Chase / beware payment and credit protector
Chase recently closed my account. My balance has been 0 for the past few months, and knowing CC companies are closing accounts due to inactivity...I assumed this was the reason. It was not! Chase is the sneakiest company I have ever dealt with.
This past December, I realized Chase had not sent me a renewal card, so I called them. This is where it all started. The rep with a heavy accent told me no problem, then proceeds to sell me "payment protector". He assures me that with no balance, there is no charge for this. Once I have a balance then only 1 percent of that balance will be applied to payment protection. Fine. He even assures me with a 0 balance there is no fee. Now, since I have not used my Chase card and have no balance I have not been opening my statements. Bad mistake!
February, I see a 10 dollar fee for "Credit protector" - Not! "Payment Protector" and it has been charged to my card -now payment protector applies a 1 cent fee! I'm confused...so I call Chase. They tell me both of these protection plans are 3rd party compaines and I must call them. I call both companies which are NOT related. I thought maybe with the reps heavy accent, he sold me both protection plans! Both companies deny how this could have happened without my consent. I have never wanted or ok'd this Credit Protection. Now due to me not paying the 10 dollars and 1 cent for 3 months...they have closed my account!
If Chase CC, Chase Credit protection, and Chase Payment protection are 3 seperate entities...how is it that when I called the CC company to send me a new card this is where they attached this fee!
I also had a Chase banking account for 6 months...their bank sucks worse than the CC. There is a fee for EVERYTHING! Transferring money, using your own money, getting your balance, overdraft protection goes on a seperate CC with a high interest rate! I even set up overdraft with my own savings account and there was a 25 dollar fee everytime money came out of my own savings! UGH!
I now use my Credit Union for banking which I LOVE and my Bank of America CC which I love...
More Chase Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - account / customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase liquid account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - late payment reporting to the credit agencies during home loan modification process.
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - jp morgan chase allowed the criminals to steal $38,900 from my account a letting them get away with that
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - new debit card