Carnival Cruise Lines

+44 843 374 2272(United Kingdom) 5 2
+64 800 442 095(New Zealand) 2 0

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] booking

I had the payment for my cruise set up to automatically charge my carnival card. When it didn't go through I got some email that got buried in the holiday ads. When I logged on to check my dates to request time off from work my booking had been cancelled. When I called they told me the card did not go through. The representative tells me I can call in with my booking number and still get the cruise, but it was going to be an extra $25/ person. I hang up and contact my wife for the credit card info. When I call back in I'm told that my booking number is incorrect, even though the representative has looked up my account she refused to help without the proper booking number OR pin number. I hang up. After checking my email for the correct booking number (it was missing one number) I call back in and get the same representative as before. I give her the booking at which point she asks for the name of the ship. I had booked back in may and couldn't recall the name. She then tells me that without the ship name OR pin she can't help. Exacerbated that the criteria for simply paying for my cruise had changed I asked for somebody else. She transfers me to a supervisor who proceeds to read from a script about their rules being for me safety. She muttered some nonsense about my bank wouldn't just take money and apply it to any account. (Pretty much the definition of direct deposit) Literally, the only reason I even care at this point is that my family booked on this cruise after I set the whole thing up. I'd rather let them have the deposit and just sail with a company that wants my money as apparently Carnival does not. All they had to do was take my credit card information. Unfortunately the booking was deleted from my online account or I would have simply payed for it that way. Up to this point this criteria was never necessary. It wasn't until they cancelled my booking and decided to keep my deposit that this became a problem. It seems the rules are designed to force me to take a loss.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 30, 2016

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Mr. Hartsough’s complaint. We are sorry for any frustration this may have caused him.

Please understand the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. Due to policies we have in place, we’re unable to discuss any booking information or make any changes to their reservation without them verifying the booking information and security PIN number. I understand his point; however we need to make sure we are protecting the information. I show this has already been resolved and the booking has been reinstated. If they need additional assistance, we invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review their concerns. Our Service Department can be reached at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355.

On again, we are sorry for any frustration this may have caused. We look forward to welcoming them onboard.

Carnival Cruise Line

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] refund or cruise please

To whom this may concern at carnival cruise lines. As a first time cruiser i put my son and i birth c ertificates in bag. By the time i got to the customs and realized bags on ship. We waited for 4 hours no one could find our bag. My ten year old son heart broken as ship left. I am a single mother and saved for a long time for this. 700.00 may not be a lot to some but it was for me. Please allow my son and i a chance to sail carnival. This was on thanksgiving day carnival fantasy booking ## 3jr1p5 we had to leave with nothin after 7hour drive . Please help us..

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 01, 2016

Your request has been forwarded to the appropriate department to review. Guest Admin.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Dec 01, 2016

your concerns have been forwarded to be reviewed. Guest Admin.

[Resolved] gift card

My daughter purchased a Carnival Gift Card at a local grocery Store. Her car was broken into and the card wa...

[Resolved] credit from a canceled excursion to the wrong person

I purchased an excursion for November 15, Land's End Boat, Beach and Shopping that was canceled because of the super moon. The Shore guards of Cabo San Lucas said the waves were too dangerous for us to sail to see the Arch. So our tour guide I think her name was Michelle said we can either cancel our excursion and get the full refund or we can continue on with the tour to shop downtown and have lunch on the beach and get a 25% credit. Myself and my 2 nieces decided to cancel and get our full refund. My sister Debra Darden decided to continue on with the rest of the tour. We looked at our account activity 2 days later and I did not receive my credit back. I looked at my sister's account and she got 2 full credits for the canceled excursion. I went to guest services on the ship and they said I did not pay for my excursion that the refunded the person that paid for it. I paid for my own excursion on my own credit card. I have the bank statements as well as the receipt from Carnival thanking me for my payment. Guest Services said, "Oh well you have to get the money back from your sister." So I said thank you. I went to my sister to ask her for my money back and my sister said no. Then my 2 nieces interjected stating it's their mom's money because she paid for my trip. I have my bank statements and I also have the receipt from Carnival proving I paid. I am so upset that I accidentally deleted half of the photos I took of my 1st trip to Mexico and my 1st cruise trip. This has made me wished I never when on the cruise. I called the customer service line and was told oh well it was a mistake and there is nothing they can do about it. I am sad and sooo mad. I want my money back.

credit from a canceled excursion to the wrong person
credit from a canceled excursion to the wrong person

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 23, 2016

Thank you for sharing Ms. Darden Taylor’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that she experienced problems during her cruise this year. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we’d ever have wanted her to take home with her.

