Carnival Cruise Lines

+44 843 374 2272(United Kingdom) 5 2
+64 800 442 095(New Zealand) 2 0

Complaints & Reviews

refund

I was given a credit from previous cruise, and I was given a time frame to use it, so I've booked another cruise for April 27 ( Inspiration), all set to go. But i received a email that it got canceled, I had tried last three days to contact your company and my booking agent, all I got was long holding time, and a agent from your company saying please call your booking agent and try to call back next week! All I wanted to know is, do I lose those credits? or if I decide to get refund in form of money, do I get the credit in the form of money too? please help! I will definity go on a cruise after all this chaos is over.
My name is Kien Wu my cancelled cruise # is [protected]/ B73TZB
My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com/ phone [protected]

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Apr 02, 2020

Dear Kien,

We apologize for the lengthy hold time as you can imagine these are unprecedented times and the hold time is taking longer under the circumstances as we are busy trying to assist our guest.

Our records indicate that you secured your booking with a travel agency. In order to protect the client/agency relationship, we ask that you please contact your travel agent in regards to your choice either of a refund or future cruise credit. Due to policies we have in place, we are unable to discuss any booking information or make any changes to your reservation without the agency's consent (i.e. rates, cabin numbers, categories, payments, etc.). As for the credit that was applied on your BK #B73TZ8 that will be re-issued as those are non-refundable as they have no cash value.

Please note that we will not continue to respond via this open forum.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Guest Administration

Cruise ship and Cruise was terrible

I took my family on a cruise out of Baltimore MD with this company and it was terrible. First off the ship was old and dirty. No real swimming pool, the ship was not sailing smooth and this was my first cruise. This cruise ship looked like it had to be from the 1970's and again not what I was hoping to see from brochures I have seen and commercials I watched on tv. So I will never get in a cruise again all because of these people.

customer service/ reservations

my booking number C71DT9 Augs 9 2020. leaving out of san franciso for the Alaska cruise. When I made the reservations I told the agent that my husband would be joining me but i was not able to put him in just yet and she said that I would have til May 11 to day his name, will I called on March 26 2020 to give them his information and they told me that I could add his name but I couldn't and him. I asked why and they said because the person that made my reservation did not block the room so it had two people in the room and now the cruise has all the people it can hold. I told them that was not right because I was told that the room and cruise showed there was two for the room when I made it in the first place. The person I spoke with yesturday said had the person that made the reservation in the first place and done their job right then there would have been not problme but that is not what happened and now my husband can not go with me in this crusie. I told them this is bull **** and they need to fix it. Their solution was for me to call be through out the day and see if someone canceles and then they can add his name to the room which should had been no problem if they had done their job right in the first place this is very in convent for me since I work in the medical field and at this time of day it is not something I can do just sitting and hold and wait to see if they can fix this mistake. This very bad service, I have been cruising with Carnival since 2005 and I am platinum.

Hello Penny,

We truly apologize for any inconvenience during these unprecedented and challenging times.

In light of the ongoing global response to the COVID-19 situation, we continue to work with governments and port officials about our operations and itineraries. We now know with certainty that we will need to cancel some additional cruises, including your upcoming sailing. We apologize for disrupting your vacation plans and for the wait on this announcement as we worked through a rapidly changing operating environment that we know is also impacting the daily routine of our guests.

We share your disappointment in this decision, as this group of sailings included a number of unique itineraries and the introduction of new ships, homeports and destinations to our network. Our team has been hard at work making plans for these voyages for over a year and the strong response by you and our other guests suggests tremendous enthusiasm for these offerings which we hope to bring back at the right time.

In the meantime, we hope you will be able to rebook your vacation utilizing the incentives we have developed to thank you for your loyalty and patience. Below are two options for you to consider, including a bonus value offer. We look forward to welcoming you onboard, when the time is right for you.

We urge you to carefully review this information and follow the online process. Like many other companies, our office has closed at the direction of local government. While our customer contact center team is now working from home and taking calls, we are adjusting to this fluid situation and managing through some technology issues. High call volumes and technology limitations due to our work from home programs are limiting our traditional levels of resources and responsiveness. Calling us will not expedite your request at this time. In addition, if you booked through a travel advisor, they are fully equipped to help you with this process and will also be able to rebook another vacation with your future cruise credit.

This letter supersedes any previous offer received. Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on these voyages and cancelled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.

Please note that whichever option you select will apply to all guests on your reservation.

Given how fluid the situation is, we have extended this offer until December 31, 2020 for you to make a selection. After that, you will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit*.

Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

If you purchased your own flights for getting to your cruise, we encourage you to contact your airline or travel agent about your options as the airlines are also working to accommodate their passengers.

Please continue to visit the link below to learn more about how we are addressing COVID-19 and get further updates on our operations.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience because we know how much time and effort you put into planning the perfect cruise vacation. We want to get back to cruising just as soon as we can and we’ll be here when times are better and be ready for your return.

Please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones. Your health and safety are important to us whether or not you’re on one of our ships.

We thank you for your patience and support.

cruise credit/refund

Due to the corona virus, Carnival cruise lines encouraged passengers to cancel and rebook cruises from March through April 2020. They promised refunds and future cruise credits. I...

still waiting for refund — was told on a recorded line refund would be 7 to 10 days

Booking #G28SZ5 PIN:2909 Victor A Soussi [protected] Due to prices changes i requested two differant refunds 1)on 3/12/20 i was approved to be refunded $180 due to price change...

Both — Not a good vacation

1639 Me and my husband and about 26th other people went on this grand vacation we had planned for over a year.We went on the Horizon on March 7 tho 15 2020.Let's just say I wish I...

carnival conquest sailing booking #D26XN8 april 20,2020-april 23,2020 — requesting a total refund due to coronavirus pandemic

my name is andrea adeniji ( [protected]@yahoo.com) and dorothy williams ( dorothy.[protected]@yahoo.com) I andrea adeniji have been reaching out to Jose Arreaza agent for carnival cruise line conquest [protected] ext 86331 ) trying to get a total refund on my D26XN8 april 20-23, 2020 cruise. I am not interested in a credit being it is a difficult time trying to meet the cruise line deadlines of any credit vouchers. I am taking care of a elderly parent as well as Dorothy is a 70 year old that has health concerns of her own. We have had to make plans with fulfilling this current cruise having other family and work obligations in preparation for cruising. It is not feasable for either to meet deadlines of future credit cruises at this time. We are in the city of Ilinois as our governor has put us on shelter lock down as well as my employer and I have been requested not to travel during this pandemic at this time. Thank you and looking foward to cruising with you again in the future.

