Having problems with Cell C?

Cell C Customer Service Contacts

135 (Customer Service)
147 (Quick Info Line)
+27 841 555 555 (Technical Support)
+27 84 135 (Customer Service)
+27 84 145 (Contracts & Upgrades)
+27 841 234 (Glocell)
+27 841 944 000 (Cell C Business)
+27 841 4329 (Text Only)
Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cell C Customer Service. Initial Cell C complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Cell C above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Cell C. Discuss the issues you have had with Cell C and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Cell C Complaints & Reviews

Cell Cerna coetzer wifi usage: [protected]

Good Afternoon

a Lady form Cell C has phoned me today, to get hold of my husband which is the contract holder, for a contract upgrade, I am with CellC for more than 10 years, I am a pensioner and I can not afford the monthly bill of R1000 plus minus, the reason because CellC do bill my account althought I do make use of my wifi weekdays from Monday to Friday.
Kindly advise, Erna Coetzer, my email address is [protected]@sapcor.co.za, tel no: [protected], my husband the contract holder is Pierre Coetzer his tel no is: [protected]

The lady from CELLC that has phoned me this morning has confirmed that my phone was on a open line and that she has changed it today to enable the wifi to be activated without me paying for the wifi calls and data usage.

Hope to get positive feedback from you soon.

Erna Coetzer

• Cell C's response · Oct 23, 2019

Hi Erna

Thank you for making contact with Cell C.

Our team will call you to assist.

Oct 21, 2019

Cell C — cell c fiber to the home

The call center does not adequately support all query's . We have not had internet for just under a week with...

Oct 20, 2019

Cell C — cell c not correct information us

Hello. How r u? I M Rokon. We not satisfied ur low about give us information 100% incorrect that we say. U r...

Cell Cdebit order for monies paid long ago

My name: Eunice Peggy Xolisa Tauo. Cell c account number: [protected]. I had a contract with cell c I was paying well till when I lost my job. They sent NUDEBT to collect the outstanding and and they had closed the number due to non payment. 1st of March 2019 a debit order went through paying cell c the outstanding amount of R879.20 was paid in full. 30th of March I see the statement showing I owe R1149.14. I advise and sent proof that this money was paid before they included whatever amount they felt like. Now cell c keeps on debit my bank account don't know for what and now because of their incompetence this is starting to affect my credit score I want this sorted out because I don't owe cell c any money

debit order for monies paid long ago

• Cell C's response · Oct 19, 2019

Dear Peggy Tauo

Thank you for reaching out to us with your query.

We would like an opportunity to assist in resolving your query. Please forward us your query to [email protected] and include the number we can reach you on for assistance.

• Updated by Peggy Tauo · Oct 19, 2019

I have already sent an email to [email protected] including the the proof of the debit order further inquire with NUDEBT

• Cell C's response · Oct 19, 2019

Which number can we reach you on?

^MP

• Updated by Peggy Tauo · Oct 19, 2019

[protected]

• Cell C's response · Oct 20, 2019

Thank you.

• Cell C's response · Oct 21, 2019

Kindly note that we tried reaching you with no success, please advise of a convenient time to contact or an alternative contact number.

• Updated by Peggy Tauo · Oct 21, 2019

I just saw your calls now you May call me again

• Cell C's response · Oct 21, 2019

We will be in touch.

• Updated by Peggy Tauo · Oct 24, 2019

Good day

After our telephone conversation yesterday I have sent emails to NUDEBT and CollectionQueries cell c email address. Showing and proving the outstanding amount and the payment if such stated amount

• Updated by Peggy Tauo · Oct 31, 2019

Good day

I haven't received any communication after I've sent the emails. May I get a resolution to this matter

• Cell C's response · Oct 31, 2019

As per the previous feedback, you were advised to contact Nudebt for further assistance.

• Updated by Peggy Tauo · Oct 31, 2019

I have emailed them for the letter but with no feedback. I have forwarded your query email address the letter they previously sent me requesting the amount to pay surely that should prove to you that that's the amount they requested and I believe hence you sent NUDEBT to collect the balance then you as cell c should again be able to contact them and enquirer for what you need from them. I've done my part and paid so please deal with this and cancel the debit order on my account

• Cell C's response · Nov 01, 2019

Kindly note that your account was handed over to Nudebt, when you have settled the amount due, they will assist you with the paid up the letter.

