Menu
Bob's Discount Furniture
reviews & complaints

Bob's Discount Furniture
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

460 complaints
133 resolved 327 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bob's Discount Furniture. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
7:26 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I, too, have been swindled by Bob's "bonded leather". The sofa and love seat I have are peeling...actually peeling apart...all because we had to audacity to sit on it. The furniture is crap. I'm ashamed I purchased it. I contacted customer service, uploaded photos but was denied a claim because the bonded leather has a 3 year warranty and my peeling began...

T
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 9/02/14 We purchased the Sabrina Brown Sleeper Sofa and Chaise with storage. On 9/08/14 The items were delivered damaged. The storage unit was bent, the sofa frame was bent, the fabric was snagged and unraveling. The delivery man noticed the damage immediately and informed customer service, which in turn the customer service agent requested to speak to...

12:15 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We bought a living room set from Bobs in late 2012, we had a newborn and a puppy and the salesman pushed the bobs goof proof saying it covers any damage the kids or dog could do plus it covers all damages from rips, tears, stains etc so after being told and reassured by our salesman that goof proof covers everything that could happen to the furniture we...

B
12:40 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture - product quality

Bought two leather power recliners with goof proof 11/30/12. Found out leather is only where your body touches the chairs. (NOT TRUE) The vinyl starts pealing back where connected to the leather. In comes there expert repair analysis person. Says it is not a manufacturers defect.WHAT! I have two exactly the same chairs, both pealing back in exactly the same spot. How could that not be a manufacturing defect? Bobs Furniture could do nothing.Thanks for nothing Bob.

E
5:02 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture - horrible customer service

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Two weeks ago I purchased a mattress set, bed rails and a night stand. The confirmed the delivery twice over the phone over the course of one week. For my region apparently they can only deliver to me on Thursdays. When delivery day came, yesterday, they brought the box spring, no mattress. What am I supposed to do with that?I had to send it back. I called customer service and it is obvious that they are not in the business of keeping clients! I was told I needed to wait another week and when I inquired about compensation for their mishap they said they would give me a $25 dollar gift card...OMG! I told them at the very least the delivery fee should be waived. The account manager I spoke to said that will nevr happen, that I was lucky I was offered the $25 and that since that offer was made that if the mattress has damage when it gets finally delivered that there would be no compensation. I was floored! I said to them that was not acceptable and demanded to speak with her manager. She refused statign she was a manager and I told her I needed her supervisor since I was not satisfied with how she was handling things. She refused. I told her that she was going to lose the sale for $1375 I had just made, and that I had $7, 000 dolars worth of furniture picked out to purchase from there as well and that she would lose that too. She did not care. I told her to cancel my order and demanded a refund. She transferred me back to the store and the store manager said that she would waive the delivery fee (?) and that she would set me up for delivery on Saturday instead of waiting a whole week. I accepted. Then I get a call today from the store stating that they cant deliver on Saturday and ohhh!...cannot guarantee a delivery on Thursday either...WTF...I said to her that I wanted my money back and she said, well we tried to make it ok for you we offered a $25 dollar gift card! Everytime I heard that come out of her mouth I became more and more irate. I asked her to get the store manager and she refused. She said the manager told her that if headquarters wouldnt help me he couldnt either. I told her they were stupid for losing a $1375 sale and the purchase of additional furniture for an additional $7000. I have no mattress, sleeping on the floor with fibromyalgia. Way to go Bob! I will never EVER purchase anything through your store and I will make sure my experience gets posted in every internet forum possible.

E
3:55 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture - customer service!!!

