Comcast / Xfinity Logo

Comcast / Xfinity

Having problems with Comcast / Xfinity?

+1 800 934 6489 (Support)
+1 877 231 8749 (Hospitality - Questions & Ordering)
+1 800 741 4141 (Ethernet - Customer Support & Care)
+1 866 429 2321 (Business VoiceEdge - Questions & Ordering)
+1 877 761 7401 (Business VoiceEdge - Customer Support)
+1 877 543 3961 (PRI Trunks - Customer Support)
+1 877 229 5999 (Hospitality - Customer Support)
+1 855 867 5010 (Upware Marketplace - Questions & Ordering)
+1 866 950 3789 (Upware Marketplace - Customer Support)
1701 JFK Boulevard
Thu4:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri4:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat4:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Comcast / Xfinity.

Complaints & Reviews

Comcast — rude and drunk

Comcast guy came to install the cable in my mothers home. My mother is 76 years old he was so rude and...

Comcast Cablestealing my equipment

I am in disbelief how incredibly bad Comcast has been.

A comcast representative in BestBuy approached me telling me I could get a better deal for triple play than my current comcast service. He looked up my account and even told me I was paying way too much for it. He set me up, but I had to 'cancel' my existing service before I could switch to the bundle. I received a letter stating I would receive a check for $38.86 for the unused balance of my old service. I received a check for $3.86 instead. Called them up and they said I did not return the cable modem, hence the $35 fee. I OWN my modem!! I now have to prove that my equipment is my own.

A new installer would have to come and install the new HD box. $50 fee.

TV worked, but internet only worked to comcast site, no other sites.

HOURS on the phone finally got the internet working.

Received a HD Tivo as a gift. Could not use it unless you pay the Comcast tax for a cable card. I was told a installer HAS to come out and plug the card in for me. Installer takes several of my splitters and cables I had laying out. Says that I won't need these. After he leaves find out only the basic cable worked on Tivo, not the HD stations I am paying for.

HOURS on the phone. They said they had to send another installer out. The installer comes, and calls to his office. He says the 'billing code' was not set correctly in the computer. I receive a $50 charge on my bill for this 'SERVICE'.

I will be switching to AT&T as soon as the current offer expires, and hopefully never return. I've also convinced many other people to switch to another provider.

Comcast (Shreveport, La)self-installation kit

Purchased comcast internet service for my parents for christmas 2010. I live in a differnt state. My father was going to purchase a computer after he saw what mine could do with connected internet services. The self-install kit arrived before I flew in from out of town, so I asked my mother to put it aside, and she did. When I got there, it was the friday night before the holiday. I didn't get the chance to plug the self-install kit until that sunday. So, I rememberd the guy telling me over the phone that they would send a modem. Well, the modem did not arrive with the kit. That sunday, it was too late to track the order, so I went to bestbuy to purchase a modem. I called comcast services, told them that I had gone out to purchase a modem because one did not come with the self-install kit. You'd think they would write that down. After hooking that up and calling in to open the service, I showed my father how the internet worked. He eventually said that he did not want the service. So a few days after getting back home, I call in to cancel the service. The attendant on the line says that in shreveport, comcast cannot cancel the service without returning the modem. I told her that we had never seen the modem. Now they want to charge me for a modem I never received. Not only that, they do not want to cancel the service because they cannot find their modem. This sucks!!! I thought comcast was better than this. This is why I personally subscribe to at&t.

Comcast Promotional &bundles&beware of promotional offers

Comcast sells consumers promotional services that they call "bundles" or packages" to convince you to buy cable tv + internet + phone service. After the promotional time is done, they convert your services to the highest unbundled prices, which means they charge you for each service individually at their highest price, which amounts to double what you were sold.In my case, the salesperson told me that the price would go up a little, not 100%! Unfortunately I didn't check my bills and kept making payments. When I noticed and called, they told me that I could sign up for a bundle of the services that would save me a bunch of money each month! Well, yeah, that's what I thought i'd signed up for... Why they sold me a bundle and then not convert to the same bundle's normal price after the promotion ended is something that they do not acknowledge as a bad practice but something that I as a consumer should have been aware of by reading my bill carefully and calling in to request the "change"! They said they could not go back and adjust my bill. Nothing I could do but pay up. What happened to company ethics and trust? Definitely ethics is not alive in comcast.

