Complaints & Reviews

they suspended our account with no reason.

Almost a year ago, we transferred 2 of our domains and hosting to this 'great' company. To validate our identity, they asked us to send our national ID and credit card pictures. We sent them.They verified our account and our site has been launched. A while later, we began to have an awful hosting experience in terms of quality. Occasionally, our site was going down and we were unable to connect to the FTP.Anyway, here goes the last incident. We purchased several domains 2 months ago. Everything was confirmed and we received confirmation emails. After then, our account has been suspended with no reason and we tried to contact to all it may concern. We succeeded to contact the customer relations department which is actually pretty hard to contact. They informed us that we'll receive an email which includes the instructions. Still waiting after 2 months... Our page is down for 2 months after running it for 3 years!Nobody is responding to our messages! We are unable to reach to our page! Nobody has guts to respond to us! Thieves! Scammers! Swindlers!

they suspended our account with no reason.

1&1 Internet / 1and1.com — domains/billing

This company only replies to your email when it favors them. It takes forever for them to reply when you need them. But when it's time for them to charge you, whatever the...

www.1and1.co.ukcustomer support

I have used 1and1 for 10 years, cheap website hosting but always a few bugs in the system. Recently they cancelled 4 client domains without reason, no way to get the domains back. When I contact customer support I get an Indian Laurel and Hardy show. I send my name and acccount on the top line, so they ask 5 times for my name, 4 times for my account number. 9 emails later they ask what I want help with, despite my questions being in the email body text. 30 emails later and they transfered out my domains to someone else's account... then created a new domain for me to replace a lost one, spelt incorrectly!!!

1&1 Internet / 1and1.comrepeated bogus invoicing and charges collected

On 10/29/17 I received an invoice for $239 for a contract and domain with 1&1.

I have 2 active contracts and domains with them, and 2 inactive contracts and websites with them. I did not recognize the contract or domain or website services for the invoice received.

I contacted customer service and they agreed I had been charged in error for a contract not associated with my customer ID. They issued a refund on 10/31/17.

On 12/29/2017 I received ANOTHER invoice for $239 for the bogus contract. So, while they refunded the charge, they didn't delete the bogus contract.

I have to contact them AGAIN to ask for a refund.

In banking, we call this "floating" cash. Basically, they create cash for themselves by incorrectly charging customers. Then, they have the use of those funds for "X" number of days while the poor customer wrangles with them for a refund. They probably generate hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not millions) with the bogus billing and invest those funds in short-term bank notes, which gain interest for them. Then, they refund the charges after customers complain. In the meantime, they earn money off of the bogus charges and claim it was all done in innocent error.

What a scam!

1&1 Internet / 1and1.comterrible experience!

People, run away from this lace.
Don't fall for their ads promising great prices. It's a huge lie.
If you subscribe once, you will find no way to cancel it. Customer service is too lazy and slow, they won't do this for you. So while yo are trying to find a way to cancel their crap, the money from your bank account will be charged every month.
Do you want it? I really doubt.
That's what I encountered and wasn't happy at all. It took me almost 6 months to stop this mess. That's how bad they are!!

1&1 Internet / 1and1.com — domain name hatsunique.com

Hi my name is Pauline, in 2013 my brother set up a website for me he asked me what name i wanted my site to be called i told him as i am doing bespoke ladies hats that i would...

1&1 Internet / 1and1.comdedicated server

​​
I opened a contract with 1and1 for a dedicated server (about 230USD / month), using a RAID drive to protect my data, I started a business on this server for a long time, about 100 my clients, they were kept their company data on this server, such as users data, accounting data, web application files, databases and emails and...

Then suddenly my server was not reachable, We contacted 1&1 technical support, they checked issue and find out server got HDD failure and there is no way to fix this issue, there is no backup, also their RAID configuration did not work well.

They just said: you got hard drive failure and we can replace new hard drive for you and re-image server, like fresh dedicated server, it means my data and my customers data lost!! . (about 100 important customer with very important data), during this time all websites are were down, all emails lost and also each day we lost new emails.

Its hard drive failure (HARDWARE ISSUE), not software, as you know dedicated server customers do not have access to hard wares, HDD of my server got hardware issue (maybe platter or drive controller issue), but they said: "Its your problem, not from us!"
I told them, How I can access hardwares of my dedicated server to damage them?! Do I have physical access to your data center?!!!

