Airtel Prepaid Connection / pathetic billing

1 India Review updated:

I am being a customer of Airtel-Nasik since last two years.Now I am a customer of Airtel-Mumbai. I have been charged roaming charges when I traveled from Mumbai to Nasik when I tried to inquire about that I have been told that I would be refunded the money within 8 hrs. Let me congratulate Airtel for having one of the best Pathetic call centre service in Mumbai. After spending around 50-60 Rs on the so called free customer care centre calls. Two days are already gone and My roaming charges are still not added to my account. I expect good cooperation from Airtel in future. Otherwise many options are available in the market. But being a loyal customer of Airtel I could expect at least this.

Comments

• Su
      9th of Dec, 2006
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - document submission problem!
    India

I have submitted all the required documents when i got the connection but every day i get Airtel message to submit my documents. I cant understand what is the reason behind all this?!

Beware people!

• Vi
      1st of Feb, 2007

This is a very serious problem where a Genuine user gets affected badly. Even after submitting all required documents with the dealer from whom one have taken the connection, Customer bears the brunt for no fault of his own.

Atleast there should be some convenient method for sorting this problem. A Fax no at Airtel can solve problem with lot of customers. But who knows if there is actually a system at AIRTEL to take care of its customers.

12th of May, 2007

I have submitted necessary required documents at Airtel showroom twice. Even though yet now they have not activate my prepaid account, but they have activated my account once then once again they have barred my incoming calls. There is no proper answer from Customer executives. Since last one they have barred my Incoming Calls now outgoing also.

• Ne
      6th of Jun, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - wrong method for advertisement of schemes
    India

Last evening a message was appearing on the screen of the mobile: "Dial *138*2# for MCA. Then one of the child of our family saw that message and acted as aid and dialed no. at that time the balance was Rs. 30.11 in my account. But today in the morning when i saw the balance was Rs.14/-. I was surprised to see this. This is very wrong method of advertisement of company because there was not sufficient detail of cost etc. Many other times also i have suffered these type of situations.

17th of Aug, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - bad network in local area

Heloo...

this is a typical problem that Myself n my family members are facing while using mobile ph vide Airtel prepaid connection at our home in Santoshpur, Kolkata 75.

It is being observed that during and few hours after rainfall we are unable to make & receive calls from all the three Airtel lines at home or our local area. But as we get 3 - 4 km either direction from our locality we can easily make calls. The problem is faced on every occasion of rainfall this season (April - till date 2017). Also it is being observed that after sun comes out or the effect of rain has dried out we can make calls as normal.

I have logged a complaint at the Airtel Customer Care & my docket no. is 08180628 1600 dated 18.08.07. But till now no remedial actions have been taken from Airtel.

This is disgusting and we are being insisted to change our mobile ph service provider in a short while from now on.

Samrat Mazumder
    9831243327 - Mr K D Mazumder
    11A/1, Chanchal Sarani
    Santoshpur
    Kol - 75

• Aj
      13th of Sep, 2007

I have got an SMS informing about my Airtel Prepaid Enrollment Form being rejected because of missing address proof. But I have submitted my address proof as the copy of latest Electric bill. Why is it so ? Please look into the matter.
    Hope it would be sorted out immediately.

• Ne
      6th of Oct, 2007

My mobile when switched on ask puk code.
    Please provide me puk code no for my card no
    024 9

• Mr
      19th of Oct, 2007

Whats the customer care number problem? I have 1000 time call to customer care number but not response to me. My problem is my balance is 57 rupees. 30 rupees deduct in my balance. The reason is your Airtel sms is coming for hallo tune activate. But I am not activated this thing. So,why your company deduct my 30 rupees.
    My number is 9975650207.ok. I am not satisfied your company service.

• Ra
      7th of Nov, 2007

I agree with the above statement.

My colleague have got SMS about e-recharge of Rs. 256/- & get full talk time but it was totally fake msg. because i got only Rs. 125/- when i asked about this problem to CCE, they told me it's a out of Mumbai network, so I can't help you.

27th of Nov, 2007

I have taken the lifetime prepaid connection on 5th Sept.,2017.But just a week ago my has been disconnected.Before disconnection I got three massages,mentioning about to submit my all necessary documents. Now I have submitted all documents on 24th Nov.,but till now I am disconnected.My Mobile No. is 9800206512

I am waiting for connection.

N:B:- NO INCOMING AND OUTGOING, NO NETWORK SHOWS, "NO NETWORK COVERAGE" WHEN WANT TO CALL.

