Bell Canadaovercharging

M

(a) lack of organization between bell s various departments is bell s problem. it is not the customers problem. stop giving customers the run-around

(b) bell overcharged me and did not do what bell said it will do.

(c) so am I bell s next victim?- why is my total-internet-usage-allowance now reduced from 40gb (which is what I am paying for) to 33.42gb é

(d)... this business is not a bbb accredited business... based on bbb files, this business has a bbb rating of f on a scale from a+ to f. factors that lowered this business' rating include: •failure to honor commitment to arbitrate disputes or mediate disputes.

(e)

* specific details to substantiate assertion are detailed below *

This has already been done. lack of organization between your various departments is your problem. it is not the customers problem. stop giving me the run-around. re: bell internet member services auto reply / reponse autogeneree par les services aux membres bell
Internet (kmm5082898i15977l0km) monday, march 14, 2011 7:49 am
To: "facturation bell internet" [protected]@bell. ca this has already been done. lack of organization between your various departments is your problem. it is not the customers problem. stop giving me the run-around.

— on sun, 3/13/11, facturation bell internet <[protected]@bell. ca> wrote:
From: facturation bell internet <[protected]@bell. ca>
Subject: bell internet member services auto reply / reponse autogeneree par les services aux membres bell internet (kmm5082898i15977l0km)
Date: sunday, march 13, 2011, 8:30 pm

Bonjour!
Merci d'avoir communiqué avec nous. nous avons reçu votre requête, cependant avant de pouvoir vous répondre nous avons besoin d'information supplémentaire vous concernant.
Nous ne pouvons trouver votre compte dans notre système étant donné que l'adresse de courriel d'envoi de votre message n'est pas une adresse de courriel symaptico.
Afin que nous puissions répondre à votre demande, veuillez accéder à la page web suivante et compléter les champs requis.
Https://www.bell.ca/support/prscsrvint_ctus_eform.page
Saviez-vous que vous pouvez également nous visiter en ligne pour obtenir de l'aide? c'est rapide et pratique!
Www.assistance.sympatico.ca

Hello!
Thank you for contacting us. we have received your request but in order to proceed we require some more information about you.
We cannot find your account in your records as your incoming e-mail is not a sympatico address.
In order to respond to your request, please go to the following web page and fill in the mandatory fields and we will respond to you.
Https://www.bell.ca/support/prscsrvint_ctus_eform.page
Did you know you can also visit us on-line for help? it's fast and convenient!
Www.service.sympatico.ca

Why are you overcharging me and not doing what you say you will do?

So am I your next victim?- why is my total-internet-usage-allowance now reduced from 40gb (which is what I am paying for) to 33.42gb? - provide me a satisfactory written response within 48 hours.
Monday, march 14, 2011 7:39 am
To: [protected]@bell. ca, [protected]@bell. ca, george. [protected]@bell. ca, kevin. [protected]@ctv. ca, executive. [protected]@bell. ca, michael. [protected]@bell. ca
Cc: [protected]@dslreports.com, [protected]@ccts-cprst. ca, [protected]@mwco. bbb.org, matthew. [protected]@complaints.com, [protected]@montrealgazette.com, [protected]@thestar. ca
To
mr. george cope, president &ceo of bell canada
And
Executive office mr. michael sabin - ceo
and
Mr. kevin crull, president - residential services
And principal customer contact: ms. denise frank

P. o. box 9000 stn. don mills - north york, on m3c 2x7
P. o. box 8787 - complaints
600 jean-talon, 3rd floor
Montreal, qc h3r 3a9

(delivered via email to [protected]@bell. ca, [protected]@bell. ca, george. [protected]@bell. ca,
Kevin. [protected]@ctv. ca, executive. [protected]@bell. ca, michael. [protected]@bell. ca)

Dear sir,

1) https://www.bell.ca/mybell/ociseclvl3.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowlabel=portlet_10_1&portlet_10_1_actionoverride=%2fportlets%2foci%2fmylob%2fmyinternet%2fshowbandwidthusage&_pagelabel=ociseclvl3_prsmyaccts_internetsvceq

Now indicates:

Total usage as of march 14, 2011 3:00 am
see daily view

Additional usage allowance: 31.42 gb and total usage allowance: 33.42 gb

2) why is my total-internet-usage-allowance now reduced from 40gb (which is what I am paying for) to 33.42gb?

A few hours ago, it indicated 40gb, which is what I am paying for?