But they said: We can only replace new hard drive, it means you lost all of your data.
At this time, my clients called me, and they asked me why their sites were not available, why the emails were not available, and I could not do anything to solve the problem.
My clients made legal complaints against me (for the problem that I was not guilty of), and they applied for financial losses.

When I found it, 1&1 did not care about this issue and they look so ordinary and do not sympathize with it, I tried to research about this issue and seems, there is high chance to fix HDD failure issue with HDD REPAIR COMPANIES, because it may simple issue with platter or hard drive controller or etc, So I offered 1&1: "I will pay for this damaged HDD (HDD COST + Shipping COST), then just send it out to the hard drive repair company".

Here is their reply:
"""
Regarding your data recovery concern, after further review it has been determined that 1&1 has followed the proper procedure regarding hardware maintenance as it pertains to hard disc failure, and new hardware has been provided in its place. We regret to inform you that it will not be possible to accommodate your request to send 1&1’s physical hard drive to a third party for further analysis. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
"""

They did not help to fix this issue, me and my customers lost important data with financial losses, My company got bad credit.

I do not recommend 1and1, they will not help you in case of emergency issues, they look so ordinary and do not sympathize with it.

Hard drive failure is data center side issue (its out of customer access), but 1&1 did not helped to recover data, 1&1 also rejected my offer "I will pay for this damaged HDD (HDD COST + Shipping COST), then just send it out to the hard drive repair company", my problem could be solved with this solution, but 1&1 rejected this solution too.

• Da
    Dale Chicago Sep 21, 2017

In my opinion 1&1 Internet is the mafia of the internet, stay away.

1&1 — credit card fraud

I had to cancel my credit card due to three fraudulent charges to my account from 1&1 Internet. I have never done business with this company, and I had never heard of this company...

1&1 Internet / 1and1.com — 1and1 scam

Everyone need to avoid 1and1. It really scam. [protected] I pay 1 ast hosting at 1&1. but this hosting does work correctly, many my module can not run at this . it took me lost...

1 And 1 — website, website hosting ect... ect...

Do not do business with this company ! This is the worst company I ever dealth with. 1 week to cancel your packages, then they send you emails for auto renewal activation. Called...

1and1.comwww.1and1.com is the worst!

www.1and1.com is the worst service I have ever dealt with and I want to warn everyone to stay away from them! I paid for their service but I had not idea these guys had an automated renewal, there was nothing mentioned about that one their website. When they renewed my account I contacted them and asked for a refund but they refused and said it was my fault that I did not check their site more carefully. But I did read everything when I signed up and I'm sure there was nothing said about that. Then I asked them to cancel my account but they did not reply. So just to be sure I called my bank and blocked 1and1. Watch out, 1and1 is a scam!

• 1a
    1and1Lies Apr 21, 2017

1and1 is definitely a scam artist. They offer discounts then hide their hands. They also claim the R E C E I P T is something from the cart.
    In the meantime, they just keep your money and play dumb blaming other departments.

Don't use them, they don't know their ### from a hole in the ground or they're just liars.

1and1domain and account terminated - 1and1 real scam on the internet

Stay far away from 1&1

They recently blocked my account due to a failed transaction (tried to buy wp hosting from a card with different name, I bought many other domains with same card haven't faced any issues but this transaction got me directly blocked) , my 1&1 is around 3 months old, I have a 3 months old domain along with all my hard work of quality backlinks. They suspended all my domains and blocked my account. Emailed them a lot of times, haven't got any reply yet.

- called support, they said call security team.
- called security team, they said we cant accept the transaction, you'll have to call the support team to get back the domain.
- called support team, they said "i have to fill up a form and submit it", now I submitted a form and got this reply
" unfortunately, your account was terminated by the security team. Without an active account we will not be able to restore the domain. "

- called the security team again, they said I can get the domain back, what I need to do is create a new 1&1 account and ask transfer team to transfer my domain this nee account.

- therefor I contacted an 1&1 agent and created new account, and I talked to them for 53 minutes and they said they can't do anything.

I have called them so many times, I even don't remember what conversation we had each time.

• Ng
    Nguyễn Văn Siêu Feb 20, 2017

I have a 6-month domain with hard working time locked by 1and1. I don't know if ICANN can help me. I'm waiting for their reply. Awful company, 1and1. I can't believe there is such company exist for over ten years.

