ADT / home security

Winston, OR, US Review updated:

In early 2015 we had adt come out and install a system in our home. We were oversold and told that we wouldn't be charged for some of the items. The installer put sensors on the very small windows above the shower that even a child couldn't fir through. Some of the sensors fell off and others were on such that I couldn't get them off to move them. Then it stopped working complexly but they continued to charge me over $60 a month for a non-existent service.
I finally had enough and cancelled my account and ended up paying over $500 just to cancel it. I was told they would charge my credit card but all they did was try and charge my for another month. Then I received a letter with the bill telling me that if I didn't pay they would turn me over to a collection agency.
I went to the adt website and paid.
We were lied to about the system and charges and sold a system that was much more than we needed that stopped working.
I would like a refund of the cancellation money I had to pay and I would like adt to look into their sales force.

Jo
Dec 03, 2016

Comments

• On
      Dec 03, 2016

call your credit card company and tell them you want to dispute the charges. In addition write a letter to the credit card company or bank with a cc to ADT advising them, (the bank) that as of a certain date forward, you are not authorizng any charges on your account for ADT.