Carnival Cruise Lines Logo

Carnival Cruise Lines

Having problems with Carnival Cruise Lines?

Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Service Contacts

1300 385 625 (Australia)
+1 800 764 7419 (Customer Service)
+1 800 845 2599 (Online Support Team)
+1 800 929 6400 (Guest Care)
+44 843 374 2272 (United Kingdom)
+64 800 442 095 (New Zealand)
3655 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Service. Initial Carnival Cruise Lines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Carnival Cruise Lines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Carnival Cruise Lines. Discuss the issues you have had with Carnival Cruise Lines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews

Carnival Cruise LinesRefund

I put down $75 deposit for five people to cruise in July of 2021. The group that I was traveling with has cancelled the cruise all together. I am being told by several agents that my deposits are non refundable and will be forfeited if I cancel. With everything going on with the pandemic. Carnival wants to keep my money or force me to sail at a later date. With my medical conditions isn't safe to do. It's not like I don't want to sail. I am requesting to have my deposits refunded

Refund
Refund

Dec 09, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Fees charged for carnival cancelling cruise

k69rv4 k69st7 You canx my cruises, sorry for us both, I called and rebooked for june and nov But I got thi...

Carnival Cruise LinesRefund for cancelled cruise

As of march 23.2020 I contacted carnival cruise lines and requested a cancellation of an upcoming cruise reservation (september 26.2020) due to the coronavirus pandemic.
    I was told by the person that we would be charged 150.00 for the cancellation, and the remainder of the deposit would be held for a later 2021 cruise. The amount they kept was $1, 100.00
    Upon calling today (september 29, 2020) I was informed that amount has been refunded to us!
    Simply put, that amount was never refunded.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Sep 29, 2020

Hello Tim & Shirley,

We are sorry to hear that you are displeased and we would be more than happy to review your request.

We trust you understand that due to privacy and security reasons we would not want you to include any personal information or booking details in this public forum and kindly ask that you contact us at 1800.438.6744 for additional assistance.

It is our hope that you will allow us to win back your confidence and exceed your expectations.

Aug 09, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Carnival cancels charges customer penalties for cancellation

Book a cruise with Carnival back in early summer for a departure in January 2021. Carnival CANCELS the...

Jul 25, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Return of funds for cancelled cruise

I have fully paid for 2 cruises on the Carnival Fascination that were each scheduled for departure on June 7...

Jul 09, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Customer service - cancellation policy during coronavirus

I booked my first cruise with Carnival recently for Dec 2021. That is a mistake I will never make again. I...

Carnival Cruise LinesCancellation credits for booking#: f57tx1

My Sept 26 cruise was cancelled and I selected the option to rebook and recieve $600 onboard credit. Instead I get a letter back that says they have given me credit for only my deposit minus $50 PP fee since it is a non refundable deposit. I don't want the money back but I want the full deposit credit along with the $600 onboard credit. I would like to rebook but if this is not honored will not be doing so. Thanks for addressing this. Daniel K

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jun 29, 2020

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the opportunity to address your comments and concerns.

We apologize for any confusion; as you booked under an Early Saver promotion - a system generated cancellation notice was sent regarding the $99.00 per person non-refundable deposit for your booking.

As we have offered previously, we are providing two options for you, including a bonus value incentive package that has proven very popular with our guests. We hope you will be able to rebook your vacation utilizing the incentives we have developed in recognition of your loyalty.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and disappointment because we know how much time and effort you put into planning the perfect cruise vacation. When the time is right, our great onboard team will be waiting for you to welcome you back and to give you that great vacation that you deserve.

Please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones. Your health and safety are important to us whether you’re on land or on one of our ships.

Carnival Cruise Line

*The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage, including Fly2Fun air if applicable. FCC and Onboard Credit (OBC) are combinable with all Carnival-offered fares, are non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, have no cash value, and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing departing by 4/30/2023. The FCC/OBC may only be used toward one (1) booking in the same currency in which the above voyage was originally paid. FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, onboard charges or gratuities and any unused portion will be forfeited. New OBC offer replaces any previous OBC offer and applies to new booking if made by 5/31/2021. The booking guest shall be responsible for payment of the difference between the amount of the FCC and the amount of the new booking if higher. After you have booked your cruise, please use this link - https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx and provide us with the new booking information so we can process your FCC.

Jun 22, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Refund

Me and my family has a cruise booked in march.we understand it was out of carnivals control. So we reschedule...

Carnival Cruise LinesRefund for booking F81QD1

My cruise was canceled on Mar 16 2020 & I have still not recieved my refund. I filled out the form on line on Mar 30 2020 to get the full refund. About 4 weeks ago I was told by Carnival customer service that my refund had been processed & I should be seeing it any day - 4 weeks later still no refund. I have now been waiting 96 days for my refund. Today I was told by Nicole in Customer service that she was not allowed to discuss the status of my refund, and that she could be fired for doing so and to just be patient. I was patient for the first 95 days! I need my money back.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jun 19, 2020

Hello Ann,

Thank you for the opportunity to address your comments and concerns.

