Menu
Best Buy
reviews & complaints

Best Buy
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

783 complaints
198 resolved 585 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Best Buy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
R
10:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

HI I am very irritated at this time, I recently ordered a washer and dryer, and the items were delivered on 02/11/2022 around 2 pm I was really hesitant to order anything from best buy because in the past the customer service has been horrific, however I gave it another shot. I have had various issues of the past year or two with support or customer care...

O
2:52 pm

Best Buy - Best Buy Online Gift Purchase Never Delivered/Received

A year ago, 31st Jan. 2021... I bought a TV online for my elderly mother as a surprise birthday gift. Ordered online and scheduled delivery for the morning of her birthday, the delivery guy rang the bell she was in the toilet by the time she got to the door he was gone which was within 2 minutes of the bell being rung. Shortly after I received an email stating the order has been delivered, yet nothing was or to date has been delivered! I contacted best buy to let them know nothing was delivered and to please reschedule the delivery date. They rescheduled the delivery and when the guy shows up days later, he is there arguing with my elderly mother that he has come to take her old TV in exchange for the new one. My mother is unsure, so she calls me to confirm this is the arrangement that has been made I explain to the delivery guy that there is no exchange to be made as no delivery was made to begin with. He then explains that the order he was sent was to do an exchange not a rescheduled delivery which is bizarre as nothing has or was delivered. Once again, no delivery is made as he says he cannot leave the TV as he is meant to have another one in exchange for it. Therefore, no delivery is made yet again, and nothing is received yet again from BestBuy. I then contact BestBuy several times explaining time and time again no delivery has or was made, repeating myself being transferred from one clueless department to the other. Eventually they investigate and agree nothing was delivered and it was an error made by their delivery guy, great I think we have a result. Unfortunately, they decided to STEAL my hard-earned money instead as a refund was processed SOLELY for the geek squad 5-year protection plan and not for the ACTUAL payment of the TV which was NEVER EVER RECEIVED OR DELIVERED! I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED AND APPALLED by this! there is video evidence that shows the delivery guy never delivered any tv to the address

Desired outcome: To receive the refund for the TV I ordered and NEVER received with immediate effect!

I
5:35 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On December 17 I had ordered a Marshall Speaker, upon receiving it and opening the package it was damaged and not what I had ordered, I called Best Buy and since I was not able to drive to the store due to having knee surgery, I was instructed by the representatives to return via UPS, tracking info [email protected] They system shows received at...

P
2:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, This is regarding the service (lack of) that I received January 30th @ the Best Buy location in Mississauga @ 6075 Mavis Rd Unit 1, Mississauga, ON L5R 4G6. We had originally gone to another location for HP Ink & was advised the heartland location had them in stock: Upon arriving I went to where the ink's were & there was none, I asked an...

9:03 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This Manager named, belittled me on the phone, stating I didn't want a new PC, after giving me a sealed box covered in plastic - got home and it had 3 scratches on the front. I had tried to preface her that I was upset while speaking to her on the phone, I was extremely sleep deprived, had just taken time out of my day to pick up my pc and I had not slept...

D
6:05 pm

Best Buy - TV I purchased

I spent over $2,000 on a TV on January 31st. 3 times I was promised delivery which has not happened. I took off work 2 days because Best Buy told me the TV would be delivered. I continue to get lies and excuses. The store manager has not contacted me. The Total Tech plan is a complete rip off. No priority. Horrible customer service. Warning! Don’t shop here!

The delivery people left a broken TV and they left trash in my house. Then they won’t fix it. They are putting me off another week. This is ridiculous. I’m getting no assistance.

Alpharetta Store #516

Desired outcome: I want the TV I purchased today or tomorrow.

C
5:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Confirmation # 280502250 re: Apple watch order Heartline Discount Code # 1679cqgpjx5c Constance Wolf [email protected] 314-532-8753 I have not received the Heartline discount for the Apple Watch I ordered from Best Buy. Instead, Best Buy has billed my VISA $1,000+ even though the customer support representatives and supervisors assured me the...

J
4:31 pm

Best Buy - Service Order Number: 00484-331628383

I have service order to repair my laptop and today when I checked the status it indicated that it was completed. I was worried because when I put the purchases order the associate at the geek squad told me before the actual service being performed they will call me and tell me what need to be done and provide an estimate for the repair. It did not happened, so I call the help line and the associate on the line told me the repair ticket is closed and he could not tell what they did. Then after few minutes he told me that the service guys did not do any repairs because the laptop was too old and could not find the parts! I was shocked, this laptop was purchased in 2016 ! BestBuy telling me too old , just five years too old for a laptop worth $1600 ! By the way this is the 4th laptop I purchased from BestBuy in last 12 years and I was really shocked to hear that 5 years is too old for a laptop. Mind you, I have 20 year old (Toshiba Satellite ) laptop that still works!

So, I asked him, tell me what part they were trying to repair or could not find? He refused to tell me that and he said the ticket was closed and he could not do anything about it. I paid about $85 and at least I should know what was wrong with laptop, which parts that BestBuy could not find? It is my right!

Please let me know the details of the diagnosis? So I know what was wrong with my laptop. PLEASE LET ME KNOW EXACTLY WHAT PARTS BESTBUY COULD NOT FIND?

Regards,

FURIOUS CUSTOMER

Desired outcome: Please provide details of the parts BestBuy could not find?

2:34 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is a complaint about of the Best Buy Store in Matthews, NC. On January 27, 2022 at 12pm, I went in to get an iphone for personal use. Tried to buy it online but since I did not want to transfer a phone number, but get a new one, I am told to make an in-store appointment, which I do. I receive an email from Best Buy on what to do when I get to the...

M
3:11 pm

Best Buy - Geek squad

Purchased three new Neo TV and Geek Squad installation on November 22, 2021. Install date was to be December 20, 2021, but online purchases did not reflect one of the TV's to be mounted-I called to correct-Than it was rescheduled the whole installation to January 10, 2022-of which no one showed up! I have called daily and received the same run a round-here is a case number-we expedited it but it's in Logistics to create a new delivery date-Don't worry we are on top of it=its January 22, 2022, and still no install date or satisfaction. No one can give me another number to get resolved
I spoke to my local dealer in Downingtown PA, and they said just call Corporate 800 621 9970, but they send me to someone else who tells me about its waiting for Logistics to allow a new install date-waiting now 3 weeks-very poor service-no one calls back even Tho they ask for my email and cell number. If this is not resolved I will turn over to my local Television Stations and have them resolve and will place with Attorney General my dissatisfaction

Desired outcome: Get everything installed

P
7:48 am

Best Buy - Sony 65" 4k uhd hdr led google smart tv (kd65x80j)

I bought an open box tv and after receiving the tv I saw the tv is a used tv more than 3 months used and I called to customer service, they said just we can pick up the tv and we do not have any open box or we can not be able to change it, however, they had in their website and they sent me an email for pick up 22 of jan 2022, I was in my home from 7 am to 7 pm on weekend and I called to bestbuy but after 41 minutes nobody answered me.
Not only they took my money, but also they took my weekend time, I will complain to the government about this... Shop.
I am not satisfied with this behaviour.

View 0 more photos
1 comment
M

Hi Mr. Aarafi.

I can appreciate your frustration. The confusion seems to be in the explanation of what an "open box" item is. These pieces are one only items and are derived from a variety of different situations. Some are customer returns.

Generally "open box" units are heavily discounted and, therefore, are non-returnable. However every situation varies and it's good something has been worked out for you to be able to return the television. What has then been conveyed to you is that no other open box units exist of this particular model. That's not unusual as there is no reason to have multiples of any one unit in stock. You are, of course, more than welcome to purchase any particular new television in stock. Contact your local Best Buy to arrange the purchase.

R
4:39 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After trying to speak with customer service (now national customer service) three time and getting disconnected three times I made an appointment with the geek squad to get my phone battery replaced. I drove 50 miles one way only to find out they didn't have the battery in stock. So I decided to purchase a new phone only to find out that best buy would not...

11:00 am

Best Buy - Purchase / install car audio

I made an in-store purchase of a stereo deck and the installation kit. When I got my credit card statement the charge was for $59.99 more than my order total. When I called customer support I was told, after being transferred 3 times over the course of an hour, that I was being charged $59.99 for installation of a component of the installation. When I questioned this additional, unapproved charge and requested that it be removed I was hung up on by the service rep. I have never been treated as poorly by any other customer service rep in my life. Without resolution I will be cancelling my Best Buy card and will no longer patronize any Best Buy stores. Additionally, I will make it a point to dissuade anyone possible from shopping at Best Buy. This is shady business.

Desired outcome: Refund of unauthorized amount

7:22 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Best Buy - Best Buy used to be the "go to" place for electronics. You are declining at an alarming rate.

1. You are not at all keyed into the needs of elderly and disabled people. You do not provide motor chairs, smaller bascarts to lean on, or places to sit. All major stores now provide motor chairs. One has to wait in line for help and standing causes me a great deal of pain. Also, if I want to look around, I need to sit from time to time.
2. You do not carry any of the best brands/models anymore. No selection in Lenovo desk computers. You do not carry the HP All in one printer that is listed as #1 (HP69780)
I am having to order online or go to a different store to meet my needs.

Desired outcome: Correct the abover

E
7:08 pm

Best Buy - Washer/ Dryer

On the Jan 4/22 I purchased a washer and dryer on Farm branch TX. The very next day someone from that store Call Total Touch and cancel my membership the I have since 2015 with auto paid. I want to have the same membership has you will investigate I never cancel no customer service talk to me. I had turn all the appliances before the 15 days. This very upset the can cancel something without the customer been present. I lost my grandfather Total tech. I want someone from the corporate.

Desired outcome: One to have my total tech back account

View 0 more photos
Update by E Hollins
Jan 19, 2022 7:10 pm

A

Best Buy - Bought built in microwave with trim kit in may 2021. Not received yet. Finally cancelled yesterday.

Had dimensions measured and bought Built in Microwave at Grapevine Best Buy on May 30th, 2021. Though we wanted a steel appliance, we went with their suggestion so that we could get one installed quickly. Since that day, we have received at least 15 texts from Best Buy providing us with the date and the timing of their installation. Not one of those dates were kept. In July Best Buy suggested that we go with another brand which would be available within a week. Again, we agreed. Now it is January of 2022 with no resolution. We are also sure that if we wait for Best Buy, the microwave they send (When and if they do); will be outmoded. So, finally we decided to cancel the order and now we have to go thru the whole process with some other company.

Desired outcome: I just want people to be aware of what type of company Best Buy really is.

A
10:07 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Nightmare service is the nicest way I can describe this. I purchased over $1,900.00 worth of merchandise on December 5 (in store) and scheduled in-home delivery/setup at the same time as I am a Geek Squad member for January 6. (a 30-day wait) January 6 - nobody showed, nobody called, texted, or emailed me. I called twice and was lied to. Told the installer...

Read full review of Best Buy

Best Buy - Product insulation in home.

Today, January 13, I had scheduled the installation of a flatscreen television on the wall bracket. The items are fully paid for and the appointment was scheduled well in advance. The installers came out to the house and in the middle of the job they pack their bags and left. The installation not completed, Boxes all over the place hardware scattered all over the floor and the TV sitting in the middle of the floor ( i have pictures). The manchester Best Buy called asked for my version of the story explained their policy on feeling safe, didn't answers my questions. Then preceded to ask when is a good time to reschedule. I was so frustrated that i said just come get the TVs. This was a spontaneous respond, so i called Best Buy customer service. Explained the situation, and a call back request was submitted. I never received a call back and a second request was submitted. To be honest, i don't expect to receive a call. There were two other contractors in the room and they heard and saw everything. I do not know why these individuals just left and they did not take the time to tell me. The individual at Best Buy wouldn't even share that information. If they left without a justifiable reason, I expect full compensation for my time to take another day off to have this installation completed. Otherwise I will take other measures I don't know what's available to me but I'm not afraid to roll up my sleeves. Normally I'm pretty passive, these individuals were anything but professional.
They walked in my house with wet shoes they move things around do not put things back where they belong they knock things over and the list goes on. Did I bark, not really. And a minimum I expect to know why these individuals decided to just leave. There was nothing that threaten their life at any capacity. So they should take the time to explain what it is that they felt so uncomfortable about that they just had to leave. I'm paying for the service and the service should be catering to me within reason naturally. But I'm not having a sloppy job done at the expense of somebody's feelings. If you're hiring people that are so sensitive that she can't be direct and firm then I have no business doing business with Best Buy.

Desired outcome: Complete the installation, compensate me for my time, and provide rationale on why the unprofessionally left my house

5:40 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Jan 3rd, 2022. Fridge was bought to be delivered and ready for use. Delivery team claims inability to install due to "leak" i.e. wet surface below connector. Investigated it myself and point out that the new waterline that comes with the fridge will replace the old waterline. No can do. They provide a call-in number and haul away the old fridge, leaving...

12:10 pm

Best Buy - Wash and Dry Machine

I ordered wash and dry machines on 11/27/2021 and delivery date was 01/07/2022.Guess what? The Best buy agent telling me oh sorry you'll get on 02/17/2022 ... 3 months total waiting time...Why you waste my time to wait your stuff? If you can't serve me why your business is active? I HATE BEST BUY.
I was a Geek Squad tech support member, but no more.I canceled my membership.You don't deserve it. Please guys don't go there anymore. They don't care about customers !

Best Buy contacts