Having problems with Hotels.com?

Hotels.com Customer Service Contacts

800 246 8357 (United States)
800 807 6641 (United States)
800 224 6835 (Canada)
1800 11 142 079 (Phillipines)
+1 417 521 0845 (United States)
+44 203 024 8216 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 747 (Australia)
+64 99 151 135 (New Zealand)
+43 810 310 803 (Austria)
+32 22 008 524 (Belgium)
+45 43 682 330 (Denmark)
+353 16 569 439 (Ireland)
+31 207 006 039 (Netherlands)
+351 707 201 282 (Portugal)
+41 445 118 477 (Switzerland)
+20 800 844 1089 (The Middle East)
+27 214 277 778 (South Africa)
+852 30 774 856 (Hong Kong)
+65 68 185 638 (Singapore)
+82 234 800 145 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 2374 (Argentina)
+44 203 564 5228 (Other Countries)
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotels.com Customer Service. Initial Hotels.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hotels.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hotels.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Hotels.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hotels.comConditions

I reserved a room in Louisville Kentucky for December 3-11 conf # [protected]
It was late when I arrived (11pm) and no one was attending the front desk.
I was on a very tight budget and I prepaid the room so I was basically stuck with what I got.
When I began to walk to the room I thought I was in a garbage dump. The corridor, stairs and parking lot were as if the place was a landfill. (See pics)
When I got in the room it smelled like a giant cigarette. Looking around the room, parts, cleaning supplies, phone parts and the smoke detector were scattered all over the room. I went back to the office, no answer. I've stayed all over the world for years and never saw something so awful.

Hotels.comStay with NO HEAT and Domestic Violence

I contacted Hotels.com for a refund on our stay at Motel 6. The motel said to contact Hotels.com for the refund because that is who we booked through. Our stay was absolutely horrible. My father is in a wheelchair and I made that clear on the reservation. Not only did they not give us a handicap accessible room as requested, but they gave us a room with NO WORKING HEAT! IT WAS 30 degrees outside. My 83 year old father shivered ALL NIGHT! As well as us. Even with extra blankets. We were woke up to DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, with a woman in her bra pounding on our door screaming help me. No one CARED! I had to call 911 just to be able to feel safe to leave. In addition, when I went to the office to complain about our room and the heat and request a refund - they told me they don't know why the system booked us a room. They were FULL and had to give us a room with NO HEAT. SO THEY KNEW and DID IT ANYWAY FOR THE MONEY. WE DESERVE A FULL REFUND IF NOT FURTHER COMPENSATION FOR THE TROUBLE WE WENT THROUGH

Hotels.comService from customer services Follow Up - Case [protected]

Summary
      1.booked a trip in June for my important long weekend next year - received confirmation (dates etc in attachment).
      2. Got a call from the agents on 28.11.20 asking why I had not replied to emails saying my booking was cancelled as they no longer represented the house. Over an hour back and forth as I had received no such email, I was given Hotels.com number to call direct. Hotels.com told me to avoid refund "let's get this sorted, we will assist you in finding in alternative accommodation" apologised, sounded genuine.
      3. Further hour plus conversation, eventually put through to Madison after wo assured me of same - Result: - Madison who promised to sort the issue. Given choice outside Hotels.com due to the bad customer service. Told to choose directly. Called and confirmed choice, told she was having issues paying and they were at other end. Result: - madison was calling back shortly.
      4. No call or email or any form of contact for weeks, I called again, spoke to someone had to go from start due to inadequate notes from Madison and had to choose again. Result:-: After nearly 2 hours - chose 2 properties was assured they would sort asap and book and let me know. I asked to be cc'd this did not happen.
      5. Received a separate - not using thread, email saying they had sent the email I waited for call back. RESULT: No call back, no email, no voicemail or booking confirmation

CONCLUSION: Not at all impressed. All agents all talk and no action. Sound very reassuring, I am now changing that to patronising to get rid as I have been assured each time this will be sorted on the day of the call or at the latest he next day.

Dates are mid July, there is a large golf event hence my early booking for my dates (15-18 July 2021) I am going to a wedding which I am an integral part hence July booking and need to conclude this, we will be there for 3 days a small hotel room will not suffice. We have to be close I have specified this in every phone call. It is our wedding anniversary I would like this concluded so that I stop stressing out the bride by telling her it is sorted when it is not.

