Carnival Cruise Linescompany logo

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Cruise Lines

Learn how the rating is calculated

4 844 complaints
613 resolved 231 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Carnival Cruise Lines customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Carnival Cruise Lines Go to website

Carnival Cruise Lines reviews & complaints 1121 - 844

Carnival Cruise Lines representative

Carnival Cruise Lines complaints 844

Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival magic change in itinerary and cabin lights

My family and I went on a 5 day Caribbean cruise on the magic last November departing from Port Canaveral, Florida. My sister and I each booked a balcony room each holding four guests per room. Our rooms were side by side. The lighting in my cabin messed up throughout the entire cruise. The lights would randomly go out for no reason. It was very frustrating. When I reported this to staff they said they would check into it, but never did. During our cruise we experienced very high winds so unfortunately we were not able to port at one of our destinations, Grand Turk. I understand that safety is the most important factor, but what was really aggravating was that the boat instead stopped in Nassau. What made this so aggravating was that we had a very bad experience in Nassau several years ago and had very consciously avoided cruises that stopped there. We actually paid $200 extra per person to book a cruise that did not stop at this port. We also had to pay out more money to book an excursion there because we had planned on swimming at the pier at Grand Turk at no cost. I called Carnival when we returned home to complain, but I felt like the staff was really rude. I was told that I should have complained while on the ship. We are very loyal cruisers with Carnival and this is not the type of service we are used to. We are very hesitant about Booking another cruise with Carnival. We are considering cruising with a different cruise line in the future.

Thank you for sharing Melanie’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that she experienced problems during her cruise. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we’d ever have wanted her to take home with her.

I’m not able to address her issues specifically without more information, like her surname or booking number, but in general I can say that anytime there’s a maintenance issue in a guest’s cabin, our Guest Services staff is available 24 hours a day to assist in any way they can. I’m sorry they didn’t have an opportunity to rectify the electrical issue, so our guests could relax and enjoy their vacation.

With regard to the itinerary change that was necessary during this sailing, that’s something we never do lightly. We know our guests climb aboard looking forward to the ports of call that are scheduled, but we must always put the safety and well-being of our guests first, so there are times when it’s necessary to alter our plans. When we have to make changes, we work hard to offer an alternative port for our guests. In this case, we were able to substitute a visit to Nassau. I’m so sorry that Melanie and her family found that port unacceptable, but it was the best option we had.

Finally, I’m sorry she was disappointed with the response she received when she contacted us directly. We know our success depends on having happy guests, and we do our best to be responsive whenever a guest reaches out to us. If she has additional information she’d like to bring to our attention, she can reach us at [protected], or via email at [email protected]

Thank you again for sharing Melanie’s feedback with us. The issues she describes aren’t at all typical of what a Carnival cruise has to offer, and we hope that she’ll see her way clear to sailing with us again, so we can have the chance to earn back her confidence.

Carnival Cruise Lines - gratuities for recent cruise

Hello

I looked everywhere for an email address for Carnival Liberty but I couldn't find one. I could only find a phone number but I'm back home in Australia now so I don't want to pay the international long distance phone rates.

On our cruise with Carnival Liberty we had to pay gratuities for each person (we have 2 small kids as well). I wasn't happy paying this as I gave the cleaner of our room a tip. I just found out from my father-in-law that it was not compulsory which I'm really annoyed about. If it had of said on the bill it was optional then I would have lined up at Guest Services to get it taken off.

How do I go about getting it refunded?

Thanks
Stephen

Thank you for sharing Mr. Bathgate’s comments with us.

I hope he and his family enjoyed visiting the Bahamas with us this summer, but I’m sorry for any miscommunication about the gratuities for the staff members who took care of them.

We work hard to make complete, accurate information available to our guests, so there won’t be any unpleasant surprises when they climb aboard. To that end, the information about our tipping policy is included in our Frequently Asked Questions, which all guests acknowledge reading as part of their ticket contract. Nonetheless, I’m sorry that Mr. Bathgate wasn’t aware of the policy.

As he mentions, tipping is always at the guests’ discretion. We apply the gratuities to each guest’s Sail & Sign account as a convenience, but everyone does have the option of declining the automatic gratuities or adjusting them – up or down -- anytime during the cruise simply by visiting the Guest Services desk. Gratuities are deemed undisputed unless a request to modify is received prior to disembarking the ship, however. Once the sailing is over and the gratuities distributed to the staff members, I’m afraid we’re not able to refund the gratuity amounts.