Cell Ccontract

I just pulled out my latest credit score only to find that Cell c is still there (showing as unpaid) after a full year since I last settled this account, calling them brings no avail as I keep getting sent from one agent to the other.

Its only fair that you guys refrain from placing incorrect info on your clients credit score, please help me out here

• Cell C's response · Oct 18, 2019

Dear LuckySe

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Please send us your ID and an alternative contact number to [email protected]

Our Support team will look into it and advise.

^NT

Cell Cis cell c giving personal information to external companies?

I got a call from a company, called the Product Shop, to say they phoning on behalf of Cell C . They are giving a reduction in my debit order for 2 extra free products. So I questioned her and said is this going to add onto my existing debit order and double it. She says no it will not. She had all my personal details including my id number, phone numbers, date of birth, where I bank. Everything. I see there are stacks of complaints on Hellopeter about the same scam. So how does she know I have a Cell C contract and have all my personal details as well?

Oct 16, 2019

Cell C — about my account handed over mbd, after I have settled it by january 29.2019

I have called in early January 2019, to ask about my settlement of my account, then I was give the settlement...

Oct 15, 2019

Cell C — ended wi-fi contract but cell c still debit me

In July 2019 I called in at customer care services asking for my settlement amount on my Wi-Fi contract...

Oct 10, 2019

Cell C — data signal not available in my area

I have sent numerous complaints regarding the non availability of data signal for both LTE devices and...

Oct 09, 2019

Cell C — contract

I pay cell c every month and they cut my line and tell me I am in arears, their customer service is usele...

Oct 09, 2019

Cell C — upgrade on cell c contract

In September 2019, I phoned cell c to upgrade my contract on a cellphone. It was delivered at my workplace...

GlocellAccount

hi
          I had a Glocell account and ask them to close the account 2 years ago and today I get a call from my home loan compouny that I cant get a loan because of Glocell account not paidup.

I phone Glocell to find out what the amount is that they say I own them and on there side the acount is closed but I owm
          n them money. Know I dont understand why do they hand me over if my account is closed

Cell Ccell c legal department

I have been trying to get a hold of the legal department for months now to settle my account, with many attempts to call or send emails with no response whatsoever. My account does now have a judgement on it and I just need them to call me back so I can settle my account as soon as possible. This is my number [protected] and me email adres is [protected]@gmail.com if they can contact me in anyway I would really appreciate it.

• Cell C's response · Oct 08, 2019

Dear Ms. jordaan

Thank you for making contact with Cell C.

The matter has been escalated. We will be in touch to provide further assistance.

• Mo
                Motumisheng Mhambi Feb 03, 2021

I have a problem with cell c they canceled my contract with any notification I had to call them to find out they canceled and DEFAULT me on Itc they say I owe them R6000. When I called on the 27th of January they took the matter to their legal no 1 ever called

• Re
                Reshaardmoegamat Losper Nov 05, 2019

Hi I have a similar issue and it now at the level were ima take legal action against u guys as it is now affecting my credit ratings ...my email address is [email protected]

• Mo
                MondeJ Oct 10, 2019

I'm having a similar issue, my email address is [email protected] Please contact me.

• @cellc_support Oct 10, 2019

@MondeJ Dear MondeJ

Thank you for reaching out to Cell C.

Please forward your query to [email protected] Kindly include the Cell C/ID number in question and the number we can reach you on for assistance.

Cell Cdata

I took out a data contract October, 2018 at your Knysna branch. On the 1st August, 2019 your arrangement to use the MTN towers was cancelled leaving me with no internet connection. I spent 1 hour and 27 mins on the phone to you trying to sort this out. I was, never the less, debited with full amount at end of August, 2019. You finally cancelled my contract on 30th August, 2019. At the end of September I was once again debited in full. More calls to you. I have now received an invoice for R470.55 cancellation fee. I had a contract with you which you could no longer provide. I never cancelled... you are totally responsible for what has happen and yet you continue to charge me!!! You owe me, not the other way round! Please sort this mess out.

• Cell C's response · Oct 08, 2019

Dear Ms. Rutherford

Thank you for writing to us.

Please send your query with your ID and contact number to [email protected]

One of our consultants will help you with this query.

