time I could take the number!!! Is that MY responsibilty as a customer to chase up delivery men?????? Unbelievable. I tried the delivery number but wnet through to voicemail 3 times.

I finally get a call from the absent delivery men at 4 O'clock - They tell me that they called both the mobile phone numbers this morning they were given (my personal and work mobile) to announce the delivery - There were NO missed calls - So a blatent lie..

I at no time recieved an apology from anyone, and when I said this to the delivery man (eho seem to dodge every question I put to him) he said..er well that does happen sometimes???!!! What does that mean???

Furious absolutely furious..Just the general attitude that I was being a hassle all round, and no admission that there was any fault on the side of the delivery guys, Very frustrating!

My sister had to leave her work to go and pick up my children and as I have just arranged this I discover this was a waste of time as well as I am not going to recieve my item today!

I will no have to wait til thursday! Another morning off work!!!

argos store keighleyordering

I went into the Argos shop in keighley to get some bedding for my daughters birthday, being told i had to order it from Argos extra which was no problem and it would arrive the following weds whichwas no problem because her birthday is`nt till the end of the month.
                            The girl on the till TRISH told me it would arrive between 12.oo and 4.00o`clock so i said i would still call in just in case it had been unpacked, but due to unforseen circumstances did not get in till the folowing sat the girl on the customer service desk who was very nice asked for my ticket but trish had not given me one she said that the till was playing up but said that she had put my name on to reserve it .

the assistant looked on the system and to my horror she told me that it had never been ordered in the first place t i still do not think this is very good customerand other stores were out of stock but i could get from LEEDS which is about 20 miles from where i live .
                            The girl on the customer service desk was very nice and did appologise but i think this is not very good customer service from a big store like this in future i will seriously think about using them again

• Ds
                                D Smith Sep 27, 2008

Whilst I see the validity in your complaint you have no right to personally name an employee of a store, you could be done for slander.

ARGOS - SEKONDA — AUTHENTIC OR FAKE

I'VE BOUGHT 2 SEKONDA WATCHES FROM ARGOS THIS YEAR AND BOTH GOT PROBLEMS. ONE, AUTOMATIC, JUST STOPPED...