We’ll be contacting her directly, to address the issue she brought to our attention, and we truly hope to have another opportunity to provide her with the fun, memorable cruise vacation we’ve become known for.

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

• Resolution Statement

#sisc-sb-va-[protected] registered ship board complaint

I booked a cruise cabin 8294 booking number 3kp9po. cruise 11/11/16 - 14/11/16 carnival valor out from port canaveral.in addition I purchased a cabin for my daughter and her partner cabin 2294 same cruise booking reference 3kp9w1,
On the first night our sleep was seriously interrupted for most of the early hours 0001- 0415hrs by noise up and down the corridor outside our room. I had to speak to two sets of passengers to remind them of the time and the disruption they were causing.
I put this down reluctantly to first night excitement. although in no way acceptable we always try to be reasobnable and allow some leeway
The second night the noise continued. I was forced in the early hours on three more occasions to speak to people and at that point wondered what security was in place as the confrontations were becoming fraught. I indeed called the emergency ship number seeking support. I have to say the noise continued spasmodically after that 3 am call.
I insisted to speak to the purser the next day and eventually saw the guest service manager socor barreto. he acknowledged my concern, complaint and said he would arrange some extra "looking at corridors" the last night. I pointed out several cabins on my deck had door markings signifying a "hen party" or "bridal shower" of some kind.
My daughter then complained of protracted loud music being consistent in adjacent rooms to her as well as rowdy late night early morning "stag" and "hen" parties roaming the ship. her complaint was also logged at -2.
I have no doubt that carnival cruise lines negated their responsibility and duty of care to maintain a sober, safe and managed ship by allowing many protracted rowdy groups of passengers to disturb customers trying to rest and sleep. my stay was seriously effected by lack of meaningful rest and sleep. I do feel carnival have not acted to protect and ensure a pleasant cruise and the considerable cost of the cruise was wasted due t a lack of basic care.
The added issue that my wife has multiple sclerosis, which although is well managed caused her additional discomfort as her sleep was continually disrupted.
What have carnival to say in respect of the position we faced and how do you intend to compensate us for this poor support and lack of care.
Mark cross

[Resolved] powerade zero in plastic bottles not allowed on board

Dear Sirs:
My husband and I returned recently for a cruise on the Breeze, which left from Galveston, TX. Something occurred on the dock that was very frustrating for me and I would like to have an explanation.
I was not allowed to bring some bottles of Powerade Zero into the terminal building. The reason given by the supervisor there that Carnival was plastic free. He made a point of saying, “It is their rule, not ours, but we have to inforce it.”
When I explained that I dehydrate easily and brought that same on board on our last cruise, I was told that if I had a Dr’s note, it would be allowed. That was quite inconvenient as it was Sunday afternoon and we are from Montana.
Anyway, I had to dump my electrolyte replacement into the trash. Now, imagine my surprise when I was unpacking in the room and found that I had half of a plastic bottle of water in my carryon, which did go through the security check in the terminal. I had forgotten about this water.
Next surprise: At the muster gathering I spoke to a passenger who walked up to me with a plastic bottle of water in her hand. I asked how she got that on board and she told me that she didn’t bring it; it was ordered before boarding and delivered to her room.
Third surprise: A few days into the cruise, our room steward brought in two complimentary 1.5 liter plastic bottles of water.
By now you see my confusion. Obviously, Carnival is not plastic free. If this “rule” really exists, I respectfully request such in writing. If such is the case, I will bring a note from my physician if we take another cruise.
Desiring to go ashore for the stops which were 3 in a row and not get heat exhaustion, I didn’t spend much time on deck at all during the cruise. I also bought Gatorade on shore and had to drink it before re-boarding the ship. I survived the experience, though inconvenienced. Of course, I drink water all the time, but when I get dehydrated in my own state, it stands to reason that maintaining hydration in a hot, humid climate is a challenge which I tried to prepare for.
Thank you for your attention to this issue
Genelle Sears

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 17, 2016

Thank you for your inquiry. We’re sorry to hear that the wires got crossed when it came to our beverage policy this time.