On behalf of all of us at Carnival Cruise Line, we extend our sincere apologies for the disruption to your vacation plans.

Well over one million Carnival guests have been impacted by this extended pause in cruising, which dwarfs any disruption we've experienced in even the worst hurricane season.

Unfortunately, we are unable to view status of a refund and emails or calls will not expedite the process; however, we are committed to issuing refunds as soon as possible.

Please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones. Your health and safety are important to us whether or not you’re on one of our ships.

Carnival Cruise LinesTravel insurance

I had a cruise booked when the COVID-Virus hit. The cruise was canceled of course, and we rescheduled. However the first cruise had insurance as does the re-booked cruise, however I'm being charged twice for this. There is a balance on my current cruise of $230.00 which is the amount of the insurance and I don't understand why I would be required to pay again and everything was transferred.

• Updated by Angela Strickland · Jun 18, 2020

I had a cruise scheduled when the COVID virus hit. The cruise was of course canceled and we've rebooked. However, we are being charged twice for insurance. Everything was refunded it appeared, however I now show a balance of $230.00 which is the amount of the insurance. The people I'm traveling with had the same experience and was told to file a complaint here and they were refunded their $230.00 fee for the insurance.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jun 18, 2020

Good Day,

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

We were able to locate a booking on the Carnival Breeze 04.11.2020 and our records indicate that the request was processed correctly, the future cruise credit, onboard credit and full transfer of funds and your current booking on the Carnival Radiance 01.16.2021 is actually overpaid. Please refer to the booking confirmation sent for your reference and review and contact us at 1800.438.6744 for additional assistance if needed.

Please be advised further comments will not be made in this public forum and that the same response will be applied to the duplicate review to ensure that all comments and concerns are addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Carnival Cruise LinesPenalty assessment

i'm currently scheduled to sail on the mardi-gras 5-12 Dec 20 booking #C10FP9 i'm 67 years old. I'm worried about the virus surging again in the fall according to the experts. At my age i'm in the high risk target range. I was wondering if my $289.00 penalty could be put as a credit towards a cruise in 2021. I'm still working on trying to get my platium card. Thank you
            Mr Lawrence Owens

I can be reached at [protected]@bellsouth.net

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Jun 12, 2020

Hello Mr. Owens,

It is our pleasure to address your comments and concerns.

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to sail on the newest ship in our fleet, the Mardi Gras on 12.05.2020 and our records indicate that you purchased Carnival Vacation Protection as part of your cruise package. That said, we kindly ask that you contact the plan administrator, Aon Affinity at 1800.331.2796 or www.travelclaim.com to initiate a claim.

Please contact us at 1800.438.6744 for additional assistance if needed, as further responses will not be made on this public forum for privacy and security reasons.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Carnival Cruise LinesCruise insurance

For many months I had a booking for april 11 2020 on carnival breeze from port Canaveral. This trip was cancelled by carnival due to this awful pandemic virus. After this cancellation I called and had an operator move this booking to January 16 2021 on carnival radiance. Booking g43kh7 monies I paid was moved to new cruise except for cruise insurance costing $230.00. Now here is the problem I want that $230.00 to move also. I received an email after I had moved this trip that they were crediting everything and moving even the insurance fees over if I went online and rebooked my cruise. I feel I should get that back. None of this is my choice or carnivals. please add $230.00 credit to booking G43KH7 Port Canerval Carnaval Radiance Jan 16 2021

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · May 21, 2020

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns and for your Platinum loyalty and continued support.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience. When your booking was canceled and new booking created - on March 11th 2020, we were all trying our very best during such unprecedented times.

The Carnival Vacation Protection request for $238.00 has been sent to our processing queue for handling and we are committed to issuing refunds as soon as possible.

Please allow us to reiterate the sincere apologies previously expressed and thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

1800.438.6744
                  CHOOSE FUN®

May 19, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Refund for booking# g06pf3

I received the email notification that my birthday cruise would be disrupted due to the Coronavirus. On 3/30...

Carnival Cruise LinesRefund for canceled cruise of 5/9/2020 9jsl88 miller and 9jsl92 cheek

I filled out the form on 3/30/2020 and was told 7-10 days for refund. The credit card Carnival World MasterCard says they have not received anything when I call Carnival they say they have sent the information. I would like to know when I can expect to receive my refund. I realize that is a difficult time, but it is also difficult for individuals that have paid for these cruises and/and or excursions, drinks, etc. And they should be receiving their money. It has been 45 days and I want an answer or do I need to seek legal assistance.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · May 14, 2020

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience.

Well over one million Carnival guests have been impacted by this extended pause in cruising, which dwarfs any disruption we’ve experienced in even the worst hurricane season. We can confirm that refunds are being issued to those guests that requested one. Those guests who selected the FCC option will be receiving a refund on their taxes, fees, port expenses and other pre-purchased items. Our customer service team has been approved for overtime and we have trained other management employees to help as well.

1800.438.6744
                    CHOOSE FUN®

AndrewMason May 14, 2020

Heard a lot of bad stuff about this company, hope you will get your refund soon!

