Menu
Hotels.com Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Hotels.com
reviews and complaints

www.hotels.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.1 4141 Reviews

How responsive is Hotels.com's customer service?

52 Resolved
903 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Hotels.com handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Hotels.com and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Hotels.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Hotels.com reviews and complaints 985

Newest Hotels.com reviews and complaints

A
5:52 pm EDT

Hotels.com Hotels.com Has Certainly Gown Downhill

I booked a property in Lexington, KY and after a nine-hour drive, we arrived to find no electricity at the property, due to a storm. I attempted to have a conversation with a customer service representative, but she was only interested in following her flow chart and simply couldn't secure me a refund and cancellation because she was unable to reach the property via telephone. I suspect the property's PBX phone system is electric and its battery backup power had run out. The CSR had absolutely no time for me when I offered this as a potential reason for her not being able to reach the property. I was told the reservation was cancelled and the funds would be refunded to me, after she could verify the property had no electricity. Condescension is not a characteristic that should be exercised during a CSR's phone interaction.

6:51 am EDT

Hotels.com Hotel stay

Reference - [protected]

Hi

I booked to stay at the transit hotel in Mumbai transit airport - See above reference number.

I messaged the hotel several times informing them of delayed flight times however didn't receive a reply. When i eventually arrived at the hotel and asked if i could have a cheaper price especially as i only had 4 hours before my next flight they refused so I didn't stay there and left , I certainly didn't authorise them to take a payment from my Barclaycard which they did !

I emailed them and they said i needed to contact you for a full refund. I have also spoken to Barclaycard and they said the same thing as id booked the room through you. Please can you arrange a full refund

Regards

Steven Aston

Claimed loss: £144.03

Desired outcome: A full refund please

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Hotels.com representatives only. If you are affiliated with Hotels.com, please claim your business to access these details.

R
12:08 am EDT

Hotels.com Happy Member Since 2014

Ive been using Hotels.com since 2014. Ive just been reading the reviews on this site. I have never had a single problem with Hotels.com. Theyve given me vouchers when a hotel Ive stayed in had their pool out of order, the main reason I chose the hotel. Ive never had any issues with a single reservation. Im going to Europe in 2018. Ive booked 35 hotel room nights through them.

I also like that you get a free night for every 10 nights.

Is Hotels.com legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Hotels.com as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 5% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Hotels.com stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Hotels.com should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Hotels.com earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Hotels.com achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Hotels.com. The company provides a physical address, 37 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Hotels.com has received 10 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Hotels.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Hotels.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Hotels.com, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Hotels.com is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Hotels.com website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Hotels.com has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 5% of 955 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the hotels.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Hotels.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
  1. Pros
    3. Prices not always the lowest vs competitors
    4. Potential for overbooking and reservation issues
12:23 am EDT

Hotels.com Awful Hotels.com experience

One June 8th my son was involved in a terrible bus crash in Atlanta. I made reservations with Hotels.com near the hospital where my son was being cared for. I requested two beds and when we got to the hotel Best Western only had single King rooms. I told them we couldn't stay there since my son was injured and we had three people. We went to find a new room. I tried to get my money back. Here is the excerpt from hotels.com. I will never use them again.

