Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing Logo

Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing

Having problems with Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing?

Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing Customer Service. Initial Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing. Discuss the issues you have had with Ditech Financial / Green Tree Servicing and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Ditechmortgage servicer

I asked Ditech in Aug 2016 to refinance my loan. 3months after back and forth, I was denied because I could not provide them with Title to my manufactured home. This is a document they hold, not me (until the loan is paid off). I found out the re-finance process had been cancelled by my loan officer when I called c/s for an update on the process because the loan officer would not return my calls/messages. After continuing to request refinancing or help to locate the "required" (also found out about applying for a Surety Bond because the title didnt exist because the manufacturer didnt send a certificate of origin to the dealer or closing attorney's in the original loan with ABN-AMRO (the original mortgage co.) documents and made complaints against the loan officer (who refused to help at all with the Surety Bond), Ditech "transferred" my loan to SLS in Nov. 2017. My request to SLS asking them to refuse to accept this fraudulent loan fell on deaf ears.
SLS told me they don't refinance, but could use someone else if I had a title, which they can't seem to locate.
Complained to the CFPB, and received an apology from Ditech.
Complained to Freddie Mac Jan. 2018: checking into it.
Spoke to a (local) attorney Jan 2018: He didn't have a clue; told me to call a friend of his who could find a title if it existed... (guess he wasnt listening when I told him there was no _-_- title)

Desirable resolution: Class action against Ditech-SLS. The only reasonable action companies like these understand... loss of profit

Green Tree Servicing LLC — Customer Service/Claims failure

I have been trying for a week to speak to someone in claims. I played 20 questions with one CS rep who told...

GreenTree — no bills sent for 3mos. to my address

i have a mortgage with Green Tree and have paid my bill on time except for a few in the past few years since...

Ventnor

GreenTreeharassment and overpaid

They keep calling. We have already paid 59000.00 for a single wide trailer ( mobile home) and I asked for the payoff balance she said 25000. 00 more. We are no longer living in it. The manager was very rude and insisted that we h ad to continue paying I paid a payment last month and ask for a release form but they never would send it to us. Granted that my father is 103. They just keeps harassing him.

www.greentreeservicing.comThey took fake charge from me without my agreement

I contacted the agent from www.greentreeservicing.com, when I wanted to get loan from them. I filled all necessary papers and provided the deposit in amount of $40, but later some awful things started to happen. They charged me again for $50 and no one warned me about this charge. Also they didn’t reply to my emails now. It is really strange and suspicious. I want to stop these charges, and get all money back.

Greentree Servicing — Bad Business Practices

GreenTree Servicing has bad business practices. They are very rude on the phone. They call you many, many...

Green Tree — FRAUD

CLASS ACTION 15 U.S. CODE 1692 - ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CALIFORNIA - GREEN TREE FINANCIAL SERVICES SUSPENDED...

Greentree Servicing — payment

I called to make a mortgage payment on my home which is in my in-laws name. I have been paying on this house...

Green Tree ServicingHarassment

OMG, were do I start. The workers for Green Tree are the ### of the earth! That is an understatement.. They are ALL a bunch of harassing and aggressive POSs. They told me that they would not except a payment after 30 days. They said the type of mortgage that I have requires them to immediately file for foreclosure if a payment is not received in 30 days. Bank of America sold my mortgage to them. They are all fed this type of harassment from upper management. How they are still in business is beyond me. We need to suit them for every ounce of frustration.

• Me
            memyselfandme Dec 23, 2014

Don't believe that rhetoric crap about foreclosing after 30 days. They are just trying to scare you. Read your mortgage papers. If you can't understand them get legal advice if you need from the supported legal help in your area.

Green Tree ServicingMortgage

Heres one for everybody to read, Consumer Financial protection Group, Heres how to get ahold of them, consumer financial.gov. I had a 15 yr 2nd Mortgage with these people, Green Tree, through the yrs i had 8 payments defered to the end of the contract, I have payed over $66, 000, in 15 yrs, but yet there saying that i still owe $10, 050. They are now under an investagation thru Consumer Financial.gov, Everybody thats had a bad deal with greentree, needs to get these people investagated. They have bad Business tactics and need to be caught.

Green Tree ServicingRefuses to make payments from escrow account

For nearly 1 1/2 months now, I have been trying to get Green Tree to make my homeowners insurance payment from my escrow account, and they absolutely refuse to release any of my money being held in escrow to pay the bill.

