Having problems with Argos?

+44 845 640 3030 (Store Queries)
+44 845 640 2020 (Home Delivery Queries)
33 Holborn
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Communistic employment

I have worked for Argos for a while now and have never worked anywhere else that is as soul destroying as Argos. In the store i work in and position i work in i am on constant call and have had four days off in the last six weeks. Holidays are denied and holiday entitlements go to managers and team leaders first.
Staff are bullied and forced to hit targets or they get a recorded conversation to discuss why targets are not being met, why customers are waiting, why they are not good enough at their job.
The store i work in we have just been told that we must obey our chain smoking lazy team leaders and managers or we can leave as we are not entitled to an opinion.
Therefore work loads are forced onto you from all directions whereas your so called leaders sit back and do nothing.
Argos is a truly ### company to work for. It smiles at its customers, gives useless insurancewhere you can't get your money back and treats its employees as if the uk was communist russia.
Truly a dreadful company.

• Ul
    Ulriche Mar 13, 2010

I also work for Argos and have found the company a horrific employer. We're asked to work as hard as our competators but for less money. The company cheekly employs all of it's staff members on part-time hours, limiting their entitlements to holiday, overtime pay and extra hours and then slaps overtime on you or strips you to barely an hour whenever they feel fit. We're also given no or pathetically little bonus after the year is up. If Argos plan on keeping their moral-stricken workforce, they should at least consider upping their paychecks to match their competitors.

Treating Customers as a ###! Delivery...who knows which days do they deliver???

I have bought a sport equipment for 350 pounds and they simply couldn't deliver it!
When I was bying it, I have asked the store assistant if it is possible to get it for Saturday. She didn't know and told me I need to ask the warehouse. OK then, i said. Warehouse called me, I asked for Saturday and I have been told that it will be on the system that i am waiting for the first available Saturday. Next phone call...argos again with the same questions coz there was no information in the system that i'm waiting for Saturday. And it was all the same story for 4 times...Can you believe it? At the end of the day, I have spoken to store manager in Slough Observatory and she did not agree to receive the equipment in her store so i could pick it up from there. Reason: "COZ WE DON'T DO IT" She said with a smile! Then she found out that they do not do any Saturday deliveries! Which was a shock coz they told me different!!! Then she said that they DO saturdays but not for all products. Every minute I'm getting different information... Above all on my receipt there was an information about timings for delivery for Mon-Fr and... Saturday!!! She could not explain me this! She was the worst Manager that I know! She did not give a damn about my order and time as I was already waiting 3 weeks for the product and they still couldn't give me they date of delivery!!! IDIOTS
At the end of the day she told me that she can give me the money back! She was happy to do it.
The worst store ever!
I will never ever go there again unless I really have to! They should get a fine for treating customers like that!

• He
    helen claire jones Nov 24, 2009

argos
    where is my delivery, it should have arrived today tuesday 24th november, 2009, between the times of 7.00 am to 6.00 pm. I booked a day of work to receive the parcel, but i am still waiting and am very, very annoyed.

Resolved second hand goods

our baby girl is just 7 weeks old we decided to buy her a playmat from Argos but is a mamas and papas brand so that little bit more expensive and basically it had already been used and taken back to the store itself then sold to use .
It had stains all over it the toys was missing and the pull tag that you get to activate the battery was gone and there was no batteries as stated on the box it was very bitty and grubby the packaging was cellotaped up as where the bag had split open we took it back but got no apology or anything was just shoved a new one in our way considering it was for a newborn i would of thought these things would have been checked

Jogranger Jul 25, 2009

Quote:
    Originally Posted by A little stressed!!
    Hi, does anyone have a contact number for head office please? I'm getting nowhere with customer services, I'm not trying to make a complaint I'm just trying to get an issue resolved! Or someone really good to ask for at CS because at the moment both myself and Argos are losing out!!

