Menu
Argos company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

99 complaints
37 resolved 62 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Argos. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
12:18 pm

Argos - SHODDY TREATMENT

I purchased an American style fridge freezer on August 16th 2009. When it was delivered both doors were damaged. And we asked for a reduction in the price. We paid almost £800.00 for it, but we were offered just £30.00 which we declined we were then offered repalcement doors instead which we accepted. I waited until October for delivery of one door, the second door did not arrive with it, so I telephoned again and was promised delivery the next day, however after many, many more telephone calls, I did not receive delivery of the second door until 21st November 2009. During this time the doors were in our entrance hall and we had to climb over them to get into our room On the 23rd November I received a telephone call telling me to ring a local company who would fit the doors for me, when I rang them asking for an appointment and asking if they would remove the damaged doors at the same time I was told they would not. (these doors are almost 6 feet high). I then rang Argos again who said that it was our responsibility to have the doors removed. This assistant was abusive on the phone and declined to put me through to an assistant that I had dealt with earlier, I then asked to be put in touch with someone more senior who would be able to help me, when I spoke to "A manager", she had obviously discussed my case with the previous assistant who continued with the same advice, that I would indeed have to remove the doors myself. Eventually after my insistance that the goods were faulty, and that it was not my responsibility to have to employ a removal company to discard them, she said they would pay £40.00 towards the removal of the doors. Is it satisfactory that I should have to arrange removal myself, and what if the cost exceeds £40.00? I am disgusted with this shoddy treatment, the amount of money it has cost me to phone both Argos and LG ( the manufacturer) probably has exceeded £40.00 anyway. I have contacted trading standards and am waiting for their intervention. The doors still remain in my hall and have not been fitted. I should not have to be spoken to in an abusive manner, by a member of staff including the manager, or be left hanging on the end of a phone line. Can anyone advise me. The best thing I can do is never buy anything more from them again, and I will advise others to do the same. However that does not sort out my immediate problem. I am unable to find a complaints department for Argos, and I am not on my own judging by the amount of complaints I have found.

F
Nov 27, 2009 7:46 am

How about emailing them from their Customer Services area on their website - See link below. Hopefully it will work for you :

Argos - Fraud and Scam

This company - Argos Sports (UK) Ltd have taken my money, and not sent the goods. They are uncontactable- I have written, emailed and telephoned, and had no reply. They appear to be doing the same thing with many other customers - (see complaints on comparestoreprices.co.uk)

2 comments
U

We are UK Table Tennis, sole authorised importer of Cornilleau Table Tennis Equipment, and Argos Sports was a distributor of ours. They also owe us money for invoices dating back to mid September and we believe this is around the time they stopped transferring customer orders to their suppliers. Their website has now been closed down but if you purchased goods from them and have not yet received anything then I recommend you get in touch with your bank and local trading standards office.

Details of the directors of this company are available by searching the Companies House website.

Q
Nov 13, 2009 8:47 am

This has also happened to me. on 26th oct i ordered a snooker table for £69.99. nothing has been delivered. i cannot contact them. there business address is boarded up. the website is still active and taking peoples money. i have reported this to my bank.

11:14 am

Argos - Unprofessional

Do not even get me started on the unprofessionality of this company. Two weeks ago I had a fridge delivered be two lovely delivery men early morning charming guys. After they left I found that my Nintendo DS and 40 cash had left with them also! Called the police obviously and called argos to advise that they have these kind of people entering customers housing on their behalf. The first manager I spoke to was lovely and advised that they would investigate and replace my items which I thought was generous and fair. Since then everytime I've rung I have been advised that someone will call back within 48 hrs or by 8pm the usual mumbo jumbo. As far as I know the delivery men have been arrested but argos are still allowing them to deliver! Last night I finally got through to the rudest man I have ever spoken to (now i would like to point out I have never sworn, raised my voice or anything to a customer services rep) came on the line and shouted at me as he told me the police would sort it out and I am getting nothing from them as they had arranged for DHL to deliver on their behalf. Unfortunately for that young man I know his name and department and now I know the name of the CEO I am going to make sure he knows just how unprofessional his staff are.