Now I'd first like to state the obvious. Its unheard of for potential employees to complain. But the way I see it; my resume caught your attention for a reason and that reason is why you called me to schedule a specific time of when I should arrive for the said interview. I arrived 15 min. Prior to my 2pm appointment. I was told to sit in the showroom and wait while the HR lady comes back from lunch. Now (common sense working) I assume she must've went to lunch at 1pm to come back at 2pm. (Cause who schedules an interview if your not going to be there) she didn't arrive till 2:40pm.. Mind you I was told the assistant manager could also do the interview. I approached him however he was on the phone. When he gets off the phone he just sits and starts a random conversation with his employees. Specifically how this is a dead end job he hates the people etc.. (IN FRONT OF POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES!) I LEFT! I wasn't going to risk being LATE to another interview because these ghetto fools.. He has the audacity to ask me why. Clearly being punctual isn't a concern to bobs furniture. I get that finding a job is hard these days but people like this make it hard for people unpurpose. I'd rather stay with out a job so I won't dare pick up any of their ### habits. Lead by example. Dress for success and always be polite. The females were sloppy; the manager manages himself and again on time is just something they say they want. I can't help but feel its just the Bronx! Oh and the HR lady LOOKED unprofessional.. I would've felt some type of way this woman with no respect for peoples time would be able to make a decision as such... A big shame. Beautiful store filled with ### people. I don't want any part of it! I take pride in my work..

12:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a vanity desk in August 2013. The desk had a jewelry box built in and a lid that opened to the top. By January 2014, the lid became so misaligned that the lid would not close. In attempting to close the lid, the left hinge broke through the desk. I called to report a warranty claim on February 3, 2014 and was told that they would replace the...

F
4:40 pm EST

Bob's Discount Furniture - customer service

We purchased a couch/loveseat set on Monday February 17, 2014. The sales person was very nice and we enjoyed working with him. When it came down to a delivery date we wanted it by Friday the 21, but he told us that it was no longer available and we could do Saturday. We explained that our condo does not allow deliveries on Saturday so we would have to do it on Monday. He said not a problem and told us to call back during the week to see if anyone cancelled for Friday and we could change it. When we called on Tuesday nothing was available on Friday. We called on Wedensday and were told that the delivery is still on Saturday. We explaiend that it was never on Saturday and asked for it to be changed to Monday. Three different times we called and all three times were told that "they will change it immediately" until we got a phone call on Thursday that said it will be delivered on Saturday. We called the Rockville store again to complain and were answered by Angie who gave us attitude and was rude on the phone. Guess what? They no longer had Monday available now after the entire week they promised to change it (even though we still do not know why it would even show Saturday in the first place).

We spoke to James the manager who promised to try and get us a Monday delivery but we are doubtful it will happen. We are ready to cancel the order altogether and go somewhere else.

D
6:22 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought two couches and a bedroom set from Bobs in Farmingdale a couple years ago. I spent extra on the goof proof protection because it was supposed to be a warrantee that covers accidents that damage the furniture. I filed a claim last year because a kitten scratched my couch and tore part of the leather...the company sent men with sharpie markers to...

B
4:14 pm EST

Bob's Discount Furniture - wrong delivery

Back in November we placed an order on a twin size bed to have it delivered now in February. After showing the salesman various times the bed we wanted and making finally making a full payment - delivery day was upsetting and disturbing. The wrong bed was delivered and when we called the to speak to customer service and management(5) in total) all we were told was this: unfortunately they couldnt pick and deliver correct bed on the original day we set aside; they couldnt deliver the next day - Sunday nor Monday. It simply wasnt their policy. The next date would about 2 weeks later! When we asked for our money back they said they couldnt- despite the error being on their part which they acknowledged. They also offered a $50 gift card for their errors that could only be used their store. Now my son has to sleep with me ( whose 7 months pregnant) until bobs feels they can deliver. Hate Bobs! Never Again! They trap you! Poor service And their management services is phony and a joke!

C
2:22 pm EST

Bob's Discount Furniture - injury from chair

I bought a rocker recliner and received it on 10/29/12 in the morning. On 10/29/12 in the evening it collapses due to the reclining mechanism. I fell off the chair and sprained / Fractured my ankle, foot, and wrist. They delivered a new one and less than 2 months later the same thing happened. I want them to come get their chair and give me a full refund asap! I have lost faith that anything they sell is considered less than dangerous.

N
10:40 am EST

Bob's Discount Furniture - where do I begin...

Bob's Discount Furniture takes the number 1 spot for the worst company ever. Their customer service is the most unorganized, incompetent group of people I have ever dealt with. Long story short - I purchased a dining room table and chairs set from the store about a year ago, when it was delivered, the color was incorrect. They apologized, came to pick up the incorrect set with the "correct" color, wouldn't ya know, that was the wrong color too. Tried for a third time, ooh wrong again. After getting 100 different stories from CS, the final verdict is that the color we ordered had been discontinued. Shouldn't that be something that Bob's sales reps and customer service reps should be aware of? Guess not... PS, they still advertise the color that they no longer offer. Fast forward to purchasing a couch. You had better order the whole set because they will discontinue anything whenever they want without notice or telling you that it may possibly be discontinued. We are now stuck with a couch and no ottoman. Maybe we will give them one last shot and buy two chairs to go along with our dining set. Well guess what, that table has been discontinued yet again so the chairs don't actually match the table. Want to return it? Although the salesperson said that would be no problem, I had a 15 minute argument with CS (who sounds like a monotone robot reading from a script) saying they would only grant a store credit. I'd rather toss every piece of Bob's Furniture into a woodchipper than to use a store credit to buy something from this store again. It is my mission to see that Bob's goes out of business. Spread the word.

L
2:07 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On, Sunday, December 15, 2013. My husband and I went to the Secaucus store to purchase a bed for our 7 and 4 year old sons and a mattress for our 14 year old son. Total spend $1000.00. BIG mistake. First they delivered everything but the hardware. I called customer care and spoke to Autumn she was no help. Then I spoke to Michael and he was able to have my...

4:31 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture - waist of money!!!

I bought my furnature from Bob's in Freeport, NY. The sales person was very nice and at the time of purchase, he convinced us to purchase an additional warranty (which they advertise all around the store) called "Goof Proof" for our living room and dinning sets. As per the sales associate, he said it was so worth paying for this extra insurance in-case anything ever happened to the furniture. He even went on to telling us about how his wife accidentally spilled nail polish remover on one of his wooden pieces and these goof proof people came and fixed it like if nothing happened. I was a little apprehensive but then he went on to saying that if in five years we have no need to call goof proof, we should do it anyway to have our sofa and love seats puffed up and get furnature maintenanced. As a result, we purchased the additional "goof proof warranty". 2 years later (10/17/13), I call to do just that. My furniture is still in good condition but there are slight scratches and water marks on the coffee table, a marker stain that wont come out of my dinning room table and my sofa and love seat have slightly sunken in and are not puffy anymore. When I call the 800 number for goof proof, I wait a good 20 minutes then finally I am connected to a human being who begins to ask me all sorts of questions. I told her the incident happened 2 wks ago and I wanted them to come look at the coffee table. I figured if they're coming for that, I can have the person look at my other furnature (which is under the same warranty) and kill two birds. To my surprise she tells me that the technician will only look at the items I report and if it wasn't on "work order", they wont even look at it. So she asked me if there were any other items I needed to "put into the claim". I told her all of the above and she asked me to ellaborate on what exactly I wanted them to look at, for example how was the scratch made on the table, how many cigarrette burns I wanted repaired and so on... After all of my explaining and question answering, she puts me on hold. About 3 minutes go by and she comes back to the line to say that my "claim" has been denied because all of these issues are normal wear-n-tear and not one single incident. So then we go back and forth with my response to that nonsense and hers to mine until eventually I realize I'm not getting anywhere with these people and I spend 1 hour on the phone for nothing! So basically after all the money I spent on the additional warranty, whether I call back in a week or not, they will not fix ### or do anything that is stated on the goof proof sheet. LONG STORY SHORT, DONT WAIST YOUR MONEY!

R
12:57 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture - sofa peeling off

After being told by the customer service lady that we'd get a replacement couch, the Bob's guy came to our house and took a picture on the peeling. He then called in the peeling problem and promptly handed me the phone and left. I was told that because we were no longer under our 1 year warranty (only by six months) they couldn't replace the couch. They offered a courtesy 20% discount credit. A courtesy? Their furniture is a piece of *** and they are doing us a courtesy?

2 comments
Aug 26, 2015 2:19 pm EDT

I bought a dining room set from BOB after 6 month it started peeling I called BOB customer care they sent somebody to my house he came and took picture call in the peeling after that he started laughing gave us the phone the lady told us that the peeling is not manufacture's defect that we should call the insurance, she will not agree to say what the damage was. I made a Huge mistake for going to BOB for the second time since they did the same thing with my living room set. Please America do not go to BOB for any thing.

