Menu

complaints

MSC Cruises Complaints Summary

8 Resolved
28 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from MSC Cruises with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for MSC Cruises has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MSC Cruises. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

MSC Cruises complaints 36

Sort by:

Newest MSC Cruises complaints

8:05 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Date of cruise MSC Seashore: Dec 22 to Dec 29, 2023. There were three incidents, during our duration on the MSC Seashore cruise line. The first time was on deck 16 at the Jungle Pool Bar, My son is 37 years old and works for a fine hotel in customer service so he knows how to be patient for bartenders. He waited 30 minutes to be waited on before saying...

I
1:51 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is a general complaint. I will start with the complete chaos on this ship. Let’s start with running out of food constantly. We cruise all the time and this is our third day on the ship and we’re ready to get off. This cruise is totally overpriced and a lack of real service. The cruise started with your computer system went down and it took 3.5 hours to...

8:08 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am contacting your company to address some of my concerns that I’ve had on the screws. This cruise was to celebrate my 50th birthday after so many health issues and I feel that I did not get the experience that I was advised I would get. The food was horrible. I was never able to eat anything of substance on the cruise The room service was three hour...

Is MSC Cruises legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals MSC Cruises as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 22% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, MSC Cruises stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering MSC Cruises should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

MSC Cruises earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: MSC Cruises achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for MSC Cruises. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of MSC Cruises's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Msccruises.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows MSC Cruises website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Msccruises.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

According to our analysis, MSC Cruises appears to be offering travel services on their website. While many travel companies are legitimate, it's important to be cautious and do your research before booking a trip to ensure that you are getting a good deal and not falling victim to a scam.

We looked up MSC Cruises and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with MSC Cruises's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 22% of 15 complaints were resolved.
  • MSC Cruises protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to MSC Cruises. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
7:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Subject: Urgent: Dissatisfactory First-Time Experience on MSC Seashore - Request for Compensation Dear MSC Cruise Line Corporate Office, I am reaching out to express my deep disappointment with my inaugural experience aboard the MSC Seashore. As a first-time MSC cruiser, and having convinced my elderly aunt to join us on her first-ever cruise, it sadden...

8:44 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, We started our cruise from Istanbul on 23 Oct.2023 on MSC Splendida. Immediately after we got on the vessel we found out that the Egypt and Jordan ports were cancelled even before we embarked and we were not informed earlier. If we were informed we could have avoided the whole unnecessary nightmare. First of all, we are fruquent travellers and have a...

J
11:56 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Check in experience was horrible with long lines around a warehouse size building with ques going back and forth [1.5 hours]. When we got to the front of line, we were given an itinerary change for completely different cruise [alternate cruise schedule]. We tried to cancel trip at that moment but could not receive confirmation of any kind of refund...

M
2:42 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir / Madam, I am writing to you to raise an issue about: Cruises The issue that I have experienced was: I booked an MSC cruise from Miami on December 18th, for $994. Now the same cruise is, as per attached, $554. I contacted MSC at [protected], and after one hour of waiting, the agent informed me that MSC could upgrade my reservation to match the...

View 0 more photos
8:04 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises Paid for two rooms with two bookings and denied access to one after party was denied boarding

I paid for two bookings, two rooms next to each other. Our other party could not make it on board due to birth certificate issues. I boarded and spoke with the ships customer help desk that first night and they asked if we paid for both bookings in order to access the empty room. We were denied. The next day there were other guests in that room. I have a huge problem with losing out a whole week with my parents, I have an even larger problem with not having access to the room. Cruise insurance won’t cover any reimbursement. I want answers as to why I am out the whole cost of the cruise. Someone else used the room that I booked for my parents.

Desired outcome: Reasonable reimbursement

B
3:20 pm EDT

MSC Cruises Lost luggage

Arrived from cruise Aug.27, 2023 When looking for luggage in Port Canaveral, Florida, could not find. Submitted a report. Was asked to follow-up after 7 days. After two more reports and many phone calls to no avail. They keep on telling me is "pending" and put me on hold to then hang up the call. I will never cruise with this line ever again, and would like to be compensated for all my lost belongings.

Claimed loss: Lost luggage with belongings

Desired outcome: Please refund

10:52 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On my previous msc cruise, I was double charged on my registered credit card. Determined on this trip not to register a card, I have dispite trying at every turn, trying to use my bank card, been refused at every store, and made to use my cruise card, concerned this bill was getting high, I attempted to settle this 2 days before departure. Knowing I have...