Hi I bought a gorgeous pram/pushchair/travel systemy thing from argos made by quinney buzz, At 7mts preg a lorry smashed me off the road and i went into labour she looked tiny in her pram. Only 2 weeks after having her (she was nearly 4lbs) we were taking her for a walk to the shops 150 yrds from home when the travel system collapsed squashing her and quick thinking my husband got her out swiftly leaving her with only minors cuts and bruises with a situation like this you can get anyones phone number in Argos, and believe me chick I have them all (pen at the ready):

Sales director:Maureen Widness-01908 690333
    c.e.o Lisette Grimes-0151 4246161
    customer sales directornita Martin-01785 250000 (ex-258 or 3326)
    but the best person I think you should speak to who'll be able to help best in your situation is a lady called Karen Taylor shes customer service manager and deal with everything from sales to complaints and she's very professional
    you can get her on 01785 250000 and ask for Karen Taylor this number is the switch board number and could put you through to anyone you want as its only meant for argos staff.
    Good luck an i hope this helps you out an i'd love to know how you get on

kind regards
    jo granger.

Argos

At 6.48 on 7/03/09 i received a call from the delivery man saying he would be delivering the fridge in one...

Resolved staff attitude

Today, and is not the first time, it has happened many times, i have visited Argos in the Broadmead gallerie...

Resolved managements

I work in Argos, the Haringey branch and I think there is favouritism is going on in my work place. All the...

Resolved wont exchange

i purchased an lcd tv for my 6yr olds christmas on dec23rd but when i set it up on chritsmas eve i found the sound of poor quality also at 15" was quite small so i reserved a 22" which was more expensive which i tried to exchange on 26th boxing day but was tols as i had opened the bag with user manual and put batteries in remote this was now 2nd hand and there was no way they would exchange, i feel so frustrated by this and am now left with a tv which is not very good but cost £150 i will definately think again before i shop there again

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

Argos are well within their right to not exchange/refund this item. There is no mechanical fault with the machine, thus no reason to warrant a refund/exchange on the item.

If the packaging is opened/damaged they cannot sell on the product, thus making a loss on profit simply because one person is not happy with the sound quality.

Resolved poor, unprofessional service

Dear customer service,
I went shopping in East London (stratford) store on 13 December 2008. I bought one TV and other electronic devices and spent about 170 pounds. After shopping, I had difficulties to take 21 inches TV to parking area and also needed help for this.Stratford store staffs were helpful but assistant manager who I assumed was very unprofessional and useless.He told me there was not enough staff and he said I need to manage for myself.By that time, I saw himself free and other staff.I couldn't have a clue what to do and waited after 30 minutes, I begged him that if I could leave the TV behind the counter. Then later he agreed unwillingly.

I would like to suggest you that there should be a service for managing staff to help the customers what they have difficulties in carrying heavy loads.I have one issue for racist also. This assistant manager is black and I feel that I were not black thus why he was behaving like that.

Would you be so kind to take action. I decided I will never go shopping stratford store in the future.
Thank you, Please send me a letter that he was taken action or email me([protected]@yahoo.co.uk)
Argos regular customer

• Su
    Sunn Dec 14, 2008

It will be very satisfied if the complaints are taken appropiate action.

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

I highly doubt that race or creed is an issue in this matter. Were you given any reason to assume this?

Resolved no delivery/cancelled

Bought a double bed divan and fridgemaster (And Hoover That was delivered)from Argos. There was enough stock. I paid in full. I also Paid for Saturday delivery. As I work for a living In a New Job I cant do week deliveries. No work no pay.
Argos
Wont deliver on a Saturday, Had a wednesday slot after 4 in the afternoon, so I could be there to take the order. Argos didn't deliver as they could only do it in the morning so no delivery took place. Arranged a time for friday 12 Dec. Cancelled on wednessday. No Stock. Computer errors etc. Could only contact me in a weeks time to arrange a new delivery.

This is a month after I paid. The bed was supposed to be delivered in 14 days and the fridge in 14 days.
I feel robbed.
I dont think Argos have any intention to deliver my Already paid for bed and fridge. Now I live in a home with no fridge or double bed to sleep on. They wont even replace it with another model. It is costing me a fortune to eat every day as I dont have any where to store food properly and need to pay for expensive take out etc. Not to even mention how uncomfortable it is on a blowup matress.

