ADT Security Services / adt equipment & customer service

1 Ankeny, IA, United States

I received and was able to speak with the person from number [protected] today (9/5/18). She stated that the equipment was not ‘ADT's' equipment. She stated that since it was through an ‘authorized dealer' the previous owner ‘owns' the equipment and so it went with the house when it was sold. Then she asked if I needed help to shut down the system. Did no one actually READ the letter I sent??? As I stated in my previous letter:

I recently purchased a new home (address below). This home had ADT equipment installed, but the previous owners had discontinued service. However, the ADT system continued to beep. Then, all of a sudden, on Saturday morning, we woke up to the ADT system alarm sirens blaring! We called ADT in desperation to be able to have someone come out and remove the equipment and stop the siren. The woman on the phone told me I needed to locate the transformer. She stated numerous places it could be. I continued to tell her I could not find it and how do I stop the alarm. She asked me if I had an electrician in the family. No! I do not. I need the alarm off. She said there was nothing she could do unless I wanted to sign up for services. I could not believe she was asking me to sign up for services when the alarm was blaring in the background and I needed it turned off.

I was finally able to get ahold of the previous owner to get the code to enter. However, even though the ADT system was discontinued on ADT's system, I still had to keep entering the code. This is ridiculous!

I had to call an electrician to disconnect the alarm. This was a nightmare and a horrible experience. I am requesting I be reimbursed for the costs of having to have an electrician come to disconnect the alarm ($200). In addition, I am requesting ADT come to remove the equipment or pay me $350 to have the equipment removed by an electrician.

This ADT experience has been a nightmare and I am requesting the above compensation be sent to me.

So, as you can see again, I had to hire an electrician to disarm the equipment! I cannot believe she asked me if I needed help in disarming the equipment. NO!!! I am requesting the cost of the electrician having to come to the house be reimbursed to me because ADT could not assist me in disarming the equipment!

This ADT experience and the customer service I have been given has been and continues to be a nightmare and I am requesting the above compensation be sent to me.

Sh