Carnival Cruise LinesRefund for booking # d98fg6

Cancelled cruise on April 10th, 2020 and charged a penalty. Told that I would recieve the refund within 14 business days because of COVID. Carnival terms and conditions, states 5-7 days for refund. I was told I would if Carnival cancelled cruise that I would recieve 100% refund. When calling customer service no one has any answers. Poor experience. Will not book with Carnival again.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · May 14, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We truly apologize for any inconvenience during these unprecedented and challenging times.

We have gladly honored your request for a FULL refund to the original forms of payment.

We are committed to issuing refunds as soon as possible.

Please continue to take care of yourself and your loved ones. Your health and safety are important to us whether or not you're on one of our ships.

Carnival Cruise Line

Carnival Cruise LinesRefund of deposit due to pandemic. Carnival cruise booking# 9hms35.

Carnival Cruise Glory booked for April 26 toMay 3, 2020. Cruise cancelled by Carnival due pandemic. However refund of deposit, $250.00, being denied by Carnival. Being told refund not due because additional payments were not received. My response deposit made on cruise that was cancelled by cruise line due to pandemic. Cruise departing from New Orleans, La. Deposit made by Ms. PAMELA CHAUVIN, 51 MARTIN DRIVE, NEW ORLEANS, LA., 70126 by credit card. Booking number 9hms35.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · May 12, 2020

Hello Pamela,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have gladly sent a response under separate cover to your confirmed email address regarding your request.

Carnival Cruise LinesRefund

Booked our cruise almost a year ago which was set to depart from Orlando on May 2nd. Booking number 9sks52. After charging me the remaining balance you cancelled the cruise in the beginning of March. I filled out the form for a refund because who knows when you will start sailing again. I booked and paid plane tickets as well. It's been nearly 2 months and I have yet to get my refund. Funny, but the airlines are going through the same issues as you, were still able to issue my refund in 6 business days. But here I am still waiting for it. I tried calling customer service today to find out when I could expect it... I was hung up on by the person and pushed to and a questionnaire to rate my wonderful experience. Am I getting interest on this loan you are forcing me to give you? Or do I need to consult a lawyer about the money you owe me and will not refund or let me know when I can expect it.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · May 12, 2020

Hello Richard,

We can confirm that refunds are being issued to those guests that requested one. Our customer service team has been approved for overtime and we have trained other management employees to help as well.

Carnival Cruise LinesClosed baltimore port

On May 5th at approximately 4:45pm, I called Carnival Crusie Line to request a full refund of a cruised planned for August 16th 2020 out of the Baltimore Harbor. The Port was closed because of the coronovirsus. This reservation was to be part of a Wedding party (Family and friends honeymoon). Now since everyone else have already cancelled, I do not want to wait to see if the cruise takes place and I shouldnt have to pay for a cancellation fee. Oh, by the way, full payment is due on May 15th, but if I cancell you guys want a $375.00 cancellation fee.

The Port is closed and I would like an immediate refund. I do not want any onboard credit or monies for a any future cruise

I now have been on hold closed to1 hour and 45 mintues with no response from anyone.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · May 06, 2020

To Whom It May Concern:

We urge you to carefully review this information and follow the online process. Like many other companies, our office has closed at the direction of local government. While our customer contact center team is now working from home and taking calls, we are adjusting to this fluid situation and managing through some technology issues. High call volumes and technology limitations due to our work from home programs are limiting our traditional levels of resources and responsiveness. Calling us will not expedite your request at this time. In addition, if you booked through a travel advisor, they are fully equipped to help you with this process and will also be able to rebook another vacation with your future cruise credit.

Please visit us at the provided link below, there is no need to call.

CANCELED CRUISES
                            As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings:

All San Francisco sailings through 2020
                            All Carnival Sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
                            All Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
                            All Carnival Radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
                            All Carnival Spirit Alaska, Hawaii, & Trans-Pacific sailings through and including October 6, 2020
                            Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Elation, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sensation, & Carnival Vista sailings through and including July 31, 2020
                            All Other Ships sailings through and including August 31, 2020

We truly value our guests and appreciate your patience and understanding. To that end, we want to provide flexibility as you think about your future plans. Below are two options for guests whose cruise has been canceled to consider, including a bonus value offer. We look forward to welcoming you on board, when the time is right for you.

Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on these voyages and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020.

If you are booked on one of these sailings, please make your selection here – there is no need to call.

Regardless of the option you select, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

If you purchased your own flights for getting to your cruise, we encourage you to contact your airline or travel agent about your options as the airlines are being flexible with change fees.

*Please refer to the communication you received from Carnival for the complete terms and conditions.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience because we know how much time and effort you put into planning the perfect cruise vacation. We want to get back to cruising just as soon as we can and we’ll be here when times are better and be ready for your return.

May 05, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Carnival canceled cruise in a 05/04/2020 email but charging a penalty

On 05/04/2020, I received an email stating carnival canceled my cruise on 07/11/2020 - 07/182020. They...

May 05, 2020

Carnival Cruise Lines — Refund request

This is not actually a complaint. It is a request for a refund on a cruise I cancelled. Booking #'...