Bob's Discount Furniture Logo

Bob's Discount Furniture

Having problems with Bob's Discount Furniture?

428 Tolland Turnpike
Sat6:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun10:30 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

Bob's Discount Furnituremattress

In 2002 I purchased a mattress set from Bob’s Discount Furniture. In 2004 that same mattress set was deemed defective and Bob’s came to my home and replaced the mattress. Five years later in January of 2009 the second mattress was deemed defective by a technician and once again Bob’s issued a store credit and allowed me to pick out a new mattress. I visited the store and picked out what I was told was a quality mattress. This past weekend a technician was again dispatched to my home and Wade determined that the mattress placed in my home 6 months ago was also defective with a 2” depression.

In speaking to Bob’s customer service department on Saturday July 18th I was told the options available to me. They included issuing a store credit which would enable me to visit the store to pick out a new mattress set and coordinate a delivery time. I asked for Bob’s to come to my home to remove the mattress set and issue me a full refund; I was denied. The CSR, Marlene indicated that she was authorized to issue refunds only. When asked to speak to her manager, Candice, I was told the same. Marlene indicated that Candice was the top manager of the department and would not authorize a store refund.

Marlene went on further to say that the first mattress replaced in 2004 was not even inspected by technician. I rebutted with the directions I was given in 2004, to take a broom handle, lay across the bed so the depression was in the center of the handle, measure the depth of the depression and send in the results. This was done and the mattress was replaced. Marlene further detailed to me that the warrantee from the first mattress set was carried over the course of the past 7 years and applied to each subsequent replacement.

I did not speak to Candice directly as I was told by Marlene that Candice would not offer anything more nor a refund. Marlene did in act say she felt my frustration and request for a full refund. I simply do not want another Bob’s Discount Furniture mattress set delivered to this house. Within 7 years 3 mattress sets have been deemed defective. At some point, the time being now, this must end. It is now my understanding that I have 2 weeks to take advantage of the store credit offer. Two weeks and counting to resolve this matter with Bob’s.

I am frustrated beyond believe and facing the fact that I will be out of $699 for the mattress and $280 for the box spring. Given the set of circumstances, I feel Bob’s should do the right thing and refund the amount spent on the mattress and box spring. They have not achieved a level of respect as a retailer which provides superior or even great products. The third time was not the charm. Over the past 7 years too much of my time, personal and professional, has been given to Bob’s in trying to reach a mutual satisfactory resolution.

Bob's Discount Furniture Jul 27, 2009

Hi - My name is Kalley and I'm contacting you on behalf of Bob's Discount Furniture. We're sorry you had a disappointing experience, but we're glad we got in touch with you and were able to correct the situation. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we hope you'll give us another shot in the future.

• Ki
      kim4306 Mar 07, 2012

About a year and a half ago I purchased the bob o pedic and right away we had problems with it! it was sinking and uncomfortable.The bed i also purchased was crap too! the foot post came off as well as a piece on the headboard. I called customer service and no one would ever get back to me. i went into the store that i purchased my furniture and was told that the manager was not there and that she would call me the next day. no call. i went in again and met the manager. i was then told that someone from corp would call me...no call! so i decided to call bob himself at corp office. I left a message on his voicemail and within 3 hrs i got a return call from his secratary. she was very sweet i must say. she said it was very unlike the bob o pedic to do that so she sent a new one and had the bed fixed. then about 4 months later the bed started to sink again and was indented on one of the corners that the delivery guy said was just from the cold and would go away. now my bf and i weigh around 185 each so there is no reason for this to happen again. i called again and was told i could go pick out a diff mattress i did and this will now be my 3rd time of crappy bob beds! I cant remember the name of the mattress i got this last time but it not only is sinking to the point were the middle of the bed looks like a mountain but it is lumpy all over the bed. i feel like we havent had a good night sleep in a year. i even went out and got a down feather bed to try and help and it didnt it just made it all worse. Im not happy and am waiting for a returned call again. this time i just want my money back and will go some place else!

Bob's Discount Furniture — desk delivered damaged

Have bunk beds purchased at Bob's a few years ago...went back to purchase matching desk, and did so...

Bob's Furniturecarpet beetles in couch

My kids bought a couch at Bob's Furniture. The first two came in damaged and finally the third couch was ok. In three months the living room was infested with carpet beetles. The exterminator said that they were definitely in the couch as when he went to kill them they crawled back into the couch. Bob's will NOT stand by their furniture. However someone told me that a place where she worked had a Bob's couch dellived also and it was filled with bugs. They did take it back. They will not give us back our money. We had to throw away 2 carpets, bomb the apartment, bring all the clothes to the dry cleaner and stay in a hotel for two nights until it was safe to go back.