• Do
          Dog.Zilla Jan 20, 2011

Comcast is a the culmination of 20 years of buying up the little guy over and over until you have a monopoly (nearly). My old house cable co. changed no less than 4 times before it was 'bought out' by Comcast. IF you pay their outrageous prices at all... you are proving to them that they are right in their strategies. Please dont pay them at all. Get a $10 NetFlix account for movies, and watch free OTA basic local HD TV channels and put those Comcast conglomerates in their place

Comcastrip off. almost ruined my credit score

I was moving overseas so I closed my internet account with Comcast on sep 10 at one of their stores. Was told my remaining balance is $66 and I will have a credit to my account of $6. Even got a receipt for the closing which shows 0 balance.

Just so happened that I have a buddy that was helping me collect my mail in the States. One of the mail was from a debt collector, collecting $26 for Comcast!!! and it was a notice to send bad debt to the credit bereau.

I called Comcast to get an explanation. They said that the billing cycle was not over and I was to expect another bill.

I said the Comcast guys at the outlett did not tell me I was supposed to get another bill. What they told me was that I was done on the payment and I am supposed to receive a credit. Guess what billing dept told me... she said, well, they guys at the store are not the billing experts. You should have called us, the billing department to clarify.

What an answer. So, everytime I close an account and I am told that I have a credit, I have to call billing department to get clarification! This is absurd and ridiculous!!!

If I did not have some one getting my mails for me, I would not have even seen that bill and my credit score would have been dinged.

I would tend to understand for utility services you would have to wait a billing cycle to know the final amount, but on a set monthly charge internet service charge that do not fluctuate, you would expect a new bill?!

Damm. Unbelievable! I know the amount is small, but, man it pisses me off that they would provide such answers and horrible service. Never again I will be a customer with Comcast. I hope you guys rot.

Comcastold business name on caller id

I have been a Comcast customer for over 3 years at my residence and home. About three weeks ago, the name of a pre-existing business appeared on my caller id. I contacted Comcast and they blamed AT&T for not updating their database. I was told this problem would be corrected in a few days. After waiting 4 days, nothing was done. I called a second time and was told this issue would be resolved in 7 to 10 days. Today this still remains a problem and I called Comcast again. I was told there was no notations or orders placed to correct this problem until today. Now I am told it will be resolved in 48 hours. I have decided if this is still an issue, I will be changing providers. Enough is enough and there is no excuse for this kind of incompetence. I laughed while watching the Comcast commercial the other day when a statement was made to the effect that customer service is important to them. If they are concerned about customers, then they need to do their job effectively and quit passing the blame to other companies!!!

Disgruntled KFC Customer Jan 07, 2011

It doesn't take 3 and 1/2 weeks to update a number in the database. That is called lazy. As for being upset, I pay for a service and that includes the caller Id option. And the problem with Comcast is that there are employees who just collect a paycheck and could care less about resolving customer complaints. But after calling in 3 times, finally I was fortunate enough to speak to a customer service rep that does actually care about resolution for the customer. So I am happy to report this issue has been resolved. Oh and by the way Dawn, I was wondering what position you hold at Comcast, since I am observative and noticed you reply on quite a few of the complaints on this blog...lol.

Disgruntled KFC Customer Feb 05, 2011

Seems people like yourself would have more to do with your time than reply to what you refer to as an idiotic post. Maybe I can direct you to apply for a position with Comcast..lol. And thanks for being so kind that my issue has been resolved. Now we can work on yours..lol.

• Wi
              williamblairsucks Mar 01, 2011

@ Dawniette - can't you just leave people alone with their complaint posts?????? Really, it's meant for them to let others know how they feel or experienced about a particular issue.
              You spewing your ### on this board really is a disruption. So please stop.

Comcast Xfinityhd Preferred Plusservice and billing

Have had the worst experience with comcast xfinity triple play service. Do not ever sign up with them!!!
            1. Signed me up for service but no cable connection available to the home
            2. After 2 months of going back and forth, dug up my driveway and brought cable to the doorstep
            3. Sales person promised me (By email) anyroom hd dvr for $10 / month with no equipment/installation fees. Installed non-hd boxes when they came out. After I complained, came out to fix, but started charging me $27/month and $56 for a host of installation and equipment fees
            4. I get $200+ bills every month and spend hours on the phone arguing with them..
            Xfinity sucks!!!

Comcastcomcast internet and phone

We moved from our store front to our home for our business because of the bad economy here in Michigan. My husband had signed a two year contact with Comcast business class so we basically had to get Comcast at our home to honor our agreement. Well its been 4 months and we have had Comcast out here at least once a week since cause our internet and phone go down all the time. I am sure we have lost business because how can customers get ahold of us if our internet and phone are down so much! We are once again waiting for Comcast to tell us they fixed the problem so next week we can have them come out once again cause the internet and phone are down. Comcast is a JOKE!