Sara weller, Managing director of argos

[email protected] shes the ceo, then it will be passed to her executive response team.

where is your old bed??

not got any friends or relatives who can store a bit of food or help you out??

you say you ordered a bed, did you order a mattress or where you planning on using the blow up on the divan?? from what ive read here you didnt even have a mattress to put on the bed, now that would be even more uncomfortable!!

14 days for delivery is a guideline and is always based around those willing to be flexible with their time to actually receive the goods. many people will take a few hours off work when it comes to receiving such important goods because it actually matters to them, it reads here as if you would prefer to sleep on a blow-up mattress rather than request a half day off work to receive your lovely new bed

delivery schedules are hard to build when people are crying out about being economic, the delivery services of argos have improved greatly since this and they also offer weekend delivery too

atleast you could vaccuum your home

subsidence within one month and chair unsafe

i, m complaining on behalf of my daughter, she purchased a leather reclining settee and chair off of argos direct two months ago, after just one months use the settee filling has subsided badly, and the armchair i can only construe as EXTREMELY dangerous as it toppled over on top of her eight year old daughter trapping her underneath, she did complain to argos direct who sent out a homeserve rep, who obviously works for them .his comments where, because there is no physical fault with the filling the settee is o.k even though its sagging after one months use .according to him there is nothing wrong with the totally unstable armchair even though a child cannot sit in it safely .his comments where they are not made to be sturdy, WHAT A BLOODY LOAD OF CODSWALLOP .THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE FROM A HIGH STREET COMPANY .
we will be taking this matter further, and my daughter has stated that she is not going to pay for this heap of unsuitable for use item

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

Homeserve are a completely unrelated company from Argos. They get work through us and are contracted to carry out product assessments in a customers home prior to a replacement/refund being agreed.
    Obviously some degree of weight or use will dislodge the filling in the sofa cushions. How are you to be sure that the child hasn't been jumping around/pulling at the structure of the thing itself?

damaged goods

We ordered a wardrobe from argos expecting every thing to be in order, however, when we opened the box, the mirror was smashed in many places.Unexceptable! The delivery men were rude and left a trail off mud all up the stairs.The carpet by the front door is ruined, caked with mud.This is beyond a joke and we feel we should be compensated for the damage done to our carpet. Funny how the returns policy says you must send back items in their original packing, when they make the packing so hard to open, you can only rip the box to get the item out, you cant therefore send back the original packing.Argos need to seriously think about the way customers are treated if they want to stay in business.Customers should be compensated on anything ruined in their homes by delivery men.Not only is my carpet ruined(a cream carpet!), but my lightshades were being bashed with the boxes. We had previously ordered a bed from argos, told a date it would be delivered by, then when the date came and went, and we rang to see what had happend we were told it isnt in stock and they cant say when it would be.We had to cancel the order and find a bed elsewhere as we were sleeping on the floor expecting the bed to come by the original date.We gave argos another chance by ordering the wardrobes, only for them to mess it up again. This is one VERY unhappy customer.

• Pa
    pauceanu lidia Sep 19, 2010

hi!we are intrested about damaged goods and damaged furniture if you have anythinkplease contact me!thank you

delivery of goods

I Ordered a sofa on 28 August 08, we were told (and its written on the receipt) delivery within 28 days. After 28 days I rang Argos to be told 35 days. After 35 days I rang Argos to be told stock is delayed until 31st October. I rang today 31st October to be told stock is now delayed until 6th December. The customer service team were incredibly rude even talking over me as I was asking questions. They cannot guarentee no further delays and they cannot state how long this could go on for until we receive our goods. I asked how many stock delays they will accept before they tell a customer their goods are unobtainable. Apparently it can go on as long as the customer continues to wait even up to 3 years if necessary!! Great customer service don't you think?

