Comcast / Xfinity Logo

Comcast / Xfinity

Having problems with Comcast / Xfinity?

+1 800 934 6489 (Support)
+1 877 231 8749 (Hospitality - Questions & Ordering)
+1 800 741 4141 (Ethernet - Customer Support & Care)
+1 866 429 2321 (Business VoiceEdge - Questions & Ordering)
+1 877 761 7401 (Business VoiceEdge - Customer Support)
+1 877 543 3961 (PRI Trunks - Customer Support)
+1 877 229 5999 (Hospitality - Customer Support)
+1 855 867 5010 (Upware Marketplace - Questions & Ordering)
+1 866 950 3789 (Upware Marketplace - Customer Support)
1701 JFK Boulevard
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Comcastfees and lies

Gripe #1

I signed a 2 year contract for service and after year 1 my plan for cable jumps $20 and there is NO cancellation fee. I called Comcast to change my cable lineup to reduce my cost since I don't watch much tv. The 1st person I spoke with told me it would cost $75 to change because I was in a 2 year contract. Lie #1--my contract cancellation fee cancels on Sept. 9th.
After I priced out Dish and Directtv and decided to call back and see if I could get a better price and double check on the cost to cancel. The next agent told me I had a $150 cancellation fee. He claimed he was reading my contract and that's what it says. I called his bluff and asked for the cancellation department. I went ahead and canceled and the lady said I had NO cancellation fee.
Since there was no cancellation fee I called just to see what I could negotiate and this next agent once again lied to me. He told me the cancellation agent was mistaken and I have a $150 cancellation fee.
I ended up finding a copy of my contract--NO cancellation fee...LIARS

Gripe #2
So I am getting rid of Cable TV but I have to keep internet with Comcast because there are NO other options except satellite which has poor speeds. Comcast is sending someone out to cap the cable line and they are charging me $10. You got to be kidding me--I no longer want cable TV and I get charged $10.
I find it unbelievable that I have to pay for them to send someone out when I no longer want there product--I can't believe this is legal.

Since Comcast decided to charge me $10 I looked at my bill for additional savings (all I have is internet now) and decided to buy a modem. Comcast is charging me $5 a month so at least Comcast will lose $5 a month income from me thanks to their crappy customer service and policies!!

I cannot wait to completely get rid of Comcast!!!

Comcastbait and switch

I spent roughly 20 minutes on-line upgrading my cable and internet to include phone service. I made it through the entire process and received a final price (w/Install) of $79 the 1st bill and 24.99 each month from there on out+ taxes and fees. Once I finished and agreed to the pricing and conditions along with scheduling the set up the on-line chat screen came up. After approximately 40 minutes of going through the switching of my phone # etc.. I get a response from the onsite representative that the 1st bill would be $179. I told her that was not correct and I was quote $79. The online representative pulled $29 off and said I could split the bill in 2 payments. I just spend an 1.5 hours to be bait and switched. Unbelievable from a company whom I have been with over 15 years. Why would I switch from the phone service I have now to pay for this type of service that will take me a year to recoup the set-up fees. Answer: I wouldn't and I didn't. Now I have to reconsider my cable and internet.

Comcast - Suburban Philadelphiacable tv quality

This is a case study in how to lose a 20 year customer in 5 months. We have lot's of TV's. High def, analog, giant projectors, and little TV's. Comcast can't correct problems we've had for a year or more. #1) We only get 3/4 of a picture on all our PBS channels, many History channel programs, CSPAN, ESPN, and National geo. It is NOT our TV and multiple tech's scratch heads and give up. #2) The Black convertor boxes are not well built. we've been through at least 12. Several wouldn't give us full channels. Others, no sound. The sound carrier is so weak, my in-laws TV is set to 100, and she still can't hear it. And the tech--he said it must be a poor TV. It worked great before the box. After, poor. #3) My DVD goes dark, for no reason, can't track ends of programs (skips to end) and looks crappy. It's the 4th one--straight from the factory. And it can't control any other device, even though it's a universal remote. #4) Comcast blames me all the time for lack of internet. It's ALWAYS my modem they say. But they have outages regularly, they run my line too hot and it blows the front end of my modem. And the home page eats tons of resources and slows the 'experience'. way too busy. What were they thinking. I left Comcast as you can well imagine for Verizon who ALL my employees and Neighbors say is a better picture, easy to work with and guaranteed service. Comcast never helps. In fact, this story is after 6 visits by Comcast service people, even a head Tech. #5) Last night the Comcast rep on the phone hung up on me while discussing my complaints. That was the last straw. (And I don't curse, yell, get angry or scream.)
      Dutch.

Comcast On Demandannoying

Comcast is annoying the heck out of me right now. Every time I pause a program it goes directly back to the annoying loud garbage that they play constantly in the menu. I pause a program because I want the noise to stop for a few minutes. Do not bring me back to the irritating people talking about the new movies on demand or whatever. Don't tell me I can't pause my program; that I have to sit there and watch your annoying commercials if I don't want to watch my program right now.

It just did it again!! I can't even type this freaking complaint without being distracted by those freaking people in the freaking adverts! SHUT UP!!!

Comcastchanging contract dates

I was set up on a contract with comcast that ws suppose to last 1 year. Cable, Internet, and phone for a set price for 1 year. Today I learned that it was released after only 6 months and that my fees for this service has more than doubled. Also the HBO that I was recieve free for a year has been taken off and I now am being charged full price . I have dealt with the nasty people and the swearing for months over this. I don't like being called names or threatened by customer care represenitives. It's just rude and uncalled for.
          Is there qnything someone can do besides drop comcast and choose another company?
          Realize that I have had cable since 1990 when I moved here. I am really at my wits end trying to figure out a solution.

Comcast — issuance of refund

I had Comcast service in Charleston SC. I moved to CT in December 2009. At that time I was due a refund of...

