Having problems with 1&1 Ionos?

1&1 Ionos reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 26, 2007. The latest review Charges was posted on Mar 5, 2021. The latest complaint 1and1.com worst web hosting service was resolved on Sep 17, 2014. 1&1 Ionos has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 102 reviews. 1&1 Ionos has resolved 54 complaints.

1&1 Ionos Customer Service Contacts

+1 484 254 5555 (24/7 Support)
+1 267 481 7982 (Enterprise Cloud customers)
Elgendorfer Str. 57
Sun24h

1&1 Ionos Complaints & Reviews

1and1.com1and1.com worst web hosting service

1and1.com worst web hosting service

Very bad service 1and1.com - professional solutions for website, domain, hosting worst web hosting

This is the worst web hosting service for support
They keep you on hold for over 30 minutes, and always trying to scam you by forcefully trying to get you to change the registrar to their company.
If you do transfer the registrar they make it very difficult for you to get your

1and1.com worst web hosting service

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

• Je
      JEROD LEE Sep 17, 2014

1AND1.COM WORST WEB HOSTING SERVICE

Very BAD SERVICE 1and1.com - Professional solutions for Website, Domain, Hosting WORST WEB HOSTING

THIS IS THE WORST WEB HOSTING SERVICE FOR SUPPORT
      THEY KEEP YOU ON HOLD FOR OVER 30 MINUTES, AND ALWAYS TRYING TO SCAM YOU BY FORCEFULLY TRYING TO GET YOU TO CHANGE THE REGISTRAR TO THEIR COMPANY.
      IF YOU DO TRANSFER THE REGISTRAR THEY MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO GET YOUR

Comments

1&1worst company in any category

1&1 is by far the worst company that I have ever come across in any business category and I am 43 years old and have done business with 1000's of businesses. I will put it as plain and simple as I can, you will get better service if you went to a buy here and pay here car sales with a salesman who is fresh out of jail and an IQ of 5 even if that's possible. This company absolutely does not care about customer service and it shows in there business model set up. There are no phone numbers or email addresses for any management in customer service and you have to hunt for a direct line to a customer service department, when you call the main number there is not an option for customer service. When you call and hit the option for tech support you get a call center in the Philippians and good luck dealing with that call center. I had nothing but serious issues from day 1 with 1&1 and I was with them for 8 months, I am currently trying to transfer my domain name which I own and they currently holding my domain name hostage. I had employees there saying if I want to use my domain that I have to sign back up with them, they have denied my transfer of my domain name 3 times now and no one at 1&1 has the intelligence or even the care of doing the right thing to get my domain name transferred. The new company that I am transferring my domain to is doing everything right on there end and they even showed me a email where 1&1 denied the transfer 3 times now. Do not do business with 1&1 internet they are the worst company period!

• Ur
        Uri Idstrom Oct 11, 2014

I am investigating 1&1 Internet's fraudulent billing practices. If 1&1 Internet billed you for services without your authorization, failed to cancel services at your request or sent you to collections for unauthorized debt, feel free to contact The Eureka Law Firm at [email protected] The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.

1and1.comfraudulent charges

I have a home package with 1and1 internet services. This costs & pound;6.28 +vat per month and provides web hosting/email services. On checking my credit card statement I discovered they have been charging me an extra & pound;19.99 per month +vat for their 'web site package'. This is for people wishing to build their own web sites. The total amount they have stolen from my credit card is now & pound;359.80. I have never requested this package and was absolutely shocked and horrified when I discovered they had been charging me for it. When I complained to their call centre which I believe is in the phillipines the people there did everything they could to obfuscate and obscure what is a blatant act of fraud. There replies were all the same; 'you must have requested it, or we wouldn't have been charging you for it'. A search on google of '1and1 complaints reveals that thousands of others have been caught by the same scam. I have now contacted the serious fraud office, and have issued a county court claim to try and recover my money. People should avoid this criminal outfit like the plague. You have been warned!!

• Sp
          Springfield Pallet Company Apr 03, 2014

1and1.com signed me up for their 1and1 Local List so that i would show up on Google searches but never even submitted it to Google. I have called several times been put on hold for, hung up on, and never received any help resolving the issue.
          DO NOT LET THEM SCAM YOU!!!

