ADTnever received my $100 visa gift card

B

On May 30, 2015 I had a security system installed by ADT with the provision that I would receive a $100 VISA Gift Card with my installation. I was to "...allow 8-12 weeks for delivery from receipt of rebate form." I sent my rebate form on June 1, 2015; receipt of which was acknowledged by ADT. It is now January 5, 2016, over 32 weeks later, and no gift card received. I have made numerous calls to ADT but have only received failed promises of delivery. My last call to them on January 5, 2016 was not returned within their 24-hour time period. To ADT, please send me my $100 Visa Gift Card according to our agreement.

never received my $100 visa gift card
never received my $100 visa gift card

• Mc
    MCrig Jun 03, 2021

We got the same runaround. It's been over a year, and now we're "ineligible". I'm calling BS. I'm all for a class action suit too. Bait and switch.

• Ev
    Evelyn Bannon Aug 05, 2021

@MCrig Same here!! Have called the number on the form [protected] multiple times in the past few weeks. Also have registered mail confirmation of delivery receipt. Is there a pending suit against ADT for this? If so, I would like to join.

• Ll
    Lloyd1001 Nov 07, 2020

Also was lied to about a gift card and was promised no out of pocket expenses besides my monthly payment after paying my deposit, that was a lie. They tried to charge over 1000 dollars for the equipment after the guy got here to install, so I said no and dropped down to just the most basic equipment and still paid 300. I'm not happy with this company, not one bit.

• Da
    Danny Budiman Jul 27, 2021

@Lloyd1001 I have in the same situation too they promise for $100 but nothing happened so far it has been a month went by after installations.

• Gw
    GW3rd Sep 03, 2020

Another client falling through the cracks!!!
    ADT accents my monthly fee very timely however fails to follow up on promised gift card with my system installation.

• Le
    Lena Wilson Jun 14, 2019

3 months ago and no gift card. I was told they would send me an email. Months went by and i called asking for it and when i called they were saying there is no number to contact those in charge of giftcards and that because it was too late for me to receive gift card.

• Rh
    rhey2120 May 21, 2019

8 weeks now, and I called once again to find out why it is taking so long to mail out something that took me 2 days to get them. Seriously, It took 2 business days for my certificate to be accepted. The excuse given for why it's taking so long was that I am at the end of the cycle. What cycle? If anyone else gets a petition going count me in. This is wrong to offer $100 dollars to get someone to sign up. I knew it was a scam, but paid very close attention to the person who was trying to sell me everything under the sun and a new Heart LOL. They took 198 dollars right out of my account without permission. The initial call was to get an estimate and contract review before anything else, and was told by Defender that nothing would be charged until the agreement was made. WRONG!!! They took money within 5 minutes after we got off the phone listening to there sales pitch. SO for the trouble, I was offered another $100 dollar gift card LOL. Haven't even received the first one.

Carolyn Cloe Apr 25, 2019

I called and bought this system from an ad that I received in the mail saying that my montly fee was going to be 27.99 a month, and it had been 54. a month before, and my old remote hadn't been working for years, so I thought it would be good to get one so I could having a working remote. Also it was a wireless system so it wouldn't be requiring me to have a land line for its operation in case my telephone line outside was cut by burglars. It turned out I paid over $1, 000 for the new system, and then they never reduced the billing to 27.99. I called and they said that they would have to come back and install a new command panel that would revert back to using my wired setup! I can't use the features that the command panel has that requires extra expensive equipment like outdoor cameras, and doorbell cameras, etc. but I like the panel better, so I kept it, and never got the cheaper rate when I could have kept using my old system with its inconeniences. Then I went thru the laborious procedure of getting the $100 gift card, with multiple follow up calls and finally got it, and spent it. Then I read the conditions that after 12 months of non use, they would start charging a montly fee of $2.95 for the non use. Tonight I called the number on the back of the prepaid card, and got an a fast talking Asian sounding man that I couldn't understand a word of what he said with his dialect and talking so fast I couldn't understand what he was saying. I asked to talk to someone else and never did get anyone else. Finally I understood he said that he was canceling the card now, and I gave him the number. I asked for a confirmation number and think he told me he couldn't give me one, and couldn't email me one, so I am very aggravated with the whole transaction, and anyone getting an ad that fits this with a gift card should be WARNED that it IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT, AND I STILL HAVE THE SAME ADT MONITORING (WHICH IS OK) BUT AT AN EXORBITANT MONTHLY PRICE!

Cathy Calhoun Dec 18, 2018

I too mailed in the rebate form in time. Took it to the post office got a picture of it was mailed on time. Claim they never got it and now I am stuck too with a system that as not lived up to its promise and believe me I WILL pass the word on this rip off!

• Lo
    LoriBa Sep 07, 2018

Yes, me too. 2 1/2 months and NO $100.00 Visa Gift Card.

They are horrible people. They oversold every piece of equipment for my home making me think I needed it. 1 week with the system I realized how most of it was redundant. They also mis-advertised saying all it costs you is 27.99 a month and by the end of the install I was up to $59.95 a month. In addition, they never disclosed that I had to pay for the equipment until 1/2 of it was installed. They sucked me in asking me how many windows and doors needed to be secured (openings I did not want anybody to break into) When I originally spoke to the company they told me for $27.99/month all I had to do is keep them for 3 years per their contract and I was not responsible for anything else. Liars and Theives. Now I am stuck with them for 3 years or I will have to pre-pay the entire contract.

Carl F. Anderson Sep 03, 2018

I too was told I would receive one $100 visa gift card but when the installation price started getting high the installer told me he could put paperwork through for a second card. I t has been 8 months and I have only received bills from ADT.when I called ADT they told me to call the installer. I tried but no one answers the phone.
    Carl Anderson

• Dr
    Drea Carter Apr 23, 2018

I am also a victim of not receiving my gift card, and when I called in, the rep. told me I was ineligible to receive the gift card because of the specific package that I signed up for. I was up-sold on a package, and never told that it would disqualify me from receiving my gift card. It looks like we should file a class action because complaints about this are rampant on the Internet and ADT should be held accountable for this FRAUD and Breach of Contract.
    Meladrea Carter