1&1 Internet, Inc.trying extract payment after an account was cancelled

Two weeks prior to the re-up on my 1&1 account I sent an email explaining that I no longer wanted the service and that the account that they had previously charged was no longer in service. I thought nothing of it till I began to get phone calls saying that I owed them money. I began to no answer the calls because they would not take no for an answer. Today I received a notice in the mail telling me that they will send me to collection if I do not pay

1&1 — cannot cancel the contract

I purchased a domain and web hosting this week. The service I got cost more initially that advertised but agreed to that. Struggled to log in. Tried to get through to them on...

1and1.com — 1 & 1 mail business mailbox

39587 Invoice date: 01/04/2016 Customer id: [protected] Product id : [protected] Invoice no. : [protected] I would like to request a refund because it was discounted value us44, 85 of my...

1and1.com — 1 & 1 mail business mailbox

1and1.com — no refund on domain/website I cancelled

I built a website with 1and1 and had one month to try it out. The company I created the website for proved false so I wanted to cancel the contract for 1and1. Here is a copy of...

1&1 Internet, Inc.domain seizure in the name of "verification"!

I bought a domain around 20 days ago from 1&1 internet. Their.Net domains were on sale and I got it for 99 cents (Ofcourse for the 1st year). It was my first purchase from them.

The day before yesterday, I got a email from their "security team". Saying:

"dear rayhan emon (Customer id: 4530665**) ,

In order to better serve the internet community and reduce the harm associated with online fraud and identity theft, 1&1 internet has developed a comprehensive fraud prevention policy.

Unfortunately we were unable to confirm all of your contact details. As a result, we will ask that you provide us with the proof of your photo id. This documentation can consist of one of the following:

Passport
National id
Drivers license/state id

Other forms of id could be acceptable upon our review.

You can send this to us by:

Email:
Reply directly to this message with attached images.

Fax:
Uk +[protected]
Us +[protected]

- please include your customer id as shown in the salutation.

E-mail: please just reply to this e-mail with a scanned copy of the
Document (S) attached. Acceptable formats for the attachment include:
. Gif,. Png,. Jpg, or. Pdf.

If this information has not been received in three (3) business days this account will be locked and/or terminated in accordance with our terms and conditions

Thank you for your compliance.

Sincerely,
Security team
1&1 internet inc. "

Alright. They need to check my id. No problem. I replied that email with my id right away after seeing it.

But today I woke up in the morning with sms from uptimerobot. First I thought my hosting providers were having some issues. But they said their server are 100% okay. Then I noticed my domain is not pointing to their server.

I tried to login to 1&1's domain control panel, but it said "invalid password".

You just cant imagine how much trouble I went through to build up that website. All in vain? The domain was of 5 character and it was like a premium domain.

Stay away from them. Far far away.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not a native, so I hope you understand. :)

1and1.comterrible tech service

Our company has been a customer of 1and1.com since Jun 12, 2004. In November 2014 we started experiencing problems with two of our 4 email accounts. Both accounts had the same problem, both accounts had no emails in them, neither in the Inboxes, nor in any of the long list of subfolders they have. Both accounts are set as IMAP on multiple machines (both OS X and Windows 7 operating systems). For those unaware of email protocols, IMAP leaves all messages on the host server (1and1.com). None of my email settings are set to archive on a local machine and even if they were I should see an archive on one of the machines. No such thing anywhere. In both accounts I had contact information, correspondences with business partners, invoices, etc. related to my businesses. I called multiple times and was told that the issue will be resolved and my emails will be restored. This didn't happen. To the contrary, in December 2014 my emails were cleared again, and again in January 2015. At this point I was on hold for many hours, being told that my issue has been escalated to the back server support team, and finally being told that my issue has been resolved. What was resolved was that the technical team restored a week worth of emails in my mailboxes and the deletion of emails stopped for 6 months or so. Until June 15, 2015 when I saw my emails being deleted once again in front of my eyes when I was searching for an email saved in one of the folders. My whole mailbox was cleared once again. All records of business done for the past six months disappearing once again. At this point I called once again, stood on hold once again for an hour insisting that I need to speak to a supervisor in the etch support team. I finally got to speak to Charilyn who (i) refused to give me her direct number, (ii) refused to give me her email address, (iii) refused to give me any information other than her first name due to company policy. I was told once again that my issue will be resolved, that my emails will be restored, and that the server techs will look into the settings on the server so they server will stop deleting my emails. I was also told that somebody will call me to update me on the progress of the issue. As a result, I now have the earliest emails currently in the account is from [protected], i.e. a mere week before the latest deletion incident.

