ADT Home Security Alarm Systems / poor service, incompetent/foul-mouthed installers, etc.
Multiple Issues with this business have included the following:
1. Had an alarm event that required notification to the local police department. 45 minutes later, the police department had called back -- long after I called them directly and they'd been to the premise -- to advise me that they received a call that was misrouted and transferred trough various sources (phone operator, state police, county dispatch, finally to my local police) because ADT had the wrong phone number for the local police, despite our providing the correct one. When we called them to correct this, we were told by the phone representative that nothing could be done about it. So I'm paying for police notification that isn't happening properly.
2. Scheduled an appointment for ADT to move my security panel due to a door installation. Technician arrived late, berated the door installers, continually used foul language to me and the installers, spent 2 hours rewiring the entire system, then left it in a non-functioning condition to go to other appointments and never returned. Had to insist that an off-hours technician repair my system and make it optional at 10PM -- more than 9 hours after the first technician left. Also scheduled a CO Sensor installation (see 3. below).
3. Scheduled a CO Sensor install for a month ahead with a technician. Received several calls from ADT indicating that the part was received, and then asking "if I wanted to schedule". Corrected them on no less than 3 occasions, and asked how we make sure this is scheduled, was assured this was under control. The morning of the installation, receive a call telling me that they "don't have the part and would need to reschedule", after being called to schedule 3 times prior because "we've received the part".
Company clearly is not handling its business well, requests for escalation are not well-received or taken seriously. Calls to local office are not handled my managers immediately, post-sales service is not taken seriously. Clearly, their goal is to sell you the system, then not service it properly.
More ADT Home Security Alarm Systems Complaints & Reviews
- ADT Security Services - horrible customer service and faulty product! 
- ADT - employee discrimination! 
- ADT - unreliable system 
- ADT Security Services - adt - checks in the mail... 
- ADT - scam and lies 
- ADT Security Services - security installation/customer service
- ADT Security Services - harassment and unethical behaviour
- ADT Security Services - unauthorized credit card charges
- ADT Security Services - home security services poorly handled termination charge for david l. ellison, former address 132 sharon dr, san antonio, tx 78216 - acct 9705025
- ADT - bad customer service