L
5:29 pm

Argos - Late delivery

I ordered a new bed with matching bedside tables and chest of drawers from Argos on 27th July 07. I was told it would be on a 5 week delivery. I waited and waited! To cut a long story short i kept receiving letters saying it was out of stock and to ring to get a new delivery date. By the first week of november i finally received a phone call saying my bed and mattress was ready but nothing else, so did i want the bed delivered. I said yes. On the morning it was due to turn up, the delivery men arrived with my bed and a box saying chest of drawers. Whilst waiting for family to come to help me put everything together i emptied my existing chest of drawers in a rush(as i hadnt been expecting my chest of drawers on that day-everyone would have done the same!) i just quickly threw everything in black bags. When my family arrived we got rid of my old bed and chest of drawers. I live in a small one bedroom house so we had to move the old stuff out straight away to fit the new stuff in! After opening the box labelled chest of drawers, we realised some of it was missing. I rang the helpline who said-oh yes we only had some of it in so we just sent you what we had! I then had to live out of black bags until i finally had the rest of the delivery 30th nov. The bed i ordered was a wooden storage bed and all the bases of the drawers were too big-i was advised by argos they had no more in to send me, so i had to send the drawers off to a carpenter who had to cut them down to fit. so i had no drawers at all for another couple of weeks!

Dec 13, 2009 5:50 pm

not a single part of you thought 'lets check its all there' before you went all nutty with the black bags?

you thought that far ahead to move your clothing and move stuff out of the way that not a single person between you and your family members thought even for one second to check the parts were all there?

doesnt the entire existence of the 'flat pack' teach us all to check that you have all the correct screws and fittings before you get started!

i am amazed that you needed a carpenter to cut down the drawer bases, thats simply hilarious, not a single member of your family owns a saw? not a single relative is a fan of DIY, nobody knows anyone who would possibly be a joiner?

sent off to a carpenter, thats the best thing ive read in ages, well done

8:25 pm

Argos - sectarian

i went to argos to buy a bed, i then went to the counter and i placed my order.i was asked my name and i said justin oneill.the counter attendant smirked and asked how would you spell that .after several non existant oneill spellings..i told him.i asked has he never heared of that spelling..its the biggist name in ulster.he said no?..my order was not in stock and i was told they cant sell me anything thats not in stock.which i believe.i picked another bed.i stood for a while and the guy previous that took my order wispered to a another guy that then served me.i was told to take a till right beside an other employee that was fixing a light.the employee took my order and same again asked me to spell my name.the all laughed.i really find it hard to believe that anyone from ulster, northern ireland cant spell one of the biggest names.sports pages oneills on every gaelic top.not to mention surfing, skiing, i just happen to have a name thats been in clonflict with their past..because of this i was treated like a second class citizen ...nothing will come of this.but if it happens again please bring this up ..

View 0 more photos

10:15 am

Argos - Buggy

I purchaed a koochi galveston stroller from Argos. I have twice been stranded at the supermarket when it will not fold away. After contacting the c/s dept I was given a returns number and asked to take it back to the store. The store manager advised me that I was folding the chair incorrectly because upon there testing it would go up and down. To me this is unfit for purpose because it is jamming. Regardless of whether they can put it up and down in store. The product is not fit for purpose if it is jamming sometimes and leaving me stranded.
Refund was denied.

12:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir / Madam, Customer Services Argos Uk Id finally like your reply in writing. I have been passed from pilar to post, spoken to customer services, stores etc. Is not good enough. Each time i have called in i never recieved the call back i have asked for. Why have a customer service team if all blame and enquirys are passed back to a store for them to...

A
8:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I work in Argos, the walthamstow branch. All the employees are not happy with the stockroom manager. so how to staff complained abot it? Thanks Barath

Argos - washing machine

i ordered and received a washing machine from argos and paid to have it delivered and fitted. The delivery man said it could not be fitted because the waste pipe was too short. I contacted the council and they sent a plumber who said that was rubbish, the pipe was fine so I had to employ another plumber to fit my washing machine. I am not happy with your delivery mans attituude. I got the feeling he was in a hurry, and didnot want to take time to fit the machine. I hope you can do something about this.