1and1.com — 1and1.com worst web hosting service

39587 1and1.com worst web hosting service Very bad service 1and1.com - professional solutions for website, domain, hosting worst web hosting Ripp off bad customer service This is the...

1&1 — worst company in any category

1&1 is by far the worst company that I have ever come across in any business category and I am 43 years old and have done business with 1000's of businesses. I will put it a...

1and1.comfraudulent charges

I have a home package with 1and1 internet services. This costs & pound;6.28 +vat per month and provides web hosting/email services. On checking my credit card statement I discovered they have been charging me an extra & pound;19.99 per month +vat for their 'web site package'. This is for people wishing to build their own web sites. The total amount they have stolen from my credit card is now & pound;359.80. I have never requested this package and was absolutely shocked and horrified when I discovered they had been charging me for it. When I complained to their call centre which I believe is in the phillipines the people there did everything they could to obfuscate and obscure what is a blatant act of fraud. There replies were all the same; 'you must have requested it, or we wouldn't have been charging you for it'. A search on google of '1and1 complaints reveals that thousands of others have been caught by the same scam. I have now contacted the serious fraud office, and have issued a county court claim to try and recover my money. People should avoid this criminal outfit like the plague. You have been warned!!

• Sp
    Springfield Pallet Company Apr 03, 2014

1and1.com signed me up for their 1and1 Local List so that i would show up on Google searches but never even submitted it to Google. I have called several times been put on hold for, hung up on, and never received any help resolving the issue.
    DO NOT LET THEM SCAM YOU!!!

1&1 Internet, Inc.unfair debt collection

December 12 2013

Today I opened two envelope mails from a collector called nco financial systems, inc to my surprise they are collecting a debt on behalf of a web hosting website I initially enrolled with 120 days ago. I am certain that I called them in response to their emails that I owed them money for a lesser amount than what nco financial systems is trying to get from me. Like I said I received on the same day two mails dated the same day one was to collect $14.97 and the second was for $18.95, this is unamerican! So here I am at the mercy of another collector who is going to horribly impact my credit report. My issue is that 1&1 representatives are horribly disorganize, & uninformed for telling me that my account is in good standing when apparently it is not. Another thing is how these types of collection can have such an adverse effect on credit ratings regardless of the results.

unfair debt collection

1and1.com — fraudent website marketing

39587 After being a web hosting customer for 6.5 years paying $15/month, I get a call on a Friday afternoon from some telemarketing nut wanting me to take the 1and1 Website builder...

1and1.com — block or lock account

Customer id [protected] My hosting company 1and1.com blocked my account without a reason and lock all websites from been publish to internet. I further ask 1and1.com unlock my...

1and1.combe wary of 1and1.com

I had previously used 4smartphone.net for my hosted Exchange service, but unfortunately after dealing with numerous issues and problems from that provider, I was forced to switch elsewhere. I did some further research before making the switch (although the switch had to occur pretty quickly due to circumstances beyond my control – i.e. 4smartphone.net completely crashing and therefore removing my ability to send/receive email or access my mailbox data), and finally settled on 1&1 (1and1.com) for my new hosted Exchange provider. One of the reasons I chose them was because I figured they were a much larger, more established company, so not only would I hopefully get better service and support, but the chances of a repeat of what happened with 4smartphone occurring again were slim. While I was right that an exact repeat didn’t occur, I was wrong to think I would get better service and support from them!