I apologize once more that the wires got crossed this time. We truly hope that Mr. Bathgate won't let this glitch tarnish his opinion of us. It's not typical of the kind of cruise we work hard to provide for our guests. We'd like nothing more than to have the chance to earn back his confidence.

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - my dad was not refunded for his ticket.

Booking number 6SQ3N7. Carnival inspirations. Me my dad and sister were booked to go on the cruise. My dad lost his birth certificate the day we were to board the ship. He was born in LA so we went there to get a copy of his birth certificate they said because of his age they could not give him a copy they would have to mail it...You have to be born 1964 and up...They gave us a receipt. My dad had a stroke a few months ago. We already booked this trip..He really wanted to go..Life is short...They would not let him on they said he would be reimbursed for his ticket but me and my sister would not...We all checked our luggage in before we checked in...They put us in a room and said they would get my dads luggage and bring it back...we waited 2 hours and still no luggage since I was checked in I said could I go on the boat and look for his luggage ..They let me go I found his luggage underneath a pile of other luggage. They were not looking for it...I had to bring it off my self...My dad was not reimbursed yet for his ticket like they told us he would...It was a terrible experience...I have went on several cruises with you...My dad needs to be reimbursed.

We are sorry to hear that Mr. Gillogly did not have the proper travel documents and was denied boarding.

We are glad to hear that you were able to locate his luggage prior to the ships departure. Rest assured that the onboard personnel were diligently searching for your fathers luggage but just imagine the difficulty locating a piece of luggage when we have over 3000 pieces on each sailing. Please understand that no refund will be issued for his cancellation as it is the sole responsibility of the guest to have the required travel documents during the cruise. Carnival must abide by and enforce the travel document compliance with the U.S. Government’s mandate. The cancellation of your father Mr. Gillogly incurred a penalty of $209 which is non-refundable, however a refund for the taxes in the amount of $81.50 was issued back to the form of payment used on the reservation. In the future you might want to purchase the Vacation Protection plan as a safeguard to protect you against potential losses or for possible reimbursement, please note that all claims are not refundable. In conjunction with the Vacation Protection Plan, if the claim is denied for any reason Carnival offers the credit card holder 75% of the penalty as a future cruise credit.

Carnival Cruise Lines - fun shop messed up order

Was on a cruise for my 20th anniversary on the Carnival Victory on the week of July 10th. I originally had scheduled for our room to be decorated and a cake to be delivered to our state room on the first day. Since our anniversary wasn't till the 3rd I changed the cake to be delivered to our dining table on then. Well the room didn't get decorated till day 3 of a 5 day cruise and the cake was delivered then to. when I asked the fun shop why my room wasn't decorated on the first day they said its because it was a packaged deal. when I scheduled on the computer it clearly had both days. When I told the customer service people on board to cancel the package, since the decorations would only be up for a day, they told me tough luck. We have always sailed Carnival but must say I was very disappointed. We just scheduled a fall cruise with a rival this week. VERY VERY SAD.

Thank you for sharing this guest’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that they experienced problems with their Fun Shop order. It means the world to us when our guests choose to celebrate their special occasions with us, and I apologize that things went awry this time.

In order to address these issues specifically, we do need a bit more information. We ask that the guest contact us directly at [email protected], or by phone at [protected], and share their booking number, if they have it available, or their full name as it appeared on the booking, the name of the ship, and the date on which they sailed. Once we have that information, we’ll be able to properly record their comments and ensure that our management team is made aware of what happened this time and of the impact it had on the guests’ cruise vacation.

This situation isn’t typical of what a Carnival cruise has to offer, and we look forward to hearing from the guests, so we can address those issues.

Carnival Cruise Lines - family emergency cancellation

I was supposed to leave in 5 days for my cruise. I bought this for my mother an I. An emergency has came up to where she can no longer go. Due to last minute, fostering my niece, and keeping her away...