• Updated by Andrea Adeniji · Mar 23, 2020

my name is andrea adeniji ([email protected]) and dorothy williams ([email protected]) I andrea adeniji have been reaching out to jose arreaza agent for carnival cruise line conquest (800-819-3902 ext 86331) trying to get a total refund on my D26XN8 cruise I am not interested in a future credit voucher at this is a difficult time trying to meet cruise guidelines as well as deadlines for future voucher credits I am taking care of a elderly parent as well as dorothy is a 70 year old that has existing health concerns of her own. we have had to make provisions already in fulfulling time away for this cruise. In the state of Illinois our governor has already as others placed us on shelter lockdown as well as travel is not advised during this time as well as from my employer. I look forward in the future taking a cruise me and my friends with carnival. Thank you andrea

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Mar 25, 2020

Hi Andrea,

We are sorry to learn that you are displeased with the options provided, as well as, the handling of the situation. As you know, these are unprecedented times and we are all doing the absolute best we can.

We did not want you to feel that your comments and concerns fell on deaf ears and kindly ask that you allow us the opportunity to review your request by sending an email to [email protected] for additional consideration.

Hello,

Updated response: A full refund has been requested, please contact us at 1800.438.6744 for additional assistance if needed.

We are working with our guests to address this disruption to their vacation plans and extend our apologies. For our guests' convenience, we have automated the customer service process and urge our guests and travel agent partners to please use the online forms as requested in emails being sent. Our offices in Greater Miami remain closed at the direction of local officials and our ability to handle calls has been severely impacted by the ongoing situation. The web address for customers to make a selection is https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/cancellation-preference-v2.aspx . Please note that requests can only be submitted through this link for sailings impacted by these cancellations.

This decision also has implications for the thousands of our crew members who remain on our ships, and just like they have always taken care of our guests, we are working diligently to continue to take care of them and get them home where possible.

We remain committed to our return to service and will use this time to continue to build additional processes, protocols and resources to protect the health and safety of our guests, crew and the destinations we serve.

We thank our guests for their understanding and look forward to welcoming them on a future Carnival cruise.

• Gm
    gmiles Mar 25, 2020

I have a refund coming for a cruise Mar 23, I have been trying to get my refund for a month now and keep getting the same response. Carnival says it could take up to 3 months. They want their money and don't hesitate to cancel if you don't pay. But when the shoe is on the other foot the take 3 months. I am done with carnival and you would serve yourself good to do the same. They are the worst.

policy — they kept 718.00 of my money

I want ALL of my money back from Carnival crusie lines. Because a doctor told my husband not to cruise we cancelled before they changed policy once again . We lost 718.00 Being seniors we can't afford to just throw away money . This is very unfair . What a rip off company .booking number 7ZSW41 How can they get away with going this to thousands of people . Our goverment should not be helping them out in this time because they are a rip off.

Thank you for posting your concerns.

Our records indicate that your Carnival Pride 05.17.2020 booking was created on 05.18.2019 with a $250.00pp non-refundable deposit and that you purchased Carnival Vacation Protection with the premium of $109.00pp through our plan administrator, Aon Affinity.

That being said, your booking was canceled via carnival.com on 03.11.2020 and you are able to initiate a claim by calling 1800.331.2796 or via www.travelclaim.com. If the claim is denied, we will issue a Cancel For Any Reason 75% future cruise credit; otherwise, under our current policy guidelines your $500.00 total non-refundable deposit is held as a future cruise credit to redeem on a sailing that departs on or before May 31, 2021.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to win back your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Shelly

Refund for Hotel and AirFare — Carnival Cancelled Cruise

Booking # D10NR1
Date of Cruise: 3/14/2020
I am asking for a refund for my hotel, airfare and meal. I was notified by Carnival 11 hours before my departure time and had already flown into the port the night before. I had to flight back home the next day since no cruise had been cancelled. Received notification at 1am that the cruise was cancelled and to be at the port at 12pm. Have been unable to get a hold of Carnival due to a high volume. If I would of had more notice I could have cancelled my flight and hotel.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Apr 01, 2020

Hello, We are sorry to learn that you were unable to sail with us onboard the Carnival Conquest and that the Important Notice sent to your confirmed email address on 03.13.2020 was not viewed prior to your pre-cruise travel plans which were independently purchased. However, we are unable to honor your request for air and hotel expenses. We know this is not the answer you were hoping for and apologize for any further disappointment. Our records indicate that a full refund has been requested for your cruise fare, taxes, fees and port expenses and we would like to reiterate our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of these challenging times and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Mar 22, 2020

Hi Mr. or Ms. Prater.

Was this some sort of packaged purchased through the Carnival cruise line?

carnival — rude people on the phone and not reimbursing my money back

I booked a cruise and paid for it in full on day one earlier this year. my son whom I paid for in our party has a wedding to go to so we called to remove him from our party and only receive an onboard credit. we are going with friends and family in a large party all of our rooms are together. they tried to move us to rooms far apart. the lady on the phone was unhelpful and rude. we decided to cancel everything due to her attitude. I was not refunded all of my money. I want my 100 dollars they kept. I didn't pay a deposit. I paid in full day one. I want my money back. we have been on alot of carnival cruises but i will never cruise with this company agin if they keep my money. i will also have everyone in our party cancel this cruise too. i will campaign against carnival if this is not resolved. this happened today. booking numbers d68xr3 and d68zf5 id like to get this resolved now

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Apr 01, 2020

Hello, We are sorry to hear that the bookings you created on 01.20.2020 under the total $100.00 non-refundable deposit per cabin E145 & E149 were canceled on 03.20.2020 due to Coronavirus concerns. The Early Saver promotion selected at the time of booking offers the opportunity to make sure you get the best possible rate on any given sailing.  The program, however, does have certain restrictions like a non-refundable deposit and an administrative fee of $50, per person, if you cancel or change sailings before the final payment date.  Our guests really value the price assurance feature. In order to maintain the integrity of the Early Saver program, we must enforce these restrictions. Therefore, we are unable to honor your request for a refund. We know this is not the answer you were hoping for and apologize in advance for any further disappointment.

Refunds and NO Communication — NO Refunds and NO Communication

I was booked on the Magic leaving on 3/14/20. Confirmation 9FNT97. The last communication I have received from Carnival was on 3/14/20 at 10:32 AM by a recorded message that the cruise was cancelled. I was called on Fri 3/13/20 at 6 PM wanting to know if I wanted to upgrade to a suite. I made sure that I asked several times is Carnival cruising out because all the other cruise lines have suspended their cruise. I was told that Carnival was cruising. So I upgrade. I was duped and fooled. Since Carnival management already made a decision to cancel all cruises on 3/11/20. I found this out from passenger that were on the Magic previous that the Capitan of Magic announced that they were the last passenger on Wed 3/11/20. Carnival did not notify me until 12:42 AM in the middle of the night with an e-mail that the cruise was cancelled.
I found out from my son who provided me a text message on 3/13/20 at 8 PM. I did call Carnival and was told Yes everything is cancelled if you want a cruise refund you will have to wait 90 days. I asked about what about the excursions and the money I put on my account I was told I need to get in contact with the fun shop, then was hung up on.
So I have about 5 grand tied up with Carnival and nobody has contacted me on how I might get this money back. Our friends that were going with (9RSF98)us already have there drink package return and excursions money returned. They get e-mails and message but as of today 3/19/20 I have not received a single communication, nothing!!!
My son has received 3 to 4 e-mails wanting to know if he would like to book a new cruise because they have special rates going right now.
Plus if you call in they don't have the option to be called back later OH they say you do by pressing one but that doesn't work so you are hold for hours.
HEY CARNIVAL some communication would be really nice!! I have been with Carnival for 10 years but I will be looking at what other cruise lines are doing for their customers.
I know Carnival didn't start this but the communication is so bad.