They're contractually obligated to make those payments, but they refuse to do it.

I'm am approx. 12 years ahead of schedule on my Payments, and have never been late making a payment. I send extra principal Payments each and every single time I make a payment to my mortgage.

I have called them 3 - 4 times a week for the past 6 weeks and they just won't make the escrow payment.

They just laugh in your face, and insult you over the phone. They just refuse to pay the bill.

I don't know what to do anymore. They're either committing Insurance fraud on a massive scale, or they are trying to have leans placed against the property.

They're criminals.

How do you protect yourself from a bank that wants to steal your home from you?

What can I do to Protect myself and my family from these Predators?

Does anybody have any ideas as far as what I can do to keep them from stealing my home?

Please, any help at all.

Green Tree — rude and threatening calls / letters

these people called me and my sister and told us while our mother was hospitalized and her condition...

Green Tree ServicingIllegal Threats and Harrassment

I am trying to go after Green Tree for any thing I can possibly muster up, legally!! I was renting a home in North Carolina that the landlord decided not to make payments on. Green Tree Called me on average 117 times a week demanding me to bring her accoubt current. I was threatened, harrassed, embarrassed, and a bit scared for my families well being. They had my neighbor knocking at the door with messages telling me to call them for payment and had told them my landlord was losing her house because we were not paying them. I have a letter from my landlord admitting she took my rent and spent it on her grandkids. I went through 6 months of hell dealing with this crap and had to withdraw from college because I was unable to concentrate. I am currently in suit with them for violating North Carolina Law regarding the fair debt collection act. However due to legal loop holes my case might be thrown out because technically I was not the Debtor. Can you beleive that crap!! I hope an attorney somewhere reads this and reaches out to me with any other legal method we can after them for. I find it impossible that there is no law stating they cant call me like they did for a debt that was NOT mine! I also am going to try to have each one of the employees who harrased me arrested for it. I think it should be able to be done since if I called someone 117 times in a week they could have me arrested for harrassment. Anyone with ANY helpful info please reach out to me at [protected]@aol.com. Thank all of you and if I get any infor i will be sure to post it!

• Je
                  Jessi2014 May 16, 2014

Harassment, taking funds before they were authorized too, customer service leaving a little to much on voicemails and then harassing you while you are trying to set up a payment. Does any of this count?

Green Tree — Foreclosure Threat

During my time of being with this lovely group, I have never missed a payment and I can prove this. Thi...

Suffield

Green TreeSham mortgage bills

Bank of America sold off its mortgage loans to Green Tree. Shame on BOFA America. GREEN TREE behaves like thugs towards their mortgage holders. They send escrow bills that have been paid in the mortgage agreement but the bill itself says" payment due." When I called to inquire about this blatant attempt to confuse the recipients of this type of bill they insisted that it was normal book keeping. Having owned many homes in many states I am aware that sending accounting bills that are identical in appearance to the monthly mortgage bill is UNHEARD OF!!! Green tree has a SYSTEMATIC POLICY TO TRAP LESS SOPHISTICATED HOMEOWNERS INTO MAKING EXTRA PAYMENTS.
                Secondly, Green Tree begins a phone and mail harassment if you are 4 days past the first of the month when your mortgage payment is due. If you call to use the pay by phone the clerk demands to know, " WHY ARE YOU LATE?"
                Third, I have had seller credit for decades but Green Tree is not trustworthy. I've sent my payments through the mail. They claim it was late. I've paid by phone and it wasn't credited properly. I'm sure they would like to force me to open an automatic payment plan from my bank account which I have used with other companies. NEVER NEVER
                LET GREENTREE HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT. When something goes wrong and it will no one at GreenTree will fix it. It will always be under investigation.

Green Tree ServicingForce Placed Excessive Premiums

My house insurance had lapsed and Green Tree had sent me a letter to get cover within 30 days or they will get their own insurance. I got other insurance easy within their time frame. Six months later I learned they had charged me $787 for two months cover anyway. This was an excessive amount as the yearly amount is $900. Green Tree had force placed this excessive amount and were now charging late fees. It was not necessary imposing such a high premium, even though I have complained bitterly to many staff members they were not interested. Green Tree need to be taken to task!