Comcastservice

From day one Comcast has been a horrible experience with service. We initially signed up for the Triple Play in 2007. After sending 3 different techs on 3 different occasions, we finally got the service we ordered. The outside cable line from the Comcast cable box to the house was exposed on the lawn for over a year. We made numerous phone calls before Comcast finally returned to bury the cable. This was a HUGE safety issue. In 2008, our phone was shut off. We contacted Comcast and were told that we could no longer keep the telephone number and a new number was assigned to us without our choice. In June of 2010 while reviewing my Comcast bill, I noticed that we were being charged twice for internet service. I contacted Comcast and was told there was an error on the bill going back to December of 2007. The Comcast Rep informed me that someone would be calling me back in two days to determine how the account would be credited. The estimated amount of what we were overcharged was approx. $1, 400. No one ever called back so I contacted Comcast again. The Comcast Rep reiterated what the previous Rep had told us. Finally, someone called us and informed us that we were only double charged from January of 2009. I explained that this was incorrect and wanted copies of all my bills. I was told they would not provide me copies and that they would credit my account for over $700. The bill makes no sense now as they have entered several credits in various amounts which are difficult to interpret. Since contacting Comcast in June of 2009, the phone and internet service keeps going out throughout the day. On the evening of July 2, 2010, I contacted Comcast regarding the outage. The Comcast Rep stated someone would be out on July 6th. I explained that this was unacceptable. After speaking with a Comcast supervisor, I was told a Comcast Tech would be sent out on July 3rd between 1 and 3 pm. At 10:30 am on July 3rd, I received an automated message to confirm that we still needed a Comcast Tech. I replied yes. At 3:20 pm, I called Comcast as no one had showed up. The Comcast Rep put me hold and later said the Tech was running behind and that I would receive a phone call in 15 to 20 minutes from the Field Tech. At 4:30 pm, I contacted Comcast again as no one had called. The Comcast Rep stated that the Tech phoned us at 1:10 pm but no one answered. I explained that we have been home all day and no one called my cell phone nor did I have any messages. The Rep stated we would have to reschedule for later in the week. I stated that this was unacceptable. After being on hold for 30 minutes, the Rep stated that he was working with his supervisor to find an available Tech. The Rep stated that I would receive a call back. I am still waiting. No phone call. How does Comcast get away with billing customers improperly, never showing up for scheduled appointments and poor customer service? This is a holiday weekend and my entire day was wasted waiting for Comcast.

• Ro
                Ronnie Carr Jan 05, 2008

I wish these companies would employ employees that can speak and understand ENGLISH.
                I had COMCAST CABLE TV only, I added internet to my cable, the service was bad so I discontinued after a month. I turned the equipment(modem) in and i was still billed two months later for internet service. I called again to have internet service discontinued and disput the two months billing. They ended up disconnecting comcast all together from my house. I called the 800 number to complain about no cable TV and they said the account was fine and have a service tech come out. The next day i called the local Norcross, Ga and i was told that cable service was disconnected. They said they would send out a tech the next day to have services reconnected.
                I am disappointed with Comcast services and wish they would employee employees whom can speak good English so they understand customers needs and wishes.

• Sp
                speederek Mar 20, 2010

Comcast online service was not able to close order beacause error in system - they send me to store - store have different prices than web - I have to pay $3.00 more per month - ok. Tech show up to install cable card - card not working for some reason - I agree to have box. He install box but not compatible with HD signal but I ordered HD TV package!?. Call again - they promise - first HD box free, scheduled another app. When second tech show up he had "service call" only in work order. He called dispatch and they offer HD box for $9.99 for month. I called cust. service again they confirmed - 1st box free but when they transfer me to tech support they no nothing about and they can install HD box for $16.99 fee + $9.99 per month. It's worst than communism - communist's at least had no computers or technology. What is going on?

• Co
                ComcastBills Jul 06, 2010

I hate Comcast! You gotta check out this site: http://comcastbills.com
                You can see what others are paying for the same service, and how Comcast is a huge monopoly.

• St
                steveor Jul 20, 2010

I have been a comcast customer out of necessity for years {no other provider in the area}. They recently changed their service and by doing so I have lost most of the tv channels I thought i was suppose to get under the service I thought I signed up for.I went into the comcast center to pick up a box for digital cable cause I was no longer getting channels. And was told i did not need a box cause i was only signed up for basic service. Why did my tv service suddenly change at the same time the digital service did? I came home home and still did not get any channels NONE. I disconnected the box and got some local channels. I did try to resolve the problem and was told my cable was hooked up wrong. How do the cables switch themselves?????? finally internet service was disconnected while on vacation for being over due. I paid the bill still dont have service but still have to pay for time I was disconnected and ow while I STILL HAVE NO TELEVISION SERVICE. They are the only provider in our area so we are at the mercy or their stupid {I believe illegal } charging policies. What ever happened to government intervention like back when ATT was broke up cause of their monopoly.If there is another choice of internet providers we could do without comcast. Let me state there is another provider for our area it is Fairpoint communications but they are bankrupt and charged over $300for one month for phone and dsl service. Another reaqson to switch to the evil empire for service. I am not the only person in the area that has issues with comcast. P.S.Did you ever try to post a complaint on COMCAST WEB SITE IT DIRECTS YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO MORE SERVICES. good complaint department. Its like buying and paying for a toyota and then they take it back and tell you you actually bought a yugo. I'll admit i"m not a heavy subscriber but still a customer.

• Ne
                NeilSmith434 Aug 30, 2010

I've been waiting for over a month to get a service installed. Every time I call they always give me a run around and people who work are not friendly and have no clue on how to talk with irate customers.. Their service sucks.. They won't even let me speak to their supervisors.. I am pissed off. Wish i could switch my provider... I'm without phone and Internet.. I sure there are other customers in my area who are still having same problems... Comcast sucks...

