Posted:

beware payment and credit protector

Chase recently closed my account. My balance has been 0 for the past few months, and knowing CC companies are closing accounts due to inactivity...I assumed this was the reason. It was not! Chase is the sneakiest company I have ever dealt with.

This past December, I realized Chase had not sent me a renewal card, so I called them. This is where it all started. The rep with a heavy accent told me no problem, then proceeds to sell me "payment protector". He assures me that with no balance, there is no charge for this. Once I have a balance then only 1 percent of that balance will be applied to payment protection. Fine. He even assures me with a 0 balance there is no fee. Now, since I have not used my Chase card and have no balance I have not been opening my statements. Bad mistake!

February, I see a 10 dollar fee for "Credit protector" - Not! "Payment Protector" and it has been charged to my card -now payment protector applies a 1 cent fee! I'm confused...so I call Chase. They tell me both of these protection plans are 3rd party compaines and I must call them. I call both companies which are NOT related. I thought maybe with the reps heavy accent, he sold me both protection plans! Both companies deny how this could have happened without my consent. I have never wanted or ok'd this Credit Protection. Now due to me not paying the 10 dollars and 1 cent for 3 months...they have closed my account!

If Chase CC, Chase Credit protection, and Chase Payment protection are 3 seperate entities...how is it that when I called the CC company to send me a new card this is where they attached this fee!

I also had a Chase banking account for 6 months...their bank sucks worse than the CC. There is a fee for EVERYTHING! Transferring money, using your own money, getting your balance, overdraft protection goes on a seperate CC with a high interest rate! I even set up overdraft with my own savings account and there was a 25 dollar fee everytime money came out of my own savings! UGH!

I now use my Credit Union for banking which I LOVE and my Bank of America CC which I love...
Complaint comments Comments (71) Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards

Comments

Chase - 800-684-8429

I have been receiving phone calls from this number continously for several weeks now. Caller ID says Chase but location unknown. They never leave messages just continue to call at least 12 times a day, sometimes more often. It is beyond me who and why they are calling. How do I stop them from calling? I have no credit accounts with Chase nor does any one else in my household. I am on the do not call list.

Chase - scam and theft!
Chicago
Illinois

These people are a bunch of idiots. I got a problem in one check I went to chase to pay cash. It was my mortgage payment. He said "I can't receive it. I cannot collect the cash." He said I had to buy a check and send it through the mail. And I know the mail service takes a week to get there when it was due the next day. Why don't they collect the cash when we went to go pay at there own bank!!!
N     0 Votes

Chase - the worse experience with chase
Florida
www.chase.com

Is the worse experience. I will never refinance with Chase anymore. Chase did not pay the money the pay off balance and Chase officer lie to me saying that everything is going to be O.K. I don't want to speak with nobody else from Chase, I don't trust Chase anymore, they supposed to pay amount for the Canceled Extended Warranty and the Gap and then Sovereign Bank supposed to received the money, but still after more than three months Chase did not do nothing, absolutely nothing, just receiving my monthly payment.

I honestly want to change to another Bank but I just refinance on February, So I can't do it. But I am not happy with the service, with the work. Chase did not work on time because they don't care. It is a very, very bad experience for me. I don't want to hear about Chase no more in my life. Is terrible, terrible bad what they did with me.

Ana M. Valdes.

Chase - unauthorized billing
311 Rosemary ln
Danville
Virginia
Phone: 4343347614
www.chase.com

My husband is trying to say that these aren't his credit they are we Divorce and all the credit cards are his with my permission to use them before he left the home. His full is Terry L Bennett and I will provide the social security number if needed they all was forward to another after he left the home and I did contact about these matter that he cancel them so he needed to pay all of them for non-payment. He had them stop while they were been paid, or you may contact at this number

Chase - $10 monthy fee and increased min pmt
Ohio

I just opened my statement from Chase and was very upset when I noticed that they now charge a $10 service charge and have increased my minimum payment. I have always paid my amount due on time and in good standing with them. When I called they said that it was due to the economy. I agree that a class action suit is in order or at least check into it. It would be one thing if I did not hold up my end of the bargain, but I did. As soon as I pay off that card I am never using them again.
N     0 Votes

Chase - how do I pay my mortgage???
Salt Lake
Utah

I was behind one payment on my mortgage for two months with Chase, only because they would not take partial payments. However it is now current. During this process, their collection calls involved a question "how do you pay your mortgage?" Well today, I get another call, apparantly I am late - which is strange because my billpay was never late before. But nonetheless I told them they should have already received payment and if not received in a couple of days, to let me know and I would research. Then again, the question - "how do you pay your mortgage - a paycheck?" No, I have recently become a crack dealer - yes of course through paychecks. I asked them why that question and they said it's for their investors?