We work hard to make complete, accurate information available to our guests, so there won’t be any unpleasant surprises. Our beverage policy is explained in our Frequently Asked Questions on Carnival.com, which all guests acknowledge reading, as part of their ticket contract. Nonetheless, I apologize that the policy wasn’t clear this time.

The policy reads, in part:

“Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.”

The complete details of the policy are available at: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/kw/beverage

Again, I apologize that this cruise started out on such a sour note, and also that the security officer’s explanation of the policy wasn’t clear. The, rule refers to beverages in bottles passing through security at embarkation, not to the ship as a whole.

Thank you again for making us aware of what happened this time, and again I apologize for the negative effect it had on your cruise vacation.

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

• Wine Is Good Nov 17, 2016

Policy sucks, but it is their job to enforce it. You can't take bottles of powerade of any kind into an airport.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Nov 17, 2016

You will want to contact Carnival Cruise Lines directly. They will most likely not see your review here.

[Resolved] refunds not enough for valued customers

As a VIFP member (#[protected]), I have cruised with Carnival for many years. I had a cruise scheduled for Dec. but was told by Dr. that I could not go due to chemo treatments. When I called, I was given only taxes back not any part of the cruise amount. I did not get the travel insurance but I only cancelled my part of cruise not the other 3 in group. The room is still being used so nothing is lost there. It is within 30-60 days of cruise so I would think there would be at least half of cruise cost refunded or something offered as compensation or credit of future cruise. I am willing to have a letter from my Dr. for verification of the reason for my cancellation. I feel that the seemingly lack of understanding of my situation should be re-thought. Every case is different and I feel that they should be treated as such. I hope my future cruises do include Carnival.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 16, 2016

We are sorry to hear you will be unable to sail on your scheduled cruise due to being scheduled for your treatments. We hope you respond favorably to your treatments and will be able to sail with us in the near future. In order to review your cancellation penalty you must provide medical documentation for review. Guest Administration.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 18, 2016

Barbara, the documentation provided must be from your Doctor showing that you are unable to travel at this time. Due to Hippa Law they don't have to go into specific details but must provide sufficient details for review.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Nov 23, 2016

You will need to send in the documentation along with your letter as soon as possible and it can take 4 to 6 weeks for a response as they are handled in the order they are received. The letter and documentation needs to be sent to [email protected] Have a wonderful day!

• Ba
    Barbara Balogh Nov 17, 2016

What documentation is needed? I can get whatever is needed for review.

• Ba
    Barbara Balogh Nov 21, 2016

Do I mail, fax, or how do I get this information to you for the review?

Horrible service

I recently traveled to Bahamas for the first time ever (especially a cruise) and my experience was horrible!...

[Resolved] gift card refund

Booking # 3FH7X3 - I purchased an e-gift card on the Carnival.com website for my son and his new wife to use on their honeymoon for onboard expenses or an excursion. Due to a misunderstanding between my son and the onboard customer service personnel, customer service thought the $200 I spent on the gift card would be applied to their onboard account, but of course, this was not the case. Instead of using the $200 via the gift card, they ended up using their own money. I have sent several e-mails to customer support asking either for a refund or apply the $200 I paid to Carnival toward their onboard expenses which are being charged to their personal credit card. In each response, the only information provided to me is per the terms and conditions of purchasing gift cards, no refunds are allowed. I can understand if part but not all of the gift card was used, not issuing a refund, but none of the $200 was used and the card never activated. I understand part of the responsibility was on my son's part by not understanding the gift card vs. onboard account piece, but I also feel the customer service folks on the ship should have known enough to problem-solve with first-time cruisers and probe to see if a gift card had been purchased instead of solely looking for a $200 credit on the onboard account. I am not asking for a refund of the cost of the cruise or any of their monies spent on the cruise, but just for the $200 back that I paid for but due to the misunderstanding, was never activiated or used. This is only fair. I was provided the card # for the egift card as [protected]. Thank you!