Hello,

We are truly sorry to hear that you are not happy with the timing and handling of the situation. As you know, these are unprecedented times and we all are doing the absolute best we can.

As you can imagine the number of refunds we are processing is unprecedented, and our offices remain closed at the direction of local government.

At this time, we are unable to provide a specific time frame but we are working hard to process your refund requests as soon as possible.

We kindly ask that provided link be utilized to expedite your request for a refund or future cruise credit.

As announced, Carnival Cruise Line is extending our pause of North American operations to May 11.

Shelly
    Carnival Cruise Line

Carnival Reps lying and changing information

I also booked a cruise for March 2th thru the 30th, I called several times of course waiting on hold for several hours, first representative stated that it was business as usually and was very rude. The second time I called the rep stated that I must fight with the insurance, I bought the insurance cause I was told I could cancel for any reason, then the Corona Virus Update occured. I called Carnival again and I mentioned the President stating the ships should not sale, again I was told it was business as usually, I again called carnival and stated that the March rth update stated that we could cancell the cruise, again i was not helped, I then called carnival again and the rep stated that yes I could reschedule and get the credit. I was also told that the other would be placed back on my credit card, so I agreed, but then I was told no that I would get full credit on the next cruise and I would even have an over credit, She said It would take a few days, well guess what, no refund and no full credit on cruise, the insurance I bought stated percent. I then find out that they did give the option for full credit or refund, but guess what they cant find my old booking number and I cant even get a receipt from the websight. They deleted my old booking. My new booking just shows. I will never go on a carnival cruise again, They lie and in the mist of the national security they treat customers this way. I will be filing a compaint with the Attorney General Office. My fault for not waiting but only was listening to Carnival Reps who were suppose to direct me to the best option, they lie.

• Updated by ed2009 · Mar 14, 2020

This is Ed 2009 my old booking not showing is C67LG3

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Mar 19, 2020

Good afternoon Ms. Erika Poling,

We are sorry to hear you and Mrs. Andrea Simmons will not be sailing on the Carnival Elation BK #C67LG3. We apologize for an inconvenience caused due to the high call volume and the everyday changes based on the COVID-19 virus, our service agents were trying to keep up with all of the changes while still servicing the incoming calls.

We show that you elected to rebook and have the future cruise credit applied to your new reservation BK #G43LZ9.

Please keep in mind this is an open forum.

Unethical and Unfair Practices

So, we're getting screwed AGAIN by Carnival. All travel between March 14 and April 9 has been canceled. They are NOW offering folks who have not already rescheduled/cancelled a 100% FCC AND a 600 onboard cruise credit OR a 100% refund. I have been on phone all morning with Carnival and I am told since I rescheduled, I did not qualify for the new policy. I RESCHEDULED BECAUSE I HAD TO MAKE A DECISION BEFORE MARCH 17. With the wait times and inability to get through and 20 hours on hold so far in a week, I rescheduled our cruise on March 10 because I didn't want to lose our 3274.04. I got screwed out of 680.00 on the rescheduling fiasco and if now find that if I had waited, I could be done with the whole mess. DO WHAT IS RIGHT CARNIVAL. Anyone who had a cruise scheduled during March 14-April 09, HONOR THE NEW POLICY FOR THEM REGARDLESS IF THEY HAVE REBOOKED OR NOT!!! I'd even settle for 100% FCC and the 600.00 on board credit. It's totally unethical and scandalous for Carnival to treat customers this way. GIVE ME 100% FCC and 600.00 on board credit and I'll keep my booking! I just don't want to LOSE MONEY due to not fault of my own. DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR ONCE CARNIVAL.

Unethical behavior in trying times

The ability to schedule without penalty is total BS. I rebooked for a less expensive cruise in September...so far, it has cost me 516.00 MORE. Go figure...BE AWARE carnival cruisers. Your future cruise credit is only good for the CRUISE RATE, Not the taxes, port fees, etc. for the future cruise. The difference in the cruises is applied to your onboard cruise credit UP TO 500.00. If the cruise you book is more than 500.00 less than the original cruise, YOU LOSE the rest. PLUS, you are being forced to spend your money onboard...for me, it's 500.00 and I lost 180.00 because the difference in the cruises is 680.00. Carnival is screwing people over in a very stressful time. The consumers are being penalized for trying to make the right decisions as advised by the State Department and the CDC. Shame on you Carnival. I will NEVER book a cruise with Carnival again. I advise everyone else to do the same. When I FINALLY spoke with a cruise "specialist", I was given the incorrect information regarding my future cruise credit...you would think they would have enough sense to handle issues like this. I spoke to resolution manager "executive" RORY and he told me he would be upset too, but unfortunately, he could do nothing to change it. The mission statement of Carnival must be screw everyone out of as much money as possible and apologize profusely in the process. I guess that makes it ok. DONE WITH CARNIVAL FOREVER.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Mar 13, 2020

Thank you for posting your concerns.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any miscommunication that may have occurred.

The future cruise credit is based on the cancellation charges. All taxes, fees and port expenses are refunded upon cancellation and a cruise fare credit is unable to be applied to amounts which are outside of Carnival's control; such as, taxes (immigration, health, food & plant) port expenses and fees.

The future ship, sail date, itinerary, duration of cruise, accommodations selected to apply the future cruise credit to, is up to the guest(s) sailing. We understand that some of guests may select for example, a shorter sailing; therefore, based on our new relaxed policy, we are able to apply up to $500.00 of the cruise credit towards an the shipboard Sail & Sign® account.