5:49 pm EDT

MSC Cruises They giving me job in Canada

I am syed wajid hussain shah

i have a dream to work with msc crouise ship company

and i keep searching for job opportunities in canada 🇨🇦

i found these people ask for registration fee approximately 28000 thousand pkr rupees i am from a pour family

after this i lose my money i decided to stand inront of msc crouise ship company

because i have right submit strong complaint about these scammers because i love msc crouise ship company thats my dream hope you will take serious about my complain

[protected]@gmail.Com

[protected]@gmail.Com

View 0 more photos
8:38 am EDT

MSC Cruises Assigned wrong cabin

Having telephoned msc explaining my disabled son cannot climb a ladder to a Pullman bed, we were told room assigned will be configured to his needs highlighted on the disability medical forms, this is a fabrication to get you to book. Once on board our cabin has a Pullman bed so my disabled son is sleeping on the floor, cruise staff on board don’t care neither do the customer service on land with comments of your ship has departed now speak to guest services

Desired outcome: A full refund for robbing my son of his dignity of having to sleep on the floor instead of a bed like every other fate paying passenger

A
9:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Embarkation was smooth due to me needing a wheelchair as I cant stand for more than 5 mins before I get severe back pain. As soon as they knew my needs, they took me and my party right through the crowds queuing to check in, right up to the buffet on the ship which was a god send! The staff member was very helpful. If I had to queue to embark, the queue...

V
10:14 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MSC Cruises Price of the drinks package per person and not receiving my 40 eur/usd

Good day

I write to complain about the following.

1. I was not informed when booking on board that on the new cruise both my partner and myself would need to pay for a drinks package - on my previous cruise I could purchase a book and we could share the package.

2 I was advised that my partner and myself would receive 40 Euros/40 USD on the ship board credit card - when asking if my cruise was paid up, I was advised by the operator that my partner is the only one who has been credited with the 40 Euros?

3. I will be writing to on Hello Peter to advise all who wish to book again that there are these hidden issues.

A
5:23 am EDT

MSC Cruises MSC cruise

Dear Sirs,

I booked the MSC cruise from Expedia online and the booking No. is [protected]. We refused to get aboard on 8/27. My son and I are the U.S citizens and we took our valid passports. My parents are the Chinese citizens and they took their passports with 10 years U.S Visa. We took the correct passports as the Expedia emailed me when I booked this cruise. But the MSC person refused us get aboard. They also say we are Chinese. And after when I contacted with either MSC or Expedia, they refused to refund the cruise fare.

Please help.

10:28 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Donna Kunkle, resveration number [protected], 4-28-24 on Meraviglia First of all this ship was refurbished a few years ago and no handicap Oceanview cabins were added. I need to have the handicap bathroom because of health issues. I received a email from the casino department stating my cruise certificate is eligible for a balcony so I called your casino...

7:02 am EDT

MSC Cruises Refund not received after 8 months

My wife and I purchased a cruise in January 2023 with a sail date of April 30, 2023. A few days later we purchased the excursions we wanted. After purchasing the excursions we decided the cancel the excursion in Nassau due to 2:00 pm all aboard time.

We requested to cancel via email and received confirmation it was cancelled. We’re still waiting for our refund nearly 8 months later. I’ve been told it won’t be offered until after the sail date. I’ve been told the refund is automatic and a human can’t get into the system and issue the refund. I was told we would receive an onboard credit during our cruise. That didn’t happen either. I’ve been told the refund was issued and my cc company was holding the fund. I’ve been told to wait 2 billing cycles and then call back. Tried that one as well. I was even told by an employee MSC would pay me interest on the money they have been holding. Just do the right thing and issue the refund, I followed your rules.

Desired outcome: Issue the refund that is owed to me.

7:42 pm EDT

MSC Cruises Seaside - unsanitary conditions

My sister and I were passengers on the MSC Seaside cruise (August 3rd-6th, 2023) and would like to bring some serious issues and concerns we had while sailing with your cruise line. This was our first time sailing with MSC Cruises.

We had trouble at most of the bars with very slow service. We feel the bars were very understaffed. We had to ask a server for a drink while sitting at the bar being ignored by the bartenders.

