1&1 / treacherous fine print
1&1's billing policy is to hold credit card information on file. When payment is not made (For example, if the credit card on file expires) , 1&1 will not stop service like most service companies but will continue service and contract a collection agency for collections. Customers must officially close their accounts to stop service. This is not the standard billing policy consumers expect. While their policies are disclosed in their terms & conditions, 1&1 is clearly using their "fine print" to extract extra fees from customers wishing to close their accounts.
Http://esupport. Fcc.Gov/complaints. Htm
More 1&1 Complaints & Reviews
- 1&1 Internet, Inc. - billing and collection scam 
- 1and1.com - abuse department is actually the billing department 
- Aeg Publishing - fraud marketing 
- 1and1.com - cancellation and refund policies 
- 1and1.com - refused to cancel/delete my account then sent me to collections. 
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - domains/billing
- www.1and1.co.uk - customer support
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - repeated bogus invoicing and charges collected
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - terrible experience!
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - domain name hatsunique.com