Carnival Cruise Lines - lost all my money on a cruise that I had to cancel because of scheduling issue

My husband and I have sailed on Carnival several times and always had a good experience, That is why when my co-workers and I decided to book a cruise that is the first place we went. We booked in March for a 7 day cruise on December 16, 2017. I put 500.00 dollars down on my cruise, and i bought the cruise insurance to be on the safe side since the cruise was so far away. My place of business always closed the week before Christmas so that is why we booked the Dec 16th sailing.One week after I booked and put down my down payment we found that the Christmas break was changing this year and we wouldn't get off until Dec 24th. The idea was for all of the girls in our dept to go together and we couldn't find another time to make this happen so, I canceled my booking. I got 53.40 back which was what I had put extra on the cruise and I lost all of the rest of my money. Aon Infinity Insurance would not help me because they said I would only get money back if it was a medical reason. I had only had the reservation for about 2 weeks when I had to cancel it. Here are the details of the reservation. 7 day cruise on the Carnival Magic. Departing from Miami on Dec 16th. Booking # 6LG3P8, group # 5VL5V3. Shirley and Michael Minogue.

Carnival Cruise Lines - rescheduling our cruise due my father's deadly illness

We called twice to reschedule or cruise to a later date due to the fact my 94 yr old father has bacame deathly Ill and is on his last living days we are not able to leave him at this time.. we're not asking for our money refunded we just want to reschedule our cruise to a later time when things are right with our family.. they told us we can not get a refund nor reschedule they would only refund our taxes and port charge which is $200 something verses $1700. This is not a fair rule family emergencies come up and can not be helped or controlled at the time we booked this everything was fine like I said we are NOT asking for a refund just reschedule trust us we wish we didn't have to be going through this situation either...thank you mrs.Barber

Dear Mrs. Barber,

We are sorry to hear you where unable to sail aboard your scheduled cruise do to your fathers illness. We pray for your family during this difficult time. Please note that it is for reasons such as these that we offer Vacation Protection plan as a safeguard to protect you and your family against potential losses of this nature be it with reimbursement or a future cruise credit to the cardholder in the amount of 75% of the penalty assessed it all depends on the circumstances for cancelling as not all claims are reimbursable. As a courtesy your request can be submitted for review with supporting documentation to our Guest Administration department at [email protected], there is no guarantee that anything will be offered. Please make sure to in provide you booking number / ship and sail date.

Carnival Cruise Lines - cloud 9 spa bathrobe

Hello. I have sailed a few times in the last 3 years with Carnival and anxiously awaiting the day to finally purchase my bathrobe on the ship. We finally made the purchase on our last week's sailing...

Carnival Cruise Lines - cruise allowance for 100 carnival shares

Cabin 5056, Queen Elizabeth, 1/7/17

Hi We sent in by post to Carnival uk our copy share certificate and letter confirming cruise details.
Copy attached:
SO15 1ST

5th June 2017

Dear Sirs,

Shareholder Benefits

We are booked on one forthcoming cruise and would like to apply for shareholder benefits. Please find enclosed our proof of ownership by Nettie and also details below of the cruise:

QUEEN ELIZABETH Q723 1st July 2017 Booking Ref  XHWNMM

Please can you kindly apply Nettie’s onboard allowance.

Yours Sincerely

James and Nettie Lumsden

Carnival didn't acknowledge receipt. They never do. Only way to know is when you go onboard.
We saw no allowance on our account and went to clarify with Hayleigh in Cruise sales on board. She took up the case but Carnival denied receipt of letter. Hayleigh sent them our copy letter and share certificate.
They then said that the share certificate need to be reissued. Nothing was said about this to us before. We are on the register with our 100 shares.

We are platinum, about to diamond with Cunard.
What a way to treat loyal customers!

Good day,

Please be advised the guest will need to contact Cunard directly for assistance. We only assist with Carnival Cruise Line reservations. We cannot assist with out Sister Companies reservations.

Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178

Carnival Cruise Lines - flight cancellation

We booked a 5 Day Exotic Eastern Caribbean Cruise – Booking Number 7PNOV9. Our trip Sail Date is today 7/1/17. This morning when we arrived at the airport our flight was cancelled due to crew problems. We were told there were no available flights until the evening. Which means we would have missed the ship's Boarding Time. We received a letter of apology from Spirit Airlines, which is attached. We are requesting a voucher or credit for a future cruise because our cruise was cancelled due to no fault of ours. The airline refunded me with airfare credits.

Good morning Mr. Le,

Thank you for making us aware of your situation. We genuinely regret you experienced air problems prior to commencing your cruise vacation.

In our review of your situation, we see that you have recently been in contact with our Guest Care Department, and your request is being handled by one of our representatives. As you know, the mitigation process for the Jones Act can take upwards of six months. But rest assured; our team is doing everything possible to assist you. Should you need to speak with someone in the meantime, the Guest Care Department can be reached by dialing toll-free: [protected]; and the hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

Thank you again for choosing Carnival.