thebitch Dec 13, 2009

did you not think to say ' i dont want to wait' how hard is that!!

replacement? refund??

backbone for one!!!

very rediculus service

hi,
I order a washing machine from harrow argos cost £286.99 on the date of 21/08/08 as per their promise for delivery of my goods within 35 days after plasing my order and after 35 days i have no responce from them so i called them on 0845 no which charge me lot in my mobile bill then they reply on phone that they dont have in stock so it will take more 15 days after 17 days waiting they didnot replyed me even ones so i again call them they said still they dont have in stock so they ask me to chose another washing machine which they have in stock not which i want or cancelled the order or wait for more 2 to 3 months so i cancelled the order now i am waiting for my money and for 60 day per day my laundry bill is aprox 6£ a day so i spent £360 in that just bcoz they dont have stock and i chose argos so please never by from argos

thanks : kuntal patel

thebitch Dec 13, 2009

this is what happens when suppliers cannot meet demands of the customers

thats a bit steep though dont you think, £6 a day on laundry costs! does this mean that all of your family/friends/neighbours couldnt help you with a bit of washing without charging you £6 a day!!

this world is a mess when you cant let a friend use your washing machine

Delayed Delivery, Undue Stress no Apology

I made a purchase through Argos for my cot and pram. I wanted to buy things early as with the numbness and my SPD) Symphosis Pubis Dysfunction, I found through my last two pregnancies difficulty walking, so wanted to be ready.

I bought them on the 29th of August and was told it will arrive in 21 days. My pram came 10 days after purchase. It was 28 days when I enquired after the cot, as I had not heard from them whatsoever. They apologised and said it was delayed a day, it did not arrive. We called when it did not arrive and was told that it wold come on the 13th October, slightly annoyed we saw we had no choice.

On the 30th of Septembe we received a call to say that it will not arrive until the 27th of November. I was so upset, I said they charged by Debit card all that time and did not allow me to cancel my order. They will not discuss compensation until the item was delivered, when asked could they definitley 100% say the item will arrive then they said categorically no. I felt that this was unacceptable.
I asked them for my money back and asked them to come and pick the pram up, they did so by the 1st and said I would receive my money in 3 working days, so I went to purchase the cot from mama and papas they came in 3days and can you believe cheaper. I bought the pram from Amazon and again it arrived within a couple days. I received the money back for the cot but not the pram. Until now I am fighting to get my money back, each time I call I get the run around, and told to write in if I have a problem, there is no complaints procedure.Each time they say its been done and it has not. the bank says I have to fill out a dispute, in the meantime, I have no money because I was reassured the money will be back in my account in three working days from collection. I called up and was told it was refunded on the 7th. I called on the 10th and was told .
I used my family money to replace the pram because, I was sure to get my money back. we have no spare money or alternative income, we work and spend what we work for. We have two other children four and five and have been struggling for 2 weeks to get the money back, We wont be wages for another couple of weeks and Argos, seems to think that it is not their problem. 129.99 may not bemuch to some people but to our family it was to get us through the month.

They are so horrible when we call, I cry, my partner talks to them and nothing has been done. I have been to the bank but they advise it can take a few weeks before it is sorted out. Trading standards are also a long winded process. Whatever happens I think I should be compensated for length of time, they have had my money and the undue stress caused. As I write we are concerned as to what will happen this week as last week was such a struggle.

• Ge
    Geraldine Addison - Dundalk, Co. Louth. Feb 03, 2009

Totally agree with this, I have had a HORRIBLE stressful day waiting for a cross trainer to be delivered, they have already made one feeble attempt to deliver it on tuesday the 27th, they called my phone that day 6 times within the space of about 2 minutes and when I got to my phone and called back..NO REPLY! They made no other attempt to find us WHATSOEVER!

Today I have taken a half a days holiday to receive this item which was supposed to be delivered to my address in Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland. between 7am and 12pm and ended up having to take the whole day off as at 12.30 no delivery!