2:06 pm

Argos - Beware! Argos has started distance selling fraud with their customers

I found a Samsung E250 blossom mobile phone listed @ £34.99 with store pick up option at Argos website. I successfully got its reservation (number 296804), also received an email confirmation from Argos that item is available in the store for collection against the above reservation price. After traveling about 15 miles I visited today Charlton Argos with confirmation print of my reservation but to my surprise when staff refused to sell the item @ £34.99 pretending that they are selling only to those customers who are able to spend a further £10. The staff also confirmed that the details of extra £10 are not shown on their website but it is imposed in the stores. I therefore decided not to purchase from such daylight robbers who are the demolishers of the distance selling rules as well as the UK's E-commerce Regulations.

Mrs B. Simon

4 comments
K
Dec 29, 2010 6:20 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I agree with the[censored] and emmett well said.

Dec 13, 2009 5:22 pm

sort ur head out and get with it, as said above the extra ten pounds is a top up which is, like said, imposed by most phone networks, not argos themselves

you would be running back to the store moaning if you got 15 miles (you kidding?) and found that the mobile wouldnt work because you didnt have the credit to activate it

be happy they were trying to save you money on petrol

E
Nov 26, 2009 3:15 pm

I can see where your coming from but the extra £10 presumably for a top-up is a policy set by the phone companys 02 orange etc. This is to try and deter box breakers (ie people who unlock phones and use a different sim card costing the phone companies thousands.

And you reserved the item not the price. There is different terms and conditions when you buy on the website and not instore even different laws eg distance selling regs etc.
I blame the fraudsters unlocking their phones.

Sep 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi

email:
Sara weller, Managing director of argos

[email protected] shes the ceo, then it will be passed to her executive response team.

thanks

sam

8:11 am

Argos - Communistic employment

I have worked for Argos for a while now and have never worked anywhere else that is as soul destroying as Argos. In the store i work in and position i work in i am on constant call and have had four days off in the last six weeks. Holidays are denied and holiday entitlements go to managers and team leaders first.
Staff are bullied and forced to hit targets or they get a recorded conversation to discuss why targets are not being met, why customers are waiting, why they are not good enough at their job.
The store i work in we have just been told that we must obey our chain smoking lazy team leaders and managers or we can leave as we are not entitled to an opinion.
Therefore work loads are forced onto you from all directions whereas your so called leaders sit back and do nothing.
Argos is a truly ### company to work for. It smiles at its customers, gives useless insurancewhere you can't get your money back and treats its employees as if the uk was communist russia.
Truly a dreadful company.

U
Mar 13, 2010 8:35 pm

I also work for Argos and have found the company a horrific employer. We're asked to work as hard as our competators but for less money. The company cheekly employs all of it's staff members on part-time hours, limiting their entitlements to holiday, overtime pay and extra hours and then slaps overtime on you or strips you to barely an hour whenever they feel fit. We're also given no or pathetically little bonus after the year is up. If Argos plan on keeping their moral-stricken workforce, they should at least consider upping their paychecks to match their competitors.

E
5:11 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Argos - Treating Customers as a ###! Delivery...who knows which days do they deliver???

I have bought a sport equipment for 350 pounds and they simply couldn't deliver it!
When I was bying it, I have asked the store assistant if it is possible to get it for Saturday. She didn't know and told me I need to ask the warehouse. OK then, i said. Warehouse called me, I asked for Saturday and I have been told that it will be on the system that i am waiting for the first available Saturday. Next phone call...argos again with the same questions coz there was no information in the system that i'm waiting for Saturday. And it was all the same story for 4 times...Can you believe it? At the end of the day, I have spoken to store manager in Slough Observatory and she did not agree to receive the equipment in her store so i could pick it up from there. Reason: "COZ WE DON'T DO IT" She said with a smile! Then she found out that they do not do any Saturday deliveries! Which was a shock coz they told me different! Then she said that they DO saturdays but not for all products. Every minute I'm getting different information... Above all on my receipt there was an information about timings for delivery for Mon-Fr and... Saturday! She could not explain me this! She was the worst Manager that I know! She did not give a damn about my order and time as I was already waiting 3 weeks for the product and they still couldn't give me they date of delivery! IDIOTS
At the end of the day she told me that she can give me the money back! She was happy to do it.
The worst store ever!
I will never ever go there again unless I really have to! They should get a fine for treating customers like that!