3) provide me a satisfactory written response within 48 hours.

4) please refer to public complaints about bell-internet:

A) http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/02/09/technology-bell-internet-usage.html?ref=rss

Bell admits internet metering problem
Cbc news posted: feb 9, 2011 12:18 pm et last updated: feb 9, 2011 3:34 pm et read 453

... overage charges up to $2.50 a gb
If users go over their bandwidth cap, they face "overage" charges of up to $2.50 per gigabyte...

B) so am I your next victim?

C) Bell Canada Internet Service — 9 days and still no response

Bell canada internet service posted: 2009-05-03 by ilc 9 days and still no response
... it’s been 8 days and more than a dozen phone calls and my issue has yet to be resolved... lost internet connection on friday, april 24, 2009.... pulling my hair out right now. I live in toronto

D) http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25559164-internet-cancellation-ticket-ignored

... internet cancellation ticket ignored
I called bell internet customer service last month to cancel bell internet service and have a ticket ref # provided for the cancellation by the rep. now after a month when I called to check when the technician will come by to deactivate the service and how do I return the modem? bell claims no cancellation request is on the system. and now I have to wait another 30 days as per 30 day policy for notice....

E) http://www.phonecomplaints.ca/complaintdetail.asp?uid=267
... bundled package (and unlimited internet) removedþ garry price on 2/24/2011
The story goes like this... now when I received my latest bell bill, imagine my surprise when I discovered that bell had, without my permission removed the unlimited internet and my monthly usage was way over the new 25 gig limit...

F) http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/telephone-communications/bell-canada-in-north-york-on-1043848

•671 complaints filed against business •failure to respond to 53 complaints filed against business. •27 complaints filed against business that were not resolved. •overall complaint history with bbb.... government actions crtc announces that bell canada has paid a $1.3 million penalty for violating the national do not call list rules bell canada also makes a $266, 000 payment for its use of automated calling devices without consent

G) http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/bell_canada.html

... I received a message back indicating that bell suspended my account because they "noticed some unusual activity in your hotmail account... the bell rep refused to resolve the problem, stating that I exceeded my quota for outgoing mail (recall from above, I sent one message successfully today and my account was blocked on the second message) thereby violating my user service agreement

H) http://www.merareview.com/42422/-rights-violated.html
... - I recently had a harrowing experience with bell canada, I wondered if any other complaints against bell could be found on the internet and I found this site.
-I was appalled at the myriads of complaints against bell: harassment, sabotage, overpricing, extortion, broken promises, unfulfilled contracts, to name a few!
-this first page broadly explains my own awful experience with bell and I will proceed to outline my dreadful experience as everybody else did

I) http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/june/13/52.htm
... for over six years, we have been loyal customers to bell canada and bell mobility. during that time we have had nothing but grief with your company. the events over the last few days have made us leave your company permanently, but we feel you always have your hand out for more and more money, never providing service in return

J) http://forums.canadiancontent.net/mobile-phones/38936-bell-mobility-its-worst-do.html
... bell mobility at its worst - do not sign up with them... bell informed us that it was not their problem... a classic example of how one department cannot seem to work with another department in order to satisfy customer concerns and complaints

K) http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/tech/archive/2009/02/20/gauging-bell-canada-s-public-perception.aspx

... gauging bell canada's public perception by roberto rocha fri, feb 20 2009 comments (39) technocité
filed under: telecom, customer service, bell... still a stereotypical corporation - bell continues to be opaque and uninformative...
Nonetheless, if the company truly intends to be recognized as canada's premier telecom company, they have a lot of work ahead of them

L) http://www.ellenroseman.com/?p=8 since I get many complaints about bell canada’s ineptness in dealing with customers, I did a recent column (march 24)... bell needs an ombudsman or a central point of contact for complaints.
* it’s very hard to speak to a supervisor or get the names of anyone in authority. when bell gives out phone numbers and email addresses for complaints, these often don’t work

5) so am I your next victim?

cc:
- http://www.cbc.ca/contact/
- Bell Canada Internet Service — 9 days and still no response
- http://www.phonecomplaints.ca/file-phone-complaint.asp
- https://www.consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php
- http://www.merareview.com/contact_us.html
- http://www.canadiancontent.net/corp/contact.php

Subject: provide me a satisfactory written response within 7 calendar days itemizing my total cost on my bundled one paper-bill that I will receive each month.
Date: monday, march 14, 2011, 4:24 am

Mr. george cope, president &ceo of bell canada,
483 bay st. (bts)
Toronto, ontario m5g 2c9

Kevin. [protected]@ctv. ca)

Dear sir,

(1) this is a confirmation of conversation (rfrnc no. [protected]), discussed with mr. sri, employee-id xv318, in internet technical support dept in chennai, india at approx. 340 am on 14mar11.