Almost immediately after signing up for their service, I encountered what would be the first of many problems with their service. After moving all my mailbox data over to 1&1, I changed my phone (at the time a Windows Mobile device) to sync with 1&1. Right away, my phone requested that I accept some security policies that were required by 1&1’s Exchange servers. Figuring that it wouldn’t really impact me (since I already was using a passcode/PIN to secure my device), I went ahead and accepted them. Immediately after doing that, my phone pretty much died (couldn’t connect to anything via Bluetooth without a reset, couldn’t receive incoming calls, no reminders appeared any longer, and more), ultimately requiring that I rebuild it from scratch. After talking to Palm level 3 technical support (yes, my phone was a Palm Treo), we all came to the conclusion that somehow the enforcement of 1&1’s security policies on my device had caused the issue (especially since all of the issues began occurring right after I accepted 1&1’s security policies and I hadn’t made any other changes to my device). I attempted to contact 1&1 customer/technical support for assistance, but all I got was the run-around and rude responses (one even culminating in them hanging up the phone on me). At one point, I was told that the security policy could be disabled for me, but in my numerous attempts to follow up on that and get them to do so, they kept refusing. Unfortunately, given that this occurred so long ago, I can’t quite remember what the ultimate resolution of this issue was, although I suspect they finally did disable the security policies for me (which, according to Microsoft, was a very simple procedure they could do that would only impact my account and wouldn’t cause any security vulnerabilities to 1&1) since I remained a customer of theirs for a while longer.

Not soon after the above problem, further issues arose. Some of these included:
- Lack of response to further questions I had for them (which only reinforced what I had learned from the above issue – that they had very poor customer and technical support)
- Connectivity issues between my locally installed copy of Outlook and their Exchange servers
o Almost every morning when I woke up and went to look at my computer, pop-up balloons from the Outlook icon in the system tray indicated that the connection had failed several times throughout the night
o At random, sporadic times, my connection between Outlook and their Exchange servers would just fail for periods of time, thus causing me to have to work offline in Outlook and not have access to my most current information (or be able to receive or send email)
- Access issues with Outlook Web Access (OWA) and Outlook Mobile Access (OMA):
o At times I would be able to browse to the login screens, but would be unable to log in – the system would reject my credentials or provide me with error messages
o Other times, the login pages themselves would not load
o At one point, there was an outage that lasted for a significant period of time and which they finally informed me of, but during the other instances there was no real support response or resolution
o They also kept trying to redirect me to use other login pages, and not only was this annoying, but it didn’t usually help fix the problems.

What finally was the “straw that broke the camel’s back” was a synchronization issue that occurred in mid-2008. Somehow, my mobile device began to attempt to synchronize with 1&1’s Exchange servers every minute despite it being set to only attempt a sync when new mail items arrived (or I imagine when I made changes to items on my mobile device that then had to be sync’ed back to the Exchange server). Obviously, this was a real problem because it was rapidly draining my battery. Despite requesting assistance from 1&1 yet again, I got nowhere with them, and ultimately had to once more hard reset my phone and rebuild it from scratch. At that point, however, I decided that I’d had enough of 1&1 and begin looking elsewhere for a company to use as a hosted Exchange provider.

Even after I’d left their company and was in the process of cancelling my account, 1&1 couldn’t seem to resist one last parting shot at me. I wanted to make sure that after I cancelled my account, 1&1 would delete all of my data that they had previously stored and not retain it for any reason (obviously there was plenty of confidential information stored within my Exchange mailbox). Despite repeated and pointed emails to 1&1 customer support where I very specifically asked and insisted that they delete my data, they continually responded with vague information about my account being in the cancellation phase and never once gave me any sort of reassuring response that my data would be safely deleted and not retained.

Overall, while using this company wasn’t quite as bad as my previous experience with 4smartphone.net, it was still pretty horrible, causing me numerous times where I couldn’t access my data, as well as 2 separate instances where I had to waste time rebuilding my smart phone because of issues on their end.

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure (which I’m always in favor of), the above situations occurred while I was a customer of 1&1 from early 2007 to mid-2008. I know this is a long time ago, and it’s very possible that 1&1 now operates differently and/or has corrected the issues I experienced, but the fact remains that I did experience all of the above problems and I wanted to warn other potential customers out there to be wary when dealing with 1&1.

1and1.com — fraud

I purchased domain names and related services from 1and1. They have biled me "non stop" for services I did not authorize, and then threatened to send me to collections if I did...

1and1.comcancel contract

I have never had my website hosted my 1and1.com, the customer service department would not help me get it up, and yet I am being charged every month. Customer service told me it would cost over $30 to cancel a contract which I never signed. I want my contract cancelled immediately and I want a refund for all the fraudulent charges made to my account for no rendered services. -Travis King

1and1.comhorrible cancellation process

Hopefully you'll never purchase a domain name from 1and1. I purchased a domain name last January for ~$40 thinking that I would use it and maintain it all year. Well, that never happened and I figured I would just cancel the service.