Nov 14, 2013 7:22 am EST

Hi,
Name-manjinder Singh
Address 95 92 112th street s.richmond hill, queens, ny, 11419
Phone no [protected]
My sofa seat is peeling off so please change them

J
1:30 pm EDT
Replied
Bob's Discount Furniture has left an official reply on this complaint.

Bob's Discount Furniture - worst customer service and mattress

I am so upset I don't even know where to begin. My son's mattress is falling apart. The springs are coming out at the end of it and I literally mean they are sticking out ripped through the sheets and is even damaging the furniture where the mattress is on. My son tells me everyday that he feels like springs on his back and that's why he tosses and turns every single night. So I laid with my son on the mattress reading a book and I sure did feel the springs. I called customer service set up an appointment for a technician to come look a it seeing that the mattress has a 5 year warranty. Ok so the technician comes and looks at it and says that he can't do anything about it because os stains. Stains?! Really that should be the last concern. There are springs coming out of it. Again I called customer service and they said I have to get the mattress cleaned which will run me almost if not more than $100. I paid $137 for this piece of junk and I'm going to spend more money to get it cleaned so they can replace it with another junk. No! I am so upset and will spread the word. DONT BUY FROM BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE!. Sure the furniture looks really nice but after a few weeks or even months the furniture starts to deteriorate, fall apart. It is the worst and this place should no longer be in service ripping people off.

1 comment
A
Aug 07, 2013 9:08 pm EDT

All mattresses wether is bobs or sleepys have a manufactures warranty which is voided if the mattress has any rips stains or tears. That's why they sell bed protectors

C
8:14 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Goof Proof is a scam. Haven't beat it yet but working on it. Try 1 - Called to get spots removed from sofa. Because there was more than one it is not covered! Try 2 - Called to report a rip in fabric just under seated area (Seams are NOT covered). The rip in the fabric was too large (greater than 6") which they called excessive and do not cover, Also, the...

A
1:56 pm EDT

Bob's Discount Furniture - shabby product

I have to admit that I am not impressed with their product. I know their name says discount, but they advertise as if they are competitive in quality to other furniture stores. I bought a full sized canopy bed for my daughter two years ago. Within the first few months the shabby metal spindles that held the canopy up warped and kept popping out and landing on my daughter. The tall posts that held up the awning no longer screw into the headboard and footboard of the bed and tip to one side or the other. When my husband tried to move the bed this past winter, the headboard actually split and the leg cracked. My husband had to reinforce with screws. My daughter just turned 10 and is not tough on furniture (to be honest she spent more time in our bed than hers, because she didn't like it). What started as a decent looking canopy bed for a little girl - turned into a plain white piece of garbage. Never again will I buy anything from Bob's

R
11:24 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchase the LIbre sectional, its a two piece sectional with queen size pull out coach and a chaise. I took a whole day off to wait for my delivery. My deliver got here at 2:00PM and the driver is telling that I only have one piece because the other piece he had to leave at the warehouse because it was damaged. At that moment I could not comprehend, thank...

F
3:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob's Discount Furniture - do not buy from this place!

My wife and myself have two children and we work extremely hard for what we have. We were able to scratch and save to buy new furniture last year and decided to go to Bobs. We picked out a leather sectional and it took close to a month to get it delivered! Upon receiving the furniture my wife noticed that stitching was already coming out of the leather. We called to have a service tech come out to fix it, appointments were set and we were blown off on three separate occasions! We work for a living and this was extremely frustrating! Finally the tech came out and fixed the stitching. Since then (nine months later) more stitching has come out, leather is wearing prematurely and the mechanisms in the recliners are already starting to act up! I don't want to call the service department because of the last experience. Thanks for banging me and my family out of nearly $2000 Bob. Don't shop here, you get what you for! Oh ya, when I went to the store to complain they said they would send us reimbursement for our troubles, we received a $50 dollar gift card to Bobs store! We sent it back!

Bob's Discount Furniture contacts