1&1 Internet, Inc.unfair debt collection

December 12 2013

Today I opened two envelope mails from a collector called nco financial systems, inc to my surprise they are collecting a debt on behalf of a web hosting website I initially enrolled with 120 days ago. I am certain that I called them in response to their emails that I owed them money for a lesser amount than what nco financial systems is trying to get from me. Like I said I received on the same day two mails dated the same day one was to collect $14.97 and the second was for $18.95, this is unamerican! So here I am at the mercy of another collector who is going to horribly impact my credit report. My issue is that 1&1 representatives are horribly disorganize, & uninformed for telling me that my account is in good standing when apparently it is not. Another thing is how these types of collection can have such an adverse effect on credit ratings regardless of the results.

unfair debt collection

1and1.com — fraudent website marketing

After being a web hosting customer for 6.5 years paying $15/month, I get a call on a Friday afternoon from...

1and1.com — block or lock account

Customer id [protected] My hosting company 1and1.com blocked my account without a reason and lock all website...

1and1.combe wary of 1and1.com

I had previously used 4smartphone.net for my hosted Exchange service, but unfortunately after dealing with numerous issues and problems from that provider, I was forced to switch elsewhere. I did some further research before making the switch (although the switch had to occur pretty quickly due to circumstances beyond my control – i.e. 4smartphone.net completely crashing and therefore removing my ability to send/receive email or access my mailbox data), and finally settled on 1&1 (1and1.com) for my new hosted Exchange provider. One of the reasons I chose them was because I figured they were a much larger, more established company, so not only would I hopefully get better service and support, but the chances of a repeat of what happened with 4smartphone occurring again were slim. While I was right that an exact repeat didn’t occur, I was wrong to think I would get better service and support from them!

Almost immediately after signing up for their service, I encountered what would be the first of many problems with their service. After moving all my mailbox data over to 1&1, I changed my phone (at the time a Windows Mobile device) to sync with 1&1. Right away, my phone requested that I accept some security policies that were required by 1&1’s Exchange servers. Figuring that it wouldn’t really impact me (since I already was using a passcode/PIN to secure my device), I went ahead and accepted them. Immediately after doing that, my phone pretty much died (couldn’t connect to anything via Bluetooth without a reset, couldn’t receive incoming calls, no reminders appeared any longer, and more), ultimately requiring that I rebuild it from scratch. After talking to Palm level 3 technical support (yes, my phone was a Palm Treo), we all came to the conclusion that somehow the enforcement of 1&1’s security policies on my device had caused the issue (especially since all of the issues began occurring right after I accepted 1&1’s security policies and I hadn’t made any other changes to my device). I attempted to contact 1&1 customer/technical support for assistance, but all I got was the run-around and rude responses (one even culminating in them hanging up the phone on me). At one point, I was told that the security policy could be disabled for me, but in my numerous attempts to follow up on that and get them to do so, they kept refusing. Unfortunately, given that this occurred so long ago, I can’t quite remember what the ultimate resolution of this issue was, although I suspect they finally did disable the security policies for me (which, according to Microsoft, was a very simple procedure they could do that would only impact my account and wouldn’t cause any security vulnerabilities to 1&1) since I remained a customer of theirs for a while longer.

Not soon after the above problem, further issues arose. Some of these included:
          - Lack of response to further questions I had for them (which only reinforced what I had learned from the above issue – that they had very poor customer and technical support)
          - Connectivity issues between my locally installed copy of Outlook and their Exchange servers
          o Almost every morning when I woke up and went to look at my computer, pop-up balloons from the Outlook icon in the system tray indicated that the connection had failed several times throughout the night
          o At random, sporadic times, my connection between Outlook and their Exchange servers would just fail for periods of time, thus causing me to have to work offline in Outlook and not have access to my most current information (or be able to receive or send email)
          - Access issues with Outlook Web Access (OWA) and Outlook Mobile Access (OMA):
          o At times I would be able to browse to the login screens, but would be unable to log in – the system would reject my credentials or provide me with error messages
          o Other times, the login pages themselves would not load
          o At one point, there was an outage that lasted for a significant period of time and which they finally informed me of, but during the other instances there was no real support response or resolution
          o They also kept trying to redirect me to use other login pages, and not only was this annoying, but it didn’t usually help fix the problems.

What finally was the “straw that broke the camel’s back” was a synchronization issue that occurred in mid-2008. Somehow, my mobile device began to attempt to synchronize with 1&1’s Exchange servers every minute despite it being set to only attempt a sync when new mail items arrived (or I imagine when I made changes to items on my mobile device that then had to be sync’ed back to the Exchange server). Obviously, this was a real problem because it was rapidly draining my battery. Despite requesting assistance from 1&1 yet again, I got nowhere with them, and ultimately had to once more hard reset my phone and rebuild it from scratch. At that point, however, I decided that I’d had enough of 1&1 and begin looking elsewhere for a company to use as a hosted Exchange provider.

