Having problems with Protection 1?

+1 877 776 1911 (Support)
1501 Yamato Road
Boca Raton, Florida
United States - 33431-0835

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Protection 1.

Complaints & Reviews

Protection 1alarm service

My home was hit by a hit and run driver on 12/7/18 and have been trying to get protection one to cancel their billing since that date as the alarm is not working nor have they attempted to repair it. My contract had already expired prior to this date. they refuse to send anybody out to talk to me or repaire it or cancel it all they want to do is bill and collect dues which I refuse to pay. i'm looking for someone to join me in a class action lawsuit as I see they have thousands of complaints against them .
Have you any suggestions

Leon R Standlee @ [protected]@yahoo.com

Jan 25, 2018

Protection 1 — home security

I have been a faithful subscriber to Protection one for nearly 5 years. It had been alright until I left home...

Protection 1 — The product and the service are both shoddy

we were never told we had signed up for 3 years. we are renters and had taken the place largely because my 96...

Protection 1 — Canceling Service is a Nightmare

Like others on here, I called to cancel my service on 11/23/15 and was told I needed to send an e-mail...

Protection One Alarm Service — customer relations

Had service with Protection One for approx 20 years but then ran into hard times (ie lost my job). I...

Protection 1 — Shady Contract with high pressure sales

When the salesman showed up I was having a cookout. He was a high pressure type and I fell for it. I signed...

Protection One — Charges

Our former provider sold out to Protection One so we never had a contract with them, but have been with them...

Protection 1Termination fee

About 6 years ago I had a security system installed in both my house and business after a robbery at my house. I signed a contract for 2 years with American Home Security for both locations. After a year I closed my business and notified the company. We worked out a deal where I would pay a little more each month to make up the business cancellation. About 3 years ago when I figured the contract was completed I called the company to see what the date was that the contract was completed on. I was told that the contract was completed at that time and had been completed about a month earlier. There was no mention that the contract had renewed and there was no change in the price to make up for the increase in my payments due to the combining of the contracts. About a month ago I changed my phone service to a digital phone service. When I did I got an error message of FC on my keypad. I looked it up in the owner’s manual and did what it said but nothing changed. I called Protection 1 and found out that the system was not compatible with a digital phone line. When I asked what it would take to make it work I was told that I would have to pay $99 for the equipment upgrade and another $10 a month on top of my current bill and would have to sign a new 3 years contract. That would be over $46/month. They are still charging me for the combined contract rate even though I only have one system and have for the last 5 years. I told the person I was talking to about the upgrade that I had been looking into another system that the monthly charge was $15/month with no contract required (SimpliSafe). I told him that I would have to think about it and would let them know. Nothing was ever said that the contract automatically renewed and that there was a $100 early termination fee. I called today the cancellation number on the bill to cancel service and was told that I have to do it in writing and pay a $100 termination fee. I was never told about the contact auto renewing especially since the original company that I bought the system from has been sold several times in the time that I have had the system.

• Pr
        Protection 1 Jul 09, 2013

Can you please email us your account address so we can solve your issues?

Thank you!

Stacie D.
        Protection 1
        [protected]@protection1.com

Protection One — No cancellation after fire

I had an alarm system installed in my home with a 3 year monitoring contract which had initial expiration...

Protection OneAccidental Disconnect - Cannot Resolve

Added a second house to my account. I was extremely clear about this being an additional house. They shut my first alarm off (it beeps constantly). When I called I was told that it would be resolved in a 10 minutes and that everything would be resolved that day. Two hours later, I contact them to find out why my alarm is still showing "fault" and was told that I had a note on my account and I would be contacted after the weekend. I explained that this was not was I was told, got put on hold at least half a dozen times and, finally, told that I would be contacted. Two more hours and I was told that I would either have to take an unpaid day off work or I would have to pay them a service fee to have someone come out and correct the error that they caused. I have one thing to say - if someone doesn't have this fixed before Monday I won't be calling them to fix it. I will be calling Brinks or ADT to come out.

• Ni
          Nicole Green Oct 27, 2012

I apologize for the issues you have had. If you would please contact me directly I would be happy to get this resolved for you today. You may reach my at [protected]@protection1.com. Thank you for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

Protection One — Contract

Echoing the same that many have posted here regarding the contract. I had them change us from monitoring with...

Protection OneContract, Billing, & Failure to Honor Cancellation

As someone with a 10 year plus relationship with this company, which continued as I moved between two states, I strongly advise not ever doing business with this company. First, their contract is extremely one sided in their direction, and you should not sign it. Cancellation charges during the first year, automatic renewals for a year, etc. The BEST thing you can do is avoid EVER getting involved with them at all in the first place.
        Second, their customer service is among the worst I've encountered. When I tried switching back from electronic billing to paper billing, calling their service number multiple times, they never helped me. Instead, they started calling me over and over to taunt me over "late bills". I've never had happen to me from any other company.
        Third, after sending multiple letters cancelling my service, and paying substantial fees, they did not actually cancel my service! After all the letters I sent and payments I made cancelling the service, they called me. Though I said, no, we are done, their representative said "I understand", and let me leave you our 800 number in case you change your mind. I told him I was driving, and I couldn't write it down, but if he called me back I wouldn't pick up and he could leave that number. In the voice mail that was left, he told me that they would actually be continuing my service against my wishes!!! They have since called my home while the alarm was off and tried to report that a window alarm went off!!!
        Trust me, these people are liars and they will cheat you.