[protected]@gmail.com

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Oct 24, 2016

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your complaint. We know our success depends on our guests and we treat all reports of guest dissatisfaction very seriously. We are truly sorry to learn that our guests were not able to redeem the gift card on their past cruise. Unfortunately, we're unable to apply the gift card funds on a completed voyage. While we do understand your frustration, we must respectfully advise that gift cards purchased are non-refundable as stated under the terms and condition. Additionally, since gift cards do not expire; the amount purchased can be used towards a future cruise.

Gift Card Research

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Oct 25, 2016

We are truly sorry to disappoint you by not being able to accommodate your request as the gift cards terms and conditions are available at the time of purchase. Though we realize your disappointment, we trust you will understand that once a gift card is redeemed, we’re unable to issue a refund as it is non-refundable. If you require additional assistance, we strongly recommend that you contact your credit card company that was used to purchase the gift card.

Gift Card Research

• Ka
    Karen Ethredge Oct 24, 2016

This is virtually the same 'canned response' I have received previously. I am not satisfied nor will I stop pursuing this issue. I'm only asking for what is fair, and rules can be bent. They obviously are for some people based on experiences I've heard of which makes me wonder if there is some discrimination going on.

• Ka
    Karen Ethredge Oct 25, 2016

I am extremely disappointed at the continued response I've received from Carnival and will not be going on a future cruise through Carnival in the future!

• Sc
    scottkat14 Sep 12, 2018

Hi, I have been trying to submit some documentation to Carnival at the site I was given and have had no response. It is an appeal on a gift card issue of substantial size. I have been submitting too is [email protected] I was given that email address by customer service. Could you please have someone contact me or give me the correct site to submit my documentation too. Thank you, Katherine

Anna64 Apr 26, 2019

Carnival also gives refunds through gift cards instead of crediting back directly to the customer for overpayment (not the fault of the customer). These gift cards can only be used on Future Carnival cruises which seems like a shell game to up their census on their cruises.

[Resolved] cruise

Regarding reservation number 2CJ3P8. As a VIFP member and cruiser of Carnival since 2005 this past sailing 10/8 on Carnival Magic turned out to be the most stressful vacation we've ever had. My husband is a disabled veteran who has PTSD from both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm 4 time Combat, poor thing suffered several panic attacks due to the stress. As your all aware of Carnival Magic passengers were kept in limbo until the day/afternoon of the cruise date 10/8. We weren't given an option for a refund otherwise we would've chose that route as we had to fly in from Maryland two days before the cruise because our original flight was cancelled. We endured an additional 900.00 in expenses to do this, took extra time off from work, flew into Jacksonville instead of Orlando, had to rent a car one way, got evacuated, had to find a safe area to go to and find another hotel (hard to do, all were booked), had to return the one way rental the day of the cruise but we didn't know if we were going to go until 10/8 in the afternoon and only found out by driving to the port and asking what was going on. The boat returned to the port after 2pm, we boarded priority/suite at 6pm, we weren't told until after we boarded that one of our destinations on the itinerary was cancelled, which was why we booked this cruise to begin with and we left port at midnight. We found out from other passengers the Carnival Ship that was at port canaveral with Magic got 50.00pp on board credit and 25% off future cruise because they "missed a port too" we were offered no kind of compensation. When I went to customer service desk on the ship they were rude and said"nope your not getting compensated anything" and "its a corporate decision". The senior officers/leadership was seen very little and as a result the staff didn't really interact with the passengers. I was told by a server in the Buffet and various sitting areas and the pool area to go buy my own soda at the closest bar. I was NOT waited on one time other than in the main dining room. There were a lot of people complaining and a lot of missed opportunities for drinks to be sold to people. Our sheets weren't changed as they had curly black hairs on them, I have blonde hair, when I asked about changing them, it was an argument "yes we did change them". Truly, we didn't feel as though we were on a cruise vacation but rather in a hotel and this is not the expectation we were hoping for after waiting this long to take a vacation Previous cruises with Carnival have been pleasant and memorable. This was not the case on this particular cruise 10/8. I called the customer service department post cruise to complain and see if I could get some kind of compensation/or future cruise certificate and was only told "sorry for the inconvenience" and "I cannot offer you anything, it is a management decision not mine, they say no" why did I even waste my breath. I have two future cruises booked with Carnival and this disparate treatment is making me reconsider my loyalty.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Oct 24, 2016