Guest Care Department
Dear Jessica,

We are sorry to hear that you and Mr. Wright had to cancel your cruise due to your flights being cancelled. Please note that it is for reasons such as these that we offer Vacation Protection plan as a safeguard to protect you against potential losses of this nature be it with reimbursement or a future cruise credit to the cardholder in the amount of 75% of the penalty assessed depending on the circumstances for cancelling as not all claims are reimbursable. Please note that no compensation will be provided.

Guest Administration

We booked a 4 Day Carnival Victory – Booking Number 6SH5R9. Our trip Sail Date is today 7/17/17. This 1am morning when we arrived at the airport our flight was cancelled due to weather problems. We were told there were no available flights until later. Which means we would have missed the ship's Boarding Time.Then we had to flight from Miami to Key West to catch the ship on the next day, so when we got there we were told a government penalty of $300 on each person is imposed when the Jones Act is violated. There is not our fault but we had to paid $1500 of our family. please help us to Mitigation if they can waiver the fine then we happy to come back next time on Carnival Cruise.

Best regard
Chuck Le

Carnival Cruise Lines - website/customer service

I spent of 2 hours trying to book a last minute 4 day cruise. The master card company had no clue how to answer my questions about redeeming points and sent me to call 3 other agencies, neither of which could answer my question. When booking my cruise online, my request could not be processed (twice) and when I called to book, the transaction was declined because my credit card was temporarily authorized yet I never entered my card number. When I called Carnival back after speaking to the card company I asked to speak with a supervisor regarding some compensation. I've been cruising with carnival for 21 years and it should never take 2 hours and over 8 phone calls to find out if I can use my points and to book a cruise. The supervisor was unwilling to help in anyway. Carnival has lost all of my business and I'll be booking in the future with Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Celebrity. What a terrible way to teach an long time customer. They lost my respect and my business.

Good day,

We invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review their concerns. Our Service Department can be reached at [protected] ext. 70355.

Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival liberty/carnival cancelled my reservation without notification

On Mar. 21 2017, I booked a Carnival Liberty 4-nights Bahamas cruise from port Canaveral from Dec. 31 2017 to Jan. 4th 2018 for my daughter and myself through Expedia. The $300 deposit was made on the same day. Originally, I had provided a Visa card, then I switched to MasterCard for the $300 deposit.

One month later, in April, after I received both bank statements, I found out that Carnival charged $300 on both cards. I contacted Expedia and Expedia talked to Carnival, who said that $300 was charged to MasterCard only. Then, I contacted Visa to dispute the $300 charge on my Visa card.

On June 27, I received the letter from my Visa card company. Visa told me that Carnival thought the charge was valid. So, Visa is still going to charge me $300. The letter included a copy of a reservation to validate this charge. However, this evidence that was provided by Carnival is for a different guest, not me.

On June 28, I contacted Expedia again to find out which card was charged $300 by Carnival. Expedia then noticed that this reservation was cancelled by Carnival without notifying Expedia or me. Expedia contacted Carnival to find out why. The Carnival rep told Expedia that Carnival cancelled this reservation when they received the dispute from my Visa company. Now, I am charged with $600 without any reservation. I planned this trip a while ago with my brother's family in the UK, and it is a highly anticipated trip for both our families. Now, my daughter and I cannot go. We want Carnival to fix their mistake to rebook this trip for my daughter and me. We need to be on board with the rest of my family and my brother's family. Please help.

I attached my original reservation with Cruise Line booking # (6MS9G5) for your reference.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Juan’s complaint.

Please be assured, the goodwill of our guests is very important to us and we are responsive to any problem that is brought to our attention.

After careful review, our records show that your cruise was booked directly through EXPEDIA, INC travel agency. Due to policies we have in place, we’re unable to discuss any booking information without the agency's consent. Additionally, once a reservation is secured through the travel agency, all payments applied to the booking are made directly by the agency. At your earliest convenience we ask that you please contact your travel agent so they can better address your question or concerns. We strongly recommend that you request a conference with the agency on the line and one our representatives will be able to go over the exact transactions that occurred on the booking.

Please understand that we appreciate you choosing Carnival Cruise Lines, however, we apologize for not being able to provide assistance with your inquiry at this time.

Vernisha R.

Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival messed up my bookings.

We had confirmed reservation on carnival breeze for three for balcony for 2nd july sailing from Galveston TX. We made a wait list booking with 500 deposit on June 21st to accommodate our booking . We...