• Ak
                akermaker May 23, 2011

The absolute worst excuse for customer service I have ever had to deal with. They only get away with it because they have no competition in the area. I try to set an appt. and they give me a 3 or 4 hour window when they might be here. They just tripled the quote for installing cables in my un-finished basement over the last 2 weeks. When we have a problem with our service, they don't answer the phone. They blame the contractors (that they hire) for not installing the cables right. I have been on hold with the "customer service" until the battery in my cell phone goes dead several times. I just get so mad that I can not even talk to them.

Comcastcompany attitudes & policies

Comcast hegemony simply MUST end!

There are millions of people who hate this company for a wide range of reasons; but the huge majority can be classified under the topic of corporate arrogance. AND, ... this arrogance grows out of the corruption that allows them to continue a strangle hold on the cable communications industry.

Did you know that a highly placed Comcast shareholder and executive sits on the Federal Communications Commission? How's THAT for conflict of interests and corruption in government?

After 20+ years of tolerating their outrageously high fees and bullying policies I have finally had enough.

This is what happens when company monopolies are allowed to exist.

Everyone out there who HATES the way this company treats customers should make it their "hobby" to lure people away from these telecommunications bullies in the largest numbers possible!

Don't just take it, ... DO SOMETHING TO HELP THE CAUSE!

BRING COMCAST DOWN!

• Ru
                  Rudy Sems Feb 18, 2011

Comcast blatantly lies.
                  I purchased a TIVO DVR instead of getting one from Comcast and was assured that all I had to pay was a one time $9.99 installation fee for their card.
                  They specifically told me that there would be no monthly charges.
                  My mistake was that I did not GET IT IN WRITING.
                  My first bill now has an additional monthly charge of $5.00 per month.
                  And they deny everything. I am stuck with this monthly charge.
                  DON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY, "GET IT IN WRITING".
                  COMCAST LEIS!!!

• Ti
                  Ticked Off Florida Sep 02, 2011

Comcast is awful. You call them, but they cannot hear or understand what you are saying. Maybe they have them using cheap equipment, in a foreign country, or both. We have had service problems all week. I call and they give responses that have nothing to do with what I say to them. They realize they have a monopoly and do not care. Other people I talk with say it takes 8-10 phone calls to maybe get something taking care of. Months ago I called 3 times on an issue and got 3 different answers. They also sent me the wrong equipment twice.

• Tm
                  TMiles Oct 15, 2011

Comcast stole over 127 dollars of my money. My bank says Comcast took the payment, but Comcast says they never got it. CROOKS!!!

You need to run from this company! They are not worth the crappy TV and flaky internet service.

• Mr
                  Mr Tony Mar 28, 2013

Had Comcast internet for six weeks and have had nothing but slow internet and problems with it. They told me to update my olf modem to a new 3.0 modem. This was supposed to be the problem, but when I spent $100 on modem and called them to activate it, they couldn't get it to work...after two hours trying! Now they blame it on my router...which is also brand new. Been on about five separate live chats and phone calls, which have all been a waste of time. I always get cut off after about an hour and I have to waste another half hour trying to contact someone again. Installer was also a rude loser who did nothing right and had a bad attitude. Cost me $40 for installation, which I was originally told would only cost me $9.95...and he didn't even get my computer working. I had to figure it out myself after he left. They are supposed to be refunding me $20 for their satisfaction guarantee...but I just want my internet to work correctly after six weeks of paying for it. It's supposed to be so fast, it's their "Xfinity BLAST"...but what a joke it is. Mine is the slowest internet I've ever seen in my life and can't even connect half of the time. I"m so frustrated and ready to just cancel my service and use the library computers for free. Don't know what else to do. I've wasted countless hours on this already and get nowhere with their support people. They are all clueless ###s! I hate Comcast!!!

Comcast New Jerseydigital converter scam

Get a letter from Comcast stating that service is being switched to all Digital starting on May 26th. So I call and ask questions. I learn that unless I get 4 boxes, 2 of which are chargeable, I will lose service above channel 19. So I make a trip to pick up 4 boxes on 5/25. I don't hook them up and just wait to see. As of June 21st, no change. Everything is working just as it did in April, but I'm being charged for the boxes. So I call. I'm told that Comcast can't accurately forecast the date that the service will change, and I'm being charged because I have the boxes, not because I'm using them or need them. Trying to explain that I have them only because they said I needed them got me no where. My only option is to return the boxes, but I'm cautioned if I do, and the service changes, I will be without the full service until I make another trip to pick them up again.

Seems like a scam to me to just rent more digital adapters.

Comcastno apologies for wasting over one hour of my time

I have had comcast basic cable for nearly two years now and recently ordered two upgrades- the comcast digital economy package, and iternational (hindi) bundle with three Indian channels. After I ordered, the earliest technician appointment i got was for four days later. Once the technician arrived, he could not get his box, whatever that is, to work. In addition, he said he did not have any order for the International channels i ordered. I spoke to someone in customer service (paula) who aid he did not have my order (dont know why) and said she could add it over the phone. then, she called and said that i needed to take the on demand package in order to get any international programming. since i had not been told about this earlier while placing my orders, and the minimum on demand pack costs double of the digital economy pack i had ordered, i said i would have to think about this as it would increase my expenditure considerably. all this while the technician was struggling with different "boxes" to access the channels i had ordered.so, i cancelled my order, and the technician, who was having trouble anyway, left. then, two minutes later, Paula called up again and said that she had accidentally put my order in with someone lse's order, and now my order was possible to be carried out without getting on demand channels as well. all this talk, while Paula was being extremely rude, and NO apologies for wasting over one hour of my time. (the technician's visit had been scheduled for between 10 am and 1 p.m, and he arrived only at 1:00 p.m.). predictably, I told paula that i needed time to think whether or not i wanted to reorder. but still, no apologies or regrets, rather a talking-down and extremely rude, unrepentant tone of speaking.

to say the least, i am apalled. One has ordered cable television for over $60/month, in addition to high speed inernet for $52.99 /month, and still being treated so shabbily? I am switching services w.e.f. and will advise friends to do the same.