• Gr
                  Gr8r Technology Jan 26, 2011

There's a solution for that. www.Gr8rTechnology.com, click on "providers", then click on "Comcast".

Comcastfraudulent advertising/deception

I received a mailer from Comcast which stated: Starter XF Triple Play, plus triple play, hbo, starz, showtime, bravo, plus hd dvr for a year, plus internet and phone for $99. (1) they don't tell you about additional equiptment fees, taxes, that you will not receive an itemized phone bill, and that they charge in advance for services you haven't received yet. (2) Their billing is so complicated you can't figure it out even if your IQ is the size of Einstein's. So far, I have received two bills: $182.49 and $135.62. I had to give up Quest phone and internet service for this bundle. I have called them three times to ask them where is my $99.00 bill and what I got as a response was that I ordered preferred services. What they do is add these, charge you for it, and then tell you that you ordered them. The stress, time, and abuse of this company is not worth any services they offer. Call your local TV regulatory official and complain, then make a formal complaint to the FCC, and after that, contact your local representative to get them out of your state. They are abusive, manipulative, and deceptive. What isn't any business transaction straightforward any more? Why so much deception, fine print, evasion, manipulation???

• Ke
                    kemami Dec 30, 2010

Comcast DECEPTIVE practices !!

I was supposed to get $75 rebate last year. After several contact they told me they have sent me a check and the check was cashed. To make sure I checked my bank
                    and after investigation no such check was fund. The bank advised me to get a scan copy of the "check" from COMCAST, now COMCAST tells me no check was sent
                    to me since I did not send them an invoice they had requested in a letter " they had sent me". No such letter was received either.
                    This showes the degree of deception and lies COMCAST uses to maximize their profits.

K.E

• Zo
                    Zosia Feb 25, 2011

I agree, time to change to Digital TV. They have no customer service and this is a dirty shame

• Zo
                    Zosia Feb 25, 2011

It is a dirty shame, Comcast have no customer service. I had a fuzzy TV for 3 weeks call them 3 x they finally fixed it . I called theirs billing department for credit and they issue me BIG $3 dollars for one day. Told them not to insult me, and they can keep theirs $3 and shove it. I am looking at the different company for my TV!! Way to go Comcast!!!

• We
                    Wendi sullivan Nov 14, 2015

Comcast is the worst promised me a 500 gift card if I switched my service they said I would receive it after 3 months . I called today to see when they would be sending it their response was I was not eligible since I didn't pay my bill by the due day. My service was never interrupted and was paid monthly . This stipulation was never complicated when I signed up nor was it disclosed that I was entered in a 2 year contract which now they are saying if I cancel I will be charged a cancellation fee I asked for proof of a signed contract which they can't produce I am contacting my lawyer Monday and taking them to court. It's not about the 500gift card it's about the deception they do to people as far as I know you need to disclose information at the time the account is open not after so you don't have to give people what you promised.

Comcast Internet — theft

Comcast is the worst pack of lying thieves I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. We tried to sign up...

Comcast Tv Cable Service.unfair business practices

Warning!
                  Avoid comcast if you don't want to be another victm.
                  "rats "comcast "rats" unfair business practices. "legal thieves"
                  They can screw up everything but the bill. The bill is always so precise and so right (For comcast). The bill will show everything including things we were never aware of or told about. Good luck trying to solve any issues calling their customer service line (one of the top three worst customer service out there).
                  They have different answers for their customers of course none of them will benefit the customer's interest.
                  After a month of """"enjoying""" comcast cable services" I called to find out why I wasn't receiving the service I signed for. It was until then that I learn that I needed converters so we could get the service.
                  For over a month we tried to reset the tv and everything else we could think of but nothing worked. We were charged for the service even though we were not able to use it. I had more issues with this rats but for now I can only write this much.
                  I have spent so much time and effort with this rats that I thought it was a god thing to share.

• Pu
                      PurpleOcelot Dec 19, 2010

I could have told you this! Comcast is one of the EVIL GIANTS out there, along with AT&T and CHASE BANK.

You can file complaints but thats all you can do. They just dont care, they already got your money...what the [censored] do they care after that??

You can file complaints with the FCC, Better Business Bureau, State Attorney Generals office, national and local consumer complaint sites, and you can fill out a report on them on Trustlink.com - which is affiliated with the BBB, but you are only posting a complaint or compliment...you have to go to the BBB website to actually file a formal complaint.