Ruby: Hi, my name is Ruby.
Ruby: Hi, Dawn.
Ruby: How can I help you with your billing concern?
Me: On Thursday the 8th of June my son was involved in a serious bus accident in Atlanta. We had to rush over there and before I went I used hotels.com to reserve a hotel near his hospital. I needed two beds because he was injured. When we finally got to the hotel after midnight I was told the room only had a single king and there no rooms available with two beds. I had to find another room late at night. I am requesting the money I spent on the Best Western hotel room be reimbused to me.
Ruby: I'm sorry to hear about your son. I can see the details you entered. Give me just a moment to pull up your booking.
Me: We never checked in to the hotel
Me: Best Western Hotel
Ruby: Thanks for the details. Please bear with me.
Ruby: I need to call the hotel. Would you mind waiting for 5 minutes? If it takes longer than that, I'll let you know.
Me: OK
Ruby: Thanks.
Ruby: Just to let you know, I'm still speaking with the hotel. Thanks for waiting.
Ruby: Thanks for waiting.
Ruby: I'm sorry. Ive called the hotel to get refund approval, unfortunately they were not able to grant our refund request.
Me: If you cannot grant me a refund I need to speak with your manager. I was not given the room I requested, I did not stay at the hotel and I want a refund.
Ruby: They are claiming that you informed them that you will cancel your booking but you were unable to do so. As much as I want to process your refund request, however, I am unable to do so as the hotel is firm in imposing their policy.
Me: They told me I needed to go through you
Ruby: Let me go ahead and look for another option here.
Ruby: Pleas bear with me.
Me: I called hotels.com right after I got off. My son had just been through a traumatic accident. Hotels.com put me on hold for over 10 minutes. I needed to find another hotel so we could spend the night.
Ruby: I understand how you feel right now and I appreciate your situation. Please stay on the line while I'm looking for another option here.
Me: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-alabama-girl-17-killed-georgia-bus-crash-47935295
Me: Here is the information on the bus crash.
Ruby: I understand and I'm sorry to hear about your son's accident.
Me: I appreciate your understanding but that is not why I am on this chat. I am on this chat to get a refund for a service that was not given.
Ruby: Please bear with me while I'm addressing your concern.
Ruby: Thanks for waiting.
Ruby: I'm sorry. I've exhausted all efforts to process your request. However, please understand that the hotel is imposing their policy. Even though we could not get refund approval, I would like to offer you a coupon 80 USD for a future booking with us.
Me: I want to speak to your manager
Ruby: I understand that you would like to speak with someone else, however, they will have the same tools and same information as I have regarding your reservation. Any person assisting you would only be able to do the same things that I am doing for you.
Me: Send me an email stating that fact. I will working through my credit card company. I will not be paying this bill, I will make sure and let others that are thinking about using hotels.com know what kind of service you offer, and I will never use hotels.com again.
Ruby: I'm sorry. I do not have the capability to email you with your request. As much as I want to process your request, however, I am unable to do so. Please be advised that your booking was already non-refundable and it was agreed upon booking. If one of our customers has an unsatisfactory experience during their trip, we want to take the appropriate action. We encourage our customers to contact us from the hotel if the accommodations are not satisfactory upon arrival. This enables us to attempt to find a resolution at that time.
Ruby: I understand your frustration and I apologize that I'm not able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.
Ruby: I'm sorry I couldn't help you. Thanks for getting in touch.

L
11:21 pm EDT

Hotels.com Terrible customer service

Never use this site to book a hotel. Use any other site except this one.

I booked a hotel using their app for 5 days in Tennessee. Before the check in time we received a call from my ex wife stating that our son, that I had just been around had tested positive for Covid-19. We immediately called hotels.com and informed them that in order to avoid exposing other people, we were being instructed to test ourselves and quarantine until we received our results. Hotels.com put us on hold to inform the hotel of the situation and to see if they would waive the fee and give us the full refund. Timbers lodge approved the full refund. They took us off of hold and let us know that we would receive a refund within 24 hours to our original form of payment. We let them know that we used Affirm to book a hotel and it was a one time use card that could not accept refunds. At that time we asked for the money to be issued on a hotels.com gift card that we could use at a later date. The employee said that was fine and that it would take 24 hours.

12 hours later we called again to check the status of our received a refund, they kept hanging up on us and telling us they could not give us a refund. I then spoke to a gentleman for 58 minutes at midnight and he said his manager would be calling me back in 30 minutes. I waited until 2:53 AM to call back because a manager had not returned my phone call. I was on the phone for 42 minutes and got hung up on. I called back at 3:37AM spoke with a gentleman for 25 minutes, he reassured me that his manager would call me in the next hour. I stayed awake all night long and never received a phone call until 11:49 AM by a manger named Mitzi G. She reassured in her voicemail that she would contact me back within 1 hour. I never received a phone call. I called back at 3:02 PM and was hung up on again. I called again at 3:04 PM spoke with a gentleman for 42 minutes, he put me on a three-way call with a manager that did not provide his name or ID number. He argued with me, I once again explained our situation, he reassured me that within 72 hours a refund he would issued to use directly through hotels.com.

