[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Linesdenied boarding access to liberty cruise ship

Hello, my name is Deidra Lynn Jones and on Monday, August 26, 2019 my sister Olivia Jones was denied access to the Liberty Cruise ship because she did not have her birth certificate.
Olivia's birth certificate was in her luggage that had been checked in through Carnival's luggage system over 3 hours earlier. We arrived to check the bags in at 11:30am and then we went to return the rental car. Once we realized that Olivia did not have her birth certificate, we immediately notified Carnival officials that the birth certificate was in the luggage. Pam, an official with Carnival Port Canaveral, said they would do everything to assist my sister with finding her luggage so that she could present her birth certificate; however, Pam and Carnival Luggage staff did not assist us at all. They did not even let Olivia know that she was not able to board the ship until the ship left. Pam also provide me with a contact named Louise. I e-mailed Louise several times before 3:00pm and she never reached out to me at all to assist my sister with getting on the ship.
I am writing because I would like to get compensated a total of $5, 500 for the loss we suffered as a result of being denied access to the ship and away from home during Hurricane Dorian. I am also missing items from my bags. The $5, 000 will cover the cost for being denied access and having to find hotel accommodates, food, clothing and transportation in a city that we were are not familiar with, and not to mention there was a Hurricane forming in the Atlantic. Our safety was put at risk and the $5, 000 also includes pain and suffering that we had to endure. I suffer from panic attacks and this situation caused me to suffer multiple panic attacks.
I can provide receipts for the hotel, food and transportation. If possible, I would like to resolve this issue so that I can move forward. I can be reached at [protected] or by e-mail at [protected]@gmail.com.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

-Deidra

• Resolution Statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · Sep 05, 2019

Hello Deidra Jones,

We’re sorry to learn that you and your sister were unable to sail aboard the Carnival Liberty.

We know you were looking forward to your cruise and we empathize with your disappointment over having to miss your cruise. Although every attempt was made to locate your sister's documents in her checked-luggage, we were unable to find her bags before the ship sailed. Please understand we have to look through over hundreds of luggage and at times we are unable to locate the luggage. We have reviewed your request for special consideration but we are unable to honor any compensation. We trust you understand that it is the guest’s sole responsibility to have the proper travel documentation during boarding and throughout the cruise. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your sister.

Sincerely,