Even after I’d left their company and was in the process of cancelling my account, 1&1 couldn’t seem to resist one last parting shot at me. I wanted to make sure that after I cancelled my account, 1&1 would delete all of my data that they had previously stored and not retain it for any reason (obviously there was plenty of confidential information stored within my Exchange mailbox). Despite repeated and pointed emails to 1&1 customer support where I very specifically asked and insisted that they delete my data, they continually responded with vague information about my account being in the cancellation phase and never once gave me any sort of reassuring response that my data would be safely deleted and not retained.

Overall, while using this company wasn’t quite as bad as my previous experience with 4smartphone.net, it was still pretty horrible, causing me numerous times where I couldn’t access my data, as well as 2 separate instances where I had to waste time rebuilding my smart phone because of issues on their end.

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure (which I’m always in favor of), the above situations occurred while I was a customer of 1&1 from early 2007 to mid-2008. I know this is a long time ago, and it’s very possible that 1&1 now operates differently and/or has corrected the issues I experienced, but the fact remains that I did experience all of the above problems and I wanted to warn other potential customers out there to be wary when dealing with 1&1.

1and1.com — fraud

I purchased domain names and related services from 1and1. They have biled me "non stop" for services I did...

1and1.comcancel contract

I have never had my website hosted my 1and1.com, the customer service department would not help me get it up, and yet I am being charged every month. Customer service told me it would cost over $30 to cancel a contract which I never signed. I want my contract cancelled immediately and I want a refund for all the fraudulent charges made to my account for no rendered services. -Travis King

1and1.comhorrible cancellation process

Hopefully you'll never purchase a domain name from 1and1. I purchased a domain name last January for ~$40 thinking that I would use it and maintain it all year. Well, that never happened and I figured I would just cancel the service.

Herein lies the problem. The way to cancel a 1and1 domain name is to pull your own teeth out. I cancelled once and then a week later I received an email from them saying that they were so thankful that I decided to not cancel and stay. This was odd since I already had cancelled my domain name. Did it again, same thing.

Interestingly enough, two weeks ago I received an $84 charge on my account for that domain name. Haven't used it in eight months and two cancellations later, I have this $84 charge. I'd like to call them and give them a piece of my mind but their "customer service" hours are only between 9AM-5PM...not super great if you have a stressful job and work during those hours.

They also started calling me at least every day for the past month saying how I should try their new service or whatever, I honestly don't know since I've hung up every single time.

Take my advice, don't buy anything from 1and1.

1and1.comcheating

I registered a domain through 1and1, I got a rep call me a few days after that, saying I can try some service and the service is completely free if I cancel it in one month. For unknown reason I was persuaded by this person and I agreed to try the service. However the email I received shows it was not what they told me so I immediately cancelled it online, but their system is deliberately designed to have me call in to talk to a live person. Fine, I waited a long long time and spoke to someone and get confirmed that the service is cancelled and no cost is generated.

Two days later I received a billing email showing some amount will be charged from my credit card.

I tried to call back and off course waited long long time to a live person and the guy refused to talk to me saying he needs to talk to my wife who doesn't speak English, I asked him I can get my wife to authorize me to talk to him but he insisted that he can only speak to her, so I asked him to transfer the call to his manager, and again, the system was deliberately designed to put me on hold and suddenly disconnect me.

1and1 is so cheap! the bill is only 24 cents!!! they don't care about their name by ripping 24 cents from their clients!

I can't believe this happened here. Shame on 1and1

• Gr
                    greatguynatl Nov 23, 2014

They dont care, they sold me a domain and took my money knowing they had some issue providing what I purchased but never disclosed it upfront.

1 And 1 Internet, Inc. / Mywebsite — fraudulent charges for services not needed or requested

I was charged $239.88 for a year's worth of internet services which I had never requested. A salesman had...

1&1 — scam

I was charged for a service I did not request, and locked into a year long contract without my consent or...

1&1 Internet, Inc. — domain names had been deleted against customer will and without any notice.

Suddenly, my website become inaccessible, then found the related domain name registered at 1and1 was deleted...

1&1 Internet, Inc. — they charge money for domain I never use.

They charge money for domain I never use. Half year ago I had tried they offer for one month free domain. But...