Ive found ways around getting cable...so I dont have to deal with these unethical, thieving companies such as Comcast.

• Be
                      bentemand Feb 15, 2011

You think they cannot mess up billing, well... think again! That's all they have been doing for me. Last year I actually thought they were going to get it right. Big Mistake! They are still screwing up
                      my bill and won;t communicate to fix it. Ofcourse they owe me money, that's why.

Comcast / Phone Servicedisconnected message

Last night my 85 yr old father had to drive himself on icy roads to the emergency because he could not reach us on our home phone. Four days ago another family member told us our phone was not working. It says our line is disconnected and no longer in service. However, we can call out. We reported this to COMCAST and have waited and waited...no one seems to know what the problem is and suggested we get new numbers!!! One of our two lines got fixed yesterday, which is NOT our main home number, and so they closed the ticket EVEN though we told them when they called that the other line was not working. This is just maddening and wrong. Is there a place to write a complaint to COMCAST?

Comcast — file complaint with ftc shut comcast down

I too have been ripped off by comcast. Their service was so bad that when it came time to buy a house, we...

Brunswick

Comcast CableNo bill sent, but put in collections!

On 10-22-10 I closed my account and returned all equipment with comcast due to their horrible customer service and rude customer service every time I called for their cable or internet not working. They refused to send anyone out, and refused to fix any problems. Their blanket statement was, "that's not my problem". I was told if there was a final bill it would be mailed to me and I was dismissed rudely from their office. On december 10th, 2010 I receive a call from a collection agency saying they have zapped my credit for a delinquent amount of 69.01 and they will not stop calling me until I pay the bill. I said, I did not receive a bill, and their response, not my problem!" unbelievable! So, I call comcast to discuss their once again horrible customer service and the fact they never sent a bill, or called and they had the number, since they gave it to a collection agency. I heard "not my problem" several more times, got put on hold for 25 mins, and got passed to 3 or more people and still no answers. To save my credit I have paid their fraudulent bill and will be reporting this fraud to the federal goverments fraud site.
                      Do not get comcast at all costs!!! They do not repair their services, refuse to send out techs, are rude and borderline abusive to customers on the phone, and steal your money when you drop them for their crap service. I believe this is called theft of services!!

Comcast — customer service and prices

This is the worst company!! I was lied to by a customer service representative and charged over 200 dollar...

Comcast — wires and box left open

installer left cable laying on my driveway and i dont even have comcast. the communication box was left open...

Comcastqueezing the poor

I have had comcast internet and basic tv for yeasrs. All these years they have been renting the modem to me eventhough they knew they could let me buy it outright. Immediately I got my own modem and retrned theirs they realised that I was getting more channels than I should be getting. They took away 33-95 and when I called I was told that I had to pay 49.99 a month even if I wanted just nick jr for my daughter. You should be ashamed of yourselfcomcast. All that matters to you is profit and you would twist the arm of the poor to make profit. Shame shame shame. This is what is going to happen to the poor when you this merger with nbc is allowed to go through. I pray that it falls through. Shame comcast. Shame on you

• 4n
                            4non Dec 08, 2010

Yes...shame...a business that wants to make money. What horrible, horrible business practices!

• Lo
                            locdvegan Dec 08, 2010

get a life?

• Lo
                            locdvegan Dec 08, 2010

so the first comment wasn't supposed to say that...anyway, i totally agree and despise Comcast. i ordered and basic internet service thru them but after paying 66.00 a month for 3 months they threatened to disconnect service b/c my automatic payment of 66.00 didn't cover the bill. after reviewing my account online i found that i still had a balance owed of more than 10.00 and that they were charging me for HDTV (i still don't even know what that is) and realized when the Comcast guy came to install the services, he used an HDTV box b/c the firs 2 boxes (for basic) didn't work (yeah right). needless to say, canceled the service and went with ClearWire for internet and watched television online...

disappointed in service Apr 08, 2011

Comcast company offers their customers no repreive. I agree comcast company in maryland offer VERY poor customer service, be prepared to stay on the line for 1-3 hours. Nothing is resolved. I went from paying 39.99 internet service and told them it was not working at high speed. I guess comcast did not know up to date computers allow you to run a diag-report which tell you exactly what speed your internet is running out of 0-100% comcast internet was running at 13%. When I called to complained I was told problem would be corrected. However, that was untrue. How are you given credits that never reflect the actual balance. After having no internet service for almost four months. I complained, and complained. Nothing was ever resolved. Techs would have an appointment and never show and say they did. Now, after repeatedly asking for a lower speed. I am currently being charged for Blast, more expensive 45.99 and internet still running at a very low speed comcast knows they charge their customers for a higher speed yet you receive crappy very low signal internet. They give you every excuse under the sun. Your neighbor, your wire, your box, your computer, the weather, your this that and the other. They never take responsibility and correct the problem after they've been caught taking their own customers for granted. Horrible internet service.