Comcast Servicecustomer service

I have been a comcast customer for years. I noticed that my bill went up considerably. I called to ask what the new xfinity charges were on my bill. No one knew the correct answer and I had one idiot tell me my only problem was seeing the new branding of Xfinity on the bill. I spoke to the first CSR that was very nice but didn't know how to use a phone and disconnected me twice. I called back again and another csr said that I could save money by downgrading my service. I have been paying $220.00 for a long time which includes HD tv, phone, and internet. They went up roughly $35.00. I called back and the idiot that told me my problem was the new xfinity branding told me the charges were for the new services offered including universal caller ID on my TV. We don't have that service where I live and I had to argue with him until he checked it and then said those new xfinity charges are for the modem lease. I got disconnected again. I called back and learned that they had dropped my service and removed all the movie channels I had without my OK. The next day I brought my two HD dvr's and my regular box to the local comcast office and ended my tv. I now have Dish which is much cheaper and has every channel beamed to earth including the TMC that comcast took off months ago. My dish is great and cheaper. I also ended my phone service and went to a company called Phone.com. They have great customer service and the calls sound perfect.( I had vonage but it was wobbely and echoy). I went to the mall yesterday and bought a new SB6120 modem so I can stop paying over $8.00 per month with the leased modem and called them to provision it. I could have called the gas station instead because they may have had more knowledge of what to do. I spoke to several csr's to get this to work and after almost two hours of talking to them on my cell phone, they told me that the provisions department went home. I started trying to work with them about an hour and fifteen minutes before they went home. How long does it take to change a modem?? I now have Dish TV, Phone.Com and when I can get away from the monopoly that comcast has for broadband in my area, I will change that also. This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I am still waiting for a supervisor to call me for over 8 days. If you don't have comcast, stay that way, get some other service. The two companies I mentioned have been wonderful so far. I plan on going to the local comcast office to drop off my modem for the internet and if they don't have my new one on line before I leave the office, I will have to go to my only other choice for internet which is fairpoint. I see trouble coming. I may have to go back to AOL dial up...Stay FAR AWAY FROM COMCAST unless your doctor can give you sedatives before dealing with these idiots. Good Luck everyone

• Pe
                        pepperrice May 23, 2010

comcast is grossly overpriced

Comcast - Digital Cable Tv And Internetbilling prior to service date

Comcast bills customers in advance. For instance my current bill is for the billing period 05/12/2010 to 06/11/2010 and is due 05/22/2010. So that is four weeks and one day in the billing, and they want me to pay in full after 1 week 4 days of service, and then want to charge a $7.00 late fee if you don't pay it. Then if you buy a movie during your billing period it doesn't show until the next month.

Shouldn't they send me a bill and demand payment on 06/11/2010 when my month of services is done?

How do they get away with demanding payment prior to services rendered? My cell phone doesn't charge me in advance and then add on extras that I used through the month on my next billing? They charge what I used.

What can be done about this? Anyone know?

• Dr
                          Dr. Pissedoff May 27, 2010

The same thing happened to me. For years my phone service provided by AT&T has been billed AFTER the service has been provided. The Comcast rep that sold me the service didn't mention to me that Comcast would be asking me for money BEFORE they provide any service. Businesses survive based upon cash flow and thus, this little point when they get paid is an important aspect of chosing a vendor for your business. If I had known this prior to switching, I would not have chosen Comcast and may well have stayed with AT&T. You always better off with the devil you know...
                          I would also add that the installation techs were almost useless. They didn't know how to access the GUI for the router they installed and they didn't leave me with any information (not even an account number) to provide access to email servers. The router they provided was so basic that it didn't even offer incomming IP filtering!

Comcastincomplete commercials

i almost don't know why i am comlaining about not seeing enough commercial but comcast cuts about fifty percent of thier advertiser's commercials in half. i know if i was paying a company who knows how much money to air my ad's and they cut them off with thier own ad's most of the time i would be sueing the heck out of them. while i'm on the commercial topic. i recently noticed while watching a prorgam on on-demand that an hour long program is really only one half hour the other half is all commercials. i only noticed because they cut the commercails for on-demand and it only takes a half hour to match an hour long show. cable is such a scam these days. comcast gets payed lots of cash for airing commercials and then over charges us to watch mostly commercials. at least with vhf and uhf we didnt have to pay to watch commercials. its not like there is alot more to watch on cable.

Comcasthigh charges for internet connection

I have taken comcast internet connection using comcastspecial.com website. At the time of taking service I was offered 19.99 promotional offer for first 6 months, but when the service was installed comcast started charging 57.95 per month. Now it's been almost 4 months i have been following up with customer service at comcastspecial.com. They finally told me that the promotional offer is not available in that particular area. If it was not available in that area then why they did sell it in the first place. There customer service was really pathetic. I called them very often and they kept on saying that their supervisor will call me next few hours but she never called me. Now I called Comcast and they reduced my price to 24.95 for first 6 months starting today. I was really disappointed by comcastspecial.com website and their customer service. I feel cheated. I am not sure what can I do about this.

no2gamestop Dec 03, 2010

Stop in at your local service center and have them file a complaint on the person that set up the order and have them give you a service credit. The onlinespecial is not Comcast it is a 3rd party representative.

• Mb
                              mbass Jun 18, 2012

Hello,
                              Are you still having problems? I am sorry for your Rebate problem and my delayed comment, I work for Bridgevine which runs comcastspecial.com and can help resolve your problem if you send me your order number and any other information that you may have regarding your order.
                              Mike Bass
                              Mike.[protected]@bridgevine.com

Comcastfailed to honor rebate offer

Comcast Triple Play was ordered 10/20/2009. With this plan a $275 gift card was to be sent. The stipulations were: 90 days of service from Comcast, rebate request forms, confirmation # for Comcast service.

All info was sent and time line was adhered too. I also kept copies of what I sent. It is now May, and there does not seem to be a way to contact them. The rebate forms refers to Digital Landing, independently operated by Acceller, INC working with Comcast. The rebate is to be an Amazon $275 gift card by email from Digital Landing. Apparently other folks are dealing with this scam. Please advise of any legal action being taken.