We appreciate the feedback and will keep your concerns in mind when we next review our guidelines.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

• Updated by DJga · Mar 13, 2020

I could not post a reply to your ridiculous, useless response, therefore, I submitted a new complaint. Guess it can be added to the thousand others you're going to receive...………...In response to your post:
    How convenient you apply MY MONEY (the difference in cruise fare) that I paid, to an onboard credit that HAS to be used to benefit YOU financially AND, only up to 500.00 is credited. Therefore, I have lost 180.00 immediately upon rescheduling AND the $250.00 I paid upon rescheduling at the urging of Alina, who assured me it would be refunded back to my debit card by the end of the business day, but she needed it to secure the cabin on the rescheduled cruise. I did so, TRUSTING the employees knew the correct information, then was told it would NOT be refunded and I still owe over $500 for a cruise that costs less. What if I did not have the extra funds in my account and was not prepared to pay the $250.00 that was promised to be refunded??????????? Some people can't do that. I guess misguiding, misleading, lying and cheating are what Carnival does best. I was pressured, forced and bullied into rescheduling to prevent losing my entire 3274.05 and I may HAVE to cruise with Carnival this time, but I will NEVER be scammed by this company again, nor anyone else I can convince via word of mouth and social media. I will tell everyone my story, of how Carnival literally RAPED everyone who trusted them with their money. SHAME ON YOU PARASITES. The President has declared a NATIONAL STATE OF EMERGENCY and you continue to screw people over. DO THE RIGHT THING CARNIVAL...REFUND PEOPLE'S MONEY WHO HAD SAILINGS BOOKED IN MARCH!!! Why penalize people for trying to make the best informed decisions to protect the welfare of the public. At least some of us care how our contacts may effect others. Evidently, ALL CARNIVAL IS CONCERNED WITH IS THE MIGHT DOLLAR. I intend to seek further assistance from my state representative and Governor Brian Kemp of GA to press Carnival to make customers whole. I've seen people suggest class action suits on your face book page as well, this is NOT OVER FOR CARNIVAL. I HOPE YOUR STOCK DROPS TO NEGATIVE NUMBERS!!! Social media and word of mouth are VERY POWERFUL tools.

Lack of opportunity to reschedule cruise, lack of refund of cruise

Since Carnival won't let me post on their facebook page and Since I can't get through to customer service and when I do they are being told to tell us that no supervisors are available, no higher ups are available, and the office of the executives are not taking calls from customers I will just continue to express my concerns until someone sees it and does something. Higher ups should be ashamed of themselves and I hope you are paying your reps good to cover on your behalf.

My name is Brandi Nagy. I was on the Carnival Horizon
3/1/2020-3/7/2020. I am writing to express my absolute disappointment
in my time on the Horizon and Carnival's lack of response to my
frustrations. When my husband and I boarded the ship there was no
indication, warning, or communication that we would not be making our
scheduled ports. Our first day was a sea day. Late afternoon, early
evening it was announced our entire itinerary was changing. We would
not be making any of scheduled stops and they would be replaced by 3
different ports. This announcement was made well after 24 hours of
embarking and with little to no time to research or plan excursions to
the new planned stops.

Once I found out that we were no longer going to be stopping as
planned I contacted guest services and was told there was nothing they
could do. The excursions were not even available until late Monday
night and even then most were already sold out. I also inquired with
guest services about the "Great Vacation Guarantee" and was told since
it was past the 24 hour mark that was no longer valid and they would
not be honoring that for anyone. I was told there was no way I could
take advantage of this and be flown home to my original destination
and not to even bother pushing the issue. I had no time to research or
plan for our new stops and feared for my safety by being sent to areas
I knew nothing about.

On Tuesday at our first stop, Amber Cove, we did manage to book an
excursion very late Monday night only to find out right before getting
off the ship it was cancelled. The only reason we even knew it was
cancelled was because people we were traveling with had forgotten
something in their room and found the letter notifying them of the
cancellation being slid under their door way after the debarkation
time and very little time before the planned excursion was set to
begin. Had our fellow travelers not gone back to the room at the last
minute we would have had no idea our excursion was even cancelled.
This was very poor communication on Carnival's end regarding last
minute cancellation and notification as well.

Once in the port, several people working in Amber Cove informed us
they knew Sunday, the day we sailed out that we would be stopping
there. Also during our stop in Grand Turk, several vendors and island
staff also told us they knew Sunday we would be stopping there
Wednesday. So how is it everyone except the passengers knew the
itinerary had already been changed? Passengers were not notified until
late Monday afternoon, evening. If Carnival did not know when sailing out Sunday we were changing stops then why on my sign and sail statement on 3/1/20 at 11:24 a refund credit for taxes, fees, and port expenses?
Had Carnival told passengers
beforehand we would not have been going to our originally scheduled
stops, we would not have even boarded the boat.

Also on deck 11 several nights I noticed cockroaches running around on
the ground. When I brought this to staff's attention, I was told they
would "look into it". Every time I noticed one I would notify staff
and nothing was ever done. This is completely unacceptable and
unhygienic especially with food and drinks being served so close by.

I also let our room attendant know that our couch in the cabin (14217)
had some kind of dark staining on it in our room. He told us he would
make sure it was cleaned that morning. Once we left the room and room
service had been in it was apparent there was no effort made to even
clean the couch. I again expressed my concern and still nothing was
done.

On Wednesday evening my pre-paid wifi was disconnected and would not
reconnect, when letting guest services know they told me it must be my
phone. While discussing this with the representative several other
people were complaining of the same thing. All guest services had to
say was sorry we can't help you. So that was over a half a day without
something I paid for as well.

Overall this cruise was not the cruise I paid for. The fact that there
was no communication from Carnival staff when it was known well before
hand that we would not be stopping in our original ports is totally
unacceptable. The cruise I paid for and the cruise I received were 2
completely different cruises both in quality and cost.

While on board Carnival started giving people cruising after us the
option to cancel or rebook their cruises. This offer was never
extended to us. Had this offer been extended to us we would have
rescheduled our cruise to a later date. While on board several news
articles were published that Jamaica and Grand Cayman did not in fact
turn us away like the captain had originally announced. I feel as
though our ship and the people on it were used as a bargaining tool
and political move with the islands. We were told we would not be
allowed to dock there and they had turned us away when in fact it was
Carnival's decision, not the islands.

This was not the vacation we planned for, paid for, and dreamed for.
Carnival's attempt to remedy the situation by offering an on board
credit of 200$ on the last day is laughable. The fact the captain and
staff knew before sailing we would not be going where originally
planned, the captain lied about the islands denying us entry, and the
cleanliness of the ship was an absolute disgrace of a vacation.

Had Carnival been upfront, provided better communication, and extended
the people on our cruise the same offers being extended to cruises
directly after us, this would be a completely different scenario. The
lack of customer service or care from Carnival is the worst I have
ever received from a vendor in my travels. I travel a lot for business
and I have yet to meet a vendor who doesn't try to make things right
for its customers, until I encountered Carnival.

The cruise we paid for and the cruise we were given are not even
comparable price wise or quality wise.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Mar 12, 2020

Thank you for posting your concerns.

I’m very sorry to hear of your experience and I’d like to extend my sincere apologies for the situations you’ve described.

So that we can further assist you, we invite you to contact our Guest Care Department directly by dialing toll-free 1-800-929-6400, or locally at 1-305-599-2600, extension 70530. Our team members will gladly review each of these matters in further detail. Please note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

• Updated by BNagy24 · Mar 12, 2020

Will be in touch if your phone lines ever come back up!

• Updated by BNagy24 · Mar 13, 2020

I have spoken to several carnival representatives and still have not received any compensation or any remedy from carnival. Andrea informed me on 3/12/20 there would not be any further compensation. I still have not been able to get through at the phone numbers provided below. Will never spend a penny on anything Carnival owned or affiliated ever again.