Herein lies the problem. The way to cancel a 1and1 domain name is to pull your own teeth out. I cancelled once and then a week later I received an email from them saying that they were so thankful that I decided to not cancel and stay. This was odd since I already had cancelled my domain name. Did it again, same thing.

Interestingly enough, two weeks ago I received an $84 charge on my account for that domain name. Haven't used it in eight months and two cancellations later, I have this $84 charge. I'd like to call them and give them a piece of my mind but their "customer service" hours are only between 9AM-5PM...not super great if you have a stressful job and work during those hours.

They also started calling me at least every day for the past month saying how I should try their new service or whatever, I honestly don't know since I've hung up every single time.

Take my advice, don't buy anything from 1and1.

1and1.comcheating

I registered a domain through 1and1, I got a rep call me a few days after that, saying I can try some service and the service is completely free if I cancel it in one month. For unknown reason I was persuaded by this person and I agreed to try the service. However the email I received shows it was not what they told me so I immediately cancelled it online, but their system is deliberately designed to have me call in to talk to a live person. Fine, I waited a long long time and spoke to someone and get confirmed that the service is cancelled and no cost is generated.

Two days later I received a billing email showing some amount will be charged from my credit card.

I tried to call back and off course waited long long time to a live person and the guy refused to talk to me saying he needs to talk to my wife who doesn't speak English, I asked him I can get my wife to authorize me to talk to him but he insisted that he can only speak to her, so I asked him to transfer the call to his manager, and again, the system was deliberately designed to put me on hold and suddenly disconnect me.

1and1 is so cheap! the bill is only 24 cents!!! they don't care about their name by ripping 24 cents from their clients!

I can't believe this happened here. Shame on 1and1

• Gr
    greatguynatl Nov 23, 2014

They dont care, they sold me a domain and took my money knowing they had some issue providing what I purchased but never disclosed it upfront.

1 And 1 Internet, Inc. / Mywebsite — fraudulent charges for services not needed or requested

I was charged $239.88 for a year's worth of internet services which I had never requested. A salesman had called to offer the service and I said that I was not interested. I...

1&1 — scam

I was charged for a service I did not request, and locked into a year long contract without my consent or authorization. When calling and emailing 1&1 internet about this, they...

1&1 Internet, Inc. — domain names had been deleted against customer will and without any notice.

Suddenly, my website become inaccessible, then found the related domain name registered at 1and1 was deleted from my domains list against my will and without any notice. I passed...

1&1 Internet, Inc. — they charge money for domain I never use.

40506 They charge money for domain I never use. Half year ago I had tried they offer for one month free domain. But it was absolutely not workable and I did not touch it anymore. They...

1and1.comhiddenfees behind their low prices

Be aware of 1and1.com and their apparent cheap domain prices are so because they spate their initial cost of domain purchase price from their what they call registration fee which when combined with other charges such as what they call contract package which is where your domain is held you are in for a big surprise. Then if you decide to let a name run out and not renew it they will charge you $18 late fee and send the collection agency after you. In addition if you have a few names they will keep trying to bulk debit without you knowing or any prior invoicing to the effect. They stole 4309 from my bank . don’t do any automatic payment arrangements with them if you need to be with them. My advice is to stay away from these corporate Nazis. 1and1.com are ripp off merchants, 1and1.com are highwaymen, 1and1.com are robbers, 1and1.com are no good

1and1.com — false advertisement

1and1 websites has kept my domain hostage for 4months after I tried to use their so called 30day trial To attempt to change website like I wanted. I transferred my site from host...

1and1.comcanceling

I sighned up for just a domain a week later they called to add a service I told them I didnt need it they said they would give me a free trial for 30 days then I can cancel with no hassle I never used the service cause I didnt need it they charged me I got charged by my bank for over drafting and it wasnt even 30 days later I called to cancel and they said I couldnt yet cause it had not been 30 days wich it was by that time and they already charged me if it had not been 30 days why would they charge me I dont need the service cause I dont use it never have used it since I got it I would like to cancel immediatley or I will take further action complaint # [protected]

1&1deplorable service

1&1 is singularly the worst company I have dealt with in 48 years in business. I hardly have the energy to detail what they have put me through in. After more than 10 years in business with them, paying each bill automatically on date of charge, they shut me down, shut off my email account so that everyone in my company is unable to use email. This because I had an outstanding balance of $29. Why outstanding? Because for some reason (later determined to be the number on back of the credit card)
my $29 charge did not go through. This action with no notice to me. Just one day...VOILA! No email. After speaking to and fighting with multiple staffers, my mail was "up and running, " and I wrote them the new security code.