The food quality was extremely poor in quality and they sit you on top of other passengers with just inches between each table.

We received room service one morning. They delivered everything needed for coffee (cups, milk, etc.) except for the coffee. After two calls down they finally brought the coffee.

My sister and I wanted to spend a few days relaxing while reading a book. You can always find quiet areas outside on a ship to do this. We were told that there is an adult only pool at the back of the ship. We were very pleased as we wanted to find a quiet spot. When we arrived we noticed that there were children in the area and the “adult only” rule was not being enforced. Although, when we approached the pool area with our insulated Yeti cups, we were quickly told they had to be placed away from the pool. We completely understand but were left wondering why certain rules were being enforced and others not. We were disappointed that there was very loud club music being played. This made it impossible to read or relax. Also, this area shares the smoking section so if you wanted a drink, you were forced over to the smoke filled area to get it.

We visited the casino but quickly noticed that the AC was not working in that area. It was extremely hot. Also, the AC is not working in the elevators, near the elevator or in some of the hallways. Awful odors throughout the ship.

I can look past most things but what I find to be completely unacceptable is unsanitary conditions. We had learned of the recent failed CDC inspection AFTER we had booked and paid for our trip. We stumbled across this information while searching online for information about MSC cruise lines. Of course we were concerned but we both thought that the ship was being closely watched and would have cleaned up the issues that were found.

Our cabin had a half empty water bottle in it from previous guests. The carpets had not been vacuumed and were stained. The air filter cover was falling off the wall which exposed a disgusting unchanged air filter. The couch was stained and dirty. There was duct tape above our sliding glass door. The balcony floor was black with dirt. The thin and worn towels had brown stains on them. The bathroom tub had black mold and rust on it.

The pool area was filthy. The furniture, floors had dirt and mold. The tables that we are supposed to eat on had mold on them. The carpets inside were disgusting. The elevators were dirty. My sister slipped on the floor mold by the pool. My concern is if this is what your customer are allowed to see, how clean are the kitchens or behind the bars.

I have attached some images that I took this past weekend. I have more photos available as they would not all upload. These are completely unacceptable and I feel this needs to be addressed immediately. This is a health and safety concern. As the pictures speak for themselves, I feel I have covered enough to address these serious concerns.

We were very disappointed in your cruise line and are quite shocked that this ship has not been shut down for some serious deep cleaning.

We did NOT get the cruise we were expecting or is as advertised by MSC.

I look forward to your response.

Desired outcome: Refund

11:33 am EDT

MSC Cruises Allergy options

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just returned from a cruise with seven of my family on the Mediterrain on your newest ship World Europa.

The cruise ship itself was very luxurious and had lots of very beautiful features, but for me having a diagnosis of coeliac disease, the food experience which is a huge part of cruising was a very disappointing experience.

Gluten free food options were very poor in spite of the ship having its own GF kitchen.

I was told ony to eat in the main restaurant which closed at 9.30 every morning and was generally closed for lunch after returning from day trips.

My family or I didnt want to eat in the formal restaurant for breakfast or lunch, wanting to grab a quick breakfast before heading on day trips. Our experience in the main restaurant was that the service was appallingly slow, we even missed our 10.30 shows two nights, so slow was the service. Therefore this was not an option for us for breakfast. It was always closed when we returned from day trips so I was apparantly left with no option to eat anywhere!

None of the food was labelled with allergins in you buffet. This is a very simple thing to do and is available in almost all buffet restaurants across Europe now. If the food had been labelled, I could easily have known what I could eat. It would have been my choice then to decide whether I wanted to eat it or not.

There were no gluten free pizzas or burgers available.

Worst of all there were no desserts available anywhere on the ship!

Even in The main restaurant every night of our 7 night cruise, the only option for dessert on the menu was fruit plate or cheese selection.

When I questioned this I did get a slice of GF cake, but I got exactly the same cake for the 7 nights!

This is not acceptable at all. The ship has a GF kitchen, which could have made several different GF desserts if they were bothered eg roulade, pavola, almond desserts, brownies, pannacotta, creme brulee etc, etc.

Ice cream was available on the ship but only to purchase.

I spoke to three different receptionists on different days about this and they all completely brushed me off, and were actually very rude to me. I suggested tht since there was no dessert availabe to me for any meal ( while my seven guests ate cake, pastries, dessets for breakfast, lunch and dinner, having a huge range available for them) that as a small gesture I should be given one voucher a day for a gelato icecream or whipped ice cream. All they all said it was not possible.