H

argos
where is my delivery, it should have arrived today tuesday 24th november, 2009, between the times of 7.00 am to 6.00 pm. I booked a day of work to receive the parcel, but i am still waiting and am very, very annoyed.

9:33 am

Argos - second hand goods

our baby girl is just 7 weeks old we decided to buy her a playmat from Argos but is a mamas and papas brand so that little bit more expensive and basically it had already been used and taken back to the store itself then sold to use .
It had stains all over it the toys was missing and the pull tag that you get to activate the battery was gone and there was no batteries as stated on the box it was very bitty and grubby the packaging was cellotaped up as where the bag had split open we took it back but got no apology or anything was just shoved a new one in our way considering it was for a newborn i would of thought these things would have been checked

Jul 25, 2009 7:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little stressed!
Hi, does anyone have a contact number for head office please? I'm getting nowhere with customer services, I'm not trying to make a complaint I'm just trying to get an issue resolved! Or someone really good to ask for at CS because at the moment both myself and Argos are losing out!

Hi I bought a gorgeous pram/pushchair/travel systemy thing from argos made by quinney buzz, At 7mts preg a lorry smashed me off the road and i went into labour she looked tiny in her pram. Only 2 weeks after having her (she was nearly 4lbs) we were taking her for a walk to the shops 150 yrds from home when the travel system collapsed squashing her and quick thinking my husband got her out swiftly leaving her with only minors cuts and bruises with a situation like this you can get anyones phone number in Argos, and believe me chick I have them all (pen at the ready):

Sales director:Maureen Widness-[protected]
c.e.o Lisette Grimes-[protected]
customer sales directornita Martin-[protected] (ex-258 or 3326)
but the best person I think you should speak to who'll be able to help best in your situation is a lady called Karen Taylor shes customer service manager and deal with everything from sales to complaints and she's very professional
you can get her on [protected] and ask for Karen Taylor this number is the switch board number and could put you through to anyone you want as its only meant for argos staff.
Good luck an i hope this helps you out an i'd love to know how you get on

kind regards
jo granger.

V
6:46 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

At 6.48 on 7/03/09 i received a call from the delivery man saying he would be delivering the fridge in one hour. he turned up 25 mins. later. After a struggle to get new fridge in and old one out, they left. I then noticed that my mobile phone that i hade just used to take pictures of the old fridge was missing. i searched and rang (its on a loud ring tone...

L
12:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today, and is not the first time, it has happened many times, i have visited Argos in the Broadmead galleries in Bristol and i have found the staff there to be unbearably unfriendly and unpleasant. I went to return a good i had bought there three days ago and i found the staff looked down on me and also she could not bring a smile on her face, it looked...

A
2:50 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I work in Argos, the Haringey branch and I think there is favouritism is going on in my work place. All the employees are not been treated fairly and equaly. Some were force to work harder while others do nothing. When a menber of staff complained abot it, they get accused of complaining and get forced to get on with it. To me that's wrong and it's should not be allowed. What can i do to stop this continueing.

D
11:45 am

Argos - wont exchange

i purchased an lcd tv for my 6yr olds christmas on dec23rd but when i set it up on chritsmas eve i found the sound of poor quality also at 15" was quite small so i reserved a 22" which was more expensive which i tried to exchange on 26th boxing day but was tols as i had opened the bag with user manual and put batteries in remote this was now 2nd hand and there was no way they would exchange, i feel so frustrated by this and am now left with a tv which is not very good but cost £150 i will definately think again before i shop there again

Jun 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Argos are well within their right to not exchange/refund this item. There is no mechanical fault with the machine, thus no reason to warrant a refund/exchange on the item.

If the packaging is opened/damaged they cannot sell on the product, thus making a loss on profit simply because one person is not happy with the sound quality.