Carnival Cruise Lines - liberty

I am writing in regards to my family, friends, and relatives cruise on Carnival’s Liberty out of Port Canaveral, Florida on June 01-04/2017. To celebrate my only daughter’s high school graduation...

Carnival Cruise Lines - service on board was very poor

June [protected] 2TJ6K5 Carnival Splendor, Horrible service, always looking for someone to buy a drink, waiting for up to hours for ice, had early dinner at 6:00 pm didn't get main course til close to 8:00 p.m had to skip dessert because the next dinner guests were arriving and had to leave. Was this crew new or have a staff problems? We alway cruise out of Galveston Texas, and the staff is on top of things, this cruise was horrible. And want to be compensated for my grievances and my husband took a shower and the shower head fell off and broke on his head! Please contact us asap [protected] The Parker Family email [protected]@yahoo.com home is 5227 Terrace Wind San Antonio Texas 78223

Thank you for sharing Mrs. Parker’s comments with us.

We value her continued business, and we’re sorry that she experienced problems during her cruise this year. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we’d ever have wanted her and her family to take home with them.

We’ll be contacting her directly, to address the issues she’s brought to our attention, and we truly hope to have another opportunity to provide her with the fun, memorable cruise vacation we’ve become known for.

Carnival Cruise Lines - charleston port authority

Thank you for your response. I think it would be very appropriate for you to share my comments with Carnival Cruise lines since they are the business operator that has to deal with the Charleston Port Authority as a tenant in their port terminal. You have my permission to share my name and contact information and offer that I would be glad to give them any feedback they would like to have. I can guarantee you that we were not the only cruisers that had very negative reactions to the check in, parking, and facilities. My understanding from some Charleston residents that we talked to during our weekend on land before the cruise was that the city was looking into a new facility that would allow them to increase the ships sailing out of the port and replace the old ferry terminal, but was running into significant opposition that was objecting to growth of the cruise business in their city. Thanks again for receiving my comments. We absolutely had a wonderful cruise once we left port. The Carnival Sunshine is a spectacular ship with a great crew.

Yours truly,

Doug Vandergriff

Booking # 7BQ6L9
Carnival Sunshine Bahamas
May 29 2017 12:00AM

Thank you for sharing Mr. Vandergriff's comments with us.

While the services and facilities in each port of embarkation are administered by the port authority, rather than Carnival, Mr. Vandergriff is absolutely right when he points out the impact our guests’ experiences there can have on their cruise vacation. We’re keenly aware that the embarkation experience can set the tone for the upcoming cruise, so it’s certainly of concern to us that his cruise didn’t get off to the best start.

I’ve shared his comments with our management team, to make them aware of what happened, and to enable them to continue to work with the Charleston Port Authority to improve the level of service our guests are receiving, not just from Carnival, but throughout their vacation.

We appreciate that Mr. Vandergriff has taken the time to let us know about his experiences. We're sorry that his cruise started out on such a sour note, but we hope he'll sail with us again soon, so he can enjoy a more favorable impression of Carnival.

Carnival Cruise Lines - medical department carnival valor

To whom it may concern my name is d'wana tigue booking # 6lj6c2 sail date 6/17-6/22. I'm sitting here at home typing the complaint when i should be on my cruise, i was attempting to get my medication...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - thief. carnival hold and lost my kid's souvenir purchased during port visit and did nothing about it.

During debarkation, I tried to retrieve a hold souvenir my kid purchased during progresso port visit. The guest service staff by the name of aaron so told me that my hold item was lost and nothing he can do about it. That sounded very unusual to me, so I took my camera and asked him again so I could have it on record. He then threatened me by calling security. I am still not sure why since I just needed to have what he said on record because I don't believe that is carnival policy telling their guest that there's nothing carnival can do given my item was lost while on hold by carnival.
Instead of helping me, aaron so tried to intimidate me the over and over again by calling security more than once, and at one point a security personnel asked him why he was needed. Aaron so used rude language and pointing his hand at my face in a threatening manor more than once. I was very frustrating and upsetting because of his unprofessional and ill manor. Fortunately, there was a supervisor walked by and he has helped me to open a case. He also provided me with aaron's last name so I could report this incident by filling a complaint. They never contacted me about my lost souvenir. I will never use carnival again. They are thief.