TODAY I' am shut down again. No notice. Multiple non-helpful staffers finally told me where to make a change on-iine (the ONLY way we can take changes)...and told me their shut down would be lifted within the next two business day (later changed to "the next four hours.") and if I didn't like that (I didn't) I could reach their Complaint Department, but "ONLY BY EMAIL" That shut down, I have zero options. When I pointed that out, on a fourth call, the staffer told me before hanging up, "Have a nice day!" Again, no one in my organization is able to send or receive email.

How can such a company be in business?

• Do
    Dougan Dec 18, 2009

We initiated a DNS redirect of our domain from 1 & 1 internet ltd to a new DNS host. Meanwhile I also initiated a domain transfer request from 1 & 1 internet to the new registrar. This resulted in a domain registration error and consequently we have lost all our email and website access. This has persisted for 5 days despite our best efforts to re-initiate service.

The support staff are un-cooperative and un-helpful in dealing with this domain registration error which should be an easy fix.

We sent 3 emails per day to the support and transfers desk (support at 1and1.co.uk and transfers at 1and1.co.uk) and the response is woeful at best (an automated response informs you that they will respond in 24 hours, but I have heard very little). In 5 days I have received 1 email in return.

I contacted the support telephone number twice per day for the last 4 days. The call routes to the Philippines where the call centre staff are unable to perform any functions other than to record the details of the conversation on an email which is then sent to the technical team (in New York). In addition, the call quality is extremely poor (phasing in and out).

In summary we have found 1 & 1 internet to be extremely unhelpful and at best obstructive in our case. This has severely impacted our business.

I urge anyone thinking of doing business with 1 and 1 internet to be extremely aware of their terrible customer service.

• Lo
    Loger Dec 18, 2009

This company has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They are extremely egotistical, full of attitude, and refuse to look at the big picture...working to satisfy the customer. Very disappointing!

• Re
    Reviewer81855 Oct 15, 2015

I have been having problems with my 1 & 1 email service. It's been slower and slower getting email's to me, and now today I cannot even get on the email service at all. What is going on?????????

1and1.com — account cancellation

I signed up via the internet and at no time was in told or informed it was a years contract and could not be cancelled. I want to cancel and now I am told I can not. I do not...

1&1 Internet Ltd.refuse to cancel account

I have been trying to cancel my account with 1 & 1 internet ltd for about three months. They just keep fobbing me off with excuses. I had an email a few days ago saying I had insufficient funds in my paypal account. I wonder why! This morning I receive a letter through the post with the same information telling me to update my funds in paypal, so I can afford to pay. Do you think I can afford to do this, no. This is why I have decided to do some research, and was surprised to see so many people having similar problems.
I wanted to cancel my account originally because the site was not what I wanted, but now I don't want anything to do with the company ever again. Why do people have to scam others? How are other people to get on managing a business online with scammers like these and others. I think there should be some stricter rules on the internet, to find these companies out sooner, before ripping us off.

Mary Frances Watson Jun 29, 2012

I have to cancel my pay pal account I have had for years because 1&1 websites will not cancel my account. I have made 3 attempts. They give me erroneous info on how to cancel. Another "foreign" voice with broken English told me after I asked to cancel on the second try- "ok, please hold and I will transfer you to the customer service ". When she transferred my call to cancel, a recording came on and said, " I am sorry you have called at a time outside of our business hours of 9-5 PM EST. " It was 4:30 PM EST. I am
    not happy with their set up on how to build a website. It is extremely customer unfriendly.
    Now, on top of the frustration of not being able to use their site they refuse to cancel my account by giving me the run around. On the cancellation webpage it won't take my customer number- keeps telling me it is wrong. When I talked to the girl she got into my account with it and I told her I was putting in the correct number before and it said it was wrong. They have it setup to not cancel so they can charge your card. I have not checked yet but I can assure you they have charged something on my card before the 14 day free trial. I would recommend everyone to stay away from these people and now after I signed up i find they are not in the United States. (UK). unedited for typos, etc.