(2) I will pay $45.90 (+13% hst tax) per month for my internet-bill, for 122gb limit, to be made effective by 18mar11. for the 1st 3 months I pay $5/month less because of your promotion.

(3) plus I will get $5 per month less on my phone-bill for bundling phone+ web bill,

(4) I will receive 1 paper-bill at my po box mailing address.

(5) if I am incorrect in my understanding, then email me within 7 calendar days of today.

(6) please provide me a satisfactory written response within 7 calendar days itemizing my total cost on my bundled one paper-bill that I will receive each month.

Subject: fw: why are you overcharging me and not doing what you say you will do?
To: kevin. [protected]@ctv. ca, executive. [protected]@bell. ca
Cc: kevin. [protected]@bell. ca
Date: sunday, march 13, 2011, 7:54 pm

Forwarded to you since I received the following auto-reply:

Out of office: why are you overcharging me and not doing what you say you will do?
Sunday, march 13, 2011 7:51 pm
From:"kevin. [protected]@bell. ca"
Thanks for your message.

Please note that I am now at ctv (canada's entertainment, news, and sports leader!) and my new email is kevin. [protected]@ctv. ca.

If you have a service issue with bell products please email executive. [protected]@bell. ca.

Otherwise please re-send your message to kevin. [protected]@ctv. ca and please update your contacts with this new address.

Kevin

Subject: why are you overcharging me and not doing what you say you will do?
To: [protected]@bell. ca, [protected]@bell. ca, george. [protected]@bell. ca, kevin. [protected]@bell. ca, jacqueline. [protected]@bell. ca
Date: sunday, march 13, 2011, 7:51 pm

Mr. george cope, president &ceo of bell canada,
483 bay st. (bts)
Toronto, ontario m5g 2c9

Kevin. [protected]@bell. ca, jacqueline. [protected]@bell. ca)

Dear sir,

1) I have already spoken to your rep ms. pina in directors office, employee id 3900688 at
415pm on 12march2011 yesterday. she stated that she will respond to me via email
Within 48 hours. I am very concerned about being first told on
07march11 at approx. 6pm by ms jay, employee id xx390 in the billing office dept in
Manila, phillipines, that my total phone and internet bill after taxes will be $51.35 per
Month.

2) this was when I ordered the internet service.

3) then on 10march2011 at approximately 645pm, mr. king, employee id xt671, in the
Internet billing office in manila, phillipines told me that my total bill after taxes will be
$69.93 per month.

4) why are you increasing my monthly payment now?

5) furthermore, ms. shaheen, employee-id 6022439, in the household loyalty dept at
Yonge &eglington in toronto, told me at 1010am on 28feb11 that as per
Confirmation-number-a69g43v5, she will execute my order to remove my $6.95+taxes
Wire-care-maintenance-plan.

6) but ms. pina told me this has not been done as yet.

7) why are you overcharging me and not doing what you say you will do?

8) please provide me a satisfactory written response within 7 calendar days.

— on thu, 3/10/11, [protected]@bell. ca <[protected]@bell. ca> wrote:
From: [protected]@bell. ca <[protected]@bell. ca>
Subject: confirmation of changes to your bell. ca profile
Date: thursday, march 10, 2011, 5:58 pm

Confirmation of changes to your my bell profile
please keep this email for future reference.
Log in to my bell today to enjoy all the benefits of self serve online
If you continue to have problems logging in, contact us for help.

• M9
    m999 Jun 30, 2011

You are correct. Let the facts speak for themselves. See below.

Bell Canada to pay $10-million fine for misleading ads, Competition Bureau says
    By LuAnn LaSalle, The Canadian Press | The Canadian Press – Tue, 28 Jun, 2011.. .

tweet15
    ... .

Related Content.
    The Bell logo is seen on the company's building in downtown Montreal

Article: Mental illness common in workplace
    Mon, 20 Jun, 2011

Article: Counselling part of TTC's suicide prevention program
    Fri, 17 Jun, 2011

Article: What's Behind the Sun News-Bell Battle?
    Wed, 15 Jun, 2011

Article: Telus roaming rates cut in bid to end 'bill shock'
    Tue, 14 Jun, 2011

Bell Canada must pay a $10-million fine for using misleading advertising — including "100 lines of fine print" — on prices for its home phone, Internet, satellite TV and wireless services, the federal Competition Bureau ruled.