• chellba Jan 10, 2014

Ozzy, wondering if you were able to get this ins. under control, I myself am trying to deal with it today, as they (GT) has there ins. in place and I am purchasing my own and going to try to get it in place. Any advice.

Green Tree Servicingmodification

My father loan was transferred to Green Tree and he hasnt had the best time.My father currently has cancer and is recievneing disability.My father makes his payments on time and has never been late but it have touble making the payments becuase he is no longer working becuase of his illness he cant.

He only gets disability. So he applied for a modification in june 2013 and was denied in July 2013 becuase he was not able to prove a real hardship:. My mother cant work because she has to take him to chemo, . So i call up to green tree and asked them about the denial reason;.

The woman told me and i quote " I'm sorry he has cancer but he does not have a real hardsip he can afford the payments"!. I mean he has to borrower money to make all the payments in the household". I mean that is fine if they dont want to assist us but i want people to see this is how Green tree treats borrowers/.

I hope someone important reads this".There needs to be a change.

Green Tree Servicing — Customer Service

My mortgage was sold to Green Tree from Bank of America. I was notified two weeks before my usual payment wa...

GreenTreeRude Customer Service and lack of communication

We were told 8 yrs ago that our house would take 7 yrs to pay off. It is now year 8 and we still owed over 16, 000. So we decided to get a home equity loan to get away from these people. What a nightmare that has been. Green Tree would call and threaten to foreclose on the house unless they get their money by 4pm on the days they called. Even when you already took care of the payment they would call and tell you that you owed them! While trying to get the home equity, Green Tree would not even talk to the loan officer from the bank we were getting the loan from. They were even rude to our new loan officer. So we finally closed on the home equity June 14th. We were told it would be final June 19th and the loan officer sent the check to Green Tree overnight delivery. June 25th my phone is ringing from Green Tree, where's our money this is an urgent call and needs immediate attention. Green Tree saying they recieved no payment, threaten to foreclose once again. So I called the loan officer from the new bank, and She says she has confirmation numbers that the check was indeed picked up and cashed by Green Tree.
                      To anyone who is even remotely thinking about doing business with these people I say think wisely and go somewhere else. This company is nothing more than a true headache and so not worth your business. The customer service people are rude and don't care about the people that's paying their checks! You know that saying, "the customer is always right", but with these people you will never be right.

Green Tree Servicingforce placed insurance

Normally our insurance does not lapse, our policy expired on 3/31/13, but our insurance agent decided he wasn't doing business with that particular company anymore, so it left us hanging looking for a homeowners policy.I found a new agent and had coverage by 4/12/13 with a copy of the declarations page being sent to Green Tree by the agent.

Green Tree should have also paid this out of our escrow account. Shouldn't have really been an issue, however, Green Tree kept sending us notices that we didn't have coverage and if we didn't get coverage within 30 days they would add their own policy. On 4/18/13, I mailed a copy of the declarations page to three different Green Tree offices, (one was sent certified). I received another notice dated 5/9/13 from Green Tree saying that they still didn't have proof of insurance.
                        So, once again I mailed it the address listed and I faxed it to the number listed, this was on 5/14/13. On 5/20/13, I called Green Tree to see if they had received it?. I was told yes, that everything was fine, . On 5/31/13, I received a packet from Green Tree Insurance that showing that on 5/25/13 they had added an insurance policy in the amount of $2, 223 to our account since we hadn't produced verification that we had insurance!.
                        I faxed them 10 copies on 5/31/13 and another 10 copies on 6/3/13'. We'll see if they take their policy off. I
                        On 5/17/13, I paid late fees they claimed we owed, but as of 6/3/13 they still haven't applied them to our late fees. On 4/18/13, I sent a letter to 3 of their offices asking for a detailed breakdown of our account since they took the loan over in January 2012, I am showing we have $145 in payments that are unaccounted for. As of this date I still have not received a reply back from them. They raised our payment $126 with no notice or explanation, (this was before they force placed the insurance). The payment has just been raised the month before due to escrow shortage, so it shouldn't have changed again for at least a year. Something needs to be done about this company.

• chellba Jan 10, 2014

Tonya,
                            Wondering if you were able t get your ins. in place with GT? As I am dealing with this now, they have implemented there ins. and tomorrow I am buying new ins and will fax it to GT, I do have a ins. conformation number to call and make sure they receive it.
                            Do you have any advice?