Airtel India / not giving free flight offer!

1 India Review updated:

In the month of jan 06 airtel launched a scheme of free flight offer with every connection with some condition and a am within that condition i.e monthly rent of rs 349 or more etc. I am in the plan of 599, so i qualified for that free flight offer. After 3 paid bill they are sending registration form but unfortunately they are fail to send that form. So, i complained to floor supervisor about registration he assured me that you will get the benefit. In the month of june 18 bill rs 500 deducted in my bill for free flight offer, and up to now the are not giving that offer and today they told that that offer is now finished and you do whatever you want.

In the whole case i am having proof of enrollment form of free flight offer and i am having that bill of june in which they deducted rs 500 as a registration charges. I request to all the people not to believe airtel about any offer for promotion for the selling postpaid cards!

Comments

• Pa
      18th of Oct, 2006

Today (18th oct 2006)in the morning, i got a message from airtel that "your subscription for hello tune has been updated. Dial 678 to select the latest song as your hello tune". Just after that again i got a msg: "thank you for downloading kya mujhe pyar hai as your hello tune. However i never called on 678 to subscribe for hello tune and i never selected a song for hello tune. They (customer care people) are telling that u do what u want. When i tried to contact customer care, then they told that on 16th a call was made by airtel, and u confirmed for hello tune, however there was no call from airtel on 16th oct 2006. Airtel people are not interested in solving the problem.

• Vi
      11th of Nov, 2006

I want To Set A Hello Tune. But I dont Find List Of any callertune which Airtel Provide. Plz Make a site Listing Caller Tune Code. As In Hutch One can Easily Get Song Name & Code & can Activate Hello Tune of his choice. I want dt Airtel Plz Create New Section In ur Site.

The second one is I can't browse any site From airtel. But In Hutch I can browse any site Which I want. & if I download Something I pay for It. That is not In airtel.

Thank U.

9th of Apr, 2007

I want to set a hello tune as a dialogue. But i dont find list of any caller tune which airtel provide. Plz make a site listing caller tune code. As in hutch one can easily get song name & code & can activate hello tune of his choice. I want to airtel create new section in ur site.

The second one is i can't browse any site from airtel. But in hutch i can browse any site which i want. & if i download something i pay for it. That is not in airtel.

Thank U.

30th of Apr, 2007

Hi, I'm Anuj Anand advocate C/o Chamber No 18 district courts kapurthala Punjab and i'm fighting case against airtel for depriving my friends free Air tickets under flight free offer. I know many people have been also deprived. Could you please provide me with some more details as how and how many people have been duped. Have U or any body anybody filed any complaint and if yes its particular. Please reply soon
    Anuj Anand 09815300789

• Ve
      18th of Jun, 2007

Now!! damn suck! With Airtel and get free headaches, fooling, poor connection. Poor speed, ###-mobile office internet speed. It offers you lazy connection showing speed of 115.2 kpbs but not even of 20 kpbs , whenever u call customer care, call is never reverted, or otherwise they cant help due to some fake technical up gradation every time. FALSE EMPATHIES!!!

With such a horrible experience, will never advice anyone to ever have this service.

• Ga
      27th of Jun, 2007

Mine is Airtel post paid CUG connection...

I was shocked to see my first post paid bill in which there were teo rentals... One for the month for which the bill was rated and the other for the forth-coming month. When i called up the customer care, they says it was an advance.

I have already paid 500 Rs. towards the deposit amount while taking the connection. I was not sure, why the hell we should pay 250/- rental in advance. It shows that these people are fooling through their packages...Which seem to be very reasonable. They include a number of other stupid charges.

Why is it that we should pay advance?? Don't they believe in the customer???

I am hating it...

• Ve
      13th of Aug, 2007

My father is a registered customer of airtel in maharashtra & goa circle. Few days back he came to bangalore to visit me, als0 he had subscribed to the easy charge facility for 1 yr at the rate 99 rs per month. When i recharged his mob again with rs 99 his mob did not get activated. When i called the customer care no, they were not helpful, either they gave me the mumbai customer care when i called them it said the no does not exist. Ss my money lost for recharging in bangalore even the bangalore customer care is not equipped to sort out the matter airtel should have a uniform nationwide policy, where you can recharge your mob from any city in the country.

31st of Aug, 2007

I Love Airtel.

• Dr
      31st of Aug, 2007

Airtel has repeatedly cheated me on the prepaid connection I had earlier. Their method of registration of grievances of customers is erratic and frustrating. THEY CHEAT!! Like many big companies who make big money, but don't care for its customers and are NOT AT ALL JUST AND PRINCIPLED in their business relations. Earn money, by hook or crook is their aim.

Dr. M.Mohan Rao, Mysore.

1st of Sep, 2007

I have taken the CUG Corporate post-paid Mobile connection with Airtel. It is a stupid mistake by me that I chose this bloody connection. Airtel and IBM has the conglomeration which seems to be of no use to IBM employers. Airtel's employees are playing smartly with the Operations team of Airtel.

No-one Actually turns up and still they convey to their supervisors that they are following up. It has been more than 38 days since I got this bloody Airtel Connection on July 22, 2007 and now its September 01, 2007.

Their one of the Address-verifying executive came to one of the shop and took the signature of mine and told me that he has verified the address details. To my surprise, he lied to me.

Now, when I asked the Airtel Department to cancel the service on August 26, 2007 they requested multiple times to re-consider my decision. To give them another try to the Retention department, I told them to contact me at any point of time via phone. They told me that they would be coming to my home/office at that particular day itself. To my surprise they did not even bother to turn up to phone me at my alternate phone numbers.