Vera E Scott Barlow
                            2381 Sw Indigo Ln
                            Port St Lucie, Fl 34953
                            [protected]@comcast.net

• Ac
                                Acceller Team May 07, 2010

Digital Landing Complaints - Never Received Rebate

If you have not received your rebate. Please do not hesitate to contact us at www.activationcenter.com . There you can submit your concern and we will contact you in 1 business day. You may also contact us via e-mail at [protected]@DigitalLanding.com. You may also got to our website where you can obtain our contact information. We look forward toward resolving your concern.

Sincerely,
                                Digital Landing

Comcastafter paying my bill, my cable was shut off

I paid my cable bill on 04/01/2010 just prior to travel for a week. When I returned on 04/11/2010, my cable was still off. I called Comcast and was told that they had permanently disconnected my cable on 04/02/2010 even though the check was in the system. They did not cash/process the check until 04/05/2010. Even after the payment was processed no attempt was made by Comcast to reconnect the service. I phoned their CSR department and was told that the account was active and I "should have everything working", to which I replied that I did not. After several phone calls as well as their insipid "on-line chat help" there has been no resolution to the problem. What I was told was to basically take a day off from work so I could go to the local office and try to straighten this out there. When asked about a credit for the 2 weeks of no service, I got no response, only that my new bill was in and needed t be paid before the end of the month. Unbelievable how they can be so callous and get away with it.

Comcastdoesn't honor signed contracts

We are a registered charity in eastern TN. We have a signed contract with Comcast Business Services to provide cable & internet service our site in Greeneville, TN. Comcast came out, surveyed the location, and told us it would be no problem to provide service. Their sales team gave us a contract, which we signed, and it went into their system. Internet service is critical to our operations. When we asked to start the install, Comcast refused, stating that it was now "not approved." Repeated calls and emails to the sales team and regional construction manager go unanswered. Calls to Comcast Sales simply result in no action. There is something to be said for a company that refuses to honor a signed contract.

Marc Apr 05, 2010

• Gr
                                    Gr8r Technology Jan 26, 2011

There's a solution for that. Go to: www.Gr8rTechnology.com, click on "providers", then click on "Comcast".

Comcast Cableafter disconnecton they disconnected my new service provider

On March 16, 2010 I called comcast cable to have my cable cancelled after I had u-verse tv put in. I brought the equipment down to the nearest comcast store and turned it in. Today, March 23, 2010, I went to turn on u-verse tv and was not getting a link at all so I called u-verse and they told me he sounds like it has been disconnected. The tech came by and sure enough it has and it was comcast as comcast and u-verse share the box. U-verse has permission just like comcast to use their own line as long as they do not do anything with comcast line. Well, this doesn't apply to comcast as they disconnected my line to u-verse and I have the proof from the tag that was put on the line that had my street number, apartment number, last 4 digits of my account number, and the date which was 3/23 (today). I have sent an e-mail to the head of comcast but in return I received a response telling me there reasons for comcast going up and basically trying to sell me back to their cable. I did not receive any feedback as to why the tech thought it was his job to disconnect my u-verse line. I have spoken with my apartment manager and she is going to look into it as there have been other residents that have had the same problem. When the tech first installed the u-verse, her even told me their was a 50/50 chance my line would be disconnected as he had calls from other customers regarding this. I do not understand why it took cable a week to disconnect my service I hope they do not try to get another week to bill me...What can I do? The tech from u-verse told me this is a possible FCC regulation...Please advise

Comcast Internetactivation fee cheating

Through email, I got the deal from Comcast for the high Speed Internet. They said No contract, No activation fee, Free modem, free wireless router (mail-in-rebate). Then i ordered the service as non-cable user (because I do not have comcast service). They charged only for router and shipping. When i wanted to do the installation, they ask the activation fee.

When I ordered, it said free. Now there is a fee ($49.95). This is like cheating the customers. I changed from verizon to Comcast and have the bad experience.

Comcast.comlied about service area to sell equipment

Here is the conversation, live chat below. I was told it was no problem to set up service and got strung along so far before being told they can't give us service in our building that I cannot return the modem and am told they are at no fault for this?

Controls for Assisted Support

Live Chat

Connected Status: Analyst Br is here and your issue status is: working

Problem: Hi there, we have been trying to get activated for over 2 months now but our building is 'not on the grid', i have spoken to someone but no one gets back to us and I bought the modem over 2 months ago (for the deal). help me out here?

End Session

user Sh_ has entered room

Sh(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:18:38 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Hi there, we have been trying to get activated for over 2 months now but our building is 'not on the grid', i have spoken to someone but no one gets back to us and I bought the modem over 2 months ago (for the deal). hel me out here?

analyst Wa has entered room

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:18:42 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Hello Sh_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Wa. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:18:56 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Hi there Wa

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:19:04 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Hello, Sh. How may I help you today?

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:19:32 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Are you trying to order Comcast services?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:19:42 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

well, we got the modem after I chatted with someone a couple months ago, wanted to take advantage of the special ya'll were offering

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:20:18 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so we have the modem, I have all these rebate forms, but comcast can't turn it on in my building even though the sales guy I talked to said it would be no problem

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:20:28 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

(we found this out after we got the modem)

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:20:38 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so, do we have to move to get service or what?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:20:52 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

talked to someone else who said he would get it taken care of, no email, nothing

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:21:07 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so how do I return this modem and count myself out the shipping both ways?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:21:34 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I bet I can't get the rebate now, and how about that deal we were promised? I have a 110$ paperweight right now, lol

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:21:49 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I just looked up your address in our system, and it showed for 'in seattle', "THIS IS AN MDU NOT SERVICED BY COMCAST" .