We called the next 2 days just to follow up to ensure that we would get our money back within 72 hours through hotels.com and the employees both confirmed.

After 79 hours we called because we had yet to receive our refund. After being on the phone for 2 hours, speaking to multiple managers, and providing them the exact date and times of phone calls they are said it would take 1 to 3 business days to investigate the situation because they do not issue refunds on a gift card. We finally got in contact with James ID#: [protected] who argued with my fianc?e and did not want to help us until we had to mention my fianc?e's health condition. Once my fianc?e got on the phone and told him that he had a brain tumor, that everyday could be a last day, what he had been through already with hotels.com and they were causing him anxiety and stress is when James finally decided to try to resolve the issue. He guaranteed we would receive a coupon with the full amount within 24 hours and that he would personally be calling us back once it was issued. We had to call once again and the first man we spoke to Yuri who refused to give us his ID number, said that he had no authority and could not transfer us to a manager and shortly after hung up the phone. I called again and didn't even finish telling them the situation when they hung up for a second time. Finally after 6 phone calls, I got in contact with a young lady that was able to transfer me to James. After having to re-explain that they money could not be refunded to the original form of payment he finally issued coupons for $325 when the actual amount was $328.03 but we left it alone after all that we had been through. What took him 5 minutes to resolve in our last conversation took 6 days and 8 and a half hours of being on the phone or on hold with hotels.com.

I do not understand why they had to be so difficult and rude throughout this entire process. Something so simple, that the hotel approved a refund for in a matter of minutes took over 6 days to complete. We are Gold members due to the amount of bookings we have made using this site and this is how we were treated. I can't imagine how regular customers are treated if this is how you treat your gold members.

Save yourself the trouble and book through another hotel site.

My email is ***@gmail.com in case someone from this company wants to double check that all the information I provided is correct.

J
6:12 pm EDT

Hotels.com Breakfast refund

I stayed at your hotel from 10-13 November.

I had breakfast included in my booking.

When we checked in we were told the breakfast ran from 8am.

We knew we had to leave the hotel at 7am every day so asked if we could get a refund.

We were told to speak with Booking. Com.

I have been chasing Booking. Com for the refund and they have said that the hotel is responsible for the refund.

They have offered me a gesture of goodwill, see below, but the breakfasts were £7 each for two people so that's not enough and it's not a refund.

I would like a refund for the breakfasts please.

Claimed loss: £42

Desired outcome: Refund, not a voucher.

C
3:53 pm EDT

Hotels.com Hotel stays not added to rewards program

My email address is [protected]@gmail.com

I was told by phone to Hotels.com from Mark (supervisor) on March 28 he would credit my rewards account for the stays inVictoria hotel itinerary [protected] for 4 nights and the Park Regis Hotel itinerary #[protected] for 3 nights. The correct no. of nights was NOT added to my rewards. He advised that because I was a loyal silver star client he would add these stays but he did not,

Desired outcome: Please add my days in these hotels to my rewards program

E

Hotels.com Mixed Experiences with Hotels.com

As I delved into the reviews of Hotels.com, I encountered a myriad of contrasting experiences. While some customers praised the platform for its ease of use and great deals, others expressed frustration and disappointment. One customer highlighted the misleading information provided by Hotels.com, leading to a booking mishap. On the other hand, a different user commended the platform for facilitating a smooth booking process for their trip to Cape Town. However, issues such as unhelpful customer service, cancellations without refunds, and technical glitches were recurrent themes in the reviews. It seems that Hotels.com's service quality varies greatly, leaving customers with a mixed bag of experiences.

J

Hotels.com Voco Dubai ihg

The room was spacious The bathroom was spacious and comfortable and very clean. All in all the cleanliness was perfect by Ibrahim highly recommended.We spent wonderful vacation, everybody was so nice with us, everything was so clean. We especially want to thank your housekeeping team who did great job and made our vacation more interesting. Especially ibrahim his ready on time to give us excellant service. Excellent hotel with excellent location, extremely clean & comfortable. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the friendly reception staff. The best part of the hotel are lovely, friendly people who care about their guests!

Hotels.com Fantastic customer service from Mr Jonathan Brylle

I needed help with my 3 x hotel reservations in Italy and I used the online portal to chat with a member of staff at Hotels.com The most helpful male called Jonathan Brylle popped up and was so helpful. He was very polite, asked me what my issue was and then proceeded to ring all 3 hotels to talk to them about the issue. He kept me updated throughout and then proceeded to email the hotels who hadn't picked up the phone. I can't fault Jonathan at all. Can honestly say he was the most helpful customer service person Iv come across in a long time. Jonathan, if your reading this, although we didn't get the most helpful outcome, the fact you tried says a lot about you and your strive to help others in life. Thankyou

Hotels.com Excellent

Hotels.com has been a go-to on a few occasions simply because in doing a general search, they happened to offer the lowest rate for where we wanted to stay. This weekend, however, we had made a non-refundable reservation through them and thought we'd lose the full cost of the room, being that I felt under the weather and chose not to travel. Without much hope of receiving our money back, my husband contacted hotels.com and asked if we could move the date of the reservation. The agent not only said she would do so, but offered us the choice of canceling or having the change-fee of $89.00 waived. THIS is how every company should operate, and in doing so, they've earned our business each and every time we travel going forward.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hotels.com ALWAYS a great experience!

I have to say I'm honestly shocked by what others have posted about Hotels.com! I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with them. I've booked several times. I reserved 5 rooms for a weekend trip with my scout troop. I reserved a total of 12 nights in Italy in 5 different hotels. Twice I booked one-night stays. I've had to cancel other rooms too.

The rooms are always what I booked and paid for online. I never have an issue checking in. Cancellations are always refunded within a few days. The policies are all spelled out for those who care to actually read what they're purchasing. They have the best prices. The property reviews are very helpful. It's easy to message the properties thru the website to ask questions or confirm details about reservations.

Now I always use them. I have current bookings for FL, TN, Amsterdam and Basel!

Hotels.com HOTELS.COM IS AMAZING

I was a member of travelocity for over 7 years and never got any discounts like hotels.com does. Iam a big. When it is comes to. Traveling and hotels. I have read some people review about hotels.com. We have to understsnd it is jist not hotels.com simce i was in hotel managment business for 6 years and most of the time it is hotels them self does things which hotels.com and customer get sqeezed in cause after all hotels.com try to do things in better way but these hotels individual owners and careless frontdesk clearks and mAnagements make decesion without the clint site who is been there to give them business. As far as my experiance with hotels.com is been great then the other travel clint websites like charging all kimd a fees or not cancling the room under24hrs etc god i have stories. But hotels.com has been takimg care of me and been very corprative. All i have to say thankyou to them as far as my experiance. Great site with tons of opportunity with lots of rewards im just a silver member and im. Already geting amazing deals i cant imagine and cant wait to be golden member and get pamperd by them. Thank u again :)

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hotels.com Would rate-1Horrible! NO customer service- unfortunately owned by Expedia and they would not help!

Supposedly booked a room with hotel.com at nearby hotel for my daughter's wedding. Weird booking site wanting name of both parties staying at hotel. Never got a confirmation. When calling hotel morning of wedding they were unable to locate reservation forcing me to pay for a 2nd room. The day after, I received my credit card bill showing the first reservation made weeks earlier. When I call the number they said it was reservations.com not hotel.com and after 2 hours and no resolution they told me to call Expedia. On day 2, still no resolution - they flatly refused to deal with me telling me it was my fault. Holiday Inn Express stated they have had numerous problems with this company and incorrect bookings. As it turned out Reservation.com took my husband first name as name on booking and then added anomyname to last name of booking making it impossible for hotel to retrieve. Got no assistance from Hotel.com, Reservations.com or Expedia. Crystal, manager from Reservations.com was EXTREMELY rude and I was told point blank they would not try to resolve and it was my problem! They would not even deal with hotel manager direct! On day 3 I tried to call again and after asking my name the HUNG UP! Will never use any of these web sites again will go direct to hotel... this should be investigated by BBB! Thank you Rachel from Holiday Inn Express for your compassion and assistance

Hotels.com On August 4,2014, I noticed a charge from hotels.com

On August 4,2014, I noticed a charge from hotels.com on my Mastercard account dated July 25,2014. The morning before, July 24,2014, I had been looking for a hotel reservation on hotels.com for Birmingham, Alabama for July 28 ? 31,2014 at the Hampton Tutwiler. I did not receive a confirmation email, so I called the Hotels.com customer service number, ***122, at 10:14 a.m., and spoke to a gentleman. This person was given both my telephone number and my credit card. He said he could not find a reservation for me. Therefore, I understood that no reservation was made for the Hampton Tutwiler. He also asked if I would like to make one then reinforcing the fact that I DID NOT MAKE A RESERVATION WITH YOUR COMPANY. I did not have the time to redo the reservation at the time and said I would do it on-line later. I did not. Since hotels.com has told me they have recorded every conversation they have had with me. This telephone call should have been documented as well.
When I called the customer service at hotels.com on August 4,2014, I spoke to a woman named Sharon. She told me I gave another email address, ***@ol.com. That is why I never got an email confirmation. Ol.com is not an email service. Hotels.com's email server should have received an "undelivered email" notice. They did have my cell phone number. I did not receive a phone call or text confirming my reservation. That is why I called them to see what the problem was on July 24,2014.
Sharon said she would call the hotel to see if the reservation was used. When she returned to the phone, she told me that she spoke to the hotel's front desk manager. The manager said the reservation was used. So, I called the hotel while the hotels.com representative put me hold to get her manager. I spoke to Jody Thrash. Ms. Thrash told me Hampton requires all guests give a credit card with each stay. This reservation did not list a credit card number, therefore, no one stayed. Ms. Thrash also said it was Hampton Inn's policy to hold the room if the guest had not shown up by 12:00 A.M. The hotels.com manager returned to the line. I asked him to wait a minute while I spoke to the Hampton. He put me on hold again for 30 minutes, then hung up.
I called the Hotels.com customer service line again and was put on hold for another 14 minutes. I tried the "chat" option on-line. Marciel could not help me because she could not find a confirmation number and could not ask for my credit card number. I called the customer service line again. Hold time was 20 minutes. I spoke to David relaying the dilemma again. He put me on hold AGAIN for 9 minutes, so I could speak to his manager. His manager answered the phone, listened to my problem, asked for my confirmation number (which I had already told him repeatedly that I never got), and put me on hold to check the situation. This time for an additional 30+ minutes. The line was dropped AGAIN.
I called again (FOURTH TIME). On hold time was 10 minutes, so I tried the other option of having them call me back. The recording said they would call back in 9 to 14 minutes. It to 39 minutes. When (believe it or not) Sharon called me back. She put me on hold and hung up.
I called back. Then, I tried the called back option AGAIN. I scheduled a call back at 11:00 PM. I received two return calls at 1:00 a.m. The second call I answered. I hung up after staying on hold for two minutes.
On August 5, I called hotels.com and spoke to Jamie. I retold my dispute. She called the hotel, Hampton Inn Tutwiler. The front desk manager, Wendy Tate, told Jamie that someone stayed in the room using the reservation. I called Hampton Inn on another phone with Jamie holding on my phone. I spoke to Wendy. She said someone did use the room and checked out early per housekeeping. Although, she could not give me any details as to how the early check-out occurred or the name of the person who used the "reservation" listed under my name. I asked if they took a credit card number. Ms. Tate said since it was a third party transaction, Hampton Inn does not need one. I asked if a photo I. D was given at the check-in time. Ms. Tate said they did not require a photo I.D. for check-in. Wendy said she would further research this incident by conferring with housekeeping. As of August 8,2014, Ms. Tate has not informed of her research's results.
I, then, asked for Hotels.com's corporate office telephone number. Jamie said she was not authorized to give that information to me. I asked to speak to her supervisor.
After being on hold for another ten minutes, Susan A. (refused to give me her full name) came on the phone. She reviewed the situation with me again. She told me I should have telephoned Hampton Inn on July 25th not Hotels. Com to confirm the reservation even though the reservation was made with Hotels. Com. She did offer a one time deal of $100.00 refunded to my credit card. I did not accept this offer. I asked her for the corporate office's telephone number. She refused, but gave their physical address instead. I will be sending them a copy of this letter, as well.
On August 8,2014, I made an inquiry to Hilton regarding their check in and check-out procedures via email. An email response was given by the Sales Manager of the Tutwiler, Roxanne Osborne. She confirmed the hotel's policy: "Our hotel policies requires that each guest that occupies a guestroom present a valid government issued ID and a valid credit or debit card that will authorize for the full anticipated amount of your stay." I replied with a request to investigate why the hotels.com reservation was used without either of the two check-in requirement per Wendy Tate. She replied she would investigate and return my email as soon as possible. On August 12,2014, Ms. Tate replies that per the housekeeping department, no physical evidence of my presence was found during July 28 ? 31. The correspondence is included with this letter.
On August 11,2014 I notice another unauthorized transaction from hotels.com again. A refund of $100 was applied to my credit card which was NOT agreed upon by me in any way. I called the customer service line again. Hold time this was an estimated 3 ? 5 minutes. However, I remained on hold for 18 minutes. Finally, Jay answered. I reviewed the situation with him. I asked him to remove the unauthorized refund from my account. I asked if the call was being recorded. He said that it was, as all customer service calls were. I made the statement again that I I not agree to accept the refund as settlement in this dispute. I then hung up the phone.
Please review the call made on July 24,2014, at 10:14.
I have filed a dispute claim with my credit card company, Comenity Bank.

H

Hotels.com i booked a 3 day stay at a hotel

i booked a 3 day stay at a hotel. had a offer for 30% off the stay Hotel,com said in a email they would give me the discount after my stay i have emailed them, and called them still have not fixed it

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hotels.com After using this service without issue for over a decade we are now encountering problems in reaching customer service

After using this service without issue for over a decade we are now encountering problems in reaching customer service and with dishonest, bait-and-switch tactics on the website where one selects a room and rate based on a cancellation date only to have that day change on the confirmation page. Sneaky, dishonest, costly.

I
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hotels.com Hello, I have been in contact with Hotels.com regarding vouchers that were given to be due to covid pandemic travel

Hello, I have been in contact with Hotels.com regarding vouchers that were given to be due to covid pandemic travel restrictions. I called and notified them that the hotel is still closed and the expiration date on my vouchers will have passed and hotels have not been open. I have been told twice that I will be contacted by Hotels.com special teams. I have not received any sort of follow up communication as promised and do not want my many vouchers to expire.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hotels.com In previous years, I have had very good luck using hotels.com

In previous years, I have had very good luck using hotels.com. During recent promotions, I have had terrible experiences. The double stamps promotions (2 different times) expired before the date/time. Telephone customer service instructed me to book the room and they would open a ticket to get the issue corrected. The issue was never fixed. The telephone customer service agent was polite, but generally unhelpful. In fact he gave m bad advice. I caution anyone who uses any of Expedia/Hotels.com companies.

H
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hotels.com I am a traveling medical professional

I am a traveling medical professional. I've been using hotels.com consistently since the beginning of this year and look forward to my rewards nights. I currently have 3 rewards nights that have been locked since September 28th with no explanation why. I spoke to BOB October 15th and he stated that my rewards will be unlocked in 7 days. I asked him why were they locked in the first place and he never gave an answer. He put me on hold continuously for 1 hour only to say there are system updates. He asked to call me back and I said okay but first give me a case #. He said okay, put me on hold, and said he couldn't because of system updates. I asked to speak to a manager and he said he couldn't transfer me because of system updates. What does system updates have to do with transferring me to a manager that can help me. He once again asked to place me on hold when I declined his offer to call me back in 15 minutes. After 2 more minutes of being on hold he hung up on me. I will not be booking with hotels.com again

Hotels.com In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Hotels.com is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The search function is intuitive, allowing you to filter results based on your preferences. The overall user experience is smooth and efficient, ensuring a hassle-free booking process.