Not so much that I care, but it is really annoying. Do they have a right to ask me this? I qualified for a loan, I am current and now you are asking me how I am paying for my loan - I dont believe it. I think their is some other tactic.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Chase - unentitled interest
Chase

After battling with Circuit City for months with support and response from the store of purchase, I had no alternative but to go to the credit card company (Chase) for assistance. It would appear this type of customer rip-off is something Circuit City and Chase developed into a real science because neither corporate nor Chase would make any effort to correct their "error". I gleaned from the local store that this type of incident has occurred often. I made a purchase with a postcard mailing granting me 36-month interest-free payments. However, the receipt indicates only 12-month terms as the computer would not accept the lengthier terms. The salesperson immediately took us to customer service where he faxed documentation to Circuit City Corporate indicating the receipt did not reflect the correct terms and they should notify the bank to extend those to 36-months. When this was still not corrected the store again faxed a request for corrective action. In bankruptcy, Circuit City has chosen to ignore this mistake and, along with Chase, pocket undue interest payments currently in excess of $700. Because I didn't keep the mailed offer (the store kept it when I made the purchase), Chase will not acknowledge the copy of the fax the store provided me showing they clearly attempted to get their corporate offices to correct the error. I have cancelled all my Chase accounts, written letters of dissatisfaction and explanation and will now make certain everyone I know avoids doing business with this greedy company. I believe this was an intentional and deceitful act and am appalled that a company the size of Chase is not willing to cooperate with a good customer and maintain their continued business.

Chase - raised interest rates - no notice received

Chase is going to lose all my personal and business accounts by treating excellent customers like myself who don't default or ever make late payments and turn around and raise rates on us. Called them and notified that i never received a notice in increase rates, they said they did late january with a deadline to respond by mid feb! First off, not enough time to make a decision...and when asked if there was anything they could do? NOTHING! Rep was smug and very unfriendly. Will NEVER DO BUSINESS AGAIN WITH CHASE!!! No wonder big banks like them are losing ground day by day. All they want to do now (after receiving our tax payer dollars) is take tax payer money and shore up their balance sheets and then raise rates on all good existing customers to squeeze them for profit so that they can afford corp jets and elaborate parties again.
N     0 Votes

Chase - unfair business practice: wamu, late fees, finance charges, and horrible customer treatments...
JP Morgan Chase

I am experiencing a similar situation. I feel very angry with chase and cannot express how much I miss WAMU.

Oh but the fun really begins when you start talking to these Chase idiot reps. They are probably the meanst and most unreasonable people ever.

Not only do they not listen to you, after you waited for ages for them to pick up, a guy name Jan told me "well sir you're not with WAMU anymore, this is Chase" YES I've noticed!

Feeling so put off and angry and spending 3 hours on the phone, I decided to cancel my card. So I was shuffled around some more until I got to a guy name Maurice. He is just as incompetent as Jan, he tells me that he cannot close the account until this cycle ends. WHICH is 3 DAYS from today. Can you believe it? It is okay for me to wait on Chase and waste my time some more just so they can get their system together!
I would like to charge Chase for wasting my time!

Chase has really turned itself into an even more stupid organization with even plenty of incompetent, inefficient, and ignorant people. PLEASE Chase if you're going to become a money crazed, blood sucking evil corporation, hire someone who can speak intelligently and work efficiently!!!

AND by the way, you have just lost a customer who's never missed a payment or even late for one. Who will tell all his friends and family about your evil doings. By word-of-mouth, us angry customers will take you down.

STUPID company! DON't you know we have capitalistic market, the way you're running the credit business will not give a sustainable supply of reliable customer base!
N     0 Votes
Chase credit cards are burying me slowly and ruining my credit by changing their rules and then charging me extra penalties, fees and higher interest rates according to these new rules. I will never be able to pay off the ridiculous amounts of money they are piling on me and I will have to file bankruptcy. They call me morning, noon and night and harass me about the amount I owe them, which is only so high because of their trickery and deceptive tactics.

