Airtel Mobile Services / billing and network issue

1 India Review updated:

This is in reference to the complaint raised by me for "No network coverage" in the basement in Sector 18, Gurgaon (behind Maruti Udyog).

The complaint number is : [protected].

The request was raised on 23-Nov-06 and the expected date for resolution was 27-Nov-06.

I wish to bring to your notice that the status of my request is still "OPEN" and I have not heard from anyone from Airtel side.

This is a known issue in this area and I am not able to understand why Airtel is so keen in loosing it's old customers for this very old issue which can be resolved by installing a booster (which all other service providers have already done).

I take this opportunity to raise this issue through your esteemed organization, so that Airtel does something to improve it's services and does not let few people to spoil the company's name.

Regards,
Himanshu Pandey

Comments

• Dr
      8th of Feb, 2007

I have a post paid mobile connection of Airtel mobile services India through Account no. 107-103540877. They have charged me for SMS while the connection I had was having free SMS pack. On talking to the customer service executive Ms. Kanchan I was told the company had withdrawn the SMS pack on 23rd Nov. Since no such notification of the company was received by customers I asked her to register my complaint and give me a complaint no. Which she refused. On being asked the number of her superior executives she refused to give the number. What is the way out for the customer?

• Bh
      13th of Mar, 2007

My cheque of Rs 608/- for my monthly bill for my mobile no 9890329335 was received by the local franchisee unit of Airtel at Panjim Goa on 22nd February. The cheque was sent through courier services and proof of delivery was received from the service provider.However the concerned person receiving the cheque misplaced it and I had to face continuous reminders for 18 days from their Pune branch that the payment was not received. There were warnings of termination of services .All the explanation on my part was of no use to them.Ultimately I had to visit their Panaji office in person and issue them a fresh cheque. The earlier cheque has not been traced as yet.

I found the franchisee operation to be most unprofessional.

• Ha
      15th of May, 2007

Re: Airtel

Dear Responsible & Airtel Mobile Staff,

I would like to put up my grieverance hereby for further action you feel essential to be taken in this concern. I bought a prepaid connection on 6/5/07 for Rs 250 in which as per the plan I was supposed to get talk time of Rs 250,instead I have got balance of Rs 125 at the time of loading the sim, I was told that the remaining balance of Rs 125 I would get within 72 hours, but after complaining for several times till date I have not received the remaining balance, lastly on 12/5/07 I was given a complaint which is 05120592020 please take action on very urgent basis or else I will discontinue Airtel service,as I am not satisfied with your customer care people since every now & then they say it would take 48 hours but nothing happens in due course of time, hoping that you would take a very prompt action in this connection & oblige.

• De
      5th of Oct, 2007

hi my name deven jiva baraiya. my mobile number+9198983303231 i am international roaming in saudi arabia in jeddah city before my service is working now days my service not working please start my service as soon as possible i have to much problem to contact

• Am
      10th of Mar, 2008

I would like to tell you about the highly DEPLORABLE and totally UNPROFESSIONAL attitude of the Airtel customer care executives. They have no sense of how to talk with customers – absolutely no etiquettes what so ever. They don't even know how to use the database in their computers, for God’s sake. My Airtel prepaid mobile no. is 989 755 4749. Day before yesterday (March 9, 2008) I received the following message:

"Thanks for using the Airtel chat service"

Exactly the same thing has happened on my brother’s prepaid mobile connection number 999 723 1989. After this on March 11, 2008 my balance was automatically deducted about 25 Rupees or so and showed the balance as negative now. Who the hell gave Airtel ANY permission to add ANY services or deduct ANY money from my account?

On several earlier occasions too, Airtel has committed such types of frauds so many times with me and my friends. One time it was an unauthorized charge of Rs. 24 and another time it was Rs. 99. They automatically activate any service on any number WITHOUT APPROVAL from the customer, and when these irate customers call them, the Airtel customer executives then have the nerve to start misbehaving on the phone. Give me a break. Classic case of – ULTAA CHOR KOTWAAL KO DAANTE, isn’t it?

So Mr. Airtel, please refund my 24 + 99 + 25 = 148 of FRAUDULENT BILLING, and do not activate any kind of useless services on my number in the future. If Airtel resorts to fleecing its unsuspecting customers like this ever again, then all of us friends and relatives here are going to form a group and jointly file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against AIRTEL. We would also then feel compelled to take this issue to the news media and switch to foreign companies such as Vodafone, etc.