• De
            deluxjewel Dec 05, 2012

I agree with you more than 100%. I cancelled my monitoring services by sending an Email on August 17, 2012 effective that day.
            I got response that their cancellation department will call me and cancel my account. Almost a month no none call me though I gave them my cell no. After a month I call them again because they are keep taking money from my card account as a auto payment.
            Guess what, they are now threatning me every day with annoying phone call to pay up to 3 month of monitoring charges, though I took out the system from my house and did not take any services from them. Also Guess what I was with them for more than 10 yrs and they never called me or send the police when my alarm goes on.
            if You want to protect you and your family do not go with them.

• Du
            Duane Kirchner Dec 08, 2017

The worst Company I have ever dealt with in my life . They do nothing but take your money . Don't try to deal with thrm.

• Du
            Duane Kirchner Dec 08, 2017

@Duane Kirchner The worst Company I have ever dealt with in my life . They do nothing but take your money . Don't try to deal with them.

Protection One — termination fee

I have been a client of Protection One for over a decade. In 2009 they offered e-Secure, which allows remote...

Protection OneWill not cancel my contract

My house alarm system is covered by Protection One. 3 or 4 months ago I told them I would like to cancel my contract since I agreed to have an automatic monthly payment out of my bank account and the bank said I need something from the company saying they are agreeing to the cancellation. I argued with the bank why I would need something from them when this is my money, to no avail. Protection One's employee said they would cancel it, up to now they are still taking money out of my account every month. What should I do to get this unethically operating company out of business?

Protection One — Service

OMG this is the most horrible company ever. The system does not work, it goes off in the middle of the night...

Protection One Securitythree year contract

we got protection one security system for our house. the sales person never told us that contract was for three year and what happens if you sell the house or for some reason have to cancel it they charge a lot of money. they told us we can transfer our system but there is a catch to it and I will end up buying some more equipment. I do not want to spend more money in order to not pay the penalty. there must be some way. I will probably stop payment on the monthly payments unless they let me out of the contract or transfer without any extra expenses. we have adt
            security system in the house we are moving to if they can not use that I will stop payment on protection one unless they do not charge any thing besides what I have already payed in the house we sold.

Protection One Security — Fraudulent Billing/Extortion

We have had Protection One as our security company at this address since October of 2009. We had then install...

Protection One(Orlando Fl)Business was broken into

My business was just broken into on Dec 16th 2010. The system that Protection one installed did not work. I have 3 motion sensors in a small 900 sf office. The burglar went in and out of our office 9 times as seen on the surveillance tape and made off with over 50k in equipment. We contacted Protection one and demanded someone stop by immediately. They sent a technician plus the general manager(Steve). After they tested the system they tell us that the "motion sensors" they installed are not actual motion sensors but "heat sensing" sensors. I have looked over our contract and the literature on their website and they mention motion sensors and nothing else. He also told us that because it was chilly that morning it may have causes them not to work. Do they have Florida motion sensors and New York ones as well ? He then proceeded to tell us that they are not responsible for the system not working and did not give us a reason why it malfunctioned. He also tells us that since the front glass door was broken that we should of had a glass break sensor. I told him that his salesperson told us we did not need it, since the motion sensors would pick up the intruder. We also tried to contact the FL manager(Dave) and of course cannot get a response. I am appalled in this day and age that consumers and business owners rely on a company to protect life and property and I have not even gotten a reason let alone an apology for the lack of service.

Protection OneNot protecting

II'm a small business owner and my store was broken into on September 6th. Fortunately, nobody was in the store but the burglar managed to break open the safe and steal our cash. I immediately called Protection One to ask why the police werent sent out and they told me that they never received the alarm signal. After digging deeper, it turns out that my alarm system has not been functioning since September of last yeara full year ago! Protection One claims that they run monthly tests to determine if the alarm is operational but in my case, theres a problem with my alarm panel so they were unable to run the monthly tests. To make matters worse, even if they could run the tests, theyre instructed to only leave a message at the store even though the store is not the primary contact number Im instructed them to use since Im typically not at the store. Protection Ones response is that my contract states that Im responsible for testing my alarm every month. Theyve done nothing to confirm why their equipment is defective or accept any responsibility for the fact that they couldnt run the monthly tests and most importantly respond to the burglary.

Security is the type of service that you never fully appreciate until you need it and Protection One has fallen well short of standing by me during this time.

Protection One — Protection One Won't Protect

I’m a small business and our store was broken into on September 6th. Fortunately, nobody was in the...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices