Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Retail Stores Best Buy Ibuypower - slatemr gaming desktop - intel i7 11700f - 16gb memory - nvidia geforce gtx 1660 ti 6gb - 480gb ssd + 1tb hdd pc

Best Buy  -  Ibuypower - slatemr gaming desktop - intel i7 11700f - 16gb memory - nvidia geforce gtx 1660 ti 6gb - 480gb ssd + 1tb hdd pc

I
Author of the complaint
4:22 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased two iBUYPOWER - SlateMR Gaming Desktop - Intel i7 11700F - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD PCs from Best Buy for Christmas 2021.

One of the PCs abruptly stopped working in April of 2022.

I brought the PC to Best Buy, since I had a maintenance plan and the PC was covered by warranty also.

I was advised that the power supply was faulty and would have to be replaced.

I was advised, once at Best Buy, that the PC would have to be mailed back to iBuypower for the work to be completed since Best Buy is Not allowed to service the PC under the warranty.

The cost to mail the PC to iBuypower would have easily been over the cost of a new power supply.

I had Best Buy replace the power supply, which I had to purchase.

I am very upset that a 4 month old computer with minimal use needed a new power supply because the one that was in the unit when purchased was obviously faulty.

What bothers me the most is that Best Buy would sell such products which have such warranty stipulations. Apparently my Best Buy maintenance plan was unnecessary since I had to purchase a new power supply.

I have been purchasing my electronics and appliances from Best Buy for many, many years and to be truthful will continue to do so.

I am very happy with the service I receive from all your associates, sales, service, repairs etc...I am however a disturbed that someone with my loyalty to your company can be allowed to purchase, what I consider now, to be an inferior product. I would never believe Best Buy would sell such inferior products.

I am asking for consideration for compensation for the power supply I was required to purchase.

Mailing my PC back to iBuypower would have been much more expensive than the new power supply cost.

Please Advise.

David Coletti

55 Puritan Dr

Quincy Ma

[protected]@aol.com

[protected]

More Best Buy complaints & reviews

Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product
Best Buy - No response to my e-mail