• Cf
                            CFH Apr 24, 2011

pay more for less? it's happeneing all around you for the last 5 years, it's not just comcast...shame because they took away nick jr.? really? ...go outside man.

• Ha
                            hate comcast May 11, 2011

I have had comcast for 2 years now which includes the triple play package. First of all I agree with the lousy customer service and second of all and the most important, when they upgrade the cable modems it shuts off my home telephone, no dial tone or anything which means if there were to be an emergency I would have to go to the neighbors house to call 911 which is a violation of the F.C.C... I have complained about this for about a year and a half and all I ever hear is im sorry for your inconvience but there is nothing we can do. Well yes there is. There should be a back-up for the telephone in case of emergencies. I have done some research and made several calls to find a name or a number to the CEO of comcast but knowbody knows who he is or how to get a hold of the. Well I did the foot work so here is the number for the comcast CEO Brian Roberts [protected] and the number to the FCC is [protected] if anybody else is having this issue please respond to these numbers and voice your openion because it counts. I know others who have this problem and they have not resolved it so it is time to make the right phone calls and get something done. In my eyes the united states is one big family and we need to stick togeather on this one but I am ready to stand up for myself and the country. Yhank you for reading this and please voice your openions.

• At
                            atale of caution Feb 16, 2013

I live in Montgomery County, MD, the Silver Spring area. They have a monopoly and the service is horrendous and the cost is outrageous and goes up on a regular basis. Right now I am being charged 172.80 for basic service and HBO. We are being charged for the DVR now - a new cost that suddenly appeared afte being a stupid loyal customer for 3 1/2 years paying 137.00. The price went from free for the DVR to 5.00 to 10.00 to 27.00 in a couple of months. The picture quality is poor as it is pixalated and goes out completely at times. The modem goes out and right now the TV does not work at all. My internet is slow -second only to dial-up. The politicians are paid to allow THIS MONOPOLY. Montgomery County, MD is as corrupt as it can be . The courts are owned by certain law firms and judges are paid to make certain decisions as the lawyers sit in the court rooms and nod their heads when the judges do what they have been paid to do. So it is no surprise that Comcast has this nice deal. My county is allegedly a Democratic one, but this is a joke. They have one of the highest incomes in the country-millions of dollars and the politicians run for office unopposed by a Republican or a Democrat..Now they tell us that we had a service that should have been cancelled and it cost us more than the basic and we somehow should have known that we had the wrong box. We are cancelling service and going to direct TV. Comcast is a bunch of gangsters.

Comcast$200 amazon gift card

I also was to receive a $200 gift card from amazon after I copied three payed bills and filled out the form and mailed it off. When I contacted Comcast I was informed that my account was still in the pending status and that was why it probably did not work and now it was going to be to late to do any thing about it. I have spent the last few weeks e-mailing comcast. I have sent them copies of the confirmation of my order I have sent the e-mail with the offer and now they are requesting the address at this point I feel like I am just another person who was promised the golden goose and ended up with egg in my face.

Comcast Cableillegal entry to a home

A comcast technician came to my home today to disconnect service, they asked my neighbor to let them in. I do not have any comcast service. I spent 45 mins on line with their disconnection department five times he asked for my account # five times I told him "i don't have an account with comcast. He then put me on a " short hold" for 12 minutes then I got put through to the spanish speaking department! I am quite sure he did that deliberately. What a totally useless company comcast is. I would never trust this company and if they ever enter my property again I will call the police. ++++go dish++++++++++++++

• Do
                                DonHam Dec 03, 2010

hon, a real tech wouldn't enter without u home, only a theif would. have u made sure nothing was stolen? they disconnect u from a computer if u have servive.u should probably call police now.

Comcastpixilated

We switched from direct t. V. To comcast to hope to get a better deal and its had some pixilation and so they came and fixed it. Next time we called because it was horrible and no stations would work. I officially hate hate hate... Did I mention hate comcast. I missed the 2010 ama's and man of my shows that I recorded I deleted. I cant watch any television and I cant stand it and I want direct tv back... : (