They also recently bought out my bank and are adding all sorts of charges and fees to my accounts, which I have had forever. I am closing all of my accounts with them and if I ever pay off my credit cards with them I vow to never ever do business with such an evil empire ever again.

Be warned - those credit card offers seem great at first but that fine print can change on a whim - THEIR whim! Avoid this bank and this company at all costs. They do not care about the consumer, they only want to drain you of all of your money and trap you into their cycle of debt. Stay away!!

Chase - high interest rate
Chase Bank
Georgia

Over the past 5 years I have been trying to payoff my Chase Credit Card. I have only been late paying them 3 times (and that was only two days past 30 days). They continue to charge me 30% APR. Is there someone I can complain to? My other creditors were willing to come down but not Chase. Does anyone know if there is something I can do?

Chase - jerk offs
Circuit City
Columbia
South Carolina

I purchased a laptop before circuit city closed only to find out that they were going bankrupt. Well now that I can't pay at the store like I used to do, I have to pay by mail. Well, I havent used my card since it became the wonderful chase with outrageous late fees!!! I didn't recieve my bill and called to find out the balance only to find out that they had charged me $35 on a $10 min. Payment. What the f#!^!! My payment was only a day late and the jerk on the other ph. Would not do anything for me and came across as an arrogant jerk. What happened to customer service?? They even want me to change it over to become my best buy card now. Forget it, my credit means more to me than I do to you guys... You lost a customer and I will make sure that you lose many, many, many more for how I was treated. P. S. I work in customer service so I know what help you can do.
N     0 Votes

Chase - raise apr for no reason
North Carolina

I have (more like had) been a customer of Chase for almost 10 years. Never one late payment and I consistently carried a modest balance on my 2 Chase cards. Mainly to benefit from the rewards programs.

Over the last few months I received notification in the mail, in the fine legalese print they love so much, that my APR was going from a fixed APR (8.9%) to a Prime plus 9.99 variable rate. When I called to find out why this was happening I was told it was a change happening to all Chase accounts and there was nothing I could do about it. They were very rude and exhibited little customer service. Their attitude was too bad for you, we can do want we want. This must have been the outsourced customer service to India that our $25 billion federal bailout money paid for.

Well they were wrong, there is plenty I can do.

1. I transferred my balances to a better card (BBT) with a low fixed rate and $0 transfer fee.

2. I am telling everyone I can to watch out for Chase and do not do business with them. Their hope is that no one will read the fine print while they increase interest gains trying to make up for years of bad lending practices.

Hopefully there will be justice and companies like this will get what's coming to them. Read every notice you get from your banks and credit cards as it seems lots of financial companies are trying to stick it to their good customers for the company's bad dealings.

The next big crash will be in the credit card sector and companies like Chase will be begging for more bailouts and help. I hope all they get is a "too bad for you" then. We should never have bailed out vulture lenders like this to begin with and I hate that they got paid off by the US and still are trying to stick it to their customers.

Chase - credit card
California

I had a chase credit card a few years ago. I closed the account because after 2 years, the card was still the same $300 credit line. (Yes, I have asked a credit line increase and the request was declined.)

Now I have another Chase card, which was owned by Wamu when I applied. (Of course, this was not my intention after the previous experience.) It went over the limit and I admit that was my mistake. I checked my balance before using the card to make sure enough fund available, but I forgot about the finance charge. This was also when the ownership changed and the interest rate was increased. I called them to ask to remove the fee and none of them was able to do that even though I have been a good customer, never paid late, never went over the limit, and paying more than minimum. It is their ridiculous policy: they can not remove over limit fees no matter what situation you are in.

I am closing my account and will never have their card again.

Chase - raise apr
Chase

I got a notice in the mail today from Chase that in order to "maintain profitability on my account" they are raising my interest rate from 10% to 13.24%.

I told them it's not to "maintain profitability" it's to INCREASE profitability because they're already maintaining profitability with the rate I currently have. I went through 3 different levels of supervisors and they all cited vague economic reasons for the rate hike and increased risk. And apparently no one in the whole corporation can do anything about it. I was told several times that I have the option of closing my account and keeping my current rate. Yeah, the part they fail to mention is that that will hurt my credit score, thereby perhaps triggering rate hikes on other cards!