Billing

I has a great time on the Carnival Sensation Sail Date: 3/5/10-3/09/10 the issue is I used my Checking Debit Card to pay for onboard services; now Carnival will not stay out of my account!! I am on a tight budget now my account is overdrawn! Carnival received the $618.09 owed as stated on my final bill but seem to keep going in my account adding, crediting, deducting back and forth!! This is crazy!! Ellen Jordan Folio 46086 Carnival Sensation

credit

Hi, I booked two rooms for Carnival Sensation 9wzs18 and 9wzs63. We had to cancel due to Coronavirus travel restrictions placed on me by my company. We are not supposed to travel internationally and that included Mexico. A few in my group went however a few didn't. We would love to reschedule and have the deposit credit applied to a future cruise. I love Key West and Mexico and I have even been on Sensation before. I was given this link to ask for credit as the rep said it was over their pay grade to do so.

Vineta Pritchard
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Mar 04, 2020

Good afternoon Ms. Vineta Pritchard,

We are sorry to hear your reservations BK #9WZS18 & BK #9WZS63 were both cancelled. Please note we do not respond via this open forum to any inquiries regarding cancellations.

It is for reasons such as these that we offer the Carnival Vacation protection plan although not all claims are payable it does carry a cancel for any reason which provides a 75% future cruise credit of the amount of the cancellation charges assesssed

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Mar 04, 2020

Good afternoon Ms. Vineta Pritchard,

Cruising refund or credit

I, evely6n barran and ethelwold lawrence from trinidad and camilla lezama from usa, were booked on carnival cruise - fascination to cruise from barbados, we journeyed from our respective homes to get the ship, 3 days in advance to avoid any unforeseen mishap. While in barbados we learnt there were 3 persons suspected of the virus, and st.Lucia did not permit the ship to dock, hence it had to come to barbados to have the 3 persons tested, there and then it seems very risky so we packed our bags and headed home quickly. We would like to receive a refund or get a credit for a future cruise. The booking no. Is 8mmz93 pin#1954 and room #7348 my credit card was utilized the fast deal #17535 date of cruise is feb 28 to march 6th 2020.

chains by the inch warranty

I purchased 2 chains and 1 bracelet from the gold by the inch sale on board the imagination on 1/24/19 at which time I was told if ever they tarnish or break, I can just exchange them when I am on another cruise. As you can see in the picture the chains have tarnished. I tried to exchange them on my 10/21/19 inspiration cruise at which time I was told they didn't have the same links available so I could try on another ship or send them in for exchange. On my 12/27/19 miracle cruise they didn't sell the gold by the inch so I waited til my 2/8/20 panorama cruise and was ONCE again told they didn't have the same links available and was told to mail them in. At that point I asked if I could exchange them for a similar link, I was told that I had to mail them in. Now the problem I have as a frequent cruiser is that I was misled when I purchased the chains that if they tarnished, I would be able to exchange them with NO problem! Now I have contacted the company in NY and they have advised me that I have to pay to mail them in and pay 9.95 for one of them and 19.95 each for the other two and then they will send me back the same link or similar. I was totally misled by Carnival and feel that Carnival should exchange these three chains I have with the same OR similar links at no charge just as they promised when I purchased them. I have and continue to spend a lot of money with Carnival and would like for you to stand by your items and resolve this matter with me. I would like some type of authorization to be able to exchange these chains on my next cruise, whether it be for the same OR similar links. Thank you in advance. vifp [protected]

chains by the inch warranty

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 24, 2020

Missing ports due to mechanical issues Jan 11- 16

What a cruise from hell, never book carnival cruise lines. Pool closed because of leaking into dinning room, missing 2 ports because of mechanical issues. Refund 50 a joke and insult. Stabilizers not working 75% of people sick, unable walk safely around the ship.
Carnival refuses do do anything no compensation, or apology, very angry meeting with captain and team.
Will fight for compensation.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 24, 2020

Booking

I booked a cruise and asked for an extension on the due date due to totaling my car and having to replace a furnace within a week oh of balance due. They said I could pay $25 and have it extended. I called today to pay off and it was cancelled at 11pm last night. So I missed the deadline by 12 hours due to being hospitalized (yes I have proof of every piece of my unfortunate luck) they told me they would reactivate it for the amount that it would cost to book today(more money) and if I do not reactivate it I forfeit all money paid towards it. Including the $150 extra outside of the deposit. I explained everything and was more than willing to pay in full when calling. No help at all.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 28, 2020

Dear Tlconroe,

We are sorry to hear of the circumstances that caused your reservation to be cancelled. Please note that it is for reasons such as these that we offer the Carnival Vacation Protection.

Refund

Due to health issues and the recent on going scare of Coronavrus my sister's and I had to cancel our Cruise on the paradise D22PG3 As we were not expecting in a million year...

on board photo ops

We boarded our cruise ready to celebrate our engagement and have some time together before the wedding planning began. Of course we came with our own phones to capture all the moments together and even asked other guests to take pictures of us. We had our picture taken on many occasions by crew members and after making the trip several times to scour the wall for our coveted pics, they were never to be found. We recognized couples that were right in the same area or even beside us at times make the wall for purchase. On night 3 of our cruise we had our picture taken at one of the photo op backdrops and were told that he would not be putting it up on the wall and to come to the studio the following evening to see what he had created. We headed that way the next night (after stopping to check out the wall yet again) so excited to see our picture. He pulled out the black envelope and we loved all of them and were deciding on which ones to place on our wall when we were informed of the price. The disappointment of having to leave all those beautiful pictures in the studio because we were not made aware at any point that not all 'photo ops' are alike. We are not writing to complain, perhaps just to let the next couple not have to feel the disappointment we felt.

800-929-6400

deposit lost after rebooking same cruise

Booking #C72HZ5 I booked this cruise and put $198 deposit down. The cruise is over 1 year away and I needed to re-book for a different date due to an unforeseeable schedule change. I did re-book from February 2021 to January 2021 and lost my deposit and had to put another $198 deposit down. I also lost a better room and had to down grade to a regular balcony. I would like my full deposit refunded or credited to my new booking #F62GW1. I am a loyal carnival cruiser and cruising my way to diamond! Thank you for your time.

• Updated by Cruiser96 · Feb 14, 2020

My new booking is actually F62JW1. I had to call back this morning because I never received a confirmation email and my booking # I was given was wrong.

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to their complaint.

We invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review their concerns. Our Casino Service Department can be reached at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70358. We do not suggest putting any personal information including booking numbers, phone numbers etc. on an open forum.

• Updated by Cruiser96 · Feb 18, 2020

Thank you for your reply and your agent through carnival casino rates told me to make sure I put my booking number on my complaint. You may want to let your agents know this especially since she was the one that told me to do it this way. Thank you!

• Updated by Cruiser96 · Feb 18, 2020

I called the number and they said they will not change it even though they did it for my friend that I’m going with. We changed because she was told it would only be $50 to do so and she didn’t lose her deposit. We would’ve tried to make it work out if we weren’t told that. So now I’m out $198 because someone doesn’t know how to do their job.