Booking Process and Availability: The booking process on Hotels.com is straightforward and quick. The website provides real-time availability, allowing you to easily find and book hotels that suit your needs. The confirmation process is prompt, and you receive all the necessary details via email. Overall, the booking process is seamless and reliable.

Pricing and Value for Money: Hotels.com offers competitive pricing and great value for money. The website provides a range of options to suit different budgets, from budget-friendly accommodations to luxury hotels. Additionally, Hotels.com often offers special deals and discounts, allowing you to save even more on your bookings. Overall, the pricing is reasonable, and you get good value for your money.

Customer Service and Support: Hotels.com provides excellent customer service and support. The customer service team is responsive and helpful, addressing any queries or concerns promptly. They are available 24/7, ensuring assistance whenever you need it. Whether it's a change in booking or a request for additional information, Hotels.com's customer service is reliable and efficient.

Hotel Selection and Quality: Hotels.com offers a wide selection of hotels across various destinations. The website provides detailed information about each hotel, including amenities, photos, and customer reviews. This allows you to make an informed decision and choose a hotel that meets your preferences. The quality of the hotels listed on Hotels.com is generally high, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Hotels.com has a loyalty program called "Hotels.com Rewards." This program allows you to earn rewards nights for every 10 nights booked through the website. These rewards can be redeemed for free hotel stays, providing added value to frequent travelers. The loyalty program is easy to join and offers great benefits for loyal customers.

Mobile App Functionality: Hotels.com's mobile app is user-friendly and offers a seamless booking experience on the go. The app allows you to search for hotels, compare prices, and make bookings easily. It also provides access to exclusive mobile-only deals, ensuring that you get the best prices. The app's functionality is smooth, making it convenient for travelers who prefer booking through their mobile devices.

Additional Features and Services: Hotels.com offers additional features and services to enhance your travel experience. These include the option to book flights, car rentals, and vacation packages, all in one place. The website also provides helpful travel guides and recommendations, helping you plan your trip effectively. These additional features make Hotels.com a comprehensive platform for all your travel needs.

Transparency and Trustworthiness: Hotels.com is known for its transparency and trustworthiness. The website provides accurate and up-to-date information about hotels, ensuring that you have all the necessary details before making a booking. The customer reviews on the website are genuine and reliable, giving you insights into the experiences of previous guests. Hotels.com's commitment to transparency and trustworthiness instills confidence in users.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Overall, Hotels.com is a reliable and user-friendly platform for booking hotels. With its intuitive website design, competitive pricing, excellent customer service, and wide selection of hotels, it offers a seamless booking experience. The loyalty program and additional features further enhance the value provided by Hotels.com. Whether you're a frequent traveler or planning a one-time trip, Hotels.com is highly recommended for its reliability, convenience, and overall quality.

How to file a complaint about Hotels.com?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Hotels.com. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Hotels.com Reservation" or "Unresponsive Customer Service at Hotels.com".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as booking issues, customer service interactions, discrepancies in charges, problems with the hotel stay, or any misrepresentation of hotel amenities. Be sure to:

• Describe the nature of the issue with Hotels.com in detail.
  • Include any relevant transaction details, such as reservation numbers, dates, and amounts.
  • Explain the steps you have taken to resolve the issue and any responses received from Hotels.com.
  • Discuss the personal impact of the issue, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or disruption to your travel plans.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, confirmation emails, or correspondence with Hotels.com. Do not include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred, and the 'Desired Outcome' field to clearly state what resolution you are seeking from Hotels.com, whether it be a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is realistically achievable and clearly expressed.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint against Hotels.com on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates regarding your complaint. Be prepared to engage in further communication if necessary to resolve your issue with Hotels.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Hotels.com customer service

Phone numbers

800 246 8357 800 807 6641 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Hotels.com?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotels.com Customer Service. Initial Hotels.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hotels.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hotels.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Hotels.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.