I called the offices of DHL number and I was told the drivers would be contacted and if I wanted to chase it up myself in the mean time I could take the number!!! Is that MY responsibilty as a customer to chase up delivery men?????? Unbelievable. I tried the delivery number but wnet through to voicemail 3 times.

I finally get a call from the absent delivery men at 4 O'clock - They tell me that they called both the mobile phone numbers this morning they were given (my personal and work mobile) to announce the delivery - There were NO missed calls - So a blatent lie..

I at no time recieved an apology from anyone, and when I said this to the delivery man (eho seem to dodge every question I put to him) he said..er well that does happen sometimes???!!! What does that mean???

Furious absolutely furious..Just the general attitude that I was being a hassle all round, and no admission that there was any fault on the side of the delivery guys, Very frustrating!

My sister had to leave her work to go and pick up my children and as I have just arranged this I discover this was a waste of time as well as I am not going to recieve my item today!

I will no have to wait til thursday! Another morning off work!!!

• Ge
    Geraldine Addison - Dundalk, Co. Louth. Feb 03, 2009

Do totally agree with the lady from Acton, They are SO unhelpful and treat you like its your fault for being annoyed and frustrated, quite upsetting!

• Tr
    TrickyRich Sep 11, 2009

I used to work for argos and this is the kind of crap they tell their employees to spout, when they say its been delayed by one day it usually means that the original time of 28 days meant that they didnt have the product in stock but are still selling it anyway (something I personally found infuriating) and when they tell you it's been delayed by another day, that usually translates to "still not in stock, but the system hasnt updated to tell us that there will be another 14, 28, 32 days wait for delivery".
    Needless to say I don't work for them anymore, I would advise anyone against buying large items from argos as their buisness practices in this department are questionable at best and downright criminal to anyone who lives in the real world.

thebitch Dec 13, 2009

no matter who you work for if you actually care about your customers then you wouldnt 'spout' such garbage, you would be honest

i have a hard time believeing that they would tell you to lie to customers, it sounds more like incompetent staff (very few and certainly not all) not having the personal strength within themselves to actually make some moves and investigate a customers enquiry

whatever it told you on the system would be vague at best, and you know that by making a few well placed calls you could find out a lot more information, but no, you're ever so busy that you would 'spout' lies to a customer so you could continue your conversation

you dont work for argos anymore because you have the inability to actually assist customers

complaining about a cot and pram i can understand completly, im glad you got sorted via m&p's, but to be completly fair with you, if your set out on buying m&p goods then i dont think 129.99 is such an issue, yes its a gd bit of money, but again, just to get back to reality, if you cannot afford it dont buy it, if you cannot afford to pay out for such expensive brands then i suggest shopping a little more wisely.. failing that, dont have children, if it is such a struggle to go from week to week then im not sure it was a wise option, apologies if that sounds harsh but the most expensive thing we ever have is children and a mortgage, i dont suggest either unless you can afford it and still have enough change for over payments

ordering

I went into the Argos shop in keighley to get some bedding for my daughters birthday, being told i had to order it from Argos extra which was no problem and it would arrive the following weds whichwas no problem because her birthday is`nt till the end of the month.
The girl on the till TRISH told me it would arrive between 12.oo and 4.00o`clock so i said i would still call in just in case it had been unpacked, but due to unforseen circumstances did not get in till the folowing sat the girl on the customer service desk who was very nice asked for my ticket but trish had not given me one she said that the till was playing up but said that she had put my name on to reserve it .

the assistant looked on the system and to my horror she told me that it had never been ordered in the first place t i still do not think this is very good customerand other stores were out of stock but i could get from LEEDS which is about 20 miles from where i live .
The girl on the customer service desk was very nice and did appologise but i think this is not very good customer service from a big store like this in future i will seriously think about using them again

• Ds
    D Smith Sep 27, 2008

Whilst I see the validity in your complaint you have no right to personally name an employee of a store, you could be done for slander.