The federal watchdog said Tuesday that Bell's advertised prices were not available because of additional mandatory fees related to modem rentals, phone and digital television services that were hidden from consumers in "fine print disclaimers."

"If you're going to advertise the price, it had better be the real price, " said Melanie Aitken, Commissioner of Competition.

"You can't use a disclaimer to advertise prices that aren't available to anyone. In this case, consumers had to wade through 1, 600 words — 100 lines of fine print — just to try to sort out, if they could, what the real price was, " Aitken said in an interview.

Aitken said Bell had been using this kind of misleading advertising nationally since 2007 in printed material, on its website and in some television and radio spots.

The fine is the maximum amount allowed under the Competition Act. Bell (TSX:BCE) has agreed to change its offending advertising within 60 days.

"This is the first case where that level of penalty has been agreed to, " she said.

The bureau said Bell had advertised a bundle for home phone, Internet and television services starting as low as $69.90 per month. However, the lowest possible price, including the mandatory fees, was $80.27, the competition bureau said.

Aitken said Bell also offered a home phone service for $14.95 a month, but the actual price was about 20 per cent higher when the mandatory fees were included.

A Bell spokesman said the telecom company disagrees with the decision but agreed to resolve the issue rather than going through a lengthy and costly legal challenge.

"Disclaimers in advertising have been common practice in the communications marketplace and many other industries in Canada, " said Mark Langton.

"The bureau has examined our advertising in the past and never raised concerns about price disclaimers, " he said in an email.

"We've always disclosed all fees in our advertising. The bureau uses a bell.ca example to explain its position, but customers could not actually buy our products without seeing any and all fees that would apply."

Aitken said she hopes the message that it's not acceptable to use fine print to explain prices goes beyond the telecom industry to businesses in general.

"Something as important as the total price that you're going to offer, it had better be clear."

The $10 million will go into a general government fund and Bell is paying an additional $100, 000 to the Competition Bureau to cover the costs of the investigation, Aitken said.
    ...

• Ll
    L. Lee Jun 28, 2011

I too am being knocked around by Bell Canada. Set up an account with them first through an online chat and then confirmed over the phone from BC before moving to Ontario last October (2010). Got here and they upped the price of everything and said they couldn't honour an agreement made in BC. And - they say they can't track the confirmation number I was given because they don't have access to what's going on in BC. (Some system.) I complained to the BBB and compromised a bit by accepting (1) a 2-year contract instead of 3-year & (2) a monthly bill of $108 instead of $102. So my complaint was resolved and my I was billed correctly for 2 consecutive months. By the third month, my bill had gone up by $3.95 for no reason. I re-opened my case with the BBB and Bell chose not to respond & since BBB has no authority to make them respond, they referred me to the Ministry of Consumer Services. So, that's where I'm going with this next and I urge everyone else to focus their energies by making noise through the proper channels. Maybe if enough of us do this, we can make a difference and stop this farce of a monopoly that Bell has going on.

Arabigo Jun 16, 2011

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

uggh with these ###s that talk too much but got nothing to say.

Arabigo Jun 16, 2011

Can't believe you're dissing your mom publicly LOL ... shame on you
    Maybe you should go get a brain and leave a company that's treating you horribly you [censored]. You deserve to be called every name in the book, for your account to get messed up, and for your services to degrade ...because you know nothing about anything and contributing to the issue that Bell simply can't provide a good service by sticking with them.

So GO ### YOURSELF you lazy SON OF A ###. People like you make the poor reps at Bell suffer. Maybe if all you ###s leave and Bell hopefully bankrupts then at least we get laid off and don't have to worry about this ###. I won't quit until I take you ###s down and Bell Mobility as well.

Arabigo Jun 15, 2011

Nah I happy milking your mama lol...

I just hate ###s like you who think they're god gift on earth. Do me a favor and switch to other company because trust me if I know who you are, I'll make sure you get nothing out of Bell except trouble, messed up bills, no tech service ...watch ;) lol

Be careful who you cross buddy.

Arabigo Jun 15, 2011

"paid crony" ?? ya right, those cheap ### there wish they can do that. I am just saying that the blame can't be on just Bell. Ya they're a horrible company that treats both customers and employees bad. However though, blame goes on customers too for not fully understanding their products or bills and then they cry like lil ### about it. I read and heard numerous complaints, but it comes down to people knowing ### ... they dont bother to read or research and they're even lazy. If people don't like Bell then don't be with them ..simple as that...go to another company. If you choose to keep going with Bell then stop whining because staying with Bell means you accept what happens to you.

I don't Bell changing its ways nor the customer service anytime soon. If any change, it will be all the jobs moved to east Asia so have fun with that. The CRTC is a toy in the hands of the telecommunication giants so they're very ineffective. ### the complainers, they just whine and doing nothing about it. They're staying with Bell and yet complaining ...that's cowardly because there are other companies there ...go to them...Bell isn't interested in customer service...they just want your $$. Their agents will be rude and hang up to you.

This is truth to Ken and scam "big mouth" buster whose grammar is very poor by the way and needs to use dots and commas once in a while. This is an opinion from someone who knows Bell Mobility well enough ...if you like it then don't bother us with your non-sense and go elsewhere, if you don't then go jump off the lake.

• Ke
    kenToronto Jun 15, 2011

So you are a paid crony from Bell who is being paid to post this ad. Did you read the numerous complaints against Bell. Did you see the F rating from BBB against Bell? As per CRTC, Bell is required to provide appropriate service, which it is not. So there are so many public compalints against Bell.

Arabigo Jun 15, 2011

We don't like dealing with the stupid Bell customers, when people call with things that make sense and not trying to hustle the system then we;re more than happy to help. The customers don't pay my salary, BELL does ... so stop talking son. Bell makes money from other sources than customers if you didn't know. Yes I am saying all customers have an IQ of a squirrel with a real stupid attitude... unfortunately I am there to make you customers are miserable as possible to the point where you leave Bell. Beside, dealing with ###s of customers if not too much of my responsibility and thankfully I do other duties ...so that's why I am still there.

If people have any common sense and see their service is horrible and the customer service is that bad, then to go somewhere else. If they choose to stay after all this, they are cowards and should have nothing to say or complaint about.

• Co
    comp1 Jun 13, 2011

If you are a Bell employee, then you had better deal with customers, because that is what you are paid to do! Are you saying all customers have IQ of squirrel, miserable attitude, stupid questions? Then why are you even working for Bell? Go home, if you do not want to deal with the customers who ultimately pay your salary.

Arabigo Jun 12, 2011

I personally think its better off not to call except to dispute bills and disconnect your service. Even better, switch to a different telecommunication company all together so you rid yourself of headache of dealing with incompetent unhappy employees who don't even want to be there, and we as employees don't have to deal with your IQ of a squirrel l intelligent, your miserable attitude, and your stupid questions. This is my personal opinion based on what I seen from the company and its customers.

marc de roy Jun 10, 2011

Je suis vraiment mecontent de ma recente experience avec Bell.Voila pourquoi, le 30 mars 2011 j'appele les services a la clientele pour un debranchement prevus pour le 30 avril 2011 a l'ancienne adresse, donc 1 mois d'avance pour l'ancienne adresse car j'ai un cellulaire avec eux, mais la personne me dit que c'est mieux de garder une ligne residentielle et qu'elle pouvait me faire un special ligne maison ordinaire pour 15$ par mois(wow) J'ai accepte parce qu'elle insistait beaucoup, je crois que son nom est Sherryl, elle m'a bien menti.Donc j'ai fait un transfert de ligne pour l'orignal(maison)sans qu'elle prenne mon preavis de 30 jours et avec tout les services qui si ratachent et que je ne voulais plus.J'ai rappele le 5 ou le 6 mai pour activer le preavis 30 jours qui n'a pas ete fait par eux, j'ai du payer 1 mois de plus au meme prix.j'ai vu sur mon compte du mois de mai que rien n'a change cela me coute encore 72$ par mois c'est loin d'etre a 15$ comme promis.Pour le cellulaire (avec bell mobilite)lorsque j'ai signe le contrat a la boutique de Hawkesbury, le vendeur m'avait dit que les interurbains etaient gratuits la semaine apres 6 pm et toutes les fins de semaines, je croyais que c'etait vrai sinon je n'aurais jamais fait ses appels que maintenant je dois payer pres de 150$. je suis vraiment furieux parce que je me suis fait manipuler par Bell et qu'il n'ont pas fait ce que je leurs ait demande, je suis tres insatisfait du service apres etre un client avec eux depuis 1984.