Where's the increased risk with me? I've never missed a payment or even been late. I told them it's crap, and a terrible way to reward loyal customers.

It's my fault that I have a fairly high balance on the card to begin with, but this prompts me to do everything I can to pay that sucker off QUICK. And try to avoid dealings with Chase in the future.
A     0 Votes
My wife and I received an identical notice today. Our card is 2 years old and was originally a WaMu card. Prior to Chase taking over our account our APR remained around 10%. We have NEVER been late on our payments with WaMu or Chase. Our card balance has hovered around 50% of the total maximum value for the last 6 months. We have never gone above 80% of the total credit limit. Based on today's notice our APR is going from 10.25 to 13.24% Our notice stated the following...

"We are sending you this notice to let you know that we will be making some changes to your credit card in response to market conditions and to maintain profitability on your account."

The statement sited one of the summary key changes as...

"The standard Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for non-promotional purchases and balance transfers will change to: the Prime Rate plus 9.99%, which as of April 17, 2017 would be 13.24%"

We did a little research to determine if the prime rate had changed. Based on the Wall Street Journal the rate dropped to 3.25% in December 08 and has remained the same through April 09. We are baffled about why a rate increase is warranted. We are not credit experts but try to make an honest effort to stay on top of our payments and credit spending. Our opinion might be ignorant but it appears that Chase is only interested in squeezing as much out of their customers as possible regardless of the customer payment history or spending habits.

If anyone has any information about this APR hike we will be grateful. It might be time for Chase customers to settle their debts and start looking around for another lender. A lender that cares about their customers and wants to keep them long term. (If there is such a lender.)
A     0 Votes
Got the same letter today. I was also a Washington Mutual card holder, and when they switched over to Chase in January, they hiked my rate from 14 to 23%. Now they want to raise it to over 25% to "maintain profitability". This is just a cash grab until they can't do things like this anymore once the legislation kicks in. Monstrous business practices.
A     0 Votes
"First they did not send me a statement for Feb 2017 or email alerts, so feeling suspicious I checked online. I was about 3 days late. I immediately paid my bill in full, but was still stuck with the finance charge.

Then the injustice doesn't stop there, I was charged a huge finance charge, something that I never experienced with WAMU."

I've been a good customer with WAMU, paid my account on time since it was opened and always paid off or more than double my minimum payment.

Basically, the same thing happened to me in March - I didn't receive a statement then they changed my payment date in April, no email notification and I was checking something else online and thought I'd verify when the payment was due. I was 3 days late and they hit me with a$39 fee. I called and sent them an email via my account and they said they wouldn't raise my 12.24% interest rate, but they couldn't reverse the fee.

Today I got a mailer offering to lower my interest rate to 24% if I sign up now for automated payment deduction. NO other "official" notification, just this ad mailer. So I called them... they raised the rate to 29%.

Goodbye Chase!!! I'm moving all of my accounts out this week!

Chase - overdraft charges
Arlington
Texas

I unfortunately am a wamu customer and that bank is being taken over by chase. I transferred funds from my personal checking to my business checking online and they didn't credit the funds for 3 days. When it was wamu transfers between accounts was automatic. And yes, this caused a $27 overdraft charge.

I am transitioning my accounts out of this bank. I already knew about their dirty practices to gouge you coming and going because I used to bank with them prior to moving my account to wamu.

If they buy every bank there is, i'll buy a safe and keep my money there.
N     0 Votes

Chase - reapplying for student loan
Chase

I am so upset, I am a full time college student and every summer i apply for my student loan which is imperative for me to receive. It is the only way that i can continue my education. This year due to the economic recession Chase decided to stop giving out loans, although i have a 800 credit score, they will not budge they say i need a co-signer, which is not going ot happen. How does a company loan so much money go way over their head, and now completely strips away student loans.
THank you Chase because of you, i am not able to attend school this year. P.S my graduation was this May!!
NExt time you think that your company can save the world with loan and mortgage modifications, think about it!
These people are out of school, in debt college students have debt but if you read the Stats! They will graduate and get jobs that can pay the loans back!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree