Menu
Carnival Cruise Lines
reviews & complaints

Carnival Cruise Lines
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1007 complaints
736 resolved 271 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Carnival Cruise Lines customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Carnival Cruise Lines. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
9:25 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I were set to sail on April 3, 2022 on ship Magic. Our booking number is T40VB7. We had 2 flights to get there and our second flight got delayed waiting on a flight attendant. After 3 hours of waiting for the flight attendant, the airline state that the flight was going to be cancelled due to weather. We panicked as our cruise was set to...

7:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My booking # is WZ6PH6 and I had to cancel my cruise because my husband lost his vaccination verification. When contacting the Carnival customer service after holding for 1 hours, the customer service repr Destiny keep me on hold for another hour only to transfer me to someone else after I asked her name. She appeared to not know the answers to any of my...

H
3:49 pm EDT

Carnival Cruise Lines - No response,4 requests to guest services

Customer care Rep.

While on board the Legend from 3/20 to 3/27 I had multiple problems with the

Internet package I purchased. The customer care rep on board told me I would Be rebated for the amount of $101.15. I have not seen this credit yet.

Also is it possible for me to get a copy of the charges for account 61251

Booking number V05HH8 cabin 1124.

The one I received was not up to date.

I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Regards,

Enrico Polisano

302 500 0209

Desired outcome: refund of 101,15.

T
10:47 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing regarding several incidents that happened on our three - and four-day back-to-back cruise on the Radiance during the period of March 28, 2022, to April 4, 2022. At approximately 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 3, 2022, I was approached by a man who did not introduce himself and came along with two other employees (a man and a woman) surrounding me...

P
8:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Well to start off we just got off the Freedom yesterday from Miami. It was the eight-day cruise. The cruise director did not have very much or good entertainment at all for us. He had a dance activity the first day out on sail on the deck. Never again. We went to 3 or 4 shows, but we didn't find them very entertaining, so we ended up leaving. There was 4 of...

10:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Greetings of today! Booking #: T35GQ6 T35GM9 We are family of 5. 3 adults and 2 children. One is 10 and another is 7 years old. We are still very upset for your denial of boarding us on March 18, 2022 because of my 2 daughters Covid-19 vaccines even they had got all 2 dosages and had PCR Negative test results. I read your rules of COVID-19 and CDC...

5:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I booked a three night cruise on 3/24. My book number is W12XP4. I paid for the cruise, the internet package, an excursion and insurance. The following night I received an email about it being a vaccinated cruise, which I am not. On Monday, 3/28, I spoke with a customer service person that verified I would not be able to cruise because of my lack of...

2:38 pm EDT
Carnival Cruise Lines has left an official reply on this complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - Trip canceled without notice. Rebooked and did not get promotion applied. Now do not seem to qualify for anything.

My husband and I booked a cruise to Alaska in 2021. The sail date is in 2023. On 3/09/2021 I called to check on promotion I received. Got the promotion, everything was completed, done. On 3/10 I called because of another promotion that was sent and found out that our cruise was canceled the day before! No notice or reason given. The person was able to reschedule cruise with same room etc. BUT, SHE FAILED to apply promotion that would have saved us money. Our friends whom we are sailing with, has the same sailing history called same day about the promotion and received promotion that saved them > $1,000. To get the promotion I would have to cancel and reschedule cruise at the risk of losing excursions and rooms we have.

1. I have emailed resolutions three times and have not heard back as of yet.

2. My trip should not have been canceled without notice or reason.

3. Because of representatives error I missed out o the promotion.

4. The hold times are ridiculous!

Very upset with this cruise line. If I didn’t have other people going, I would cancel the trip.

I will be surprised if anyone contacts me.

Desired outcome: Receive promotion that I believe I should be received. Make sure others are not canceled without notice.

10:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

March 20, 2022 Dear Carnival I am writing to you regarding a cruise that I recently returned. For my husband 55th birthday. My husband, and I along with two of our friends book an 8-day 7-night Southern Caribbean crise from Port Carnival to Aruba, Bonaire, and Grand Turk from February 26- March 6 on the Magic. We all are platinum member and have been on...

10:24 am EDT

Carnival Cruise Lines - Required covid 19 vaccinations

As a Platinum Member I am very frustrated that my wife and I cannot cruise due to the asinine Covid Vaccination rule. We will NEVER get a vaccination that the government is trying to FORCE on individuals. It is a proven fact the the shot does NOT prevent an individual from contracting the virus and it does NOT prevent the spread of the virus. Then why in heck is it still required ? Yesterday the CDC rescinded their Covid 19 risk advisory for cruise ship travel. When is your corporate office going to wake up and stop this insanity. Cruise ship travel has been and always will be a risk for the spread of the flu, colds and other health issues. It is time to get back to a normal life... NOW!

James D Reynolds

100 Abbie Lane

Panama City Beach Fl

Desired outcome: Rescind the required Covid 19 Vaccinations stopping unvaccinated individuals from cruising !!

12:51 pm EDT

Carnival Cruise Lines - Love carnival but disappointed about itinerary

Disappointed that our itinerary changed twice. We was set sail for our anniversary February 13th-19th 2022 to Jamaica. The itinerary changed disappointed but was able to change to the end of the month. At the last minute it changed again. The itinerary was the same places we cruised last year. We’re trying to check places off our list that’s why we wanted to go to Jamaica. Always wanted to go. We were not given an option to cancel, cruise credit, compensation or go on another cruise going to different places. We’re looking to cruise to Jamaica in September-October 2022, but looking at other cruise lines now.

Desired outcome: Some kind of compensation, discounts, response etc…

Y
4:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I booked 2 rooms. One for me and spouse and one for kids. We originally booked on Elation and took our time to get rooms across the hall from one another. Then ship was switched. We had to pay to retake tests because it was not clear if we needed to take it 3 days or two days prior to cruise. Check in time was set on first room at 10 am. Then the 2 nd room...

G
2:31 am EDT

Carnival Cruise Lines - Carnival Cruise Freedom 3/12/2022-3/20/2022

• Day One: 3/12

Information was given out (room# & name)

• Day Two: 3/13

Went to Lido Deck 9 was harassed the entire time at the whirlpool by racists; continued throughout the day

Went to Chic Restaurant where my reservation was and was told that it was elsewhere

Was charged $23 at Your Time Dining (included/free)

Left due to harassment and horrible service; lackluster food

• Day Three: 3/14

Went to Lido Deck 9 and the harassment continued

Housekeeping barged into my room without my permission on two occassions not within the time frame of 1pm that was given; room was already clean

Guest Services charged my account twice; although I did not incur new charges; contacted them and did not get any resolution

Day Four: 3/15/Day Five: 3/16/Day Six: 3/17: Same actions continued from the staff and the guests

W
11:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have sent numerous complaints to ALL the uppers of Carnival and was assigned one Shelly Young. If you read through these complaints on this site you will see that she must be their go to person of useless resolutions. If you have a complaint be ready for ZERO results other than we the customer being more frustrated than the moment we placed the complaint...

E
11:54 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am requesting a refund for the cost of the excursion. I'm also asking Carnival remove this excursion from their itinerary. We were put in a very dangerous situation. There were about 25 people in the group cooking class. We were given shrimp & vegetables to cut up and put in a large bowl along with some seasonings. Everyones concoction was mixed together...

12:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ORIGINAL MESSAGE I SENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE: I am sailing on the Carnival Legend on April 17 with my family (booking: T88LG8), and I am trying to receive some clarification about the services that will be offered on our trip. I have contacted Customer Service three times regarding this issue, however, each time, I receive a different answer. The...

R
12:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was on deck 11 of the Carnival Breeze with my YETI and Airpods connected to the top when it started to rain. I grabbed the towels and walked down to deck 10 before turning around walking back up to grab my YETI and found 3 deck crew and no bottle. They said they saw nothing and walked off very nervous. I immediately went to guest services and they said...

View 0 more photos
M
9:17 pm EDT

Carnival Cruise Lines - Granddaughter refund

My name is Margaret brauer acct.# 5038952940

We just got off the legend on Sunday march 20

It was my 80 birthday my granddaughter arrange it we all live in Buffalo n.y.

She lives in Orlando Fla. her flight was canceled never got to go on the legend

Her name is Staci Holahan her boarding # is t49rj3 and her husband is

Kieran roche. Iam writing on her behalf she try so hard to arrange this cruise for me I hope you can give her some kind of credit so we can use it for future

Cruise it was not her fault it was southwest canceled there flight and couldn’t

Get on another because they were over booked. I feel so sorry for them

Please give them some kind of help my phone #is 716-692-1250 there was 15 of us for my 80 birthday

L
10:53 am EDT

Carnival Cruise Lines - Casino Services and Guest Services

I filed a complaint back in February and nothing has been done to resolve the issue.

They have not contacted me regarding the complaint but willing to put me on a payment plan. Tell me to pay when I am ready but still cancel my cruises so I can't pay on them.

DO NOT BOOK CARNIVAL. CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT GET BACK WITH YOU REGARDING THIRD PARTY ISSUES WHEN THEY KNOW THEIR SLOTS WERE NOT OPERATING CORRECTLY. NOT WILLING TO LOOK INTO IT AND JUST SAY THEY DON'T HANDLE THIRD PARTY ISSUES.

THEN WHY LET THEM ADVERTISE UNDER CARNIVAL?

6:23 pm EDT
Carnival Cruise Lines has left an official reply on this complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - Request refund of $657.64 put towards a Future Cruise Credit

Kimberly Burns

Helen Carbone

Cruise date: 3/17/2022

Booking date: 3/17/2022

Pin# 1216

My mother had the picture ID documents but at the time, didn’t have our Birth Certificates with us, so we were not let on the Cruise ship and had to go back home. It was very upsetting for us, the grandkids and the whole family had to go without us. We had 13 family members going that day on 3/17/2022, Though we are both still very interested in going on a cruise with Carnival. My daughter and the whole family often cruise with Carnival regularly, they all had their correct documents that day, as this would have been my mother and my first time ever. My daughter said that since we were not able to go on this cruise that she and the whole family would definitely be willing to go on another Cruise at a later date with my mother and I.

I’m attaching some of the documents that we have from that day,

Thank You very much for your time on this matter.

Would appreciate a response

Kimberly Burns & Helen Carbone

Desired outcome: Requesting a Full Refund of $657.64 towards a Future Cruise Credit with Carnival Valor or Full Refund put back on the credit card that I used for the payment of the cruise.

View 0 more photos
Update by Kimberly Burns
Mar 20, 2022 7:16 pm EDT

Requesting $657.64 full refund fbeen my mother and my first time ever. My daughter said that since we were not able to go on this cruise that she and the whole family would definitely be willing to go on another Cruise at a later date with my mother and I.or a future cruise credit. My mother and I had the photo ID documents, but at the time, we didn’t have our Birth Certificates with us, so we were not let on the Cruise ship and had to go back home. It was very upsetting for us, the grandkids and the whole family had to go without us. We had 13 family members going that day on 3/17/2022, Though we are both still very interested in going on a cruise with Carnival. My daughter and the whole family often cruise with Carnival regularly, they all had their correct documents that day, as this would have

Carnival Cruise Lines contacts