• Re
        realist Jun 16, 2009

Wow, thats awfull. They should at least give you a refund, could you have the exterminator write a letter for you stating it was the couch??? Did you keep all of your receipts, including hotel, bug bombs, exterminator, dry cleaners, and the charge for the couch, if so and you could get the exterminater to write the letter for you, it sounds like you have a real good law suite on your hand and you have a great chance to win, plus get the court cost back, if you have all of the for mentioned "ducks in a row"
        what are carpet beatles, are they all over in the usa or just certin parts?

Bob's Discount Furniture Store — Overcharged for Products Purchased

I recently made a large purchase at the new Bob's discount store in Yonkers, New York. My purchase...

Bob's Furniturecrap for furniture

This company should be shut down...the products are made of balsa wood...While I was shopping there (wife's idea), I walked by a bedroom piece of furniture and the whole top part just fell off.. ALL the salesmen just scattered and went out of sight...If I could picket the place I would just so other unaware customers would not be suckered...Everything that was bought there from our freinds was returned at some point...Discount my A_ _ ! If I didn't have a new 59" TV that I love, there would be holes in the screen from each time his commercial came on... Bob belongs in the same room as that "Maze" guy that sells cleaning products...with the key thrown away...

• Dr
          Dromey Nov 21, 2009

Any company that calls it's furniture "Bob-O-Pedic", "Bob-O-Lounger" is "Bob-O-Garbage".
          The givaway is in their inane commercials which make me want to committ mayhem on that grinning [censored] and that blond vapid monkey woman.

Yeah.. their furniture is "Untouchable" all right, touch it and catch a freakin virus from Bob.

• Dr
          Dromey Nov 21, 2009

PS: if only Bob went the way of Billy Mays, the world would be a better place.

Bob's Furnitureunassembled furniture rip off

I purchased an electric fireplace media center. It was not cheap! We paid $600 for it, and it is a lovely looking piece of furniture. The salesman told us we would have to install the firebox into the mantel. He said this 2 to 3 times, so we would not expect a fully assembled fireplace.

However, our good salesman neglected to say the mantel would not be assembled.

So, after waiting 3 weeks (the store carries no stock except for damaged goods in their 'pit.') for it to be shipped from their main warehouse, we went to pick up the item and much to our chagrin, the warehouse person drops 2 boxes into the pickup truck. I asked where the mantel was. He kicked one of the boxes and grunted 'here.'

I went inside. I was told that this was a 'flat pack' purchase. I calmly stated that I expected to put a firebox into an assembled mantel. No, no, no, that was wrong, I was rather rudely informed.

When I began to explain what I understood the purchase to be, the young lady became rather indignant stating that I had to take it as it is.

So...I took the pieces in the boxes, because I wanted this fireplace.

However, next time I want to purchase 'flat pack' furniture, I will NOT spend $600, and I'm sure my 'flat pack' furniture purchase will be made at IKEA or Christmas Tree Shop.

It took me about 4 hours to assemble this (with assistance holding parts). I do not believe it was meant for the average consumer to put together.

Bob's is a rip-off. The minute they get your money, they treat you very different.

I would not recommend this store to anyone.

-mary

Bob's Discount Furniture May 11, 2009

Hi Mary –

My name is Christina and I'm contacting you on behalf of Bob's Discount Furniture. I'm so sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience. Customer service is truly a top priority for us and I’d like to help out if I can. I know you’ve been in touch with customer service, but I’d encourage you to reach out to our team directly at [protected] x1, and see if there is anything we can do. We appreciate hearing from customers and hope that you'll give us another shot.

Bob's Discount Furniturebroken sofa

Bought a sofa from Bob's Discount Furniture. The frame broke within 2 years. called Gardsman only to be told a claim could not be filed over the phone, they had to send me forms. I filled out the forms and sent them back only to be denied because "claim was not filed within 5 days of mishap.Got no where with either Bob's or Guardsman. Try calling for service and you get put in a loop on the phone. Try to contact corporate office, you are put back into the same loop try the internet NO WAY how doyou contact Bob for service or even to have him make good his promises in his TV ad's. Bob won best retailer for 2008. Look out if this is as good as it gets.

Bob's Discount Furniture May 11, 2009

Hi –

My name is Christina and I'm contacting you on behalf of Bob's Discount Furniture. Your feedback is truly valued and I'm so sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with your sofa from Bob’s. Customer service is truly a top priority for us and I’d like to help out if I can. I know you’ve been in touch with customer service multiple times, but I’d encourage you to reach out to our team directly at [protected] x1, they’re anxious to work with you to resolve the situation.

• Sh
              Shelly33333 Aug 04, 2009

This same thing happened to me with Guardsman...This company is a fraud.

Bob's Discount Furniture — bed bugs

I had bought a mattress and boxspring from Bobs in CT. Soon after I started getting what I thought was a...

Bob's Furniture Storerecieved damaged ripped sofa set

My wife and mother went into Bob's to buy furniture, sales man named Angel Concepcion was very rude to them from beginning to end then the Furniture that was received was damaged spoke with the store manager at that location Vincent Davis very rude and all was said that Bob's has been in business for 18 years and My situation wouldn't put it out of business We the customers put Bob's Furniture in business and we the customers can put him out of business he needs to go back to core values of treating customers right Bob do what you have to do to get it right or you will become a memory in an furniture conversation "Where did you get that furniture", "oh At Bob's but hes out of business now guess he didn't his customers right." "Yup that's right Customers are a core of all business!

Bob's Discount Furniture Mar 31, 2009

Hi Trucker77

My name is Kalley and I'm contacting you on behalf of Bob's Discount Furniture. I'm so sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience. Customer service is a top priority for us and, as you mention in your post, core to our business. I'd like to help out if I can - have you been in touch with one of our customer service representatives yet? Our team can be reached at [protected] x1 and is happy to help out. Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate hearing from customers and hope that you'll give us another shot.

sam bones Jun 08, 2009

Everything bad said about Bob's stores is true and I have experienced it all.Bad delivery people, damaged furniture repaired to look new, poor quality finish that chips off at the slightest touch. Stay away from them. Better yet go to one of their stores and give them grief.

Bob's Discount Furniture — quality of furniture/poor customerservice

I went to Bobs to purchase`a dinette set and a bedroom set. Upon the first delivery the driver arrive with...

Bob's Discount Furnituresafegaurd protection

Purchased high dark wood cherry kitchen table with the built in leaf inside back in 2005. YOu can walk by it and the screws from the chairs would just fall out.
              Well I finally opened the table up wiht the help of 6 of my adult friends, we were able to use the that extra piece to make the table larger. For years I would call up and they kept givning me an accuss, oh the wood swelled up.. Its Winter. ..
              Well make a long story short, No one is willing to help me, open the table and tuck the leaf back in .. My table is stuck and wont open...
              BOB DISCOUNT SPEAKS FOR ITS NAME.. POOR QUIALITY, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES,
              he stands by nothing but your money..

I will NEVER buy anything from them again..

also purchease a living room set.. I wont even tell you about that case..

Signed very UNHAPPY and UNSATISIFIED CUSTOMER

• Am
                  Amarie Feb 25, 2009

I aslo had a tech come to my house twice, the first guy was very rude unprofessional to me.. He had the nerve to ask me why did I buy the furnture.. .. why this? and why that? Well I told him to get the #$#% of my house, and I called BOBs imeediatly.. The second guy came a week later and passed the buck over to safe garud athat I had to make a claim.. ..

• Am
                  Amarie Feb 25, 2009

Now my mom bought bedroom set with 3months.. and last nite the post at the end of the bed came off.. hmm.. and noticed a knick on the frame..

• Ga
                  gamster65 Feb 27, 2009

after making my first bob's discount furniture purchase, i now have bed bugs infested in my home. in my entire life, i have NEVER had a bed bug problem until the Bob's furniture entered my home. I believe the increase in bed bug infestation is directly related to Bob's furniture products being purchased from when they first went into business. The company should be mandated to fumigate properly to stop their intense cause of bed bug problems whereever their product resides.

• Le
                  leo Mar 23, 2009

i buy a set furniture infct whit bet bugs now my house is infect wiht bet bug its a thousand of that orrible bugs

Margiotta Law Oct 31, 2010

Hello,
                  I have a case in New York where an infant was bitten by bed bugs
                  from a couch bought from Bob's. Any chance you would give me
                  an affidavit of your experience with them?
                  It would help the child and help in the suit against Bob's?

[protected]@msn.com

Paul Margiotta

Bob's Discount Furniturebad quality!

After many purchases including my 81 year old mom that sleeps on a down mattress including my 20 year old daughter bought about 5 years ago you would think Bobs cared? Well there motto is after the purchase you own it!! Furniture also!! Couldn't resist buying 2 sets in 2 years.(DUHHH) We found padding inside moving around causing bulging all over! I bet your now thinking we are 300 LBS. and that is what happens. Guess what? My 20 year old weighs 105 LBS. and my mom weighs about 135 LBS. My wife And I are both less than 200 LBS. and Bob says our furniture even with the warranty claims I need too contact the manufacturer!!? I gave up after months of his snotty people in his out of town help! GOOD LUCK too anyone with problems.