Thank you for sharing Cantho Divang’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that they experienced problems in reclaiming their souvenir item. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we ever want our guests to take home with them. We work hard to make the information about what items aren’t permitted on board available, so our guests will be able to plan accordingly, and I apologize that the wires got crossed this time.

We’ll be happy to look into this situation, but unfortunately, I’m not able to locate their records based on the information provided. In order to address the issues, we ask that the guest contact us directly at [email protected], and share their booking number, if they have it available, or their full name as it appeared on the booking, the name of the ship, and the date on which they sailed. Once we have that information, we’ll be happy to look into the matter further and get back to them.

The situations described here aren’t typical of what a Carnival cruise has to offer, and we look forward to hearing from the guest and to addressing these issues.

Carnival Cruise Lines - duplications on bills and so much more

It was our first cruise ever and we spent months planning, saving, and prepaying all we wanted to do . Our bill would be the biggest complaint of all . There were at least 4 duplicate charges of totally different categories. From expensive ( couples massage ) to smaller ( internet). In the middle Day of our 5 night cruise my card was declined - problem - carnival put over 1, 000 dollars holds and that was mostly errors . In fact over half . Responsiveness to our concerns about the bill was awful. Once the holds were put on its was a day and a half of our cruise before anyone would do anything about it therefore - we could do nothing. The internet we did order never worked, HUB didn't even work and that's there app. Air wouldn't work in room 2nd night - called the desk and was told 15-20 min. No one ever came so my husband and I fixed it . Phone didn't work in the room for one whole day. To make up for such issues we were told a bottle of wine would be sent to our room. We don't drink wine but just said ok. Guess what?? It never came . Room was not cleaned one day. I had to meet with the head person over guest services about the bill while on board mid week and was handed two $5 arcade cards. Really people??? I'll never ever cruise with them again nor will I stop telling anyone thinking of it our experience. Spend 5 hours off and on, mostly on the phone the Monday after returning with carnival and my bank trying to resolve their mistakes- not mine!!! Asked for upper management to be able to speak to and the lady on the phone with me tried to convince me for the better part of 15 minutes they wouldn't do anything. I'm sure they won't but I just wanted to speak to them. Maybe it could prevent someone else from having these issues . It's now 10:30 pm and my upper management call was going to call me before 5:30. We made good memories with our children and learned a ton- but it wasn't bc of anything about this cruise or carnival period . Like I said - NEVER NEVER AGAIN!

Thank you for sharing this guest’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that they experienced problems during their cruise. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we ever want our guests to take home with them.

I’m also sorry that our staff members, both on board and once the guests returned home, weren’t able to resolve things for them as quickly as we would have liked. Without specific information about this booking, I’m not able to address these individual situations.

In order to address the issues, we do need a bit more information. We ask that the guest contact us directly at [email protected], and share their booking number, if they have it available, or their full name as it appeared on the booking, the name of the ship, and the date on which they sailed. Once we have that information, we’ll be happy to look into the matter further.

The situations described here aren’t typical of what a Carnival cruise has to offer, and we look forward to hearing from addressing these issues.

Carnival Cruise Lines - flight cancelled unable to get to florida

I booked a cruise to the Bahamas with Carnival. This would have been our first cruise and we were very excited. Planned this trip for months even looking forward to having a well deserved and needed vacation. The trip was scheduled for 6/16/2017 reservation #5U2595. On the night before our cruise we got an email from the airline stating our flight was cancelled due to inclement weather. We were told there were no available flights the next morning and to try to get on the standby list. We arrived at the airport 4 in the morning got on the list but were denied multiple flights because the flights were full. I contacted Carnival and was told the only thing they could do was refund taxes and the prepaid gratuities $402. I paid $1, 349. I am a single mom with two kid one in college. I don't have money to waste or lose. I am requesting a voucher or credit for a future cruise because my cruise was cancelled thru no fault of mine. The airline refunded me with airfare credits.

Dear Mrs. Jackson,

We are sorry to hear you where unable to sail aboard your scheduled cruise on the Carnival Victory 6/16/17 due to flight delays. Please note that it is for reasons such as these that we offer Vacation Protection plan as a safeguard to protect you and your family against potential losses of this nature be it with reimbursement or a future cruise credit to the cardholder in the amount of 75% of the penalty assessed depending on the circumstances for cancelling as not all claims are reimbursable. As a courtesy your request has been forwarded to our Guest Administration department at [email protected], there is no guarantee that anything will be offered.

1  ...  28 29 30  ...  43