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:22:29 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

right on, the guy I talked to before I went and spent al lthis money told me NP

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:22:33 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

but now it is

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:22:41 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

This most likely means that your apartment building has some sort of exclusive agreement with another internet, TV, or phone provider, and that they have not provided Comcast with permission to run our wiring to the building.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:22:58 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and the next one said he would get someone to put our building 'on the grid' and now it is not

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:23:38 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Well, you would need to talk to your landlord about that. Currently, we do not offer service to the building at all, but we do offer service in 524 BOYLSTON AVE E .

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:23:38 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

ah, we have several services here, I had qwest and they had to get 'on the grid' whatever that is but it only took them a week

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:23:57 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

um, no, I want out since we were ..I will put this nicely...misinformed

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:24:09 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I want to get our money back for this modem and just forget about it

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:25:33 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Well, where did you order the modem from?

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:25:42 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

If it was online, which specific web site?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:25:51 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

um...that is a good question, the guy gave me a link off your website

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:25:56 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

let me go check the email

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:27:19 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

ok, got the box and it says comcast corp. broadbandoffers.com

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:27:57 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

shipped on december 14th, man this has turned into a nightmare

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:28:20 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

why would that salesguy lie to us? I am really concerned about that

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:28:26 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

not just one, but TWO

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:28:36 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Okay, broadbandoffers.com is a web site run by a third-party reseller, Leapfrog Online. The "free modem", "free router", and rebate offers listed on their site are offered through Leapfrog directly, and not through Comcast.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:29:21 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so you are telling me that comcast screwed us over and we cannot do anything about it???

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:29:28 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

If you have questions about returning the equipment they sent you, you will need to contact Leapfrog directly. Their contact information should be listed on Broadbandoffers.com or Comcastoffers.com , or I may be able to look it up for you.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:29:55 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

NO NO NO this was a camcst salesperson who got me INTO this

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:30:10 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

how about could you pass me over to a supervisor?

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:30:39 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Comcast did not send you a modem and/or router. Leapfrog Online did. The "free modem" or "free router" after rebate offer, is an offer that Leapfrog Online offers, and that is not available directly from Comcast.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:31:05 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

the salesperson linked me to it and lied about us being able to have service

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:31:25 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I had to put my addy in to chat to you so he KNEW that this was impossible yet pushed it anyways

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:32:05 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

The email from Broadbandoffers indicates that you placed the order through Leapfrog's site. The contact number for Leapfrog online is [protected] .

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:32:09 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

let me talk to a supervisor

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:32:32 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so what if we did it was because of a COMCAST employee who said we could get SERVICE

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:32:57 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this is wrong on so many levels and you know it, I worked your job before and know you are tied but there is someone who can help

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:33:05 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so give me a supervisor, please

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:33:43 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

at least they can get whatever affiliate to understand this was comcasts fault and 'misunderstanding' that has caused us to own a modem we do not need

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:33:52 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I'm checking to see if a supervisor is available over chat.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:34:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and can't use and I looked it up on ebay I would be lucky to get 20-30$ out of my 110$ investment into hades

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:34:10 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:34:53 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

When did you place the order?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:35:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this was december

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:35:21 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

probably around the 10-12 since the ship date was the 14th

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:35:43 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and I have chatted back and forth and you are the FIRST one who has told me no way can we get service

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:36:05 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I mean, seriously, why would I even order that modem if I was not told it was good

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:36:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

do you have 100$ to pay for something you do not need?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:36:35 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

especially prior to Christmas??

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:36:41 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

In December 2009, Leapfrog had the following offer: $100 Gift card and free modem after rebate when purchased through Leapfrog.

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:37:16 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Leapfrog owns the following sites: www.Broadbandoffers.com, comcastoffers.com, comcastdoubleplay.com, comcastcableoffers.com

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:37:19 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and that is only AFTER you have service PAID for

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:37:25 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

you have to give them the reciept

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:37:43 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

or they do not give the discount, that is a typical deal between the affiliate and the company

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:37:54 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

the company cannot give me service yet told me they could

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:37:58 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

now I can;t get the rebate

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:38:08 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and have a usless brand new modem

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:38:18 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

If they sent you the modem, then you would have purchased the modem from them, and you would need to contact Leapfrog is you want to return the modem.

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:38:45 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

The modem can be used with any cable internet provider, if you move to a serviceable address.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:38:47 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

get me a supervisor

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:39:07 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I can't stand this anymore, you say the same thing but you KNOW comcast can help me here one way or the other

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:39:31 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

they ARE YOUR AFFILIATE not mine, and the deal is because you get COMCAST service and I was sent there by someone on THIS SAME CHAT

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:39:38 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

would you like me to forward the emails?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:39:46 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so I have to MOVE

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:40:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

give me a break, do you understand how ridiculous that is

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:40:16 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

MOVE to use a modem because of one of COMCASTS sales people?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:40:45 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

how bout you send them over, they need to bring a truck, and pack our stuff...oh, and find us a place at this rate, location with our balcony that takes cats

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:41:09 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

oh, they need to pay our deposit as well. Sure, I will move to use a modem, on those conditions

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:42:20 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Hm, and in that first email it says this: In the event that Comcast needs to re-submit your order, all rebates offered exclusively on ComcastOffers.com will still be honored, provided redemption rules are followed.

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:42:27 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I am still checking with my supervisor, Sh. However, if you purchased the modem through Leapfrog Online, you will need to contact Leapfrog Online if you wish to return the modem. Their phone number is [protected] , and their email address is [protected]@broadbandoffers.com .

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:42:44 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I need comcasts help in order to get that done and you know it

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:43:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I can call and email them till the zombies are here and they will send me BACK to comcast

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:43:10 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Again, that email message would have been sent by Leapfrog Onlline. The site ComcastOffers.com is owned by Leapfrog Online.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:43:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so we can do something now or I will have to go back and forth and back and forth

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:43:37 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

not 'leapfrog

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:44:14 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

that is the ORDER confirmation

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:44:21 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

it had to go through ya'll first

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:44:48 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

So, you're saying that you already contacted Leapfrog Online, using the contact information provided above, informed them that you live at a non-serviceable address, and that you needed to return the modem, and that they referred you to us?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:45:33 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I CAN'T CONTACT them first, I need someone who can verify that we were told we COULD get service and can't due to the NEGLIGENCE of a salesperson gone sell happy

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:45:46 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

otherwise they will (virtually) laugh and tell me no go

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:46:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

THIS HAS BEEN ALMOST 3 months for gods sake

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:46:13 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and we JUST now are being told, move or it won't work?