Dear Corporate Complaints,

I am writing today to not only complain about a "system issue" but the complete lack of any resolution from your staff. I spoke with Sherri yesterday to book my cruise (she is always fantastic) I informed her I would be purchasing the drink packages for everyone in our room. However I would look into it online. Last night around 9:00pm I logged in added two cheers packages. 3 bottomless bubbles and 5 value Wi-Fi plans. Once I added the Wi-Fi plans the drink packages showed Free as you will see in that attached pictures. Instead of waiting I immediately went to purchase the package excited of our savings. Especially after I was quoted my cruise in email at 2100 and then paid 2300 yesterday. The system did not allow the purchase to go through at first I thought it was my card so I tried my mothers. It did not go through either still thinking this could have been an issue with my particular bank I took pictures of everything and emailed it to Sherri. I asked that she call me when she gets in so I can finalize my purchase after talking to my bank to make sure they will approve charges for Carnival. When I call I was transferred to David Darling made it seem like I was a complete liar. He stated they never have offered free drink packages so he wasn't sure. Then said it was a system error and there is nothing he can do. He then advised me to Shanisha Ext 7362 who was extremely ride saying I don't know what to tell you your not getting it for that price you can call corporate. She then gave me the number back into the main que. Once I was transferred yet again I spoke with Amy in guest care who was kind and understood my frustration she was seeking approval to rectify the issue but couldn't because they didn't actually charge my card. I am at a loss at this point I have a photo of my cart and a carnival error not an error on my part why is Carnivals customer service not stepping up to keep my experience a pleasant one with them? I would like to have this compensated by Carnival honoring the offer I was given last night. I apologize if you experienced an error on your side that was not my issue. I would still like to purchase the Wi=Fi as well. Please contact me and make this right I do not want to have to start booking vacations with another cruise line when we just became addicted to cruises!

Brooke Emmelman

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to their complaint.

We are sorry if the price was incorrectly displayed online and for any confusion it has caused. It was certainly not our intention to mislead the guest in any way, but sometimes website errors can happen. We do our best to avoid these errors and correct them as soon as possible. It does clearly state on our ticket contract under section 7 "Carnival reserves the right to increase published fares and air fare supplements without prior notice. However, fully paid or deposited guests will be protected, except for fares listed, quoted, advertised or booked in error." We have provided the following link: http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84 This applies to any product we sell.

I'm sorry we are unable to respond favorably to their request to offer the erroneous price. I know this is not the answer he was hoping for and we are sorry for any disappointment in this regard. We certainly understand his disappointment and apologize for any frustration this has caused.

Carnival Cruise Line

Carnival Ecstacy Cruiseocean view cabin windows very dirty on outside, marring views.

Was on ship 1/27 to 2/6 - did 2 back 2 backs. Have been on same ship before but was very disappointed this time.
Oceanview cabin windows very dirty on outside, marring views.
Constant sewage smell around atrium - said they were working on it. After 10 days no change. Food in dining room was the worst we ever had. Steaks were overcooked and tough. Mahi Mahi was tough and tasteless, had to turn it back. Baked potatoes were hard and underdone. Other choices not much better. Sour cream was watered down. In buffet - sour cream, butter and jellies were in bowls, not individually wrapped, so they were a constant mess with pieces of food in them. Hot dogs and hamburgers (hockey pucks) and tasteless fruit on Princess Cay bad. Deli in buffet should teach servers how to cut corned beef and pastrami - across the grain not with the grain so chewy you could not eat!
Auto door opener buttons in some public bathrooms in weird locations, not near doors and buckets for tissues were not near doors so you had to go back in bathrooms to throw them away. Not clean!!
Have been on over 25 cruises and previously also on this ship but this was the worst. No more Carnival for us.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 14, 2020

[Resolved] bartender

I have never been so irate as I was On my Carnival cruise on the Sunshine Jan. 20th . In all my cruises I've never been told I can't have a drink "right now". I asked the bartender for a Pina Colada and that was the answer I got In the mean time the bartender On the other side was making one. I went back to my seat and watched more frozen drinks being made. So I went back up to that side and ordered one. The bartender from the other side came over and told him he should not be making them. NEVER have I been denied a drink while cruising. I am 65 years old, it was my first drink of the day and I was told "NOT RIGHT NOW" I guess being a platinum member doesn't mean a thing when it comes to buying a drink. Hopefully they don't treat everyone that way. I will continue to cruise with Carnival but forget about buying any drinks!

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Feb 05, 2020

Thank you for posting your concerns.

We’re very disappointed to learn of your experience with the bartender onboard the Carnival Sunshine. Per your comments, we certainly agree the manner in which the bartender addressed you was inappropriate and uncalled for. With that being said, we sincerely apologize for your experience and have since contacted the appropriate management team onboard to address this situation. Our staff members are required to provide expedient and respectful service to our guests at all times. As a platinum member and frequent Carnival cruiser, we appreciate your taking the time to provide your feedback regarding this matter. Your observations provide us with an opportunity to make improvements to our service!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back onboard in the very near future!

Gary Rodriguez

cruise we never took

my husband and I booked a cruise for 1/12/19 we were unable to board the ship because we didn't have proper documentation no passports or birth certificates I miss read the notice of birth certificates passports liscence and thought we have our license so we are all set. So we are trying to get a refund or credit for a future cruise we have using Carnival for some 30 odd years. I am a senior 78 yrs old and have shown some signs of memory loss my husband is 88 yrs old. I was shocked to see that we were being charged $838.00 for a penalty for not showing up. Please consider our circumstances when you read this explanation.

carnival elation cruise - 01/11/20

I worked hard to put together a family cruise; 17 of us altogether. Right off the bat, we experienced technical difficulties with the stabilizing system. Carvival had put our group on the 4th deck, all the way to the front for 5 of our 6 cabins and the motion due to the issues with the stabilizing system was horrible, not only for the intense motion sickness, but safety concerns walking about the ship. I realize motion sickness is part of sailing, but this was excessive.

The ship also experienced issues with the engine (you could clearly see the black smoke from the right side of the exhaust) which affected our sailing times. We missed both ports (Amber Cover and Grand Turk). They did compensate us $50 for each port missed and got us into Nassau for 5 hours, but my group was extremely dissatisfied. Nassau doesn not compare with Grand Turk and none of us had been to Amber Cover before; that was the port we were most looking forward to.

The whole experience was unfortunate since 1/2 of the group had never sailed and this is their 1st impression.

I called to request additional compensation and was told there was nothing I could do and I should feel fortunate they provided the $50 per missed port. We spent alot of money as a group and might be more understanding if we had only missed one of the 2 ports but this was a disaster. I asked to speak to management and was told I could not. I work in business and cannot believe a corporation such as Carnival that is in the service industry cannot be more accommodating to instill good will; for example, onboard credits, drink packages, free upgrades, credit off a future sailing would've gone a long way.