Cell Crefund

I bought the wrong product at your Cradlestone Mall store on the 4th of October. Try to return it on Saturday the 5th, but the guy told my they to not have any cash in their till.
                I need to come back later. I went back on Sunday, 5th of Oct., still no cash in their till. Surely I can not drive to Cradlestone Mall every day for an amount of R129, 00. How is it possible that they can not help me with a refund of R129, 00?.
                Please this mather needs to be resolve quickly otherwise I will have to go to sosial media and Hello Peter to report is.
                My number [protected]

• Cell C's response · Oct 07, 2019

Dear Liezl Mouton

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

Please send us your query to [email protected] with the proof of purchase so we can assist.

Oct 02, 2019

Cell C — paying insurance every month and now that my phone broke there's just no assistance

I took out a new contract with Cell C about a year ago. As always I made sure the CellC insurance is also in...

Oct 01, 2019

Cell C — returns

I'm really disappointed by the level of service at mall of Africa for such a beautiful store, too many...

Cell Cwrong upgrade package

So I phoned cell c to actually cancel 2 of my contracts and the guy I spoke to convinced me to upgrade. the deal was for 5GB Day and 5 GB Nite data @ R 89 per month.
                  one of my contracts upgraded correctly, the other one was only on a 1GB so he upgraded me again to a 3GB Topup with the promise of 2GB Free Day Data and 5GB Nite Free data and the 3GB at a 50% discount so my package could still cost R 89 including per month. at this stage im only receiving 3GB data. at a price of R 155 Excl.
                  I think this is really unacceptable to charge me so much as this is not the deal i accepted. after numerous mails to Mr Caleb O'Reilly nothing has been sorted. everytime he change my package, i loose my data and have to pay prorata for the new data. this is unacceptable is it's not my fault. and he doesnt want to sort his [censored] he caused. Please do a upgrade reversal and cancel my contract on [protected]. and please make this number prepaid. i have 3 contracts at cell c and have been a client for years now. it's really unacceptable to pay over R600 a month suddenly because of incapable staff.

• Cell C's response · Oct 02, 2019

Hi Liesel

Kindly email us the number where we can reach you on to [email protected], we will ensure that this matter is sorted.

Cell Cnew contract sales staff

Reference: SPI007763388.

On Friday 27th September I made an enquiry online about a new phone contract. I was called back almost immediately by a lady called Rendani Mabirimisa who went through the long process of checking my details. I then was asked to email my bank statements, proof of address and payslip, which I did straight away. Then I heard nothing.

On Monday I sent an email to follow up, and still no reply. Today I called the helpline and was told I had to speak to Rendani but that she was busy, I must call back. I sent another email to Rendani to which there was still no reply, so I called again. This time I was told by a customer service advisor that my application was unsuccessful (I earn a good salary and have a R1 600 000 house in my name but I can't get a cell c contract! but that is an issue for another time and I guess I'll stay with Vodacom).

My issue is that Rendani, or anybody from Cell C, should have called me back on Friday and told me, but she didn't. That is unacceptable customer service. That you make your customers chase after the sales people for updates on applications is unprofessional. The email which was sent to me on Friday with links to follow for updates does not work, the links take you pages that no longer exist. So customers have no choice to be left hanging and waiting for incompetent, rude sales staff. If i take the time to talk to your sales staff for nearly half an hour, and send them my private financial information, I expect to at least be told the outcome of the application.

A shocking experience from Cell C and one that I will never repeat.

• Cell C's response · Oct 01, 2019

Hi Mrs. CB

We are in receipt of your complaint and apologize for the manner in which this matter was handled. Kindly email us your contact number to [email protected] and we'll assist.

Cell Cservice cancellation - still billed for it

I have cancelled my data contract on the 08th of August for number [protected], Renata Tedesco, I have received sms from Cell C that the contract will be terminated on the 08/09/2019 but I was still billed R.105.00 on the 30th of September.
                      I will ask my bank to stop debit order from my side and I am asking you to kindly terminate the contract as my IPad and number I have mentioned above is not working. I can't access Internet since the 08th of September 2019 as you have suspended the service but you didn't cancelled the contract and debit orders.
                      Please stop debit order from your side and stop billing my account.

• Cell C's response · Oct 01, 2019

Hi Renny

The amount debited should be your last bill as your contract has been cancelled.