Thank you for sharing this guest’s comments with us.

We value her continued business, and we’re truly sorry that she experienced problems during her cruise this year. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we’d ever have wanted her to take home with her.

We’ll be contacting her directly, to address the issues she brought to our attention, and we truly hope to have another opportunity to provide her with the fun, memorable cruise vacation we’ve become known for.

Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

• Wine Is Good Oct 23, 2016

Simply put, the cruise line can not control hurricanes. Your complaint is stupid.

email notes

On are trip to Carnival Cruise #3QL9V1 was really disappointed the booking person told us that we will leave on Monday and come back on Friday morning my wife ask her three times about that and she said yes and also conversation was recorder so we book hotel in Miami for Friday and Sunday and also car rental for those two days, Well I call customer serves and the lady that took the call was really rude and not professional at all I spend a lot of money on the ship and also they broke my two bottles of Rum that they don't sales this brand in the US is call Appleton Rum. Well the customer service lady told me that sorry for the mist understanding but nothing that they can due for me well sorry don't pay for the Hotel and car rental for they mistake so I will never go on any Carnival Cruise again until they call me and take care of my lost and my friend and family that was with me said the same also service was horrible and they probable they don't call me or Email me because the had my money . Well word off mouth is the best advertisement in the WORLD also we are from New Orleans and we took the plain to Miami for this trip

carnival/glory in the wake of hurricane matthew

In regards to booking #1KV9N9, our flight to Miami from Denver was cancelled by American Airlines on...

Carnival Cruise Lines

[Resolved] refund for cancelled cruise

I booked a cruise (5Q6DM4) feb. 2015 for Oct. 9 2016. I have been really looking forward to this trip with my children. That's what they have been talking about for a year and half. Now 2 days before the cruise I get an email saying that my cruise is cancelled because of the hurricane, which I understand. The email says that I can go to Canada or get a refund. I called for the refund, because the cruise to Canada is not a tropical paradise and it doesn't look like a lot of things for a 15, 6, 3 yr old to do, more like an adult cruise. I was told that I could get a refund for all but the insurance I paid. I do not understand why I cannot get my almost $300. I am a single mother and this is a lot of money to be out when I didn't cancel the cruise to the Bahama's, the Cruise line did. If the email had said that you would be refunded all but this money It would be more understandable, but it doesn't. It says to call for a refund, not a partial refund. The guest relations people say that they wish they could help but they can't.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Oct 10, 2016

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review your concerns.

We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the refund issued due to the cancelling of your sailing aboard the Carnival Pride due to Hurricane Matthew. I show that your reservation BK #5Q6DM4 has been fully refunded. Should you still have any questions please feel free to contact Carnival Service.

Guest Administration

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] shore excursion "best price guarantee"

My booking number is 8d4xg8. My name & email are on file so if you'd like more personal information, which I will not provide on a forum, you may email me & I will be happy to provide that to you. I found a shore excursion that matched exactly with the one that carnival is offering on the upcoming hawaii cruise leaving from long beach. The issue is that the time didn't match so my claim was denied. I understand that rule; however, all of the places that offer the identical excursion leave at either 9:00 or 9:15. The boat doesn't arrive until 9:00 so carnival has carved out a specific time at 10:30 for cruise passengers only. None of the companies are making this time available to the general public. How am I supposed to match the time when carnival has monopolized this specific time? It's impossible to match the time. Why does the guest get punished for the ship arriving later than all of the other cruise lines? Why wouldn't you make an exception in this case & make the customer's satisfaction your number 1 priority as you claim it is? I think it's a disservice to your guests to dangle the offer out there & make it sound great but then make it nearly impossible to obtain the guarantee. I have called several phone numbers trying to get a hold of the corporate office but they all lead back to the same place. The reps who answer say that no one from corporate will talk to me nor is there a direct line to the shore excursion dept that happens to be a 3rd party. Really?! I think this policy is shady & it's set up a certain way on purpose to avoid having to actually provide this courtesy to your guests. I'm highly disappointed in not only the policy itself but the lack of customer service that i've received; if you want to even call it that. I look forward to a favorable response in regards to my complaint.