This was my husband and my 4th cruise; we're now going to be looking to another cruiseline for our next adventure. Will research reviews to find the best customer service.

Nancy Sawyer

[Resolved] discrimination

Dear Carnival,

My cabin is 7357. My name is Jerry Britton retired engineer mechanical supervisor, US Army Corp. of Engineer. I have been on several cruise at least 6 or more with carnival. I am going to check and see how much my vacation company RCI is going to charge me for cancelling my cruise on June 11th to June 15th because my mind cannot be put in this place again. The army retired me at fifty to get away from this discrimination. On this cruise with carnival glory was the worse experience I have ever had on a cruise. I felt like a second class citizen when buying thing on a ship two things when buying some shirts at the pool on deck 9 standing there handing the guy the shirts and he took the shirts from the white lady on the right side of me and the shirts from the white man from the left side of me and I was still the first one in front of him they just came up on the side of me. The next time I brought shirts on deck 9 it was a young lady there I handed her my shirts and she put my shirts down and got the white guy shirt out of his hand and wrote out the ticket, and everything she did again another person. My depression and anxiety kick in mind and went to spinning. I had to go to take all my crazy medicine, stay in my room could not think clearly. Security had to come and check on me because I left do not disturb sign on the door when I went out of the room-so long. The lady behind getting shirt from Italy said Jerry I guess big as you are invisible now. She took your shirts and put them down in front of her and stopped doing your shirts. I said I know I am keeping myself ground because this is what the Army did to me for over 20 years made it back to Memphis Sunday. My Psychologist Amy Balentine made an appointment for January 16th. My mind is spending right now. I have already booked another cruise for 12 peoples my 2 daughters and their families my wife, my nieces, a friends and my grandkids. Just booking parts cost me $6, 000.00 thru RCI. I am thinking about having them change do another cruise line.

Thanks for the good times. Enjoyed all the shows, fun times with Cookies-the Cruise Director no problem getting shirts and thing for St Jude .

Best part of the cruise.

Truly from the Hearts-Jerry & Letha Britton

My families members that I brought to Carnival cruise line is 32.
Tammy & Trent Spencer
Roxie & Kenneth Withers
Telis & Tony Clinton
Brenda & Aaron Heard
Archie & Erica Conley
LaShonna Washington

These are my sisters and their families.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jan 15, 2020

• Resolution Statement

requesting reimbursement to delayed flight and mechanical issues.

This Jamaica cruise was supposed to be a very special occasion that was planned over 12 months. This trip was to celebrate my daughters 16th birthday and Christmas gift. We started out on our journey departing STL Airport at 5:22 am (AA #5068) departure time. Arrived in Charlotte at 8:18 am excited and then the disaster started. Flight AA 1924 was delayed twice and then we were put on another flight AA 1877 that was delayed five times due to weather in FLL and two of the scheduled Aircrafts were broken (mechanical issues unable to fly). Our luggage was never transferred from the previous flight 1924 as promised to the new flight #1877. Therefore, our luggage was just sitting in the open area where anyone could have taken my personal belongings. I did not receive good customer service in my distress they were not able to help. My daughter and I missed the Carnival Cruise for Jamaica and now was stranded in FLL airport unable to get back to ST Louis Airport again no help from customer services. American Airlines could not fly us back since we did not have a return ticket with them. This was very awful due to the only reason we came to Ft Lauderdale FL Pt Everglades to board the cruise.
Unable to return back home that same night we had to stay in a Hotel and find a place for dinner and lunch the next day. Totally devasted and stranded in the Airport until we could get to a hotel. This has caused hardship and stress. I'm seeking a refund for the funds spent on the Airline Tickets, luggage cost, Hotel and food cost expenses totaling $890.71
Airline tickets: $610.91
Luggage fees: $60.00
Hotel Fee: $144.80
Meals: $75.00

I did purchase the vacation protection plan, Per the AON insurance they can only refund max of $500 per traveler.
Good afternoon,
Per below email, I'm very confused on how you calculated the $500.00 for each traveler (myself and daughter).

The cruise rate alone was $649.00 per person totaling $1, 298.00 for the both of us.

Based on our vacation package insurance I purchase in the amount of $190.00. I was told by the carnival cruise representative that amount would cover 100% reimbursements. Included any trip delays or unforeseen and any out of pocket expenses such as Hotel/food/Airfare fees to be reimbursed to the customer.

Please give me an explanation and thank you in advance.

V/r,

Maria Davis

-----Original Message-----
From: [protected]@aon.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 7, 2020 8:02 PM
To: REA.[protected]@CHARTER.NET
Subject: Travel Protection Plan - Reference # [protected]

Greetings,

We have completed our review of the Trip Delay claim for Maria Davis.

Within 2 business days a check in the amount of $500.00 will be mailed, along with any applicable explanation of payment, to the following address: 1448 Manchester Drive, Shiloh, IL 62269.

Please note: If you had multiple claims or claimants involved, each will receive a separate email. To ensure receipt of all messages related to your claim, please check your spam folder.

Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, Ohio

Aon Affinity Travel Practice

[Resolved] cleanliness/customer service/theft

I went to the dermatologist because my face and chest has been broken out since i was on the cruise and apparently i have a bacterial infection. The boat was filthy. Let me start there. Besides rust begin everywhere, there was stains in the carpets. the Spa was disgusting. The floor was black and the windows above your head in the Wave pool thing was black and the ceiling was falling on the left side and had debris coming out of it. I didn't have my phone to take photos in the spa but you can just go into the area on the Breeze and check it out yourself. Im sure it has not been cleaned as it looked like that area does not get constant attention. I did take other pictures of the filth. On December 23rd there was a bug in our room.
My room key, id and credit card were stolen from my room December 25th. Went down to guest services and waited for thirty minutes for security to come due a sweep. Security called the desk back and explained that they do not do room sweeps for those type of items. The next night my husbands credit card goes missing from the room. Of course there is nothing anyone can do because there are no cameras in the hallway.

client number- [protected]
Boat- Breeze
Dates- 12/21-12/28
Resolution- Refund

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jan 13, 2020

[Resolved] airplane tickets

I have two providers getting our airplane tickets (1st - CheapOair) Booking #[protected]. David Anthony Johnson and Kathlene Johnson.
E- Tickets Kathlene Johnson #[protected]
E-Ticket David Anthony Johnson #[protected]
Cost for 2 tickets 2x $196.28 Travel protection $31.90 Paid seats $25.90
Total $478.84 taxes and fee $99.34 agent fees $12.00
TOTAL COST $590.18
airline Confirmation : FNYVRP
Flight from Joplin, Mo. To Newark, N.J. September 29 2020
# 2 (Priceline .com ) Confirmation #GMLIYC E-Tickets David Anthony Johnson [protected] - Kathlene Johnson E-Ticket [protected] - Flight from Orland, Fl. to Joplin, Mo
TOTAL COST $502.50
Carnival Cruise Line Booking 8GZSO5 -Mardi Gras September 30, 2020

Dear David,

Please note you must submit your actual air tickets with all of the information to [email protected] to be reviewed for possible compensation. The air tickets must show that you cancelled your air and that you where assessed change fees in order to receive the $200 pp change fee. If your air tickets are still active no review will be done as we are only compensating for change fees.