11:01 am

Argos - poor, unprofessional service

Dear customer service,
I went shopping in East London (stratford) store on 13 December 2008. I bought one TV and other electronic devices and spent about 170 pounds. After shopping, I had difficulties to take 21 inches TV to parking area and also needed help for this.Stratford store staffs were helpful but assistant manager who I assumed was very unprofessional and useless.He told me there was not enough staff and he said I need to manage for myself.By that time, I saw himself free and other staff.I couldn't have a clue what to do and waited after 30 minutes, I begged him that if I could leave the TV behind the counter. Then later he agreed unwillingly.

I would like to suggest you that there should be a service for managing staff to help the customers what they have difficulties in carrying heavy loads.I have one issue for racist also. This assistant manager is black and I feel that I were not black thus why he was behaving like that.

Would you be so kind to take action. I decided I will never go shopping stratford store in the future.
Thank you, Please send me a letter that he was taken action or email me([email protected])
Argos regular customer

Update by Sunn
Dec 14, 2008 11:04 am

It will be very satisfied if the complaints are taken appropiate action.

Jun 20, 2009 10:31 pm

I highly doubt that race or creed is an issue in this matter. Were you given any reason to assume this?

N

Argos - no delivery/cancelled

Bought a double bed divan and fridgemaster (And Hoover That was delivered)from Argos. There was enough stock. I paid in full. I also Paid for Saturday delivery. As I work for a living In a New Job I cant do week deliveries. No work no pay.
Argos
Wont deliver on a Saturday, Had a wednesday slot after 4 in the afternoon, so I could be there to take the order. Argos didn't deliver as they could only do it in the morning so no delivery took place. Arranged a time for friday 12 Dec. Cancelled on wednessday. No Stock. Computer errors etc. Could only contact me in a weeks time to arrange a new delivery.

This is a month after I paid. The bed was supposed to be delivered in 14 days and the fridge in 14 days.
I feel robbed.
I dont think Argos have any intention to deliver my Already paid for bed and fridge. Now I live in a home with no fridge or double bed to sleep on. They wont even replace it with another model. It is costing me a fortune to eat every day as I dont have any where to store food properly and need to pay for expensive take out etc. Not to even mention how uncomfortable it is on a blowup matress.

2 comments
Dec 13, 2009 6:00 pm

where is your old bed?

not got any friends or relatives who can store a bit of food or help you out?

you say you ordered a bed, did you order a mattress or where you planning on using the blow up on the divan? from what ive read here you didnt even have a mattress to put on the bed, now that would be even more uncomfortable!

14 days for delivery is a guideline and is always based around those willing to be flexible with their time to actually receive the goods. many people will take a few hours off work when it comes to receiving such important goods because it actually matters to them, it reads here as if you would prefer to sleep on a blow-up mattress rather than request a half day off work to receive your lovely new bed

delivery schedules are hard to build when people are crying out about being economic, the delivery services of argos have improved greatly since this and they also offer weekend delivery too

atleast you could vaccuum your home

Sep 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi

email:
Sara weller, Managing director of argos

thanks

sam

1:22 pm

Argos - subsidence within one month and chair unsafe

i, m complaining on behalf of my daughter, she purchased a leather reclining settee and chair off of argos direct two months ago, after just one months use the settee filling has subsided badly, and the armchair i can only construe as EXTREMELY dangerous as it toppled over on top of her eight year old daughter trapping her underneath, she did complain to argos direct who sent out a homeserve rep, who obviously works for them .his comments where, because there is no physical fault with the filling the settee is o.k even though its sagging after one months use .according to him there is nothing wrong with the totally unstable armchair even though a child cannot sit in it safely .his comments where they are not made to be sturdy, WHAT A BLOODY LOAD OF CODSWALLOP .THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE FROM A HIGH STREET COMPANY .
we will be taking this matter further, and my daughter has stated that she is not going to pay for this heap of unsuitable for use item

Jun 20, 2009 10:28 pm

Homeserve are a completely unrelated company from Argos. They get work through us and are contracted to carry out product assessments in a customers home prior to a replacement/refund being agreed.
Obviously some degree of weight or use will dislodge the filling in the sofa cushions. How are you to be sure that the child hasn't been jumping around/pulling at the structure of the thing itself?

Argos contacts