• To
                    tony Mar 03, 2009

ww bobs what a scam place, brought a warranty 5 yrs after 3 yrs they tell me i have to pay its not there fault, hello what did i buy i am taking them to court about this .. please do not buy at this store its put together with bubble gum and glue the lowest level of stuff u can buy. contact me ill tell you more about this rip off store [protected]@aol.com

• Ne
                    Neveragain Mar 16, 2009

I purchased a dinette set and a bedroom set back in February. 1st problem they delivered everything but my mirror and dresser. So I go to the store and was told "your sales rep screwed up" by a manager who seemed very nice. He assured me my stuff would be delivered on Saturday, so I call on Friday and confirm my delivery, they had no idea what I was talking about. Guess what when I went to the store the last time, I had that manager sign my paper and gave me a copy of my original order. They ended up giving me my delivery charge of $169 back. They finally delivered it and everything was fine until...

This past Friday, my bed came down. The whole weekend I scraped my hand trying to lift the box spring back up on the frame. Came down when me and my 5 year old was in the bed, my 5 year old was sick so I let her sleep with me. Then it came down with my 4 month old niece in the bed, a 4 month old. Thankfully no one was injured but still. I called them today since I have the Goof Proof Plan and the customer service rep tried to tell me the earliest she has is next Tuesday. I told her I have been sleeping on the couch and I refuse to sleep on the couch until next week. She gave me a date of Thursday, I am going to have my brother be there. I read from someone who commented that when they came, they just inspected and I confirmed with the customer service rep that they are going to see if they can fix it or they can take it and give me a new one. This is crazy. I WOULD NEVER EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM EVER AGAIN!

Bobs Furnitureterrible customer service

They are liars! You would think in this horrible economy they would be kissing your feet! I recently went to bobs to buy a new bedroom set, and mattress for our new apartment. First he told me all the parts were all in stock. Then he told me it could be at my new apartment the day I moved in (Saturday). We decided it was perfect and went forward and bought it. Once my boyfriend signed the paperwork, his whole story changed. All the parts were not in stock and it would not be shipped until later on the following week!! He was a complete liar! Make sure you get the correct story before you sign anything!!!

• Bu
                      bugger1222 Feb 21, 2009

Keep in mind Bobs is one of the few furniture stores in ma who LEGALLY re-sells used mattresses thats why they require the mattress has no stains when you return it ...look it up... beware.

Bobs Furniture — leather love seat and sofa

So I decided to get a "leather" love seat and sofa from Bobs...When they shipped the furniture they...

Bob's Discount Furniture — refund

I purchased furniture from "BOB'S' that was a special order. It was delivered on 06-07-08. I...

Niantic

Bob's Discount Furniturecompany is a joke

I wish I had found these reviews prior to going to Bob's Discount Furniture. I have never received such awful customer service-especially now when they should be appreciating any business they can get! I got my table set home, only to open it up the next day to find the wrong color was enclosed-even though correct color noted on box. I was basically told it was my fault for not checking sooner, then told they could not come exchange it. Once they finally "did me the favor" of putting in the exchange, I actually had to PAY and additional fee to have the incorrect one taken away, and correct one brought. I could not return it, because I would only get a store credit, for an item that was incorrect on their end! I paid the fee, as a credit to a store I will NEVER set foot in again would be worthless, so I might as well try and get something out of my horrible experience!!

Bob's Discount Furnitureawful experience

Bobs furniture *** they ruined my furniture and my wood floors when delivering my couches, tables and bedroom set over 3, 000 worth i think they suck fat *** and id rather go to cardi's i think when they do the commercials the lady in the commercial *** bobs *** on the bobopedic hahahaha they yelled and screamed at us upon delivery cause they delivered my furniture in the poring rain with no cover on the furniture i think that bob should suck everyones *** who he *** over the stuffs cheap in price cause the furniture.

• Valerie Oct 07, 2008

I contemplated purchasing, ads seem too good to be true... perhaps he should focus on quality and customer service and lose the annoying skirt "cat" and I do mean annoying; she adds nothing to the commercials except blatant dumb blond "duh" stupidity, and am sure she rakes in a bundle... focus, focus on customer and quality... the commercials are totally gag city and are designed for a child mind set; kind of makes us seasoned folks feel like we are in grade school, probably because the skirt "cat" (who they really need to lose or revamp) was a former school teacher... glad I read these reviews.

Bob's Discount Furniture — defective furniture

I ordered an electric fireplace from Bob's, to be delivered which was mandated, would not allow me to...

Bob's Discount Furnitureawful products

We bought a sofa and loveseat set back in April. The delivery, price and appearance of the sofa were all good. However we had to order a new sofa cushion after our puppy peed on it. We ordered it at the beginning of June and it is now October 13 and still no cushion. They cashed our check though back in June. at least 15 calls later they promised it would be here by Oct. 10- guess what! no cushion. I will never shop at Bob's again. And don't buy their "goof proof" protection- it is a rip off. They sent someone out and all they did was spray stuff on it and rub it in with a wire brush, and we still had to pay for a new cushion that we never got.

Bob's Discount Furniture — bob o pedic

Purchased a bob o pedic mattress spent $1, 775.12. The firest mattress was not level. Sent that one back. Had...