4th of Dec, 2007

Kindly move to Consumer court so that your proble will be solved, otherwise u cheated every time.

thanks
    @Praful

• Ka
      19th of Dec, 2007
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - connection disconnected
    AIRTEL MOBILE CONNECTION
    www.airtel.in

I have purchase a mobile connection from Airtel on 14/10/2017 and submitted my ID proof at the time of purchage, Now my Connection is disconnected without prior information, when I touch to Customer Care centre they requested to submit ID proof again, I done same and Submitted My ID Proof to Airtel Office on M.G.Road Allahabad, UP East. Still my connection is not connected so far
    my mobile number is :9793338990: in the name of Kaushalendra Kumar Upadhyay R/o Village-Purestabhama, Post-Pipari, Dist-Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh-212401.

• Ak
      25th of Mar, 2008

I m using prepaid airtel connection from one year. My no is 9996460094. I have sony ericsson k550i handset.
    currently i m in hisar (Subhash Nagar near ashirwaad academic). I have taken GPRs connection and paying 300 /- per month. now days i m facing problem of net. Not able to access net in my area but it is running well in all other areas well. I have complained twice in air tel care..but still not get any response from there and getting the same problem. I m really very much disappointed with this. They say that mam ur prblm will be solved in 3 days..but today is 8th day when i m facing the same problem.and my whole work is pending. Please do something as soon as possible.

1st of Apr, 2008

Hi,

my prepad connection number is-9971320445.
    i buy this connection in noida, i submit the all document the shop.then my connection is cut the 20-3-08, then again i am submit the all document the date 27-3-08.
    then why my number is not activead to til date.
    please activaed the my number - 9971320445 as soon as possible.i have phase the many probleam,
    so please permanent actived the my mubile number.

thanks and regards.

4th of May, 2008

network problam my area. Village-morgaon, post-hadod, tel.-sardarpur, dist-dhar(MP)

15th of May, 2008

i m not getting all prepaid shemes.

• Ta
      29th of Jul, 2008
    Airtel Prepaid Connection - deduction of balance without my usage

i am an aitel user havin a prepaid connection by the number 9910952997.

which was taken up barely a month ago.yesterdaynight i recieved a message
    from
    an airtel number 53211 statin that a caller tune has been activated on my
    number under an yearly plan and i have been charged 15 rs/- for it.wherein
    i
    didnot activate any caller tune on my number. on callin up the customer
    care
    office the caller tune was deactivated but my balance wasn't retrieved.

again after mid night i checked my balance which was 311.somethin some
    while
    ago and then reduced to 111.somethin. 200 rs/- were deducted from my
    account
    without any usage from my side.

i would hereby request you to please look into the matter and retrieve my
    balance. if such carelesness would continue from your side then i am sorry
    to
    inform you that i would like to switch over to some other connection.

also i would like to inform you that your customer care operators are very
    unprofessional in their approach. they have no interest in listening to our

problems and helpin us. they disconnect the calls just within a few seconds
    and
    one has 2 al over go through the same process of gettin connected to the
    customer care which is very teadious n tiresome.

expecting some immidiate action from you.

aitel user.

3rd of Aug, 2008

my GPRS is not activating my no. is9005761545

7th of Aug, 2008

my airtel number is 9993764620, and yahoo zone is activated in my phone without my permission, from 4 months the balance is being deducting by rs.30, and i receive a message that you are autorenewed to yahoo zone, i want to deactivate yahoo zone, from my number.just give me the proper information to deactivate the yahoo zone.

17th of Aug, 2008

Hai friend they dont care if u continue or discontinue their service being used by u. its a day to day fact people switch connections. What counts is that they must be awair of the reason upto their higher level management. U may either send mails until u get a solution or file a consumer suit against them that makes a some news to the market, to other fellow citizens to be aware...

This is hitech stealing/robbery - what do u think?
    i am a customer from kerala. We should not let this go on keep them fooling around.
    This is a reply from one of the airtel customer...

My Friend This one kind of cheating stealing money from customers not only you almost every user of airtel prepaid mobile are cheated by this service i too victim of this even 2 days back i have charged for 30 rs without any reason, i was complaining to 121 cc but they are replieng very cleverly, now we all should boycot this blody airtel, i am seeking for consumer court help i have decided not leave them, be aware of AIRTEL... now first you have to unsubscribe it, call 121 and ask them, or type this YUNSUB and send it to 58243 you will be charged 3RS.

We must flush mail to these official ids to get a responce : [protected]@airtelindia.com, aji.[protected]@bharti.com, coo'soffice.[protected]@bharti.com

We should not let them enjoy with our stolen money...