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Oct 10, 2016

Good morning,

We invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review their concerns. Our Service Department can be reached at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355.

Special Services

• Go
    Golden Lover Oct 10, 2016

Every single time I contact them, I get the run around. I've already been through this song & dance on multiple occasions. I've called the same number, the same extension along with a few others & get no assistance. Supervisor's refuse to get on the phone & I have yet to actually speak to someone that is willing to go the extra mile to provide any form of customer service. There's nothing that anyone is willing to do nor is there any supervisor available. Their "guarantee" is nearly impossible to obtain especially when they carve out a specific time with a company that NO ONE can "match" as it's not advertised to the general public which is very dishonest & very unscrupulous.

[Resolved] carnival pride ship

To Whom It May Concern:
We would like a full refund for the Carnival Pride that set sail on Aug. 28 from Baltimore. The entire experience is regrettable. We decided to take another cruise with Carnival after our last pleasant experience. This cruise was the complete opposite of our prior experience. We paid for many things that we did not get to enjoy as well as being subjected to a traumatizing situation due to the negligence and staff of the crew. Firstly, we were told that in accordance with Maritime Law, we would be kept informed about important weather conditions. This compliance was not met. We had a change of itinerary due to "tropical storm Hermine" and skipped Freeport to head directly back to Baltimore. This storm was no where near where we were scheduled to be. Instead, we went directly into the storm. The entire ship tilted at the very least an angle of 70 degrees for minutes at a time and at no time did any staff, crew, or captain make contact with the passengers. Passengers put on their life vests and waited on the top deck, which was flooded as well, because the drainage system was not working. The ship shut down all services and entertainment for two days! The tv's did not work so we basically paid to be confined to our rooms which now had our belongings all over from the ship tilting. The 'at sea' days are intended to be enjoyable. We paid to be able to participate and watch the many things to do on the ship which were closed. Skipping a port was already unnecessary, but we trusted you. We shouldn't have and never intend to again. The lack of communication, especially in an emergency situation such as the one we were unjustly put in, is inexcusable. It was bad enough that we boarded and left the original port two hours late. Then skipping a port for no reason (I have pics of the projected storm and the sign that were hidden and put up after everyone feared for their lives upon your request). At no time were we kept informed or apologized to, which is the very least that could have been done before, during, and after the storm that we entered into for no reason. Then not being able to enjoy our remaining days at sea as well as returning two to a day early. I cannot believe we paid for an experience such as this. We should be paid for being subjected to this mess and the many other violations that could and may be reported. Such as the loose tiles in the dinning area that were making people fall and trip. Or the smell of feces through the vents instead of air conditioning which is unsanitary and unsafe especially to those already suffer ailments. Or the fact that you do not have 'no smoking' signs posted when the ship is being refueled. I can continue on, but I'd rather not. We requested common stateroom items such as a working refrigerator and bath robes. We paid for room service, who never once got our order correct. We paid to use the pools that were closed. We paid to go to Freeport, Bahamas. We paid to see entertainment which was closed. Clearly, Carnival is only concerned with money and do not care about the safety of their guest or their enjoyment. We are not rich, however, and saved long and hard to be able to sail with you again for our anniversary. This trip was a nightmare from the very beginning. We were comped $11.00. This in and of itself is just irrational. Your customer service is rude and bias compensating whom they see fit and deem worthy. Most importantly, you violated multiple sections of the "passenger bill of rights". We are seeking a full refund as we did not receive what we paid for. We have suffered many other damages that we are not seeking compensation for at this time and believe this is a fair compromise at this time. We look forward to hearing from someone soon.

