Menu
T
Author of the complaint
7:26 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I, too, have been swindled by Bob's "bonded leather". The sofa and love seat I have are peeling...actually peeling apart...all because we had to audacity to sit on it. The furniture is crap. I'm ashamed I purchased it. I contacted customer service, uploaded photos but was denied a claim because the bonded leather has a 3 year warranty and my peeling began in year 4. They didn't even bother to notify me that the claim was denied. I had to call them! What a terrible company, selling garbage to unsuspecting customers. Tell everyone you know, stay away from bonded leather. It is crap!

View 0 more photos

More Bob's Discount Furniture complaints & reviews

Bob's Discount Furniture - goof proof scam!
Bob's Discount Furniture - defective
Bob's Discount Furniture - bob o pedic
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Bob's Discount Furniture - bed bugs
Bob's Discount Furniture - goof proof protection 5 yr warranty
Bob's Discount Furniture - Didn't get what we picked out and paid for
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
1 comments
G
Aug 26, 2017 3:12 pm EDT

I purchased a bonded leather dusl-reclining love seat from Bob's Furniture. I was not told anything about the fragility of bonded leather. I purchased the extra insurance for $100, as they suggested. When my love seat started peeling just a year in, they told me I probably wasn't conditioning it. I called the insurance company to file a claim and they said the peeling was not covered. I'm out all my money, and the only covers I could find are separate recliner covers which have to be fitted and tucked in as best as possible. Every time I take them off to launder, there is peeled leather everywhere which has to be cleaned up as well. It's all a big hassle, and an embarrassment.
I had also purchased a memory foam mattress for my son at the same time and spent a "chunk of change" on both items, but will never step foot in Bob's Furniture again...and have warned my friends and family as well. Deceptive business practices...a total rip off...and an uncaring company that does not stand behind it's products. Consider yourself warned. (Photos not necessary...just google...plenty of other ripped-off consumers have posted their unsightly photos.)

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

460 complaints