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:46:25 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I can't verify that you were told that you can get service, because you cannot get service, and there's no such account.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:46:56 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

why would I get the modem if I was not told it was going to be fine.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:47:19 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so, where is that supervisor?

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:47:31 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I was just saying that the modem that you have, will work with any cable internet provider. I was not telling you to move, but I was saying that if you did move, you would likely be able to use this modem at your new residence, even if it is serviced by a different cable provider.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:48:04 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I was promised to be able to get COMCAST service at OUR address

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:48:05 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Leapfrog Online sent you the modem. I do not know why they sent you the modem, if you live at a non-serviceable address.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:48:37 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

hm, could it be because some sell crazed salesperson with the morals of a badger told me it was fine at THIS address?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:48:41 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I don't NEED this

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:49:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I consulted with my supervisor, and he says that, since you bought the modem from Leapfrog, you would need to contact Leapfrog to return the modem.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:49:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

then the next one told us they would email us to let us know when they got activation in our building?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:49:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

You people are being ridiculous.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:49:37 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and I will, especially since I have saved this entire conversation

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:49:46 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

oh, and bet you it will be posted all over the web

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:50:04 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I used to work for 'Something' media...talk about some social networking

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:50:18 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

plan on having some nice posted public relations.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:50:27 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

thanks for NOT helping or even caring

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:50:54 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and find that commission based jerk off and let him know just what he accomplished.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:52:19 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

oh, and BTW it does say we are guaranteed so what about that

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:52:34 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I do care, Sh, and I would like to assist you with this, but you purchased the modem from Leapfrog Online. If you wish to return the modem, you need to contact Leapfrog Online, who you purchased the modem from.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:52:52 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

BLAH. I purchased it THROUGH A LINK one of YOU gave me

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:52:56 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so that MATTERS

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:53:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so now NO ONE takes the blame for this and we are screwed

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:53:54 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this is the worst CS I have ever had and if I used to pull this double speak I would have been fired so fast it isn't even funny

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:54:03 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

If you purchased it through a web site that was not owned by Comcast (such as Leapfrog's Comcastoffers.com or Broadbandoffers.com site), then your sales contract from the modem is between you and the owners of that web site.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:54:16 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

could you say that agin? I mean...are you a robot or what?

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:54:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

You will need to contact the people you purchased the modem from, if you wish to request a refund.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:54:28 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

it is YOUR friggin affiliate and I get no help.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:54:36 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

YOU all set up the deal with them

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:54:39 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and sent me to it

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:54:55 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

send me a friggin email explaining that we can't get service here

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:55:15 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

then between this saved convo (and the one original, I always save them) then MAYBE we can get a refund

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:55:39 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

It is a third-party company, independent from Comcast. Leapfrog was offering the free modem, not Comcast, and you purchased the modem from Leapfrog, not from Comcast. If you wish to return the modem, you need to contact Leapfrog.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:55:39 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I do sort of wonder how many people out there have had this occur and just take it...bet I can get something interseting going

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:55:48 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

like in the class action department

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:56:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

having these chats corroborates that we got led by the nose BY COMCAST

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:56:28 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

just mine and a bunch of people with useless deals could be rather fun, don't you think?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:57:13 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

let's see 'comcast authorized dealer' https://secure.broadbandoffers.com/comcast/wirelessmodem/?synorderid=2002223074&source=email

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:57:26 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

but yet comcast gives no help

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:58:40 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Let's look at the Terms and Conditions of the offer advertised by Broadbandoffers.com:

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:58:42 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

"Broadbandoffers.com sells cable modems to consumers who order Comcast High-Speed Internet residential service online at select authorized retailers of Comcast High-Speed Internet. The modem offer is brought to you by Broadbandoffers.com and is not available directly from Comcast."

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:59:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Also, "Once you place your order for the modem, it is processed immediately, therefore, it cannot be canceled - refunds or exchanges are only available upon the accepted return of the item by Broadbandoffers.com. "

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:59:18 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this has been 3 months and we were TOLD we would get service

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 16:59:53 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

THIS is ALL comcast

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 19:59:57 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

That's between you and Broadbandoffers.com . You agreed to the terms of sale, when you placed your order through their web site.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:00:07 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

no, this was BECAUSE of comcast

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:00:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

why THE heck would we GET it to begin WITH

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:00:33 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I seriously just have money to toss out the window

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:00:35 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

sure

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:00:52 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this is BS and we got took

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 20:01:52 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

No, Sh, this is because you placed an order through Broadbandoffers.com , and they shipped you their modem that you purchased from them, according to their terms and conditions, and now that you find out you're not serviceable, you want to return the modem and avoid their restocking fee.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:02:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

of course their stuff all says that they are not responsible either (I just read their 'return policy') so isn't that mighty convenient

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:02:26 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

COMCAST SENT ME THERE

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 20:02:43 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

This is entirely between you and Broadbandoffers.com , and I already provided you with the contact information, where you can reach Broadbandoffers.com directly.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:02:50 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

AFTER TELLING ME that as soon as we got it AT OUR ADRESS then we GET service, no problem

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:02:58 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so this STARTED with comcast

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:03:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

no, this is between me and COMCAST promising us service at this adress

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:05:09 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

you know, once upon a time I did your job. Seriously. And this is a big mistake, I have had many people try the card I pulled on you, but on me. When someone actually has a case and a reason there is generally some sort of help given because the ORIGINAL company (COMCAST) is the reason this whole charade of crap occurred to begin with

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 20:05:18 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Okay, a supervisor has become available. Did you still wish to speak to a supervisor regarding this issue?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:05:23 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

refusing to accept that is not good. Not good at all,

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:05:26 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Yes I do

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 20:05:48 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

One moment please while I transfer you to a supervisor, Sh.