Mr. and Mrs. Chero
[protected]@gmail.com

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Sep 07, 2016

We’re really sorry Mr. and Mrs. Chero were disappointed with the changes made to the itinerary due to Tropical Storm Hermine this time. We were disappointed, as well. Naturally, our captains won’t disrupt a cruise if they can avoid it, but they rely on years of experience in judging how best to keep everyone safe and comfortable. We try our best to find alternate ports of call and provide advance notice when this happens, but that’s not always possible.

We’re also sorry for the anxiety and discomfort they experienced due to the rough seas.
    I can assure you however, the safety of our guests and crew is always our top priority. The ship’s command has constant access to real-time information on weather and sea conditions. It’s always our goal to keep our guests up-to-date with information about the weather conditions, and I apologize if Mr. and Mrs. Chero were disappointed with that aspect of their cruise. The captain safely and thoughtfully determined the ship’s course back to Baltimore based on the information that was available to him. Unfortunately, with ocean-going travel, the weather can sometimes cause uncomfortable conditions and we sincerely apologize for any discomfort our guests may have experienced.

Obviously, this isn’t the cruise we would have wished for this time, but Mother Nature threw us a curve ball. Once again, we’re so sorry the Cheros didn’t get to fully enjoy their cruise vacation, but because weather situations are outside of our control, it’s not something for which we offer compensation.

We truly regret that Mr. and Mrs. Chero received such a poor impression, but changes in itinerary are the exception, rather than the norm, and we hope they’ll sail with us again soon and allow us the chance to earn back their confidence.

Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

• Resolution Statement

unethical and dangerous lack of repair/maintenance

Last week of July on the "Dream" more appropriately "Nightmare",

A list of at least 15 items, many of them dangerous, including an out of control, floating ship within 20 yards of crashing into another ship!! I will not bother to itemize as it is obvious that Carnival has no intention of receiving any complaints or satisfying customers just by trying to contact them via they website/email etc. On-board service was ignored. We were a party of 30 for the second time all so-called VIPF plus many other Carnival cruises. We will never use Carnival again. The "Dream" needs to be taken out of service and totally refurbished including every room.

[Resolved] customer service

Denied passage on ship due to husband forgetting his birth certificate. This was supposed to be our...

service on carnival victory

My last cruise with carnival cruise line was totally unacceptable and very uncharacteristic of the cruise...

[Resolved] ruined our vacation!

This was our first experience with Carnival Cruise Lines and we will never use them again! They ruined our...

[Resolved] deposit and booking

I am a multiple cruise customer of Carnival. My wife and I booked a May 2018 Alaska Cruise and paid the promotional Deposit rate (about half of the normal deposit). Today I was notified that our cruise was cancelled because the ship would be dry docked in that period. No problem I thought. I will just re book for a later cruise. Carnival was glad to do that, AS LONG AS WE PAID AN ADDITIONAL $500 deposit!!! As they should have never booked that cruise in the first place AND it was in no way a fault of ours the cruise was cancelled they should honor the promotional deposit we already paid on a re booked cruise (just two weeks later!). They refused to do so and demanded the additional deposit to book the two week later cruise. I was a loyal customer of Carnival but no longer!!! They don't care about there customers at all!!

• Carnival Cruise Lines's response · Aug 09, 2016

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Mr. Weber’s complaint.

Designing memorable trips is at the heart of our business, and we’re keenly aware that people choose one cruise over another because of the varied itineraries. We know a cruise is something planned carefully and look forward to with much anticipation. So, we are very sorry for any disappointment the cancellation has caused due to the ship going into dry-dock. Obviously, canceling a sailing is something we never do lightly.

Please be advised we are not protection rates or promotions previously booked. We are offering a full refund for the money paid and guests have the option to book another future cruise with us. Our team is standing by to assist with re-booking a new vacation. We invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to assist them further. Our Service Department can be reached at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355.

Once again, we apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Tammie