Of coarse it was possible, it was a very simple thing to organise and would have been a gesture on their part which I can only presume will be a problem you overcome in the very near future. They kept saying I could buy as much icecream as I liked!

Why should I have had to buy my dessert? I paid the same price for my cruise as my seven guests. I filled in a special needs medical form prior to cruising, and there were several other coeliacs on board at the time so why was no effort made to offer us anything ?

In the Dolce Vito bar they had GF snacks available directly behind the fabulous array of pastries.

When I asked for a small packet of GF cookies, I was asked to pay for them. This was outrageous. Everyone else could freely eat as many pastries as possible. and I was again being asked to pay for a small packet of GF cookies.

Was this fair?

I have cruised several times before on MSC Cruises and never had this problem.

I look forward to your responce.

You can contact me by reply email or by phone [protected]

Yours Sincerely,

Patricia McKay

Desired outcomes ( they don't fit below)

1.All food in buffet to be labelled for allergins

2.Choice of GF dessert at dinner in main restaurant every night to be listed on menu, the same as on regular menues for everyone else.

3.GF desserts to be made available in buffet restaurant, the same as for everyone else.

4. Gluten Free snacks to be available free of charge in bars or other areas where pastries or goodies are available to everyone else.

5. voucher for one icecream a day to be given to coeliacs if desserts or snacks are not available in buffet restaurant or other bars.

6. Gluten free pizza and burgers to be made available as snacks during the day and evening as is available to oher guests.

Please respond with your forthcoming plans to the suggestions I have put forward.

Desired outcome: see above

R
4:59 pm EDT

MSC Cruises Monetary compensation

Booking ID: [protected]

Stateroom Number: 8238

Ship and Sail Date: MSC Armonia on Jun 03, 2023

I am filling an official complaint in regards to the above mentioned trip, and three staterooms I purchased. We for half way across the world to spend a day and a half in Mykonos, Greece. Upon our arrival the captain Paused out side the island for 30 minutes and left Because of “wind.” Although there were Other cruise ships who were able to safely tender their guests ashore. The destination was not replaced by an alternative port. When inquiring with staff this was the first time a captain had left the port of Mykonos, Greece. We cannot regain this experience! We paid for port charges and destinations which weren’t fulfilled. Additionally the ship is understaffed, the staff is overwhelmed and unfriendly. The servers and bar tenders work against one another. We purchased drink packages, but trying to get a drink was a nightmare! The cabins need to be deep cleaned, vacuumed under the beds, and the port Windows were filled with dead bugs. Everyday I went in search of pool towels as they were not replaced. There were permanent unremovable hands prints on our bath room wall, which the staff could not remove. The food on this ship is terrible! Usually a highlight of a cruise is good dining experience, the staff is overwhelmed and not friendly. I had to constantly ask for more wine. The pasta and risotto were undercooked and flavorless every day. The fish dishes were fishy and not fresh. The head chef needs to address the poor quality food. I have been on over 14 cruises, with 5 different companies.. MSC does not measure up! Typically cruise staff is accommodating and friendly And we give additional and substantial gratuity to compensate. Not this staff! Although I do believe it if not their fault but rather upper management. A server told me they were treated “like crap!” In the salon a worker said this was “The worst ship they have ever worked on!” And confirmed the poor quality of food aboard the ship. I am embarrassed to have take my family, on our 30th Anniversary trip, and apologized everyday for the low quality we endured for 7 days! I expect a full refund if the 3 cabins purchased, so we have the opportunity to redo our plans.

Please respond within five business days. I will be following up with MSC directors in the corporate offices until this matter in resolved appropriately.

Overview of MSC Cruises customer experience

MSC Cruises has been receiving multiple complaints from customers. The check-in process is lengthy, and staff can be impolite. Moreover, internal communication seems to be lacking, causing difficulties for guests. Restaurant service is also subpar, with waiters being unresponsive and unaccommodating. The buffet lines can become incredibly crowded, with reports of food running out. Cabins may not be properly maintained, with many guests reporting issues with their rooms not being cleaned. Additionally, some guests have experienced medical emergencies with little help from the staff. Overall, MSC Cruises may have some significant areas for improvement in customer service and internal communication.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

MSC Cruises contacts