The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Chase Mortgage — scam
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
August 7, 2009
Chase is my current lender on my home. In March of this year, I contacted Chase, regarding refinancing at todays current rates. I was told for $750, they would do a streamline, no doc loan, and reduce my current interest amount (4.75%). Bear in mind, I was not asking for additional funds...just the lower interest rate. I have at times been up to 3 payments ahead with Chase, have stellar credit, never missed a payment or been late with Chase. I was told this process would take about 30 days. Now, 6 months later (and of course the interest rates are higher), I was declined on this loan. They said they could resubmit it and get me approved under the new programs, but of course at a higher interest than what I locked into in March (almost 5.5% now). I have been promised "the loan will close next week", or "in a couple days" Their appraiser, under appraised my house by nearly 100k, but I still had plent of equity to close this loan. I have been tap danced, and lied to for 6 months, to now have this end up that I will not be able to probably ever have the rate promised to me. Chase in my experience, is a very dishonest lender, and i recommend avoding them at all costs. I now have to start the process over, and will close with another company, but now at a higher interest rate. I will be seeking legal damages for the difference of what i will be losing on the loan now. If any attorney cares to hear my case, please contact me!
More Chase Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice
- Chase - Denied fraud claim
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure!
- Chase - chase raising rates!
- Chase Bank - stalling on refinancing my mortgage
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - atm deposit
- Chase - dishonoring previously resolved debt with washington mutual
- JPMorgan Chase - deposit accounts