1and1.comhiddenfees behind their low prices

Be aware of 1and1.com and their apparent cheap domain prices are so because they spate their initial cost of domain purchase price from their what they call registration fee which when combined with other charges such as what they call contract package which is where your domain is held you are in for a big surprise. Then if you decide to let a name run out and not renew it they will charge you $18 late fee and send the collection agency after you. In addition if you have a few names they will keep trying to bulk debit without you knowing or any prior invoicing to the effect. They stole 4309 from my bank . don’t do any automatic payment arrangements with them if you need to be with them. My advice is to stay away from these corporate Nazis. 1and1.com are ripp off merchants, 1and1.com are highwaymen, 1and1.com are robbers, 1and1.com are no good

1and1.comfalse advertisement

1and1 websites has kept my domain hostage for 4months after I tried to use their so called 30day trial
                    To attempt to change website like I wanted. I transferred my site from host monster and it has been a nightmare ever since. They were terrible, when it finally transferred after weeks of calling and calling it came over with lots of pages "missing". I was furious but thought I could re-build them.
                    I attempted to use the site builder and it was the worst program I could imagine, very difficult to understand and couldn't get the site even near like I wanted it. I immediately tried to transfer and they have held my domain hostage charging me $179-$200 (Worst experience ever and I hope this company goes bankrupt) 1and1 has cost me countless leads and money from those leads because they have had my website shut down. I am contacting an attorney and suing them...

1and1.comcanceling

I sighned up for just a domain a week later they called to add a service I told them I didnt need it they said they would give me a free trial for 30 days then I can cancel with no hassle I never used the service cause I didnt need it they charged me I got charged by my bank for over drafting and it wasnt even 30 days later I called to cancel and they said I couldnt yet cause it had not been 30 days wich it was by that time and they already charged me if it had not been 30 days why would they charge me I dont need the service cause I dont use it never have used it since I got it I would like to cancel immediatley or I will take further action complaint # [protected]

1&1deplorable service

1&1 is singularly the worst company I have dealt with in 48 years in business. I hardly have the energy to detail what they have put me through in. After more than 10 years in business with them, paying each bill automatically on date of charge, they shut me down, shut off my email account so that everyone in my company is unable to use email. This because I had an outstanding balance of $29. Why outstanding? Because for some reason (later determined to be the number on back of the credit card)
                        my $29 charge did not go through. This action with no notice to me. Just one day...VOILA! No email. After speaking to and fighting with multiple staffers, my mail was "up and running, " and I wrote them the new security code.

TODAY I' am shut down again. No notice. Multiple non-helpful staffers finally told me where to make a change on-iine (the ONLY way we can take changes)...and told me their shut down would be lifted within the next two business day (later changed to "the next four hours.") and if I didn't like that (I didn't) I could reach their Complaint Department, but "ONLY BY EMAIL" That shut down, I have zero options. When I pointed that out, on a fourth call, the staffer told me before hanging up, "Have a nice day!" Again, no one in my organization is able to send or receive email.

How can such a company be in business?

• Re
                            Reviewer81855 Oct 15, 2015

I have been having problems with my 1 & 1 email service. It's been slower and slower getting email's to me, and now today I cannot even get on the email service at all. What is going on?????????

• Lo
                            Loger Dec 18, 2009

This company has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. They are extremely egotistical, full of attitude, and refuse to look at the big picture...working to satisfy the customer. Very disappointing!

• Do
                            Dougan Dec 18, 2009

We initiated a DNS redirect of our domain from 1 & 1 internet ltd to a new DNS host. Meanwhile I also initiated a domain transfer request from 1 & 1 internet to the new registrar. This resulted in a domain registration error and consequently we have lost all our email and website access. This has persisted for 5 days despite our best efforts to re-initiate service.

The support staff are un-cooperative and un-helpful in dealing with this domain registration error which should be an easy fix.

We sent 3 emails per day to the support and transfers desk (support at 1and1.co.uk and transfers at 1and1.co.uk) and the response is woeful at best (an automated response informs you that they will respond in 24 hours, but I have heard very little). In 5 days I have received 1 email in return.

I contacted the support telephone number twice per day for the last 4 days. The call routes to the Philippines where the call centre staff are unable to perform any functions other than to record the details of the conversation on an email which is then sent to the technical team (in New York). In addition, the call quality is extremely poor (phasing in and out).

In summary we have found 1 & 1 internet to be extremely unhelpful and at best obstructive in our case. This has severely impacted our business.

I urge anyone thinking of doing business with 1 and 1 internet to be extremely aware of their terrible customer service.

1and1.comaccount cancellation

I signed up via the internet and at no time was in told or informed it was a years contract and could not be cancelled. I want to cancel and now I am told I can not. I do not beleive a reputable company wound not allow a prty to cancel in this economy. I do not want any oney takes out of my account my business is failing and I do not need to service. This is not a threat but if your company does not allw me to cancel I will write a unch of reviews via facebook and on your sight repeately your 1and1 dos not need anymore ba press. Give me your answer now and the reviews will not be posted.