AUTHENTIC OR FAKE

I'VE BOUGHT 2 SEKONDA WATCHES FROM ARGOS THIS YEAR AND BOTH GOT PROBLEMS. ONE, AUTOMATIC, JUST STOPPED...

delivery

My son ordered on line from argos a washing machine HEC 1050 1.000 spin it arrived this morning but the two men delivering it said they could not take it upstairs as theydid not have time. They left it with my son in a communial hallway so as there was nobody around to move it he had to carry it up one flight of stairs on his own. on his way to work he called in to the local bakery and mentioned what had happened to the lady and she said two men called to get a sandwich at about 10.30 same description as my son had told her. it seems they had no time to deliver the machine as arranged but could find time to go to the bakers.my son hurt his back getting the machine upstairs he had no choice as it was a health and safety issue leaving it where the men had left it. I am very upset my son had to struggle on his own.yours faithfully MRS SUSAN DAVIES .

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

Delivery drivers are actually employed by DHL or Home Delivery Network NOT ARGOS!

They are also not insured by the company to lift/transport things up stairs in customers homes.

How do you know the drivers had time to go to the bakers?

Dear oh dear.

• Ih
    ihatebadservice Jan 21, 2011

We will never ever go to Argos again for home delivery. To cut a long story short, delivery men (x2) wiped greasy hands all over the walls on the stairway when moving a mattress from the van into the house. When they got the mattress upstairs they then proceeded to take PHOTOGRAPHS of the bedrooms!!! They said it was for evidence that the house has small rooms and they had difficulties getting the mattress up the stairs, so would report this to their managers. I will leave it to your imagination as to WHY they were taking photographs, my partner asked them to stop and they refused. I rang Argos today and asked if it was common practice/policy for their drivers to take photos of inside the house (and were found out), they refused to comment. To be continued...
    Anyone else who has had similar experiences, please add to this.

• Co
    Cookie1502 Mar 24, 2015

I COULD NOT ACCEPT AN ARGOS DELIVERY LAST FRIDAY 20TH MARCH, HAVING WAITED ALMOST 7 WEEKS FOR IT TO ARRIVE. THEY RESCHEDULED DELIVERY FOR 30TH MARCH, I CONTACTED THEM AND ADVISE THEM "NO WAY" I WANTED DELIVERY ASAP., I REQUESTED TO SPEAK WITH A MANAGER URGENTLY AND THAT IF I WAS NOT GETTING MY DELIVERY ASAP I WANTED A FULL REFUND. THE GIRL IN CUSTOMER SERVICE WENT OFF THE LINE AND CAME BACK TO ME 2 MINUTES LATER AND WAS ADVISED ME THAT THE TRANSPORT COMPANY WOULD CONTACT ME MON 23RD/TUES 24TH MARCH TO ARRANGE DELIVERY FOR WED 25TH/THURS 26TH MARCH. I PHONED ARGOS TODAY TO ASK WHY I HAD NOT HEARD FROM THE TRANSPORT COMPANY, HAVING BEEN THROWN FROM ONE PERSON TO THE NEXT I WAS EVENTUALLY TOLD I WAS GETTING DELIVERY ON MONDAY 30TH MARCH 2015. SO I WAS BLATANTLY LIED TO BY THE WOMAN IN CUSTOMER SERVICES ABOUT MY DELIVERY. I FIND THAT BEHAVIOUR DISGUSTING, LIES WAS WHAT IT WAS. NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ARGOS AGAIN. MOST UNHELPFUL BUNCH OF PEOPLE I EVER HAD THE UNFORTUNATE TO ENCOUNTER.