This confirms that agents are careless and degrading the level of service. They are charging for the service charge and threatening that I have to pay for the MRC for the unused service (150 Rs). The catch is that I never thought that I would be treated in such a manner.

I have deposited more than 1000 rs for the Advanced rental plan and the only option seems to me to go to Consumer Court.

Regards,
    Satyendra
    Delhi.

17th of Sep, 2007

So I've been with Airtel for years and for the past 2 months its been nothing but a pain in the ### dealing with these guys. So heres my story... I called customer care on june 19th and asked them to bill me on a new plan , the 399 home, and i was told it would be activated as of july 5th since thats when my billing recycles. I said no problem and hung up. one month later i get a bill of 4800 or somethin and i see my bill plan hasnt changed... so i call up airtel and they agree that the mistake was made but i'll have to pay. I being the kinda person who doesnt take ### from anyone, told em off and i get a call 2 days later saying ive been compensated Rs. 305. i found it ammusing.. I asked them for a REVISED bill cuz i believe i shouldve had a larger discount. Apparently, Airtel CANNOT revise. I must have made many phone calls , more than 20 to Airtel to actually pay my bill. I hate being cheated nor do i like cheating anyone so i thought its better to pay the revised bill plan. I even emailed 121 but no reply. After, i got billed for the wrong bill plan again so i decided enough is enough and i told them i want a revised bill plan plus compensation. I was told that i could go check my bill myself and do the calculations worth over Rs8000 of calls and i would agree that they've made the right compensation or revision whatever they're calling it. I told them that its ridiculus a company is asking his costomer to go calculate his bill himself and that compensations are not givin. I've lived in Africa, UK, Canada and the states and in all those countries without asking you are givin compensation cuz the motto is "Customer is always right" but I was told that in India this doesnt happen by our beautiful custome care agent of Airtel. I told that its a privatized company and its not indian but she said so waht, its in india and we dont do that. So i guess in India customers are told off and the company is always right. This for sure is going to constumer courts.

• Ji
      25th of Sep, 2007

Res Sir/Mem,

I hope that u will be ok.
    Last time i went to my village at that time i see that there is no network coverage there. i want to inform u that my Vilage is In Anand Dist.Taluka is sojitra, In gujarat.

Basically i m from piplav it is a very famous village.bcoz our Gujrat goverment Declair it YatraDham Of Ashapuri Mataji. there are too many peoples come and take visit of this place. Here they can get all facilities but they cant get network of airtel .
    so if u want to put ur tower and wants to get benifit of custmore. contact me.
    I have one plot in My village. if u want to put ur tower in my plot ,
    Contact me. my plot's size is 1800 sqrft.
    My cell no is 9925707676

I hop that u will contact me asap.
    Thanks& Regards
    jignesh patel

• Fa
      17th of Oct, 2007

I am very much unpleased from the service. Your Service provider are giving ### service.

• Vi
      17th of Oct, 2007

I m living in UK like to pay my friends postpaid connection bill from here. But not want to inform my friend. Is there any way to that? Do I know bill amount online? So please let me know about this.

Thank you.

• Ni
      10th of Mar, 2008

Sir.

My name Nirdesh kumar. Aritel Mobile number - 9971017222.

Airtel employ ( I don't know name ) told me about a Plan 998 that airtel connection rent for one year is 998. She told me that Rs 1/ STD and RS .5/ for local calls. I have broadband connection for Airtel. She told me 5% discount for broadband bill and 5% discount for mobile bill. I was asked " any other charge in this plan like clip charge " she says no…… other charge.

After taking your plan, when I got first bill, I find many other charger which she did not tell me. Charge like STD A2All pack@ Re 1/- (Rental Re 30) and CLIP Charge (Re 50 )& provisioning.

I have complained to 121 to Mr. Surya kant. I discussed about this. I said I can’t help you - reference number- 634357825 and other complained reference number number is 15840103.
    But no response was there.
    That is my worst experience with Airtel. It was froad with me. Your employ tell a lie. your employ cheated for selling the plan. That is a case for forgery. Nobody will faith at Airtel.

If you take any action please inform me.????????

• My
      23rd of Mar, 2008

I want a mobile number of payal D/O of uttam jain living in lalbarg in mumbai plz help me.

9th of May, 2008

Hi

I have two mobile number under my name. I got these mobile number when i joined a company in Bangalore. From that day onward i had given ECS that all my bills should be charge on my saving account. Later i had changed from saving account to credit Card. Since then all my bills where charged to my Credit Card.

Off lately i get call from the customer care that i need to pay my bill. This was not the first time this has happened. This was the second instance. Again i told then that standing instruction have been given that bills should be charge my my credit card. Today i got my Credit Card bill and what i found is that they have billed me twice with the same amount. At the moment i am not in India. Otherwise i would have called to the customer care and taken left right. I have to come to India and solve this problem. I want that airtel should give me a written letter that this think will not happen again and they should also pay compensation amount and my air ticket fare.

i hope this case will be resolved ASAP
    Thanks
    Satbir S.

• Pr
      20th of Oct, 2008

Airtel Tamilnadu is cheating the customers by activating the Value added services like Caller tunes without the knowledge of the customers. When I called up customer care, they said sorry and deactivate it, but no refund of the amount charged. Can anyone suggest what should I do to bring the Airtel to court for further action against them.

• Dh
      28th of Nov, 2008

provide m the facility to connect the tower on house roof on rent.
    address:68, sawan park etn, ashok vihar ph-3.delhi