[Resolved] refund problem

Re: Reservation 9RTK43/Sailed Oct. 24, 2019/Carnival Dream, Western Caribbean Cruise/Cabin 11268
On Sept. 13, 2019 I purchased two tickets for the Carnival Dream Cruise. I made this purchase directly with the cruise line. The lady I spoke with name was Marcia ext #85139. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the cruise due to the death of my father. My father pass away on Friday October 18, 2019. Due to this I was not in the move to take a cruise. My father death took a tool on me. Due to this happening I was trying to find out if I could get refunded or credited so I can take the cruise at a later date? I also was informed the day I canceled the cruise that I was booked in a handicap accessible room. At no time did I tell Mrs. Marcia that I was handicap nor did I tell her I needed a handicap accessible room. She did not tell me she was booking me a handicap accessible room. Mrs. Marcia never told me about the plan you can purchase just in case one had to cancel your cruiseand ge refunded. I found out all this information from another cruise line person the day I called and canceled my cruise. Please find it in your heart to help me. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at [protected].

Dear Carey,

We are sorry to hear of the passing of your father our thoughts and prayers to out to you and your loved ones during this difficult time.

In reviewing your reservation we see that you where advised to submit documentation (copy of death certificate) to [email protected] to review your request. To date we do not show having received anything.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] outdated decor and amenities for older cruise ships like legend and pride

Hello,

I am a Maryland resident and so Carnival Pride is my home ship. With Pride leaving in 2021 and being replaced by Carnival Legend, I was wondering when will Carnival's older and smaller ships be given a reboot in décor and amenities? I love cruising and make the most of the situation, but for so many loyal cruisers out of Baltimore and for so many years it would be nice to have Legend revamped, especially since she will be introduced to the Port of Baltimore as our new home ship. Are there any dates in place on Legend being dry docked with new décor like Sunshine, Sunrise, and Radiance? How do Marylanders and other people who sail out of Baltimore make a request for Legend to be updated?

Good Day –

Thank you for the opportunity to address your comments and concerns regarding the Carnival Legend and all of our ship’s as it relates to dry dock schedules and amenities.

Carnival is investing into upgrades that will provide your guest with a range of new and updated food and drink outlets, retail space, family friendly entertainment features and new spaces for kid’s activities on board and more.

Lets start with Carnival Legend – May 2018 updates :
    She now has all the exciting Carnival 2.0 features

Bar and Dining
    • Alchemy Bar: let us prescribe you a drink at our apothecary-themed bar
    • Guy’s Burger Joint: juicy, gourmet burgers designed by Guy Fieri himself!
    • BlueIguana Cantina: Enjoy Mexican fiesta feasts
    • BlueIguana Tequila Bar: Mexican drinks paradise
    • RedFrog Rum Bar: chill poolside with a tasty cocktail or beer
    Plus, there’s more
    • The Pixels Digital Photo Gallery- guests can now view their photos on iPads at the photo gallery, on their stateroom interactive-TV or use the HUB App on their smart phone or tablet. With just a click, guests can order digital copies or print copies if they wish, which can be delivered to their stateroom.
    • Minor tweaks and polishes to to Circle C, Club O2, staterooms, food and deli outlets.
    During all dry docks, vessels receive routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the schedule is generally twice within a 5 year period. The Carnival Legend’s most recent dry dock was May 2018 and her Baltimore itineraries are not scheduled until November of 2021 and as you can see by the below provided dry dock schedule we have not scheduled past June of 2021- at this time and we greatly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!
    2020
    Carnival Valor dry dock: 1/25/21 - 3/12/21
    Carnival Paradise dry dock: 2/27/21 - 3/18/21
    Carnival Spirit dry dock: 5/29/21 - 6/12/21

[Resolved] christmas cruise 2019

We were on the Pride for Christmas 2019. We were told by others that that Christmas cruise were amazing, I would disagree. They had a tree lighting the first night I was excited thinking this was the beginning of a great week, not. The Pride very little Decorations, they had Christmas party the Friday after Christmas instead of the day 2 and 3 that were sea days. This was our third time on the Pride and we felt like they cut a lot of the regular activities but didn't replace with new activities. We always had great time on the Pride in the past even when the weather wasn't good. We only had one hot meal that was in David's, oh and when we had got pizza. We waited 10 months for the vacation to only be disappointed, not sure if Carnival is making changes. I could not recommend the Christmas cruise . I think it will be a while before we book another cruise. We were on the Pride in October 2016 during hurricane Matthew, the Pride was in New York for 2 days and sailed up and down the ocean for 4 days between Virginia and New Jersey, and we had better time on that cruise then this Christmas. We did have fun in the piano bar with Martin and Aura as well the " Name that song 70's and 80's " in the atrium with Dr. E but that's it.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 30, 2019

Thank you for posting your concerns.

We’re so glad you chose to sail with us; however, it was disappointing to learn that your cruise did not live up to your expectations.

Per your comments, we realize this was a very special cruise meant to celebrate the Holiday Season. Our staff endeavors to provide a festive environment for our guests with activities and décor. With that being said, we sincerely apologize for your family’s experience and appreciate your taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate management team.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for your disappointment. We hope to have the opportunity to win back your confidence on a future Carnival cruise.

3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] dreams studio with yogi sancaya

On carnival Liberty Dec 23-27 we went on our cruise. December 24 we took
pictures with Yogi Sancaya. We were scheduled to view the photos on Dec 25 at 10:00. Yogi never showed up to show us our pictures. The following day we found him back at the studio at which time he showed us the pictures. We spent 1799.00 for our pictures. We waited for 1 hour for him when he didn't show up for our appointment. He promised we would have all our photos and video on Dec 26. Yogi dropped of the box around 1am and still did not deliver everything that was paid for. We called him again at 6:30 am the nest morning to get the photo frames. He brought them and we thought everything was okay untill we got home. He did not include the video on the usb that was promised. When you spend 1799.00 for pictures you expect to get everything that you paid for.
My name is Linda & John Horner. Our cabin number was 7295. Our phone number is [protected] or [protected]. We are gold status so it's not our 1st cruise and expect much better customer service than this.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 30, 2019

[Resolved] cruise

I just recently cruised with Carnival Conquest to Grand Cayman Islands, Honduras, Belize and Cozumel Mexico. However, we were unable to port at Belize due to winds. I understand...

[Resolved] cruise packages, service, everything all together

Purchased our cruise with a group of over 30. There was many problems. Starting with booking my cruise they charged my account $250 extra for someone else's cruise. Then they...

[Resolved] allowing natural supplements on board

1639 My wife and I just booked our 4th cruise with Carnival. My wife has Fibromyalgia and has had it for 20+ years. For anyone with this debilitating illness, they know it manifest...