• To
    TomPete Aug 11, 2015

Similar problem with 2 delivery guys delivering a washing machine. 2 guys from Manchester. Attitude straight off bringing machine up a flight of stairs and I had cleared old machine out of the way so they had a straight run. The bigger one making sarcastic comments about my accent, what a laugh, he was broad Mancunian himself, rolling his eyes at his mate, broke wall socket and then said it was already broken, it wasn't, had to give them superglue to mend it...took ages. Then proceeded to photograph a slight tear in lino which was already there commenting that was just in case I made a claim against them. Whether they were employed by Argos or a carrier acting on their behalf they shame the Argos name but these 2 duffers certainly didn't and don't care. They won't be crossing my doorstep again because I won't get such items from Argos.

the lady who was on till

hi i went to the shop 2day to take back this toy what i bought for ma son on friday. ive losted my recepit but the product stil ad sticker on it so u cud tell it was theres. the lady called leanne on the till was very rude to me n wouldnt change or take the product bk as i ad opened the box to see if my son liked the product as it was to babyish 4 him i thought id take it bk as u av 28 days but in this case this leanne was very abrupt n she was shouting at me n trying to make me argue wiv her i sed im not showing my self up so she got louder as a shop that was full it made me look bad as she was very rude ive never bin so shocked in ma life i wil never shop they again as the lady on the til was outrageious n i felt that if u buy a product n not happy wiv it u cud take it bk wiv in 28 days i av bank papers t prove i bought it so cudnt see the problem she was trying t start trouble n i thought if u worked in a shop u wasnt allowerd t shout and argue at the custmer.. i wouldnt mind the product was only 20.00 pound i would av bin happy wiv a voucher to get my 4 year old boy something eles that would be suitable 4 his age as this toy was not. im digusted wiv her attiutuide against me.. i wil b telling every one never to shop at keighley argos again as the staff are not helpful at all..

• Ni
    nick Aug 04, 2008

ive been to this keighley argos store and ive had the same problem its seems to be keighley staff and that leanne i have dealt with in the past and she has a bad attiude with the public. im glad some one eles has had the same rough time as me. i wont be going to that shop again.

• Ru
    RUBY Aug 12, 2008

I've had the same problem about 6 months ago. I dont know what the staff member was called but she had short blonde hair. I went to return something i bought for £50 and wanted to return it as it was damaged and she basically said to me that I should have checked it before taking it out of the shop. I have never shopped from argos since then.

• Ds
    D Smith Sep 27, 2008

I find this complaint extremely insulting, how dare you mention an employee's name personally on a public website in such a slanderous way. I work on customer services in retail and whilst not all are perfect we have to do our jobs with limiting policies that have been set by the company. If you have a complaint have the balls to go into store and complain or at least write a letter of complaint to Argos H/O or store. I hope you get done for slander if you get caught!

argos complaint ??

• Mb
    mbss.435677 May 14, 2010

I don't know about your problem at Argos but your writing, spelling & grammer are all dreadful.

Do not buy

Do not bother buying a service washing machine. My first service lasted me twelve years. After wasting my money on whirlpool and hotpoint thought i would go back to service... BIG MISTAKE!!! It lasted 19 days, they cant get an engineer out for four weeks and they don't care. Their customer services is sooo bad. Two weeks of phone calls getting nowhere. Spent at least an hour on the phone to them daily, got back in touch with argos where i bought it and they are going to replace it, no problem. They are even going to cover the cost of the laundrette bills.

• Fa
    Faisal Aug 04, 2008

Yes I am agree. Please I suggest everybody donot buy anything from ARGOS. I ordered leather sofas on 22 May and they gave me 06 August 2008 as a delivery date. Now they send me another letter for stock delay and promised me to deliver these after 31 August 2008. It really cause me distress and uncomfort. They are still not sure that they will deliver me on 31 August. Its more than 2 months. I am really upset and will never ever buy anything again from ARGOS. That's for sure!!!

• Ar
    argosrules Feb 15, 2009

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

• Ar
    argosrules Feb 15, 2009

hahahahahahahahaahahahahhaahhahahahaahahhaha

Iced Earth Jun 20, 2009

Firstly Argosrules: Get a grip!

Secondly, You are blaming Argos for your washing machine breaking down which was BUILT, parts SOURCED and SUPPLIED by Service?

Why not take the matter to Service themselves? As Argos simply sold it on to you on behalf of them?

appaulling quality

Just over a year ago we purchased the Andria sofa package from Argos direct. When they arrived everything...