Wa(Fri Mar 05 2010 20:05:54 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

analyst Wa has left room

analyst Br has entered room

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:07:43 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Hi there Br

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:07:51 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

you have a problem on your sales floor

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:08:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Hello My name is Br. I am the supervisor on duty

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:08:08 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

not the guy I just talked to, he was the first one who was honest yet his hands are tied

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:08:36 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so the first person I talked to on December 9th told me we could get service at our address

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:08:40 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

we can't

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:08:56 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I bought the modem because the guy told me we could get service

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:09:16 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so a month goes by, nothing, waiting...talk to someone else, they say our building is not 'on the grid'

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:09:26 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I am sorry this has happend. I do understrand your frusteration

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:09:30 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and that they would take care of that and email us when we could turn it on

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:10:03 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so now, because of COMCAST salespeople I have a 110$ modem I cannot send back (it has been too long) that is brand new and unused

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:10:27 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

The sales perople should have been able to see that your address us not in a servicable area

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:10:31 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and I am told that this is NOT comcasts foult? I was lied to by one of YOUR salespeople and it is NOT your fault?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:11:04 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

right, he said it was OK we went through this with qwest 2 yrs ago (they did get it fixed) and I made SURE to ask, repeatedly

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:11:59 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I would be lucky to get 40$ out of this thing on ebay, trust me, I am a power seller and just pulled a full search
                                      Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:12:27 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

sales happy liars are not good to have in your employ

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:13:53 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I will have this incident looked at as to why the sales force has made this error

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:13:49 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and these chat sessions are going to look very interesting when I post the to hades and back. I use to work CSR/Tech and ALWAYS save your chats, always. It is why I never call unless there is NO other choice

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:14:40 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

yeah, but in the meantime we got screwed over and are out all this and I have to use a super slow shared connection because I was mistaken that if we were just patient that it would be FIXED

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:14:49 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and being told I should MOVE?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:15:18 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I want the guy who linked me to this modem to pay my moving costs, pack my stuff and drive it. Oh, and find me as awesome a building I am in right now

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:15:22 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Have you called broadband offers at [protected] ?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:15:30 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

must have a balcony (I bonsai) and be cat friendly

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:15:43 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

why would I call them? Have you read their return policy?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:16:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I would be lucky to get 30$ back after it all, and that is IF they took it back

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:16:16 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this is a tech driven service and this modem is already old lol

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:16:24 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I got lead on and lead on till TODAY

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:16:37 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

that we would be able to hook up to Comcast

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:16:49 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

not once, not just once..but TWICE

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:17:11 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and being patient has lost us the chance to get back anything worthwhile

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:17:21 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Since this transaction took place through them, they need to be the people to call.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:17:46 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Um, this transaction took place because your salesperson linked me to them and told me WE WOULD GET SERVICE HERE

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:18:01 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

then after being told our building wasn't on the grid and it would be fixed

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:18:06 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

we waited more

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:18:14 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this is the fault of COMCAST

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:18:31 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I can talk to them all day long and they will laugh at me for being an idiot

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:18:47 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and then IF they took it back, WE pay shipping and a 25$ restocking fee

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:18:53 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

If i were in your situation I would call them and explain the exact situation to them

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:19:10 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

and something else as well because it is not activated

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:19:15 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

NO you don't get it

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:19:23 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

COMCAST did this and WE get screwed?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:19:43 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>
                                      oh, and we pay by the minute for our phone service and you want ME to waste my time because of YOUR people?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:20:13 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

you have got to be kidding me, when I did this for a living I never pushed blame off just to get rid of someone

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:20:27 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

they got their commision and we get a 110$ paperweight

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:20:36 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I want that jerks commission

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:21:12 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

<ctrl> C is my friend right now

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:21:35 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

<ctrl> V and wordpad is even better

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:22:17 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

3 months we get led around until it is too late to do anything and then we just get shoved off

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:22:31 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I mean, who is doing the training out there? Gordon Ramsay?

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:22:45 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

give us your money and go the heck away. nice.

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:24:19 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

I do apologise for the mis-information but you need to be speaking to the people who sold you the Modem. They can be reached at [protected] or by email at [protected]@broadbandoffers.com.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:24:27 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

YOU SENT ME THERE

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:24:32 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

so the problem STARTS there

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:24:35 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

period

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:25:03 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

If you had not LIED to me over and over I could have sent it back in DECEMBER and spent 20$ for nothing

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:25:30 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

or...even better, told me we couldn't get service to BEGIN with so I went, thanks, and went to check another service

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:25:49 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Siously wonder how many this has been done to

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:26:30 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

how many does it take to start a class action. Hm. TEN people or more and this convo is going all over the web smile And the first one I had that said my address in the convo and said it was fine.

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:26:33 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

At this point I have provided you with a solution to your situation. I have nothing more I can offer other that an apology for the misinformation.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:26:45 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

nice comparisons I do believe

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:27:02 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

or are your salespeople now not 'actually' comcast

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:27:39 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

nice, thanks for that last statement. Taking blame but not doing anything.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:27:47 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

nice sinker, for your company

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:28:14 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

thanks for making sure I will NOT lose this battle no matter how big this company is with that big smile

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:29:12 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

adios, and btw, the job market out here really sucks, just remember that later. There is always a way to do the right thing and just jerking people around then admitting it really does not work for anyone

Br (Fri Mar 05 2010 20:37:46 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

Again I do apologise for the Misinformation. I am sure broadbandoffers.com will be able to assist you with this. Is there any other questions i can answer for you today.

Shn_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:38:15 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

no, they can't, and you know it. Read their policy.

Sh_(Fri Mar 05 2010 17:39:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time))>

this conversation will be posted all over the place and I am sure I will find others with the same problem. It is not he first time this has happened in one form or another.

User Feedback

Did this chat session solve your Problem?

Yes No Cancel