I tried to attach the email thread but it would not allow pdf email me on - marilyn.[protected]@btopenworld.com - and I will supply this

Hotels.comComplain about La Quinta Hotel in Clifton New Jersey

I booked two night from 12/25/2020-12/27/2020. And as soon I walked to the room I smelled a nasty odor. I asked the front desk for another room and they didn't do anything about it. After a family emergency I ended booking another two nights and they gave me the same nasty room even though I was out of the hotel . I asked to get a different room but they refused. After my first night on my second stayed I came back after a long day dealing with family emergency, I tried to use a towel and realized that the hand towels were dirty with makeup. Grossly because I don't wear makeup. I called the front desk and Hotel staff were very rude and refused to replaced towels after I found out they were dirty. Also room was smelly and not cleaned properly. I'm asking for a full refund

Dec 08, 2020

Hotels.com — Bad behavior, negligence and consumer betrayal

We booked our stay for 8 people and 2 kids at their Casa Vista Shimla property. One day before there wa...

Hotels.comRefunding credit for covid missed booking

I have had several long chats via the website with customer service as well as at least one phone call (back when it was possible to get someone on the phone). I had a booking for last May, which was cancelled due to the national lockdown. Hotels.com was supposed to send me a voucher for that stay. I never saw that voucher. I contacted customer service over the Summer to inquire. They said it would take at least a month to cancel the previous voucher and submit a new one. Over a month later, I tried again. They said they same thing. Basically, every time I contact them, they tell me to look in my junk folder and insist it's there. It isn't. And they say they cannot send it any other way. It also does not show up on my account, so I have no reason to believe that they actually mean to give me a voucher.

Nov 19, 2020

Hotels.com — False marketing/advertising of a hotel

I recently booked a hotel for my husband's birthday through Hotels.com for 31st October at the Arundel...

Nov 01, 2020

Hotels.com — Refunding / booking rooms

I reserved a room at the oyo hotel falls of rough bed and breakfast in leitchfield ky. On monday october 27...

Oct 21, 2020

Hotels.com — Hotel they are booking is closed

Booked Hotel in Baltimore in May, 2020. In early July tried to contact hotel to verify they would be open due...

Hotels.comRefund

I booked 2 nights in a Hotel in Trier Germany booking ref [protected] book in 29th Sept and out 1st Oct. We left on the 30th Sept.
            I phoned the Hotel company on the morning of 30th Sept about 0900 and said that it was hot and noisy and they had workers outside completing the complex since 0730. They said that they had no idea work was due and agreed imediatly to refund our second night. We moved out and stayed elsewhere, Prum in Germany. I have not had a refund, it Was £125. The virtual customer care line cannot deal with the issue. The phone line is not answered, I have tried several times and asked for call back.

Hotels.comRefusing to refund

Hotels.com refuses to refund as per their agreement online to refund due to covid19 travel restrictions. They state the owners of the hotel refuses to refund. I called the hotel and they stated it's not their call as the reservation was made by hotels.com, hotels.com has to do the necessary. However, the continuous lies and no refund. I just want my money back

Sep 25, 2020

Hotels.com — Parking

Hello I made reservation at Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington D.C. Georgetown, Confirmation number...

Sep 05, 2020

Hotels.com — False advertising

To whom it may concern, My name is Sean Robertson and I was trying to book a room at the Wynn in Las Vega...

Aug 06, 2020

Hotels.com — Unwilling to help holding back refund

My booking Jan 9 2020 ref [protected] was for 7 rooms at a hotel at a cost of €2940. The booking wa...

Jul 31, 2020

Hotels.com — I booked and paid for 2 rooms for one night, but when we arrived, only one room was reserved

I reserved (and paid for through Hotels.com) 2 rooms at Hotel Latino in Panama City, Panama. When we arrived...

Hotels.comHotel not as promised

The issue that I have experienced was: Very clear on the confirmation, including free Parking. When arriving, no free parking. This would be min 60 euro per day.
                Owner of the hotel was called, told me. I could go, he understand, and would refund my 108 euro. I got to another hotel.. Never got my refund. Spoke Hotels.com, They told me they contacted the hotel and hotel simply refused

It occurred on: 24/07/2020

This meant that Had to find another hotel and lost 108 euro..

Simply refund because the owner of the hotel agreed to refund to me.. On the website of Hotels.com still is mention that a booking will be include free parking !!

Hotels.comFree stamp code

They offer a free stamp, if you click on their link from an email they sent to me, but there was noway to enter it. Booked 6 nights in hotel, but none showed the extra stamp. Phoned them and asked them to honour their offer, they declined, blaming me. It takes 10 stamps for a free night, what is the big deal giving me a stamp Choice hotels just gave a free night after, spending 2 nights. Booked July, 8 9, 19, 20, 21, 22, through them #[protected]

Honour you're emails.

Jul 24, 2020

Hotels.com — Lack of refund

Booked a room for July in London, England, but when COVID hit, all flights were cancelled, and thus I...

Jul 21, 2020

Hotels.com — Unethical business practices

I had reserved a hotel in Peru that was canceled due to Covid-19, not my choice. Finally 3 months later they...

Jul 16, 2020

Hotels.com — Refunding for a reservation that was prepaid

My family booked a hotel reservation through hotels.com and when we got to the hotel is was absolutely VILE...